Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Oh shit, He's channeling his inner Wayne Rooney. This isn't looking good for Real Madrid.

Rajma

Javi

At the end of the article it says, "The reality is that unless there is a drastic change in the coming days, there will come a point of no return for Ronaldo." Why would it matter - hasn't he already made an irreversible decision? I'm confused.
You're just taking too much of this gossip at face value. The decision obviously never was irreversible, it wasn't two years ago (or when he was supposed to irreversibly wanting to move also) and it's not now. Ronaldo has a contract with Madrid until 2021, that's the current status unless you hear something else. The media are merely a vehicle for Ronaldo and Madrid to push certain narratives and atm it doesn't look like Ronaldo's departure is imminent because there is no club consistently rumoured as destination and a transfer like that won't happen overnight Fabinho style.

Rajma

You're just taking too much of this gossip at face value. The decision obviously never was irreversible, it wasn't two years ago (or when he was supposed to irreversibly wanting to move also) and it's not now. Ronaldo has a contract with Madrid until 2021, that's the current status unless you hear something else. The media are merely a vehicle for Ronaldo and Madrid to push certain narratives and atm it doesn't look like Ronaldo's departure is imminent because there is no club consistently rumoured as destination and a transfer like that won't happen overnight Fabinho style.
I know mate, I was just being sarcastic for the reasons you've outlined. Not in a million years he's leaving Madrid.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I know mate, I was just being sarcastic for the reasons you've outlined. Not in a million years he's leaving Madrid.
Never say never. Ronaldo is smart enough to know that a move back to United would earn him a small fortune. Like any superstar footballer coming to the end of an illustrious career, Ronnie is looking for one final bumper payday and if Real cannot grant him that wish, Woody and United absolutely will.

Not for the first time he is using his old club as his primary bargaining chip in contract negotiations, if Perez had a pair he'd call his bluff.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like to ignore Ronaldo saga every year he wants a new contract, but just saw he has a contract with Real Madrid until 2021. Can anyone explain why would Real Madrid offer him new contract? I reckon he has big release clause that no one can match anyway.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I like to ignore Ronaldo saga every year he wants a new contract, but just saw he has a contract with Real Madrid until 2021. Can anyone explain why would Real Madrid offer him new contract? I reckon he has big release clause that no one can match anyway.
He'd be roughly 36 or so when this one expires. Can't see any reason to extend that beyond then.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't necessarily think he's after an extension, just wants a pay rise.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
This thread about Ronaldo has enhanced my boredom further

Edit: Confirmed my boredom further

Hojoon

Wonder why he is disgusted. Did Real do a Wenger and add 1 pound on the previous offer
Apparently the offer would be half of what Messi earns, significantly less than what Neymar earns (or would earn if he were to join Real), and Atletico offered Griezmann a new contract that would make him earn only 2 million less. If Ronaldo believes he is the best in the world, then his wages wouldn't reflect that at all.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This will come to a head when Spain plays Portugal and Sergio inevitably ends up injuring him

James Peril

A lot of rubbish, rumors, schadenfreude and crap about nothing. No direct quotes, nothing to discuss. What Barcelona-papers say about Ronaldo isn’t very interesting.

davidmichael

If I was Real (and I hate Real) I’d simply tell Ronaldo he has a contract until 2021 which is 3 years so there’s no new contract happening and if he isn’t happy with his £500K+ a week then he’s free to leave to any club that wants to pay what Real want as a transfer fee, he’s become such a primadonna it’s ridiculous.

As long as it wasn’t us that bought him for the £100 million Real would want on top of £500K a week wages I wouldn’t care where he went as I know he wouldn’t join City so it’d likely be PSG which as strange as it sounds I don’t see as a problem as I don’t think Ronaldo upgrades PSG as I don’t think Ronaldo is a better player than Neymar is now.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

He is a bit burned by the idea of a statue ..
That’s why he needs a new one. A very large one. I suspect one that blocks the sunshine in Argentina would be his preference.

*rather worryingly, I get an advert for some stomach machine with Ronnie staring at me on this page. George Orwell, help us all!!

stepic

Apparently the offer would be half of what Messi earns, significantly less than what Neymar earns (or would earn if he were to join Real), and Atletico offered Griezmann a new contract that would make him earn only 2 million less. If Ronaldo believes he is the best in the world, then his wages wouldn't reflect that at all.
He already has a contract in place. Are you saying that since Ronaldo’s last contract upgrade Messi’s contract has doubled?

Hojoon

He already has a contract in place. Are you saying that since Ronaldo’s last contract upgrade Messi’s contract has doubled?
:confused:

Ronaldo's last contract extension was in late 2016, Messi's last contract extension last season. The new contract offered by Real (25 million) would be half of what Messi earns according to reports.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
While he is paid astronomical amounts as it is, money is always relative to what the top in the industry is paid.
And if Messi is really paid double, he's probably got every right to be after more.

Probably!
Madrid would be insane to do a new deal though when he has years to run, is already 33, and clearly starting his descent.

AndyJ1985

Ronaldo's last contract extension was in late 2016, Messi's last contract extension last season. The new contract offered by Real (25 million) would be half of what Messi earns according to reports.
He's half the player, so that's fair.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Am I wrong in thinking that because of how much they used CR and Real in the promo for Fifa 19 that some big sponsorship money was already paid with the assumption he isn't going anywhere? Ergo.. Another reason why this is a nothing story?

stepic

What is Ronaldo currently on?

reddaz71

Heres the reality... Ronaldo getting older, slowly declining and wants his club to pay his tax debt and also a pay rise, Real see all this and are seemingly indifferent and want Neymar thus holding all the aces,result is Ronaldo throws an almighty strop and uses the word "Manchester" once again as all the toys are launched from the pram! Tbh I hope we do not get involved in any of this annual fiasco!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Heres the reality... Ronaldo getting older, slowly declining and wants his club to pay his tax debt and also a pay rise, Real see all this and are seemingly indifferent and want Neymar thus holding all the aces,result is Ronaldo throws an almighty strop and uses the word "Manchester" once again as all the toys are launched from the pram! Tbh I hope we do not get involved in any of this annual fiasco!
It's like you're there, talking to Madrid and Ronaldo, and exactly know who said what. Amazing deduction from the papers, with not even a single quote.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
If he wants to come, and Madrid are reasonable, then we'd be mad to pass it up. It would potentially be the fairy tale ending to his career. If Woodward is as smart as he looks, he'd manage to turn the signing into a money maker, rather than an expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.