Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some of the folks keep saying Ronaldo is dumb and hasn’t been advised. That is patently not true. It will not be a straightforward case.
He will argue he is merely saying what others have said re the Glazers.
His attack on the younger players are his opinions only and he said they are a product of the period.
Even his attack on ETH is premised on him being disrespected first.
You can say this is all BS which I agree as his intent is to force an exit, but from a legal standpoint he has defences.
From a legal perspective we will also have enough basis to terminate his contact. One of the world's biggest sporting entities will be well equipped from a level standpoint in this regard. I'm sure we understand the contract we as his employer drafted pretty well.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
What will Ronnie become after he retires?
  1. The most respected pundit
  2. The most respected manager
  3. The most respected movie star
  4. The most respected face of World Cup 2026
  5. The most respected brand mogul

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some of the folks keep saying Ronaldo is dumb and hasn’t been advised. That is patently not true. It will not be a straightforward case.
He will argue he is merely saying what others have said re the Glazers.
His attack on the younger players are his opinions only and he said they are a product of the period.
Even his attack on ETH is premised on him being disrespected first.
You can say this is all BS which I agree as his intent is to force an exit, but from a legal standpoint he has defences.
There is zero chance any of these can stand up in front of a tribunal.

Strootman's Finger

How believable is that though? This is a bit of an unprecedented situation. I know if I went to the press slagging off the company I work for in the press and giving them a load of bad publicity I'd be fired.
But you don't have a finely detailed contract with your employer.

big_jeffstar

Ben Foster said on his Youtube show the other day that there is technically nothing against the rules with slagging off your club or manager in the press. He said only hitting another player will get your contract terminated and basically nothing else.
Ben Foster didn’t even realise he couldn’t film himself playing in net for his YouTube channel.. I don’t even think he knows what day of the week it is tbf. Doesn’t come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer

Strootman's Finger

Ben Foster didn’t even realise he couldn’t film himself playing in net for his YouTube channel.. I don’t even think he knows what day of the week it is tbf. Doesn’t come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer
He was a professional footballer for 20 years, I'm sure he has an idea of things like this. Youtube, and filming himself and all that is new too him, this is what he's done his whole life.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What the hell is the point of this latest "statement"?

"Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.
We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion"

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Imagine he has a stormer of a tournament and they take home the prize

Mas Risky

For me, the only place it has worked consistently is Bayern. I think a few of the other names you mention were brought in by the manager himself or because they had previously had a good working relationship.
What are you talking about? Sport director, technical director, director of football, or whatever we call it these days, is appointed by the club executive, not the manager.

Darren Ferguson, from my knowledge, had never even met ETH (or RR for that matter)...
I don't think so either...

crossy1686

career ending
It's a weird fandom, isn't it, following one player around instead of following a team. A lot of them seem as delusional as he is too, that Ronaldo is immune from ageing and couldn't possibly be close to retirement. If you're enjoyment of football is based around Ronaldo, then your days of watching elite football are on their last legs.
It's been around since the beginning of time, and it's more prevalent in countries that historically don't have great football teams at club or national level. The Swedes for example, follow Zlatan everywhere and support whoever he's playing for, it wouldn't be a stretch to say there's a heavy section of the Portuguese who follow Ronaldo everywhere.

The whole "you can change your job, your wife, and your religion but not your football team" is very much a British thing, I also remember some lads saying they were going to support Madrid when Beckham left us, and they went out and bought the shirt. They were pretty young though.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
From a legal perspective we will also have enough basis to terminate his contact. One of the world's biggest sporting entities will be well equipped from a level standpoint in this regard. I'm sure we understand the contract we as his employer drafted pretty well.
let's hope it's not the same lawyers who sign off on new contracts for guys who should be sold! :devil::angel:

bosskeano

Are we expecting an official statement from the club soon?
they put out a statement...straight from manutd.com

Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.
We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion

captaincantona

A real role model …teaching young kids everywhere that if you get dropped…leave the match early and call piers Morgan.

he has shafted his National team aswell with these distractions. Not a captain.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
they put out a statement...straight from manutd.com

Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.
We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion
not much of a "statement", is it?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
let's hope it's not the same lawyers who sign off on new contracts for guys who should be sold! :devil::angel:
Those are footballing decisions not legal decisions. Lawyers vet / certify documents and offer advise / representation.

RedDevil@84

Not sure why everyone is having a go at that twitter account. It clearly says TeamRonaldo. It is a Ronaldo fan club, not a club's fans. Obviously, they hate anyone whom Ronaldo hates.
Don't you guys remember some posters here claiming that Messi was not draining Barca with his 1.3M pw contract and he gets them 4-5 times that amount by sheer charisma.

crossy1686

career ending
Not sure why everyone is having a go at that twitter account. It clearly says TeamRonaldo. It is a Ronaldo fan club, not a club's fans. Obviously, they hate anyone whom Ronaldo hates.
Don't you guys remember some posters here claiming that Messi was not draining Barca with his 1.3M pw contract and he gets them 4-5 times that amount by sheer charisma.
Today you learned that most of the Caf aren't on Twitter and don't understand it

clarkydaz

A real role model …teaching young kids everywhere that if you get dropped…leave the match early and call piers Morgan.

he has shafted his National team aswell with these distractions. Not a captain.
He mentioned criticism for Portugal recently aswell. It's completely unthinkable to him

Marcus

What the hell is the point of this latest "statement"?

"Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.
We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion"
It is legal speak. It hints that the club is doing something. But does not commit the club to any course of action yet until a legal opinion is rendered on all possible courses of action. Also does not play into Ronaldo's hands that the club wants to get rid of him. Nicely done.

Status
Not open for further replies.