Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

So with him not playing ever again for us where do you rank the Ronaldo of 2022/2023 for Utd?

I think this seasons Ronaldo might be the worst striker I've ever seen at Utd.

His passing was terrible, he was getting muscled off the ball by every defender he came up against, he was slow, constantly offside because he couldn't be arsed to get back onside, he didn't press, and his finishing was absolutely fecking appalling.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
the only “?” Was maybe ETH but as explained yesterday that looks like it has some foundations behind it
From what I remember yesterday you were pushing the idea that Ronaldo’s issue with ten Hag is related to the question of his daughter’s health. But Ronaldo doesn’t seem to have mentioned ten Hag in that context, not in the excerpts of the interview released so far. Ronaldo only mentioned “the directors and President” as having doubts. So just what is it you think his issue with ten Hag is?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I’m not starting any debate, y’all keep bringing up trump when hilariously their is a worse guy in office
Biden's better than Trump?

That provides some good context for your post some tens of pages ago where you basically said that people disagreeing with you aren't being objective.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Because I generally like @SportingCP96 but on this topic, he needs to stop being silly. It's not a case of liking or not liking Ronaldo, it's not about him being a villain or a hero. He badly lied.
I respect you for that comment, I have nothing against you.

We just have different views here.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The whole page is

“Cnut” “liar” “narcissist “ “he’s wrong “ and naturally from fans who are upset about a player calling out their club and manager.

That alone makes those views far from objective
Ignoring everything else, you have zero issue with a player publicly calling out a manager, walking away down the tunnel before the fulltime whistle and a few other of his recent behaviors? Like zero issue with Ronaldo and/or his professionalism?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So with him not playing ever again for us where do you rank the Ronaldo of 2022/2023 for Utd?

His passing was terrible, he was getting muscled off the ball by every defender he came up against, he was slow, constantly offside because he couldn't be arsed to get back onside, he didn't press, and his finishing was absolutely fecking appalling.
I put him next to Ighalo, not totally bad but not good and generally not a good fit.

Marwood

The whole page is

“Cnut” “liar” “narcissist “ “he’s wrong “ and naturally from fans who are upset about a player calling out their club and manager.

Are you objective?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Because I generally like @SportingCP96 but on this topic, he needs to stop being silly. It's not a case of liking or not liking Ronaldo, it's not about him being a villain or a hero. He badly lied.
Yeah i get that. I haven't conversed with him much but he always came across well in other threads and enjoyed his sporting updates around talents etc. but there's no reasoning with him or any other person who clearly sees absolutely nothing wrong with what ronaldo said or did, outside of "the timing" (and i'm sure the timing isn't even about united, but more around the NT and the world cup).

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ignoring everything else, you have zero issue with a player publicly calling out a manager, walking away down the tunnel before the fulltime whistle and a few other of his recent behaviors? Like zero issue with Ronaldo and/or his professionalism?
I never said anything about him walking down the tunnel.

That was wrong regardless of what issues he has with the coach.

always_hoping

Bebé bad.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Should have know you'd be a trumpet.
I mean he posted this yesterday as a retort to the allegations against CR.

I skimmed over though your talking about the “rape allegations” the ones that came out 10+ years after to try and get a check out of a global star?
That right out of the School of "Grab them by the Pussy", I'm surprised it slid by without much comment to be honest.

Fully Fledged

That’s YOUR opinion that they are blatant lies, other have another opinion. Rightful so.

So far everything said was true the only “?” Was maybe ETH but as explained yesterday that looks like it has some foundations behind it but I’m not going to get into another tedious debate over it cause we already had this convo yesterday.
He literally said that Man Utd didn't believe him that his daughter was ill and when asked to clarify that they had said they didn't believe him he said that they said they believed me but I could tell they didn't.
How is it true that Man Utd didn't believe him if he later admits they said they did.
Secondly he said he is better looking than Rooney and we all know that's not true.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This is fans wanting that to be the case more then anything.

Bruno has already come out and commented on the “drama” between him and CR7 which he unsurprisingly confirmed is non existent.
Don’t think he’ll be happy with him coming out attacking the club though. Same with a lot of players, they’ll be thinking what a cry baby he is.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The whole page is

He's 100% a narc though.

Take the Lukaku interview a year ago, and take it from a 4 in intensity, make it extra toxic then take it all the way to a 9/10 on the scale. That's this interview.

Sorry that your academy player its a massive twat.

As an Athlete he was at the very top, second to only Messi who is much more likeable and humble.

As a person though... he throws everyone under the bus to get his own way, former teammates at Real, and United. Now the United board and ETH.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Top of the cnut charts.
Well done him

always_hoping

How anyone backs Trump is beyond me :lol:
America filled with stupid and easily brain washed people. The only ones i see really backing Ronaldo now is a few from Portugal (some what Understandable they love one of greatest ever players) and fanboys from Africa on social media

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He literally said that Man Utd didn't believe him that his daughter was ill and when asked to clarify that they had said they didn't believe him he said that they said they believed me but I could tell they didn't.
How is it true that Man Utd didn't believe him if he later admits they said they did.
Secondly he said he is better looking than Rooney and we all know that's not true.
:lol:

I'll be honest, it genuinely crossed my mind. Rooney has the "Hollywood unlikely playboy" look.

MrEleson

Mature from Rooney. Although tbh his legacy has probably increased from all this. Fans appreciate him more.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Mature from Rooney. Although tbh his legacy has probably increased from all this. Fans appreciate him more.
Still a dick to grab someone from the back of their neck like that, it's abusive behaviour really.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Do you follow anything other than Ronaldo-channels?
If he's not paid for it then I kind of feel sorry for him.

He's a great PR man so he should be getting compensated for the hours of work he puts into it.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
If this isn't gross misconduct and/or making disparaging remarks about the club than what is? Does he have to call ETH the ant-christ and say that the Glazers eat children? I'm confident that the club will reach out to him to mutually terminate the contract and he walks without any severance, or they will just consider his conduct a breach and kick him out. The PR will be mild however, because it's generally better to keep things fairly neutral in the long term.
I'm certain they're just waiting for the whole interview to air before they act.
I think it is important the club act decisively and indeed are seen to be acting decisively - that way it sends the message: they back the manager and won't let even a GOAT be disrespectful to him because ETH is the future and Ronaldo is the past.

It would also be good to hear from Sir Alex Ferguson at this time, something along the lines of "nobody is bigger than the club", but I bet we don't.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
Yes, some of his best pressing right there and the media will still ignore this and talk about how poor he is in that aspect. Literally gave Cancelo no room to breathe for a few seconds. No wonder the wax king feels disrespected.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
His legacy has increased because he criticized Ronaldo and Ronaldo acted like a bitchboy? Remind yourself who is the all-time leading scorer of Manchester United?

Status
Not open for further replies.