Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Juventus' stock price going up is not particularly relevant to the actual impact of Ronaldo on their financials. It's a short term reaction to a news event, and there are many other indicators that will have to be monitored over the medium term to see how their financials are impacted. The jump in price is however a good sign of a deal happening as there is likely some insider information.

Souce: I'm a trader on the markets.
Or a classic case of buy the rumor, sell the news.

Juve stock has done very well over the last 5 yrs tho. Much better than United's for example

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Will be shocked if Real don't go in for Neymar.

What do Madridistas think of the move? Do you want Neymar? @Vato @giorno
Would love it but i'd prefer Mbappé honestly

And we're still going to need to sign a proper #9 anyways, Mbappé fits the bill

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

He was born to play in Madrid, and everything was well on track
, but first his father and then Satan, reincarnated in Rosell, took him down on the way to perdition. It is written in the stars that he will amaze us in the Bernabéu, his brightness when looking at the sky has illuminated the heart of all Madridistas. We all dream of the same thing.
Nostradamus himself says it in his predictions of 2018
“the big war will start in France and then all Europe will be attacked, it will be long and terrifying for everyone…and then finally there will be peace but only a few will enjoy it”.(we will start with Ney and later will be tapping up around Europe.).

I imagine that right now you are thinking "Carvajal has put solid reasons on the table, but Nostradamus is very ambiguous about France." Yes, you're right, maybe he means Mbappé :D
In short, I would love him, delightful technique, controversial player who should reach maturity and demonstrate once and for all everything that has inside.

redmanx

Is there any chance that United will hijack the deal and sign Ronaldo? It's worked with Lukaku :D

All these years waiting for him to come back home and now when he finally leaves Madrid, he goes to Juve. Tragic.
Im a huge admirer of Ronaldo and will never forget his performances for United, once SAF had worked on him, lol. I always hoped he would return to United, but its too late now; hes still a fantastic player but at 33 his best days are behind him and paying upwards of a million for him, plus his sky high wages is simply too big an outlay. If PSG are willing to do so, Im pleased for Ronaldo to get one last big contract, even if he goes to China.

Eddy_JukeZ

Would love it but i'd prefer Mbappé honestly

And we're still going to need to sign a proper #9 anyways, Mbappé fits the bill
Imagine if you tried to somehow poach both from PSG :lol:

Do you see Bale leaving too?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
, but first his father and then Satan, reincarnated in Rosell, took him down on the way to perdition. It is written in the stars that he will amaze us in the Bernabéu, his brightness when looking at the sky has illuminated the heart of all Madridistas. We all dream of the same thing.
“the big war will start in France and then all Europe will be attacked, it will be long and terrifying for everyone…and then finally there will be peace but only a few will enjoy it”.(we will start with Ney and later will be tapping up around Europe.).

I imagine that right now you are thinking "Carvajal has put solid reasons on the table, but Nostradamus is very ambiguous about France." Yes, you're right, maybe he means Mbappé :D
:lol: Great post.

Inter Yer Nan

Great player, great personality and example but I'd rather not go for him and I expect the relative ease of Serie A will appeal to him. He has nothing to prove in England and can only do worse if he came back. He'll win a few easy leagues in Serie A, score a grip of goals and can really rest himself for the big European games. If he wins the Champions League with Juventus he's an absolute hero there and will have all the stats and trophies. Nobody won it more times, nobody has won it with more teams, scored the most goals etc; etc; Good time to leave Madrid too on the back of three straight CL titles and still averaging over a goal a game there.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Dunno. I don't want another primadonna on astronomical wages who will only make others in our team want to earn more aswell.

I think I'd rather have Hazard + a top striker instead of just Neymar.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Feels like I'm reading Florentino's diary :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Dunno. I don't want another primadonna on astronomical wages who will only make others in our team want to earn more aswell.

I think I'd rather have Hazard + a top striker instead of just Neymar.
Not sure if Real fans would be happy with Hazard and his disappearing acts.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Don‘t believe it will happen.

But if it does, is that Juventus as favourites for next years CL?

Perrin
Cancelo Benatia Chiellini Sandro
Can Pjanic
Costa Dybala Ronaldo
Higuain

Looks mighty fine. Maybe Benatia, Higuain and Can not good enough compared to Barca/Real. Though it remains to be seen how Real would replace him. They need a CF more than a winger. Isco will play much for sure and Bale has redeemed himself. They need goals from the center.

Eddy_JukeZ

Don‘t believe it will happen.

But if it does, is that Juventus as favourites for next years CL?

Perrin
Cancelo Benatia Chiellini Sandro
Can Pjanic
Costa Dybala Ronaldo
Higuain

Looks mighty fine. Maybe Benatia, Higuain and Can not good enough compared to Barca/Real. Though it remains to be seen how Real would replace him. They need a CF more than a winger. Isco will play much for sure and Bale has redeemed himself. They need goals from the center.
I'm pretty sure Higuain is a goner.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I'm pretty sure Higuain is a goner.
His agent said just this week that there are no talks with Chelsea and he wants to respect his contract with Juventus. He also said it would be great to see Ronaldo and Higuain playing together again.

That ended all speculation about Higuain leaving.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
He'll single handedly win us the league and get us into CL winning contention.
That's the problem - he won't. He didn't do that for Madrid either - not even close.

You dream too big. One of many good reasons why he shoulnd't make the move back and try something new with less pressure like at Juve. He's 34 soon ffs.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
He did though. Especially in 2017.
I don't know about La Liga but in CL he certainly didn't as i have watched the quarter finals very closely. And to talk about 'single handedly' if you have a team full of pure world class behind you (Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo etc.) which are all working for you is ridiculous. If this was the case, why he didn't make Portgual a world champion - single handedly, back to back etc.?

Green_Red

If the rumours are true he would be better off going to Juve than coming here. The intensity of the Premier League would not prolong his career as much as the Italian game would.

Unless we could get him for half the money I think there are more important areas in our squad that need that investment.

Eddy_JukeZ

His agent said just this week that there are no talks with Chelsea and he wants to respect his contract with Juventus. He also said it would be great to see Ronaldo and Higuain playing together again.

That ended all speculation about Higuain leaving.
Ignores the Juventus side of things.

MrEleson

I don't know about La Liga but in CL he certainly didn't as i have watched the quarter finals very closely. And to talk about 'single handedly' if you have a team full of pure world class behind you (Modric, Kroos, Ramos, Marcelo etc.) which are all working for you is ridiculous. If this was the case, why he didn't make Portgual a world champion - single handedly, back to back etc.?
Those pure World Class players were nowhere to be seen when the team faltered at the hands of Wolfsburg 2-0 in the 1st leg of the 2016 CL quarter finals. It was Ronaldo who carried them on his shoulders to overturn the deficit by scoring a hat-trick in the 2nd leg to put his team through to the semis. No Ronaldo and the team is most likely out at that very point.

In 2016/17 the team went down early to Bayern in the 1st leg at the very same stage of the competition and were being completely outplayed and overrun on the park. Up steps Ronaldo against the run of play to make it 1-1 and shock Bayern with an excellent finish on the volley. He then gets Javi Martinez 2 bookings in the space of 10 mins to get him sent off after some smart dribbling play. Bayern are then reduced to 10 men and only then do Modric and Kroos start playing. And ofcourse, Ronaldo steps up and scores the winner giving his team a golden advantage going into the next round. Don't think many players other than Ronaldo would have been capable of turning a match on it's head so swiftly. Ofcourse, in the return leg he scores a hat-trick and in the very next round against Atleti scores another hat-trick (only 3 goals of the game).

Was one of the main reasons Madrid were able to win La Liga in 2012. Was also pivotal in the run-in for La Liga in 2017 with crucial goals against Sevilla (home); Celta & Malaga (both away).

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
That's the problem - he won't. He didn't do that for Madrid either - not even close.

You dream too big. One of many good reasons why he shoulnd't make the move back and try something new with less pressure like at Juve. He's 34 soon ffs.
No.

This is Ronaldo we're talking about. He did do it for Madrid. You must be forgetting how he owned the Champions League. Do you recall in 2017 how he had the toughest road to the final and was scoring against the best of defences for fun?

These rules don't apply to Ronaldo.

Giggs86

Couple of seasons with Juve, then another couple in the MLS. Surely will get to represent Portugal in 2020 and 2022. Not a bad ending to his career, silverware with Juve is almost a certainty. The big question is will he be able to carry Juve to CL glory? I think no way.

Neo_Mufc

Guillem Balague stated that Mendez did ask Man Utd if they wanted Ronaldo but we declined. Make of that what you will.

If he does go it's sad that money is a factor in his decision. He's at one of the best clubs in the world.

I still think he's staying put. Real can't afford to lose him.

trafford1980

Guillem Balague stated that Mendez did ask Man Utd if they wanted Ronaldo but we declined. Make of that what you will.

If he does go it's sad that money is a factor in his decision. He's at one of the best clubs in the world.

I still think he's staying put. Real can't afford to lose him.
Good. I may be in the minority here but I hope we don’t even entertain the idea of signing him.

He won’t play wide-right, and I’ll be damned if I want to relegate Lukaku to the bench.

We created an in-balance signing Alexis Sanchez, why the hell would we double-down on this with Ronaldo.

I’d rather we use the 100 mill to boost Martial’s contract and sign potential for the right-side.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Good. I may be in the minority here but I hope we don’t even entertain the idea of signing him.

He won’t play wide-right, and I’ll be damned if I want to relegate Lukaku to the bench.

We created an in-balance signing Alexis Sanchez, why the hell would we double-down on this with Ronaldo.

I’d rather we use the 100 mill to boost Martial’s contract and sign potential for the right-side.
Adding Ronaldo would virtually guarantee the league and going deep into the CL (potentially winning it).

Moonred

Shortsighted for us. Good if we aren’t in for him. Decent for Juve and Série A and the desperation for CL, however if they end up selling Dybala or something, that will be very strange.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Adding Ronaldo would virtually guarantee the league and going deep into the CL (potentially winning it).
No player in the world guarantees anything, if you think Ronaldo guarantees a league title how did Madrid finish 17 points behind Barcelona this season?

Signing Ronaldo would make no sense for United and it would make no sense for Ronaldo to go to United at this stage of his career.

Zeki Zico

Yes.

And we aren’t passing on him because of Lee Grant.
I doubt Madrid would let him go so easily if he truly was the best player in the world.

Besides that, you clearly didn't grasp the point I was making.

Patrick08

No player in the world guarantees anything, if you think Ronaldo guarantees a league title how did Madrid finish 17 points behind Barcelona this season?

Signing Ronaldo would make no sense for United and it would make no sense for Ronaldo to go to United at this stage of his career.
It's because Madrid Defense has been mediocre this season and not Ronaldo's below average performances. If you add someone as ruthless as Ronaldo in your attack you are bound to improve.

MrEleson

Madrid most likely don't wanna give into his wage demands due to age which is sort've reasonable. Although, you could argue that should be thrown out of the window since he IS Ronaldo and still operating at a very high level. If he was still 27, I'm sure Madrid would match Messi's wages without 2nd thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.