g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This is one battle Ronaldo can't win. Him being used as a bargaining chip for Neymar would hurt his pride.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Ronaldo’s getting 21 million, Messi 40 and Neymar 36. Griezmann’s new contract means he’ll be getting 23 million. I think even Alexis Sanchez is getting more than 21.

I am being objective. This has been going on for over a year, it’s not because of the tax case.

I see Madrid’s point of view too, he has 3 years on his contract and there’s no better place for him to be. I just think it’s pretty natural that this is happening, the weird thing would be if he wasn’t pushing for a new contract
Ok, just looked it up and it seems you're right about the wages. My bad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Ronaldo’s getting 21 million, Messi 40 and Neymar 36. Griezmann’s new contract means he’ll be getting 23 million. I think even Alexis Sanchez is getting more than 21.

I am being objective. This has been going on for over a year, it’s not because of the tax case.

I see Madrid’s point of view too, he has 3 years on his contract and there’s no better place for him to be. I just think it’s pretty natural that this is happening, the weird thing would be if he wasn’t pushing for a new contract
Sanchez isn't on 21 net. Football leaks reveled that figure pre tax.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

It hasn't been going on for over a year, mostly because he renewed 16 months ago. It's been going on since past June because of the tax problem, then the Neymar and Messi contracts made it worse.

If you want to talk about natural points of view, Marcelo and Casemiro combined earn 190k tax included, Ronaldo is on 365k after tax, more than double in the gross quantity, if every player acted like him in Real Madrid, he'd be left playing with Theo, [Irrelevant point] and Vallejo vs Bayern and Juve, or he'd be earning the same money but at United, without winning titles.

Winning titles usually has an impact in how much you earn unless you're bringing stellar performances more than 40 times a year, Ronaldo is past that point, iirc Leo wasn't the best paid player in the world in the Pep era, because if he was to demand absurd wages, half the squad would have to leave. Real Madrid and Ronaldo are in a standoff because both need each other, but if things were to go south, I think everyone concurs than in the current market, Cristiano Ronaldo needs Real Madrid more than the other way around, no other team would afford to pay him his current salary while giving him the best chances at earning top level titles every year. And to do that, they need to have money to keep paying his great teammates, otherwise he could end up playing with Semedo, Rakitic, Paulinho or Deulofeu.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It hasn't been going on for over a year, mostly because he renewed 16 months ago. It's been going on since past June because of the tax problem, then the Neymar and Messi contracts made it worse.
June of 2017 was one year ago, he renewed in 2016.

If you want to talk about natural points of view, Marcelo and Casemiro combined earn 190k tax included, Ronaldo is on 365k after tax, more than double in the gross quantity, if every player acted like him in Real Madrid, he'd be left playing with Theo, [Irrelevant point] and Vallejo vs Bayern and Juve, or he'd be earning the same money but at United, without winning titles.
Madrid has more than enough money for it, they've spent the past few years barely investing in the team at all. Look at the wages Barcelona give their players and what they've been investing in the team and compare it to Madrid.

Winning titles usually has an impact in how much you earn unless you're bringing stellar performances more than 40 times a year, Ronaldo is past that point, iirc Leo wasn't the best paid player in the world in the Pep era, because if he was to demand absurd wages, half the squad would have to leave. Real Madrid and Ronaldo are in a standoff because both need each other, but if things were to go south, I think everyone concurs than in the current market, Cristiano Ronaldo needs Real Madrid more than the other way around, no other team would afford to pay him his current salary while giving him the best chances at earning top level titles every year. And to do that, they need to have money to keep paying his great teammates, otherwise he could end up playing with Semedo, Rakitic, Paulinho or Deulofeu.
But Barcelona spend more money on those players than Madrid to get the ones they have... and I'm sure he'd love playing with Rakitic, brilliant player. The money that Ronaldo should be getting isn't being used to pay his teammates or to improve the team. It's being used to build a stack of 300 million euros for Neymar and I don't know how many million more to spend on some kids that will only be good enough to play for Madrid once Ronaldo is old. That's the problem.

PSG would give him more money and the same odds of winning the Champions League. Ronaldo leaves Madrid and it will create loads of problems on the pitch and in the dressing room. Most fans would turn on Perez too, Ronaldo in 2018 isn't Casillas in 2014 or Raul in 2009. Ronaldo loves it in Madrid, it's the biggest club in the world and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave but he clearly has enough negotiation power. Both sides do which is why there will be all this nonsense during the summer and then they'll find some agreement.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star

Madrid has more than enough money for it, they've spent the past few years barely investing in the team at all. Look at the wages Barcelona give their players and what they've been investing in the team and compare it to Madrid.

But Barcelona spend more money on those players than Madrid to get the ones they have... and I'm sure he'd love playing with Rakitic, brilliant player. The money that Ronaldo should be getting isn't being used to pay his teammates or to improve the team. It's being used to build a stack of 300 million euros for Neymar and I don't know how many million more to spend on some kids that will only be good enough to play for Madrid once Ronaldo is old. That's the problem.

PSG would give him more money and the same odds of winning the Champions League. Ronaldo leaves Madrid and it will create loads of problems on the pitch and in the dressing room. Most fans would turn on Perez too, Ronaldo in 2018 isn't Casillas in 2014 or Raul in 2009. Ronaldo loves it in Madrid, it's the biggest club in the world and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave but he clearly has enough negotiation power. Both sides do which is why there will be all this nonsense during the summer and then they'll find some agreement.
PSG would offer nowhere near the same platform, they've yet to play in a CL semi after almost 10 years of investing. They would also have to get rid of Neymar first.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
PSG would offer nowhere near the same platform, they've yet to play in a CL semi after almost 10 years of investing. They would also have to get rid of Neymar first.
Why? They could definitely play at least one year together in Paris.

Madrid's key players will only get worse and PSG would have Neymar and Mbappe next to Ronaldo. They haven't reached a semifinal but they've clearly been more than good enough to get there, just been unlucky with the draws.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star

Madrid's key players will only get worse and PSG would have Neymar and Mbappe next to Ronaldo. They haven't reached a semifinal but they've clearly been more than good enough to get there, just been unlucky with the draws.
Neymar engineered a move away from Barcelona because he didn't want to play second fiddle to Messi, I somehow don't think he'd accept doing it again for a nearly 34 year old Ronaldo. They also both play from the left side, somebody would have to move to a less preferred position. The first time there's a freekick would also be interesting. :)

I disagree with regards to PSG, if something keeps happening again and again it indicates a deeper problem. They could have knocked out City at least, but they failed even then. They're basically the anti Real Madrid, while Real will somehow manage to win, PSG will inevitably find a way to blow it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: Did you ever have one bad word to say about Ronaldo?

You have to stay objective dude, fair enough if Perez promised him a contract he should keep his word. Completely right about that.

But I'd be very disappointed if we paid any part of his 28m fine from the taxes he forgot to pay.

Oh and by the way, Messi and Neymar don't earn double what he earns. Not even close.
Messi does. Neymar does not. I'm not sure he even earns more than Cristiano. €37m a year before tax, he's less expemsive to PSG than Cris is for us

Agree with the rest. IF Flo promised him that new contract(6 months after he signed his last one in December 2016...) then he should keep his word and pay him. A club like ours can't must abide by its word. Plus it's Cristiano, not some scrub who had a good 3 months at the club FFS

Honestly, the situation being what it is, would not mind a swap with Neymar. Even if we have to pay an extra on top i'd still do it

Swap Bale with Lewy/Salah as well(same story) and we're in business

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

Hence why I said 16 months the date he signed the new contract, he didn't complain for the next months

The fact that Barcelona are overpaying some players imo doesn't mean Real had to do it too, either way, Barcelona weekly wages ascend to 2.65M/week (Dembele isn't there, so a bit more), Real are in 2.3M/week but there's been overlapping, Coutinho and Iniesta coincide in the payroll just for 6 months, there's 165k in that figure from Loaned players (Marlon, already sold I think, Deulo and Rafinha), the myth that we "overpay our squad" is bigger than what it really is, now with Messi earning more the difference should be higher, but just because of Messi, not role players.

No one would dislike playing with Rakitic, but he's no Modric, same way Alba is not Marcelo, and Semedo/Roberto aren't Carvajal in good form, nevermind comparing Kroos for the last 3 years vs Iniesta, Gomes or Paulinho... it would be a joke, only bigger if you look at the bench present and past, James, Morata, Isco, or even Bale/Asensio vs Paulinho, Deulofeu, Denis, Arda or Alcacer. But the point is, no other team in the world has that amount of class in almost every position.

They wouldn't be able to play together in PSG, they're already struggling with Fair Play rulings, so they'd have to sell Cavani, sign Ronaldo for probably more than what they get from Cavani, and double their striker wages, Cavani earns 200k/week (taxes included), Ronaldo earns 365k after taxes, if PSG were to sign him and not be spanked by UEFA, they'd probably have to sell 2 or 4 quality players, I don't think swapping Ronaldo for Cavani is worth losing Di Maria, Verratti or Thiago Silva for them, and as has been said, we're already talking of a team that has failed to reach a UCL Semifinal, vs leaving one that just won 4 titles in 5 years, it's a completely different level of performance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Actually we've sunk a lot of money on the wage bill. Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Asensio, Isco, Carvajal, Lucas all signed new contracts in the last 18 months, with big raises for everyone. Going back a bit were Cris, Bale and Benzema as well

Most fans would turn on Perez too, Ronaldo in 2018 isn't Casillas in 2014 or Raul in 2009.
The last year, specifically Cristiano's public calls for a new contract, at incredibly inopportune times and with a tax evasion case pending on his head made sure few people will turn on Perez if we lose Cris as s result of the club refusing to cave in to his demands. Also? 2 leagues and 4 CL. 33 years old. We won what we needed to win with him. He's a club legend and arguably our best player ever, but he's never had the kind of relationship with madridismo that Raul or Iker had -spanish wonderkids coming through the academy. They were the team's captain at the time they were forced out. Plus it wasn't a result of them being unhappy at the club refusing to pay their fines for tax evasion(right or wrong, that is how a lot of people perceive this situation in Spain)

reddaz71

Pogba and De Gea straight swap for Bale and Ronaldo? Loathed to lose De Gea but surely its tempting? I am kidding right.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Actually we've sunk a lot of money on the wage bill. Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Asensio, Isco, Carvajal, Lucas all signed new contracts in the last 18 months, with big raises for everyone. Going back a bit were Cris, Bale and Benzema as well
Except your big raises mean they're still underpaid comparing to what other clubs are paying. Marcelo is getting less money than Kolasinac... Ronaldo getting more money does not in any way influence the quality of the teammates that the club will be able to put around him since most of the money Madrid is getting is not being invested in the squad for the present of the team anyway.

Vinicius Junior was 45 million, how much is Rodrygo going for? Meanwhile Pepe left because it wasn't convenient to pay him what he was worth and Mbappe who would have been a brilliant signing for the present didn't go to Madrid because he was asking for too much.

The last year, specifically Cristiano's public calls for a new contract, at incredibly inopportune times and with a tax evasion case pending on his head made sure few people will turn on Perez if we lose Cris as s result of the club refusing to cave in to his demands. Also? 2 leagues and 4 CL. 33 years old. We won what we needed to win with him. He's a club legend and arguably our best player ever, but he's never had the kind of relationship with madridismo that Raul or Iker had -spanish wonderkids coming through the academy. They were the team's captain at the time they were forced out. Plus it wasn't a result of them being unhappy at the club refusing to pay their fines for tax evasion(right or wrong, that is how a lot of people perceive this situation in Spain)
You're greatly underestimating his relationship with the Bernabeu, Casillas and Raul had the fans divided by the time they left which isn't the case here. This would be Perez selling the best player in the world because he's refusing to pay him what he deserves to be payed, it's as simple as that. If Ronaldo leaves the fans will know why and if there were promises that weren't kept the fans will know it too, he won't leave without good reason to do so.

AkaAkuma

anybody understand how easy it would be to buy a Ronaldo, Bale or Griezmann factoring in the wage increase rule (7M increase on previous season)?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're greatly underestimating his relationship with the Bernabeu, Casillas and Raul had the fans divided by the time they left which isn't the case here. This would be Perez selling the best player in the world because he's refusing to pay him what he deserves to be payed, it's as simple as that. If Ronaldo leaves the fans will know why and if there were promises that weren't kept the fans will know it too, he won't leave without good reason to do so.
See that's the thing. If that is true and it comes out, sure, the backlash for Flo will be horrifying. But if not? Nope. And i'm not underestimating his relationship with the bernabeu at all: right now he's the one that wants to leave, and he's the one with a tax evasion case pending over his head, and he's the one who started asking for money less than 6 months after signing a contract, and he's the one causing a scene literally minutes after winning the CL. It's as if he and Flo scripted the whole thing to get him to leave the club without the risk of Flo getting hanged by the balls outside the bernabeu

His situation differs from Raul and Casillas in more ways than one

InfiniteBoredom

See that's the thing. If that is true and it comes out, sure, the backlash for Flo will be horrifying. But if not? Nope. And i'm not underestimating his relationship with the bernabeu at all: right now he's the one that wants to leave, and he's the one with a tax evasion case pending over his head, and he's the one who started asking for money less than 6 months after signing a contract, and he's the one causing a scene literally minutes after winning the CL. It's as if he and Flo scripted the whole thing to get him to leave the club without the risk of Flo getting hanged by the balls outside the bernabeu

His situation differs from Raul and Casillas in more ways than one
I doubt it will be if you manage to get Neymar. At the end of next season, if you manage to win nothing, then sure, maybe. But as of this moment, Flo's 2nd reign has still seen you to 4 CLs, and kicking out a declining/aging Ronaldo, as good as he still is, wouldn't be the cardinal sin for the Real fanbase, as long as your team keep on rolling.

Suhail

Except your big raises mean they're still underpaid comparing to what other clubs are paying. Marcelo is getting less money than Kolasinac... Ronaldo getting more money does not in any way influence the quality of the teammates that the club will be able to put around him since most of the money Madrid is getting is not being invested in the squad for the present of the team anyway.

Vinicius Junior was 45 million, how much is Rodrygo going for? Meanwhile Pepe left because it wasn't convenient to pay him what he was worth and Mbappe who would have been a brilliant signing for the present didn't go to Madrid because he was asking for too much.

Kek he doesn’t deserve anything, he only signed a new deal 6 months ago and has declined massively, he is 33 now and is not gonna improve. Casillas and raul were always more loved by their fans than cr anyway, don’t think kicking cr is gonna actually be doom and gloom for flo.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

That's a lie and you know it.

PSG struggle to make it to the semi finals most years.

I can agree on the money aspect.

That's why I think a Neymar and Ronaldo plus money trade makes so much sense.

Madrid get themselves a galatico and raise two middle fingers to Barca and Ronaldo gets his millions.

K2K

PSG haven't necessarily been unlucky. They are just mentally fragile. The complete opposite of this Madrid machine that almost seems to win on autopilot. One man doesn't change that.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
PSG haven't necessarily been unlucky. They are just mentally fragile. The complete opposite of this Madrid machine that almost seems to win on autopilot. One man doesn't change that.
Buffon and Ronaldo would. New coach and an easier draw... it's inevitable they'll get there in the recent future. They probably need to get far a few times to then be able to win it, that's usually how it goes.

Ahsan_6386

I think Real will be in for a real shock if they believe that they can hold off Ronaldo contract negotiations and then try to use him as bargaining chip for Neymar . A declining Ronaldo still gets you loads of crucial goals which a prime Neymar won't . It won't be such a smooth sailing for them if Ronaldo leaves and they will be in a struggling mode when they play the league and Champions league since Neymar is more of a prime flair without those crucial goals . There is a reason that his real teammates want him to stay so badly as he literally is a trophy guarantee even in decline . I still expect him to score 35+ goals next season where ever he will be . Can you expect Neymar to do the same thing season after season while getting paid much more than Ronaldo . I believe Real and Ronaldo will still find a compromise later this year . I know Ronaldo is a drama queen but this time he does have a valid point when he is getting paid much less than Neymar and Messi . If Perez promised him a new contract with more money then he should keep his word .

K2K

Buffon and Ronaldo would. New coach and an easier draw... it's inevitable they'll get there in the recent future. They probably need to get far a few times to then be able to win it, that's usually how it goes.
Buffon has just left Juve.

A club that couldn't win the UCL to save their lives.

And you are now also changing your tune. From saying that PSG have the same odds of winning the UCL to saying they would need a few years to win it.

The best example of how long it takes with this oil clubs is to look at Chelsea. And they were at least getting to semis. Even Madrid after their spending spree in 2009 needed 5 years to win it. Ronaldo would be 38 by then.

Ronaldo needs Madrid for more than they need him. Especially if they can get Neymar in return.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Buffon has just left Juve.

A club that couldn't win the UCL to save their lives.
You know what I meant. Both Ronaldo and Buffon are serial winners and two players with their status would definitely change the mentality.

And you are now also changing your tune. From saying that PSG have the same odds of winning the UCL to saying they would need a few years to win it.

The best example of how long it takes with this oil clubs is to look at Chelsea. And they were at least getting to semis. Even Madrid after their spending spree in 2009 needed 5 years to win it. Ronaldo would be 38 by then.

Ronaldo needs Madrid for more than they need him. Especially if they can get Neymar in return.
Well Madrid will probably need a few years to win it again too.. Ronaldo leaves Madrid for PSG and he'll be earning more money while competing for the Champions League all the same while Madrid will have to spend 300 million on Neymar plus more than 100 million on a striker to replace Ronaldo's goals, then they'll have to find more money to prepare the succession for Marcelo, Ramos and Modric in the next few years... they're already lacking goalscorers, losing Ronaldo would mean they'd have to break multiple records in the transfer market just to try to keep themselves at the same level. All while dealing with a new manager, impossible expectations and fans being mad that their favourite and best player has left the club. The dressing room wouldn't be happy either.

Ronaldo loves it at Madrid but he really wouldn't lose much by moving to PSG. It would probably suit him more at this stage of his career. He'd be able to prolong his career, get his goals, rest whenever he wants and then try to help them get their first Champions League. He's done it all in Madrid, a new challenge would be good for him too.

K2K

You know what I meant. Both Ronaldo and Buffon are serial winners and two players with their status would definitely change the mentality.

Well Madrid will probably need a few years to win it again too.. Ronaldo leaves Madrid for PSG and he'll be earning more money while competing for the Champions League all the same while Madrid will have to spend 300 million on Neymar plus more than 100 million on a striker to replace Ronaldo's goals, then they'll have to find more money to prepare the succession for Marcelo, Ramos and Modric in the next few years... they're already lacking goalscorers, losing Ronaldo would mean they'd have to break multiple records in the transfer market just to try to keep themselves at the same level. All while dealing with a new manager, impossible expectations and fans being mad that their favourite and best player has left the club. The dressing room wouldn't be happy either.

Ronaldo loves it at Madrid but he really wouldn't lose much by moving to PSG. It would probably suit him more at this stage of his career. He'd be able to prolong his career, get his goals, rest whenever he wants and then try to help them get their first Champions League. He's done it all in Madrid, a new challenge would be good for him too.
PSG signed Dani Alves too. A serial winner supposedly. Still didn't help.

It takes years to change something like that. Especially when the winners you are signing are at the twilight of their careers unlike the Madrid example who signed players at their very peak.

Madrid would have to deal with most of this issues with or without or Ronaldo. Even still, with Barca and Bayern in transition, the English clubs generally toothless in Europe, and PSG consistently failing in Europe, Real are still one of the favourites for the UCL. Even without Ronaldo. Having the best midfield in the world helps a great deal. And as shown in the UCL final, Madrid do have other players that can actually step up when Ronaldo is not performing.

The dressing room wasn't happy when the sold many other players in the past. They still got on with the job.

Don't get me wrong Ronaldo is one of the greats at Madrid but that club has always found ways to move on post great players.

I do agree with you on one front. Both Madrid and Real might be best served by Ronaldo going to PSG. I don't think Florentino wants to pay whatever Ronaldo wants and PSG have a bottomless pit of money so they could easily meet Ronaldo's demands.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I think he'll go to PSG. And then probably the USA in a year or two before retiring.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
all depends on whether they can sign Neymar. I do not think they'll let him leave if he does not come.
He earns less than he should but Messi was approaching the last year of contract and Neymar is 26 years old.
This is purely a matter of age.
I think the FFP's decision on PSG will be known shortly, maybe it will solve some doubts.
Everyone loves Cristiano but even the most devoted fan doubt of paying him 30/35 million net,and they are not blind either, and they saw how he lost every run in the Champions final.
Florentino has brought titles and knows that the socios will understand him.
someone remembers now Morata, Ozil or Di Maria? Even yesterday Marcelo said that Cristiano is not the owner of the club (in reference to playing alongside Neymar).
For what is said the return of Kiev was a wake because of him.
About his desire to leave and the threats, maybe it's like the tale of Peter and the wolf

Javi

If Ronaldo goes to PSG then Neymar must be leaving there. No way the french can muster a wage bill with Neymar and Ronaldo before FFP, right?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I doubt it will be if you manage to get Neymar. At the end of next season, if you manage to win nothing, then sure, maybe. But as of this moment, Flo's 2nd reign has still seen you to 4 CLs, and kicking out a declining/aging Ronaldo, as good as he still is, wouldn't be the cardinal sin for the Real fanbase, as long as your team keep on rolling.
If it turns out Flo forced Cristiano out, he'd get massive backlash, no matter what. Only an incredibly successful season could mitigate it.

Kicking out Cristiano is not a cardinal sin right now only because Cristiano is making sure it's not.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano's setting think that the situation is complicated but not irreversible. They think he was wrong with what he said in Kiev but they blame his character

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid offer Cristiano.
"Partidos jugados" is "played games" but don't say how many.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
His setting say that It's not a problem of money but status,since he could pay the fine with a couple of adverts
apparently a few months ago, in january,after the mundialito, Jose Angel Sanchez offered something similar, but he thought that the offer with the bonus was a lack of respect to his trajectory/career

Status
Not open for further replies.