Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
City would not be stupid enough to sign him and if they did Pep would not play him. They might have done it to wind United fans up that is all. Then he would be spitting his dummy out and causing them loads of hassle. Actually wish he had gone there.
See that’s just assuming again Pep wasn’t interested when in that summer City were found to be interested in him in the papers.

Remember the geese

It looks like your stalls were already set out before watching any of the interview.
Well duh. The very nature of there being an interview at all is a disgrace! People trying to analyse it and trying to defend him are completely missing the point. It simply shouldn't exist in the first place.

fezzerUTD

Its naive from Ronaldo and Piers thinking people are so fkn stupid that we cant see right through it. Thats why its a car wreck. They thought they could script it and manipulate the story and come out of it the hero's. But people are not as stupid as they think they are.
That wasn’t the point. And I don’t agree about Morgan he’s not that dumb, he’s just a suck up grifter.

Foxbatt

It was alright for Roy Keane when he did it in 2004 with Mick Mc Carthey. We haven’t even seen that part of the interview yet but you are willing to call him all those names, actually makes you look a little immature.
Roy Keane was rightly sacked from the WC squad and sent home.

LordSpud

Interested to see how hard he goes in on Ten Hag. The Glazers part I'm not so bothered about, every man and his dog knows they are shite owners but also I believe Ronaldo doesnt even name drop them which for me takes it away. If he came out and said "the Glazers are poor owners, only care about money, Richard Arnold and John Murtough are useless" then its a bit more eye opening. Much like last nights I think we've probably seen the real "bombshell" moments regarding the ownership.

No, for me its Ten Hag we need to be careful about. This is a man who could put us back on track. He's only been here a few months but has overhauled most things. If Ronaldo really hammers him then the club really need to be terminating the contract, like, yesterday. Any pondering about it just completely undermines Ten Hag which could be a bad move.

Deery

Dreary
Well duh. The very nature of there being an interview at all is a disgrace! People trying to analyse it and trying to defend him are completely missing the point. It simply shouldn't exist in the first place.
We’ve being wanting to know for years why the club hasn’t been performing at elite levels then when an elite (or former) elite comes out and gives a few examples he’s a cnut.

No doubt Ronaldo is looking out and at 37 probably doesn’t have much time left to incorporate a new playing style but you gotta ask yourself how has the relationship become so toxic?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What about Beckham with the green and yellow scarf?
Context, Beckham isn't a current player struggling for form and being kept on the bench so you can be sure that if he displays his opinion against the Glazers, it's actually genuine. That's the main difference. Ronaldo wouldn't have made this ITW if he was played regularly by ETH

fezzerUTD

Its naive from Ronaldo and Piers thinking people are so fkn stupid that we cant see right through it. Thats why its a car wreck. They thought they could script it and manipulate the story and come out of it the hero's. But people are not as stupid as they think they are.
I replied to this.

Brophs

The One and Only
We’ve being wanting to know for years why the club hasn’t been performing at elite levels then when an elite (or former) elite comes out and gives a few examples he’s a cnut.

No doubt Ronaldo is looking out and at 37 probably doesn’t have much time left to incorporate a new playing style but you gotta ask yourself how has the relationship become so toxic?
Because he’s looking for people to blame for not being in the team or scoring goals. This isn’t complicated.

EtH

Ten Hag dropped him because he’s shit now. But CR37 still thinks he’s Superman.

That’s how it got toxic. It isn’t rocket science.

UpWithRivers

Oh he gave deep insights. The Jacuzzi and gym are not updated and the club hasnt changed. Deep I tell you. My mind is blown and how the club kept this a secret for so long is so deep state. Who knew!

HookedOnAPhelan

I don't condone violence, but someone needs to beat the piss out of Piers Morgan.

It really annoys me when insufferable, shameless, ass-kissing dickheads succeed at anything.

ChippyTea

You see you’re just assuming he doesn’t care, like a lot of takes on here that aren’t necessarily true.

Ronaldo believing he cares about the club, and also being completely out of order when trashing a manager 5 months into the job and only saying he respects about 2/3 members of the squad, are not mutually exclusive ideas.

I'm sure Neville, Scholes and Keane also insist they care about the club, but a lot of criticism they have spouted over the years has been more damaging the beneficial.

Revaulx

I think the issue is that there are 2 schools of thought with football:

Traditionalists (for lack of a better word)
One that Ronaldo / Ole and then some well accomplished managers like Zidane + Ancelotti + Allegri + Mourinho would belong to

^ Ronaldo had the fortune of always playing for these types up until Rangnick. This is down to finding a system that works for great individual players to get results. Piers Morgan I think only see's football this way which is why he actually reckons Ronaldo works at Arsenal. In the most extreme cases, they don't see football played any other way (Ole when he famously said "it's not all about tactics but desire etc." or staunch Ronaldo defenders who point to his individual goals and refute team statistics).

These types view football where the best individual players on the pitch should win the games, it's up to the manager to find a solution that works for them. And certain managers have been of this ilk with success. But I think its a dying breed because of the more modern school of thought.

Revolutionists
Your tiki-taka Peps, or Gegenpress Klopps, Ten Hag's hybrid of the two etc.

These guys have some differences but a consistency in their systems is workrate + press. They don't believe in catering for an individual unless they make the collective better, i.e. the player fits in the system and not the other way round.

This type is more successful in the modern game for me - you take the previous CL Finalists and winners - it's Real yes, but then Liverpool/Chelsea and as much as I hate to say it, Pep has a great chance to win it for City this year.

Problem is, the traditionalists refuse to accept this concept, and when the GOAT happens to be a traditionalist narcassist, clashing with a revolutionist manager, it's not a surprise this is happening.
Good post. Surprisingly objective and emotionless for the Caf, which makes a refreshing change.

I note from your post a bit further down that it took you a while to write. Wouldn’t it be nice if others did likewise now and then.

Deery

Dreary
Context, Beckham isn't a current player struggling for form and being kept on the bench so you can be sure that if he displays his opinion against the Glazers, it's actually genuine. That's the main difference. Ronaldo wouldn't have made this ITW if he was played regularly by ETH
Beckham was one of the most popular men in the world at the time as Ronaldo is now and was taking a pot shot at the Glazers itself is quite similar and Beckham was loved for it, I think for many the just don’t like Ronaldo first most above anything.

Ronaldo was playing regularly and given the captaincy by ETH recently.

Djemba-Djemba

Beckham was one of the most popular men in the world at the time as Ronaldo is now and was taking a pot shot at the Glazers itself is quite similar and Beckham was loved for it, I think for many the just don’t like Ronaldo first most above anything.

Beckham wasn't even playing for Utd at the time for feck sake and it wasn't done in an interview with Piers fecking Morgan where he was also slagging off the manager. It's not quite similar at all.

You're embarrassing yourself in this thread.

Idxomer

And because Ten Hag made him the default striker choice for the Europa League while benching him in the league.

As it turned out, his level now isn't high enough for the Europa League.

Deery

Dreary
Oh he gave deep insights. The Jacuzzi and gym are not updated and the club hasnt changed. Deep I tell you. My mind is blown and how the club kept this a secret for so long is so deep state. Who knew!
He said the technology whatever that means and blamed higher ups for not wanting to progress the club as well as training facilities.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't condone violence, but someone needs to beat the piss out of Piers Morgan.

It really annoys me when insufferable, shameless, ass-kissing dickheads succeed at anything.
That's why Jeremy Clarkson is a national treasure

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
What about Beckham with the green and yellow scarf?
He just picked up a scarf? And he wasn’t playing for us at the time.

Tbh I can hardly think of anything less equatable than a member of our current playing staff, whose not been playing well, who missed pre-season, tried to force a move, left the ground early in his first game back, refused to be brought on as a substitute and then left the ground early again… despite still having a manager that constantly tried to play it all down, reintegrate him into the team whenever he could be (apart from against really good pressing sides who’d kill us with a 40yo up front) and even made him captain last week, all in aid of 2 non penalty goals in 16 appearances … to come out and say he doesn’t respect the manager, that the club are miles behind being a top team, that all the youth players are shit these days because they don’t learn from him, and that any old team mates who’ve made mild, largely tactical criticisms of him are ugly and jealous - IN THE MIDDLE OF THE feckING SEASON!! - then has the gall to say he’s “setting an example” or doing it for the fans because he’s mildly touched upon some of the same issues we’ve had for decades!!??

Nah mate. Not the same as picking up a fecking scarf on your way down the tunnel.

Withnail

It was alright for Roy Keane when he did it in 2004 with Mick Mc Carthey. We haven’t even seen that part of the interview yet but you are willing to call him all those names, actually makes you look a little immature.
Well, there was no added context in last night's interview which changed the tone of what he said so I don't expect there to be any additional context that makes any of the rest of his comments ok either.

It wasn't alright when Keane did it. He shouldn't have done that interview and there was never going to be a way back from that. Keane should have kept his mouth shut and his head down for the good of the team but his ego/dislike of McCarthy got the better of him. I also suspect his knee was giving him trouble and he knew he'd struggle.

The fact that you're highlighting some comments about the Glazers that weren't very insightful, or news to anybody, as the reason people are calling him out when it's actually about the comments regarding the young players, the manager, and being thin-skinned over legitimate comments etc is quite strange.

As for name-calling it's an objective fact that the man is a narcissist and doing the interview at this time in a bridge-burning exercise to force a move is quite cowardly and yes I'd describe it as cnuty behaviour. I don't think that's very immature or an overreaction.

UpWithRivers

Deery me. I would suggest you start a I love Ronaldo thread for fan boys. No conversations just post pretty pictures

kouroux

You're really confused. The 2 situations have nothing in common. The 2 persons have nothing in common. Ronaldo is a struggling player and did much more than target the Glazers.
If you can't see the difference then get some help, I'm being honest :lol:
The man called Piers Morgan for this. He looked to burn bridges

Deery

Dreary
Beckham wasn't even playing for Utd at the time for feck sake and it wasn't done in an interview with Piers fecking Morgan where he was also slagging off the manager. It's not quite similar at all.

You're embarrassing yourself in this thread.
Well we can all see his career here is over so he may as well be not employed by the club the reference was to the contrasting opinions on both men.

Remember the geese

Yes he is a cnut. He doesn't give a shit about educating the fans as to why the club have been underperforming. We already know that the Glazer's are scumbags. This interview wasn't a vehicle for that. In fact, calling it an "interview" at all is quite offensive to genuine hard hitting presenters/journalists. Piers Morgan basically spent an hour sucking him off!

The relationship is toxic because the guy is completely deluded and has zero self-awareness. He cannot accept any form of criticism. It's as simple as that.

kouroux

Well we can all see his career here is over so he may as well be not employed by the club the reference was to the contrasting opinions on both men.
The contrasting opinions have their reasons though, people aren't disliking Ronaldo randomly. Can't you see that ??? Is it that hard ???

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When he said he is a model professional, I really wish somebody would ask why he felt it was necessary to slap the phone out of that kids hand :D

kouroux

When he said he is a model professional, I really wish somebody would ask why he felt it was necessary to slap the phone out of that kids hand :D
That's why the whole thing is a joke, nobody really checked him seriously. He probably would have canceled the whole thing immediately

Glorio

If RR is that petulant he is in the wrong job
What do you mean by "if RR is that petulant"? I've not given RR's view here, and he's chosen not to comment anyway. I'm talking about Ronaldo's behaviour and character specifically.

Him being so dismissive of RR in public there and declaring he didn't respect him is telling

Status
Not open for further replies.