Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Would be cool to see him at United but Juve would be awesome in its own right! Would a lot to the Italian league. Besides I think top talent is way to concentrated in Spain.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He's gonna play for Juve. Deal with it lads. Will be good for Serie A!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Thought it was a good move at the stage for his career. He could still play 4-5 good years in Italy, and to succeed in 3 different top leagues was so appealing too. There’s decent chance for Juventus winning the CL too, plus he was loved by the Juventus fans.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I wonder how Juve fans fill about the possibility of having Ronaldo in their team? I'm sure the opinions will be divided.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's gonna play for Juve. Deal with it lads. Will be good for Serie A!
Ignoring for a moment that this seems completely absurd, how would Juve pay for him? With Dybala+Sandro ? And how would they pay his wages? I assume a part of their transfer budget could be used to pay him and Mendes 20-40m signing bonus, but the overall package, even hypothetically, seems completely out of reach.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Why divided? No disrespect but it is the Italian league. Juve should bite Madrid's hand off.
You know how fans are. Even when it comes to a legend of the game. I would love him at Porto but i'm pretty sure many wouldn't want him anywhere near. At least the guy from my usual go-to gas station.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You know how fans are. Even when it comes to a legend of the game. I would love him at Porto but i'm pretty sure many wouldn't want him anywhere near. At least the guy from my usual go-to gas station.
Maybe it's a bit more complex with clubs in Portugal? I think every club in France, Italy, Germany, England and Spain (bar Barcelona) would want him, as in the great majority of their supporters. But at what price..

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Ignoring for a moment that this seems completely absurd, how would Juve pay for him? With Dybala+Sandro ? And how would they pay his wages? I assume a part of their transfer budget could be used to pay him and Mendes 20-40m signing bonus, but the overall package, even hypothetically, seems completely out of reach.
Juve have 34 league titles now, second best are Inter and Milan with 18. They're desperate for a CL trophy so making an effort to get Ronaldo would make sense and Ronaldo being interested in a new challenge would make sense too. Juve could get enough for a transfer fee, the wages would be the problem. With Buffon and one of Dybala or Higuain going it might make it possible but Ronaldo would probably need to take a wage cut for it to happen.

I imagine that a star as big as Ronaldo would bring plenty of financial advantages for Juve too though, don't know how significant that would be. I think he'll end up staying one more year in Madrid and then move, would be a lot of fun to see him elsewhere while he's still good enough though.

Neo_Mufc

I expect Ronaldo to announce his future directly after the W.C has been won.

His transfer is more important right.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Juve have 34 league titles now, second best are Inter and Milan with 18. They're desperate for a CL trophy so making an effort to get Ronaldo would make sense and Ronaldo being interested in a new challenge would make sense too. Juve could get enough for a transfer fee, the wages would be the problem. With Buffon and one of Dybala or Higuain going it might make it possible but Ronaldo would probably need to take a wage cut for it to happen.

I imagine that a star as big as Ronaldo would bring plenty of financial advantages for Juve too though, don't know how significant that would be. I think he'll end up staying one more year in Madrid and then move, would be a lot of fun to see him elsewhere while he's still good enough though.
I don't doubt they badly want him. Don't think they'd win the CL though. I think they'd have to part with their best players to acquire him, whether directly in a swap or through raising funds by selling to others. And their stalwart defense is ageing rapidly with a very average goalie taking over from Buffon.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Ronnie in a new team next season just for the enjoyment, but I don't see how Juve would manage to pull this off. Even for United it's unrealistic.

Neo_Mufc

Where do you think he will go ?
I think he's staying put at Real Madrid.

I know he's an amazing player but how much would a club have to fork out for his services?

How long can a 33 year old keep going? I can see him slowly becoming a fox in the box type player as he starts to slow down.

If he stays at Madrid he stays in one of the best teams in European football who have been winning.

Why break something that doesn't need fixing.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Great player but the idea of paying a huge transfer fee for a player of his age is just silly.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think he's staying put at Real Madrid.

I know he's an amazing player but how much would a club have to fork out for his services?

How long can a 33 year old keep going? I can see him slowly becoming a fox in the box type player as he starts to slow down.

If he stays at Madrid he stays in one of the best teams in European football who have been winning.

Why break something that doesn't need fixing.
Probably correct. Madrid would be fecked if they sell him as they wouldn't be able to replace his goals and would probably put them in a real dog fight to even qualify for the CL.

manutddjw

There’s no way. Real Madrid won’t sell unless they have an adequate replacement and the 2 people they’d likely want are at PSG who’ll tell them and those players to get fecked. Real Madrid aren’t just going to let him go on the cheap either even if they secured a reasonable replacement.

reddaz71

He's gone from Madrid, its over, they are all in for Neymar.

Juventus? Not happening, they are not high profile enough amongst other things, fact is he's Utd bound!

El Zoido

Times are changing at Madrid, they’ll sell him if they can get a good return. If they can get £80m+ for a player approaching the end of their career they’ll sell. His value will continue to decrease from here.

kthanksbye

From Juve's pov they have the money to spend now, no reason why they'd not buy Ronaldo if they can for a price around 100m.
From Madrid's pov, not sure who they'll replace him with. They'll need two players to replace his goals to be honest. Hazard and Icardi, maybe?
But, in today's market, they'll have to pay 100 for each.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
It's impossibile that Cr7 goes to Juventus, they don't have enough money, not for buy him, but for pay him. No way.

Javi

It's impossibile that Cr7 goes to Juventus, they don't have enough money, not for buy him, but for pay him. No way.
If they were to sell Dybala then there are the funds. That is if you're assessment is true, but, forgive me, your word isn't enough to convince me.

Deechii

It will be Juve or PSJ. Teams where league cups are not so hard to win and probably will win it again next year and main contenders for CL.

So :
Win the league.
Win small cups.
Play in CL.
Lots of goals.
And without any pressure which will be extremely high if he comes to United.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Really hope he leaves, and that the team where he will go get Real Madrid in the champions league. What a dream, seeing Ronaldo kicking Real Madrid's ass at the Bernabéu. what a dream, what a dream.

I think Real Madrid fans and board maybe are forgeting Ronaldo's influence in the dressing room. Can't see the like of Marcelo, Casemiro and Benzema being really happy. Can't really see the young stars at madrid being happy also. Let's see. Anyway, i hope he leaves.

gaucho_10

Really hope he leaves, and that the team where he will go get Real Madrid in the champions league. What a dream, seeing Ronaldo kicking Real Madrid's ass at the Bernabéu. what a dream, what a dream.
We'll win it again, with or without him.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're in for a huge shock when Ronaldo leaves if you think they'll win the CL again.
Of course we will. We won 9 without him. We likely won't win it again next season with or without Cristiano, but we will win it again in the future

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
If they were to sell Dybala then there are the funds. That is if you're assessment is true, but, forgive me, your word isn't enough to convince me.

Juventus is not able to pay € 60 million per year of wage on a single player, even if that player is the best in the world.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
Who says that's what Ronaldo demands?
his wage at Real is about 21 ml €. Apparently his demands for new contract is worth 30 ml €. In Italy this means (with tax) 60 milions per year, for 4 years (240 ml + another 100/120ml for buy the player) . No Italian club can afford these figures. Maybe I'm Wrong, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.