Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
I don't really understand your question.

My take on Ronaldo's public interview (which he was not authorized to do by the club as far as we are aware): it is damaging and/or disrespectful to the United fanbase (the client), his employer, and his boss. In most workplaces he would be fired with cause, or at the very least exited from the company.

I also think he has miscalculated severely. I have been reading/listening to some of the global media surrounding this incident and it is broadly critical of Ronaldo. I think he is burning bridges with more than just Manchester United - as well as damaging his own reputation.

Time will tell.
I took the liberty to jump at you because I've read many posts of yours over time that transmitted a sound understanding or interpreting of all things United. (How did that go down? Sucker!) So, thank you.

It was late and I was having a hard time typing your effing language with my right index into this keyboard that's been designed for midgets while browsing the dict with my left index. Should have paid more attention with Mrs. Klein, or have smaller fingers, really. Anyway:

- This take - "unauthorized, damaging, miscalculation" - is what dominates these days, so one wonders if the clubs networks and narrative designers are at work here. Albeit a heretic one, I liked to ask the question of authorship. Probably not very smart, but there you go.

- After the initial lets all jump the bash train here on this site, a number of users (don't think they're fanboys) have started to point out that part of what Ronnie says is actually worth hearing (regardless of how big of a cnut Morgan is). It is not unthinkable that the judgements continue to shift within the fan base, probably not into absolution, but fellowship perhaps. Keane like. A bit smarter, right?

- Ronnie gets the shitstorm mainly for firing against Ten Hag, a coach that everybody hopes will have an impact (hey podcast guys) and who shall turn around the decrease. Since the outcome of said interview was exactly so predictable, engineerable, it is not a stupid thing to suspect that it was being done on purpose to help Erik. Just so happens to look the opposite to fans, but so what.

That is what was hidden behind my cryptic entry. Forgive my faults when you see any, please, but do not hesitate to point out that I'm far away from everything, or to correct me. At your leisure!

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins
Hell the fallout from this Ronaldo interview is something to see. Why? can't people handle the truth anymore? The only thing I see is Ronaldo slightly overstepping the
the line was disrespecting the coach (but after the Spurs game maybe I can even give him that one)other than that what has upset you so much that the best player to
ever play for United being taken to the cleaners?

Are the things that he Ronaldo has not brought up all the truth, he has personally seen the good the bad, and the dam right ugly at United but when he opens up about it
people throw their toys out of the cot.

Viva Ronaldo for telling the Truth looks like the new Generation can't handle the Truth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Thank God that abomination of a thread was locked.
Imagine a fan saying a player telling the entire world after walking off that he doesn't respect the coach is "slightly overstepping".
Can't wait for this poisonous cretin ti feck off.

Adisa

Hell the fallout from this Ronaldo interview is something to see. Why? can't people handle the truth anymore? The only thing I see is Ronaldo slightly overstepping the
the line was disrespecting the coach (but after the Spurs game maybe I can even give him that one)other than that what has upset you so much that the best player to

Are the things that he Ronaldo has not brought up all the truth, he has personally seen the good the bad, and the dam right ugly at United but when he opens up about it

Viva Ronaldo for telling the Truth looks like the new Generation can't handle the Truth.
Seriously?

Ibi Dreams

I love your Poll very impartial not many options there except that he is a cnut, a big cnut, or always been a cnut and some stupid comment about getting begged.
What about adding told the truth?
Invalid answer

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Imagine a fan saying a player telling the entire world after walking off that he doesn't respect the coach is "slightly overstepping".
As if you aren't slightly overstepping.

Some fans remember goals Ronnie scored and matches he decided when other fans weren't even born yet.

prateik

What a colossal cnut. he'll have a stinker of a WC and his career is over..
Can he legally go to the MLS? if not, he really doesnt have anywhere to go.. maybe the middle east.. who would want him?

SAred

That was a power play nothing more why in gods name would the coach feels it needed to bring Ronaldo on with 2 minutes left to play christ he had options.
This is the same coach that said he did not want to bring Ronaldo on for the City match. But I did say I did not agree too much about what he said about Erik but what else has Ronaldo said about the way he sees the club being run not being the truth and rattled your cages?

Marcus

It's all a PR exercise to protect his brand after his ego couldn't handle ETH treating him on merit. And on merit he's a bench player.

Hopefully the club can see through the bullshit and take strict action.
I think this is probably the truth of the matter.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The next thing will be the clubs response. But to think that a club will want to buy him in winter is probably a dream at this stage

Adisa

That was a power play nothing more why in gods name would the coach feels it needed to bring Ronaldo on with 2 minutes left to play christ he had options.
This is the same coach that said he did not want to bring Ronaldo on for the City match. But I did say I did not agree too much about what he said about Erik but what else has Ronaldo said about the way he sees the club being run not being the truth and rattled your cages?
I was half thinking you were wunming but seems you are serious.
We were being humiliated by our rivals. We had a player on the bench that needed minutes. Can't you see the logic?
The rest of the interview is self serving bullshit from a player that cannot handle not being a starter for the first time in his career. Why didn't he discuss those issues last season?
I think you are a lost cause.
Can't wait till he fecks off.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The next thing will be the clubs response. But to think that a club will want to buy him in winter is probably a dream at this stage
If a club is willing to take him for lower wages he's probably going to angle for us to bear the differential. I think we need to dig our heels in on this one. He's trying to PR the club into giving in (aside from trying to protect his bruised ego and image) and I hope we don't.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If a club is willing to take him for lower wages he's probably going to angle for us to bear the differential. I think we need to dig our heels in on this one. He's trying to PR the club into giving in (aside from trying to protect his bruised ego and image) and I hope we don't.
Definitely what it feels like. Just weird that he can't see the reputational damage this causes for him as well

SAred

I was half thinking you were wunming but seems you are serious.
We were being humiliated by our rivals. We had a player on the bench that needed minutes. Can't you see the logic?
The rest of the interview is self serving bullshit from a player that cannot handle not being a starter for the first time in his career. Why didn't he discuss those issues last season?
I think you are a lost cause.
Can't wait till he fecks off.
Last season the tell is to the press lot our Jessie mentioned that some of the new generation did not like Ronaldo and not to mention Ralf and his new run a lot training regime. So he does not want to bring Ronaldo on against City but want to throw him on for the last 2 minutes against Spurs double seems odd and even more strange was that a few games later Ronaldo is made Captain. Confused yep so I'm I.

amolbhatia50k

Definitely what it feels like. Just weird that he can't see the reputational damage this causes for him as well
His stark mad insta-fans will rally around him I don't think he realizes in how poor a light he comes across to everyone else. Like I said it's important the club stand firm and don't react based purely on social media trends but also on principle, as ETH in his management of the team.

Greck

Why couldn't he bring Ronaldo on for the last 2 minutes? If CR hadn't tantrumed it wouldn't even have crossed your mind that it was disrespectful. Also the right thing to do is come on and hold his reservations till after the game. Walking out was just idiotic. Maybe he thought it was more important to protect his career goal to game ratio. Despite all that ETH even tried to appease him the next week with the captaincy and two full starts. He's just an impossible player to manage. Backup level striker with Balon d'or importance.

Adisa

Last season the tell is to the press lot our Jessie mentioned that some of the new generation did not like Ronaldo and not to mention Ralf and his new run a lot training regime. So he does not want to bring Ronaldo on against City but want to throw him on for the last 2 minutes against Spurs double seems odd and even more strange was that a few games later Ronaldo is made Captain. Confused yep so I'm I.
Like I said, you're a lost cause. I really don't know what else to say.

amolbhatia50k

There's nothing confusing about that Greame. Bringing someone on during an utterly humiliating evening for the team is very different from a regular game / brilliant night at OT. Besides who cares? Managers bring players on and off all the time as they see fit. It's the fact that you / Ronaldo take those as a personal insult which creates the imaginary issue. Only then is the captaincy thing a 'problem' which it is obviously not.

Zippycup

The younger generation thing is very true. I watched that save my squad with David Beckham thing on Disney plus and I noticed the kids were more excited by how many Instagram followers becks had and what car he was driving. They want to be famous more than they do play football. The reason they want to play football is because of the money and fame. Sad
You've just described Ronaldo

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He probably doesn't care. And time heals as well. Go read Rooney's end of career threads in here that just full of vile words. Now he's a proper true legend. So yeh..

SAred

Why couldn't he bring Ronaldo on for the last 2 minutes? If CR hadn't tantrumed it wouldn't even have crossed your mind that it was disrespectful. Also the right thing to do is come on and hold his reservations till after the game. Walking out was just idiotic. Maybe he thought it was more important to protect his career goal to game ratio. Despite all that ETH even tried to appease him the next week with the captaincy and two full starts. He's just an impossible player to manage. Backup level striker with Balon d'or importance.
So we are talking about those 2 minutes and I even said that I did think in all the things Ronaldo said that I thought disrespecting the coach was not
the best thing to say however the rest of what he says is nothing but the truth, What has upset the fans so much when he mentions the new Generation, what has upset the fans when he talks about Ralf, talks about the Glazers about the stadium etc why are you so upset when Ronaldo is telling it like it is.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
He probably doesn't care. And time heals as well. Go read Rooney's end of career threads in here that just full of vile words. Now he's a proper true legend. So yeh..
Rooney wasn't so ridiculously focused on people's perception of him, though. Of course he'll feel in the right here, but surely even his most loyal advisers would've told him that this isn't the PR clean sweep he thinks it is.

Even if he was right with everything he says, arranging an interview with a lot of fanfare about it is a terrible idea.

SAred

:lol: I just saw the thread he created
It's all a PR exercise to protect his brand after his ego couldn't handle ETH treating him on merit. And on merit he's a bench player.

Thats funny because 2 games after the Spurs game again he played full 90 minutes and was made Captain. So is he a bench player or Captain?

Foxbatt

Where do these idiots crawl under from? Different opposition and injury forces managers to play different teams? Is now Lindelof a regular now?
He made Ronaldo captain for the match because Bruno and Maguire didn't play. People are really stupid or wumming here.

SAred

There's nothing confusing about that Greame. Bringing someone on during an utterly humiliating evening for the team is very different from a regular game / brilliant night at OT. Besides who cares? Managers bring players on and off all the time as they see fit. It's the fact that you / Ronaldo take those as a personal insult which creates the imaginary issue. Only then is the captaincy thing a 'problem' which it is obviously not.
How pathetic that we cant play Ronaldo against City do you think Ronaldo who was schooled by the best street fighters around would want to sit on the bench? Ronaldo would want to get into the trenches and fight. Then he feels he is good enough for a 2-minute cameo oh then he became Captain confused so I'm I.

SAred

Where do these idiots crawl under from? Different opposition and injury forces managers to play different teams? Is now Lindelof a regular now?
He made Ronaldo captain for the match because Bruno and Maguire didn't play. People are really stupid or wumming here.
[/

So making him Captain for a player that wanted to leave and not 3 games before insulting him by not coming on. Come on there where options that day David was one of them.

Foxbatt

How pathetic that we cant play Ronaldo against City do you think Ronaldo who was schooled by the best street fighters around would want to sit on the bench? Ronaldo would want to get into the trenches and fight. Then he feels he is good enough for a 2-minute cameo oh then he became Captain confused so I'm I.
It's not what Ronaldo wants . It's what the manager thinks is the best for HIS team. This is not Ronaldo FC.

amolbhatia50k

Thats funny because 2 games after the Spurs game again he played full 90 minutes and was made Captain. So is he a bench player or Captain?
Both. He's a squad player (they do play 90 minutes as they're part of the squad you know) and he's a senior player (hence logically can be captain if others aren't available). Isn't Maguire the actual captain and also a squad player?

You seem really confused by this concept.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Rooney wasn't so ridiculously focused on people's perception of him, though. Of course he'll feel in the right here, but surely even his most loyal advisers would've told him that this isn't the PR clean sweep he thinks it is.

Even if he was right with everything he says, arranging an interview with a lot of fanfare about it is a terrible idea.
100% agreed, bud. This is the sort of interview that best should be done after he retired. Then he maybe maybe can freely talk about his former coaches, teammates, and Clubs.

And it's not like he's been treated unfairly during his time here. ETH has been very fair while being super supportive to him, and his teammates seem to adore him, too. It seems like if it's all about money, it doesn't make sense much also. So I don't understand what's going on, or what through his mind all this time.

Last edited:

Greck

So we are talking about those 2 minutes and I even said that I did think in all the things Ronaldo said that I thought disrespecting the coach was not
the best thing to say however the rest of what he says is nothing but the truth, What has upset the fans so much when he mentions the new Generation, what has upset the fans when he talks about Ralf, talks about the Glazers about the stadium etc why are you so upset when Ronaldo is telling it like it is.
Now you're just misreading the backlash on purpose. I'll leave you to wrestle that strawman on your own.

Zippycup

A power play? Asking a player to come onto the pitch is now a power play? Bloody hell. Is there no lengths people will go to defend Ronaldo?

Foxbatt

I wish Ronaldo and his fans would feck off. Anyone who supports a player over the club should feck off. Especially after we get a top coach like ETH.

sepulturite

Good lord, you have got to be kidding me :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.