Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yep, if I were a betting man, I'd bet 50 euro on him being unveiled tomorrow, 07/07 is the perfect date for a CR7 unveiling.
One of LequipeTV host said the same thing earlier today but he also said that it was just a guess.

Loublaze

ATLien
Maybe till I see sustained performance from them. They were nowhere near the title 2 seasons ago, despite spending a ton of money even before Pep arrived to set everything up for him. When was the last CL that Pep won anyway?
2 seasons ago they didn't have him and Pep is bigger than City. The first season was a work in progress but he's got them playing how he wants now. We shall see indeed if they can sustain it but looking at his track record im afraid he most probably will. This is an argument I hope to lose. His last CL was probably 2011

gr3yham3

2 seasons ago they didn't have him and Pep is bigger than City. The first season was a work in progress but he's got them playing how he wants now. We shall see indeed if they can sustain it but looking at his track record im afraid he most probably will. This is an argument I hope to lose. His last CL was probably 2011
Yeah let's see how things go. I truly hope you are wrong too :D

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Don't watch much Juventus but I'll be far more curious if he joins them. Am I exaggerating if I think this can double their viewership? To a club like United or Real it might not make much difference, but on Juventus territory this might be profitable in terms of sponsorships, no?

gr3yham3

Read that the Fiat workers are unhappy about Ronaldo joining as Fiat agreed to get him to be a spokesperson, thus helping Juventus foot some of the bill despite them being in debt? We can help by getting Dybala from them to fund the move. :devil:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Does this genuinely look like it might happen then?

Stacks

The same club that can top every financial metric even without being successful enough on the field compared to its prestige because the machine is well setup and designed that way. No other club in the world has this kind of possibilities as soon as their sports results drop. So yes, it's the same Manchester United...
Ok, ok I get you.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
While that’s debatable, he’s obviously amongst the very best. But that’s not the point. What’s important is, wether he’s still worth this much money, once he’s 35 or 36 years old. I find that quite unlikely, to be honest. Paying for past performances rarely works out. Juve are risking quite a lot here, in my opinion.
Juve aren't stupid. If they're willing to do this is because they're very confident about what Ronaldo will give them commercially. They're signing a 33 year old but this is a signing for the future too, they've worked hard on improving their brand and this would be a great step in that direction.

Offering 30 million net to a player until he's 37 would be insane if done only for footballing reasons, even for Ronaldo.

SammyUnited_83

Incredible if this goes through for Juve, very ambitious move.

Bargain as well, he is absolutely priceless IMO.

Stacks

They were also on the verge of losing the title to Napoli and going out to Spurs before they even faced Madrid.
This is a strange transfer, I see posts vindicating it with talk about giving the aging team one last hope at CL success but they're buying a near 34 year old for an astronomical cost adding to an old team who needs rebuilding to fight off father time.
Utd fans were freaking out because we were linked with a 29 year old Toby after singing a 29 year old Sanchez but this is way past that.
Its probably desperation to win the CL, as like a last throw of the dice. Juve could do with Lukaku. I think maybe they feel Ronaldo can extend his career in Italy like Dario Hubner or Luca Toni due to the pace of it. This would guarentee some league titles for another 3 years.

Theodore

Supports
Liverpool, PAOK
I don't quite understand you response to the first reason?

If Real are more than happy to get 100 for CR7 and Juve are happy to pay it, what benefits Real selling CR7 to United for the same price?

Juve have more potential that who to make an upset? Like you say, Juve has just 'potential'. They're not established like a well oiled machine like United. It's easier to sell to Juve in this sense than it would be to United.

If United were the only club CR7 wante to go to, just like Real were the only club he wanted to leave from United, we'd still would have got fleeced in price...just like we did to Real at the time, even though Real were the only club CR7 wanted to go to.
I think you miss a few important parts of the story. Subtle, yet critical.

It's not that there are two offers, one from Juve and one from Man Utd, and it happens to be at the same price. 100m is the price Ronaldo and Perez agreed on by verbally before the summer (gents' agreement). If Ronaldo wanted to go to MU, then he would only want to go to MU and would have made a bigger fuss. It seems that what he wanted was Juventus.

For the second question, it's simple: I think Juve has more potential to win the Champions League with Ronaldo than MU winning the same with Ronaldo. But that's my humble opinion, and I don't think that's the main reason why Ronaldo preferred Juve.

So, to summarize, if United were the only club CR7 wanted to go to, Real would either accept a 100m offer, or would break its promise/reason to leave with Ronaldo (it's being said that the reason to leave is essentially that his clause is too low). I don't think United were even among his considerations this year.

Last edited:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He wants to secure his legacy as the GOAT.

Champion in England, Spain and Italy.
Juve would be champions without him. However if he took them to the CL win, that's a different matter

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Don't watch much Juventus but I'll be far more curious if he joins them. Am I exaggerating if I think this can double their viewership? To a club like United or Real it might not make much difference, but on Juventus territory this might be profitable in terms of sponsorships, no?
I think it would definitely increase their viewership.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I think it would definitely increase their viewership.
We'll see what kind of viewership.

PSG signing Ney and Mbappe got me to watch their games for like a couple weeks, then I just got bored, maybe it would be the same with Juve.

red thru&thru

I think you miss a few important parts of the story. Subtle, yet critical.

It's not that there are two offers, one from Juve and one from Man Utd, and it happens to be at the same price. 100m is the price Ronaldo and Perez agreed on by verbally before the summer (gents' agreement). If Ronaldo wanted to go to MU, then he would only want to go to MU and would have made a bigger fuss. It seems that what he wanted was Juventus.

For the second question, it's simple: I think Juve has more potential to win the Champions League with Ronaldo than MU winning the same with Ronaldo. But that's my humble opinion, and I don't think that's the main reason why Ronaldo preferred Juve.

So, to summarize, if United were the only club CR7 wanted to go to, Real would either accept a 100m offer, or would break its promise/reason to leave with Ronaldo (it's being said that the reason to leave is essentially that his clause is too low). I don't think United were even among his considerations this year.
First of all, NEVER refer to us as Man Utd!

Also the quite subtle, yet critical thing you're missing off is, this so called 100, be it in £'s or €'s is that, this was a gentleman's agreement from Perez to CR7, which did not include to selling to certain clubs...one of them which was Man United. So, I doubt we were ever an option.

cyberman

Their goal record holder is Del Piero with 290.
Does he come close? I'm saying half way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.