Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

I don´t know if i get most worked up about Ronaldos behaviour or the fact that there are United fans, (supposed) that can´t see no wrong at all with it!

Glorio

Where have I said that he doesnt deserve critisism for that? Or that he doesnt deserve to be sacked for it? It was utterly stupid that part
What about what he said about his previous manager RR?

Did you think that was Ok to have that view of his manager at the time, and then to openly discredit him now, just because he didn't think RR's profile was big enough to manage him?

That says a lot about the person that he is.

Glorio

I don´t know if i get most worked up about Ronaldos behaviour or the fact that there are United fans, (supposed) that can´t see no wrong at all with it!
For me, perhaps the word is not "worked up", but the latter is the most concerning for me

you're equating Zidane (even if I always thought him overrated) to Darren Fletcher? not a great look
You could make the same argument with equating Fergie & Souness, one was a miles better player, but at the start of their post careers, no-one knows who’ll be a good manager, CEO (VdS), DoF’s (Overmars?) and who won’t. Lots of great players have turned into utter shite managers.

Plenty of clubs give jobs and titles to past players. Juve had Pirlo, United Ole. Both were shite.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
“So you got the XR3 model with the upgraded titanium chassis and axle system? And you paid extra for the WhisperSoft Velvet lining, with the soft close compartment security system and integrated moisture expulsion module? [Puts one foot on top of the suitcase and his thumb in his belt loop] Yeahhhhhh, she’ll cost you more in the short term but she’ll pay you back in spades over the lifetime of the unit. Long after the price is forgotten, the quality will be remembere——JESUS ARSEING CHRIST. ARE THOSE THE LIMITED EDITION, MONOGRAMMED, LIQUIDISPHERE WHEELS? WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE? DON’T STUTTER AT ME. WHERE? THEY TOLD ME THOSE WEREN’T DROPPING UNTIL Q1 23.”
:lol: :lol:

EtH

“So you got the XR3 model with the upgraded titanium chassis and axle system? And you paid extra for the WhisperSoft Velvet lining, with the soft close compartment security system and integrated moisture expulsion module? [Puts one foot on top of the suitcase and his thumb in his belt loop] Yeahhhhhh, she’ll cost you more in the short term but she’ll pay you back in spades over the lifetime of the unit. Long after the price is forgotten, the quality will be remembere——JESUS ARSEING CHRIST. ARE THOSE THE LIMITED EDITION, MONOGRAMMED, LIQUIDISPHERE WHEELS? WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE? DON’T STUTTER AT ME. WHERE? THEY TOLD ME THOSE WEREN’T DROPPING UNTIL Q1 23.”
:lol:

fezzerUTD

This is a car wreck. Its just Piers spoon feeding Ronaldos ego for sound bites. He doesnt challenge him or question anything just keeps feeding him easy questions
Course it fecking is, Ronaldo called him! He’s not going to fecking annoy him and ruin any ’friendship’ they have is he fs. Naive.

Spoony

The People's President
“So you got the XR3 model with the upgraded titanium chassis and axle system? And you paid extra for the WhisperSoft Velvet lining, with the soft close compartment security system and integrated moisture expulsion module? [Puts one foot on top of the suitcase and his thumb in his belt loop] Yeahhhhhh, she’ll cost you more in the short term but she’ll pay you back in spades over the lifetime of the unit. Long after the price is forgotten, the quality will be remembere——JESUS ARSEING CHRIST. ARE THOSE THE LIMITED EDITION, MONOGRAMMED, LIQUIDISPHERE WHEELS? WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE? DON’T STUTTER AT ME. WHERE? THEY TOLD ME THOSE WEREN’T DROPPING
UNTIL Q1 23.”

:lol:

Real Name

I wish Piers asked about him struggling to score in the EL against minnows. He probably would have stormed out
Yeah, nothing interesting about that interview, he was putting words into his mouth, massaging his ego and was near to lick his arse right there and then. Sure many people watched it but really nothing noteworthy in the long ron imo. Other than Ronaldo burning all the bridges with the club.
On a side note, he looks, acts and talks like a robot. He's one huge human project and now his on the pitch qualities are vaning he's doing stuff like this.

Gordon S

If Ronaldo was scoring 30+goals a season, you'd say it's worth the drama and Circus he brings.

He isn't and won't.

He isn't worth his 500k salary - and you can't even say it's worth keeping him for the merchandise as his fanboys probably hate the club now too.

Just get rid. Cut him loose and let him be somebody elses problems.

We've jumped out of the frying pan with Pogba, into the fire called Ronaldo :lol:
If he were scoring +30 goals a season he wouldn´t be spooning with Piers. He would be in front of the mirror every night, flexing his muscles and thinking about how fecking awesome he is.
There wouldn´t be much drama.
Getting rid asap must be the only solution now. Then again, i thought he burned every damn bridge there is when he refused to play against Spurs..

Andersonson

What about what he said about his previous manager RR?

Did you think that was Ok to have that view of his manager at the time, and then to openly discredit him now, just because he didn't think RR's profile was big enough to manage him?

That says a lot about the person that he is.
If RR is that petulant he is in the wrong job

BorisManUtd

The amount of times Ronaldo said "they" speaking about United, really tells that he's not United player anymore in his mind and wants out as quick as possible. He's ruined his legacy at the club to a large extent and it is sad to see. Combination of huge ego and not exactly great intelligence + him looking terrible on the pitch this season was always gonna result in this kind of interview.

Deery

Dreary
Because most of us realise he's just a self-absorbed cnut.
No, I can never understand his decision to do this interview regardless of his issues with the club. It's indefensible. It's so weird seeing people actually bothering to analyze his interview to see if he makes any good points or not, when that is irrelevant. Also it's so damn braindead.

Imagine accepting every employee going public with their gripes with their boss, CEO and colleagues because the facilities aren't top notch or that they're not treated like employee of the year with people saying "well, good on him for speaking out, he does make some fair points tbh". And then proceed to get offended if the employer take action.
It looks like your stalls were already set out before watching any of the interview.

I find it funny that for years the Caf has been saying everything under the sun about the Glazers and turn the Caf green and yellow but when Ronaldo says it he is instantly a cnut even before what you care to hear.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It looks like your stalls were already set out before watching any of the interview.

I find it funny that for years the Caf has been saying everything under the sun about the Glazers and turn the Caf green and yellow but when Ronaldo says it he is instantly a cnut even before what you care to hear.
Because we all know it doesn't truly matter to him. A man can say a truth but if there a hidden agenda, don't blame people for lapping it up

romufc

Ronaldo.. what a guy.

Has a go at kids for not following him and looking up to him, saying he used to look at Roy Keane etc.. Then goes, he doesn't give advice, prefers to lead by example?

So, petulance? leaving your team mates mid way through a game? Disrespecting the manager? throwing tantrums when you dont play? Not turning up to pre season?

I really hope none of the youngsters follow his example because it shows how act / behave as a professional.

UpWithRivers

Course it fecking is, Ronaldo called him! He’s not going to fecking annoy him and ruin any ’friendship’ they have is he fs. Naive.
Its naive from Ronaldo and Piers thinking people are so fkn stupid that we cant see right through it. Thats why its a car wreck. They thought they could script it and manipulate the story and come out of it the hero's. But people are not as stupid as they think they are.

Deery

Dreary
Because we all know it doesn't truly matter to him. A man can say a truth but if there a hidden agenda, don't blame people for lapping it up
You see you’re just assuming he doesn’t care, like a lot of takes on here that aren’t necessarily true.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

I just don't believe the sentiments about him having a go at the owners. It is PR. He could not give a flying feck about United. All he is interested about is his own legacy and signing here has disrupted it a tad. He is completely self absorbed and in his own little world. He doesn't care what is going on outside it.

vangagal

Its naive from Ronaldo and Piers thinking people are so fkn stupid that we cant see right through it. Thats why its a car wreck. They thought they could script it and manipulate the story and come out of it the hero's. But people are not as stupid as they think they are.
Just in this thread alone, you will find many sounds stupid.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You see you’re just assuming he doesn’t care, like a lot of takes on here that aren’t necessarily true.
Just like you're assuming he does care. I know one thing, if he played well and scored, there is no way he would say all those things we've known for years.
I can't believe someone would be that naive and even dumb tbh

Withnail

He isn't speaking out against the Glazers. Are you so naive that you think that's what this is about?

He's taking potshots at anyone and everyone related to the club to force a move. The fact that he throws in some 'the glazers don't care' comments doesn't absolve him from undermining the manager and what he's trying to achieve. What he's said can only be detrimental to morale and team spirit if he's allowed to hang around so he has to go. We all think he's a thin-skinned narcissistic cnut because that's exactly what he is and he's more than proved that with this whinge-fest. The fact that he went crying to Piers Morgan is the icing on the cake.

UpWithRivers

Because its out of context and only said to manipulate everyone. If I came out publicly and gave you and your family a load of grief and your house needs painting. The fact that your house needs painting is kind of irrelevant. Sure it might even be true. But why am I saying that now and why have I said nothing for years? Because its a point just thrown in there as a further dig and to get people on your side.

Deery

Dreary
I just don't believe the sentiments about him having a go at the owners. It is PR. He could not give a flying feck about United. All he is interested about is his own legacy and signing here has disrupted it a tad. He is completely self absorbed and in his own little world. He doesn't care what is going on outside it.
Though he said he didn’t go to City because Sir Alex asked him and he has United in his heart.

DomesticTadpole

He isn't speaking out against the Glazers. Are you so naive that you think that's what this is about?

He's taking potshots at anyone and everyone related to the club to force a move. The fact that he throws in some 'the glazers don't care' comments doesn't absolve him from undermining the manager and what he's trying to achieve. What he's said can only be detrimental to morale and team spirit if he's allowed to hang around so he has to go. We all think he's a thin-skinned narcissistic cnut because that's exactly what he is and he's more than proved that with this whinge-fest. The fact that he went crying to Piers Morgan is the icing on the cake.
He is annoyed that the team is in the middle of a rebuild with a new manager who is trying to change things. All he wants is a team full of superstars so he can stroll through games, let someone else do all the hard work and pick up loads and loads of nice shiny medals.

DomesticTadpole

Though he said he didn’t go to City because Sir Alex asked him and he has United in his heart.
City would not be stupid enough to sign him and if they did Pep would not play him. They might have done it to wind United fans up that is all. Then he would be spitting his dummy out and causing them loads of hassle. Actually wish he had gone there.

Deery

Dreary

It was alright for Roy Keane when he did it in 2004 with Mick Mc Carthey. We haven’t even seen that part of the interview yet but you are willing to call him all those names, actually makes you look a little immature.

DomesticTadpole

As someone else said I pity his kids. Most dads, even ex footballers would be happy if one of their kids made a living out of football. You could imagine him being really disappointed if his son didn't play for Real Madrid and letting them know it as well. I actually said their son, but he appears to only mention himself regarding his children in that interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.