Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank you Piers for expediting Ronaldo's exit. We'd have struggled to offload him otherwise, and he was just stinking the place up both on and off the pitch.

RedDevil@84

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thank you Piers for expediting Ronaldo's exit. We'd have struggled to offload him otherwise, and he was just stinking the place up both on and off the pitch.
Ya terminate Ronaldo's contract and give Piers a ban from OT.

Shark

@NotShark
don’t see what United achieve by sacking Ronaldo. It’s Ronaldo who gets what he wants in that situation. He pretty much mentioned that he played his last game at United.

After the respect comments, ETH should keep him at the club. Keep him in the reserves and let him publicly apologise or stay there till the end of the season.

that’s the worst outcome for Ronaldo and that’s what we should give him.
I'd much rather ETH had the wages freed up to bring in a CF of his own and put Ronaldo and his antics behind him.

Wing Attack Plan R

NOBODY WANTED HIM GRAEME.

NOBODY WANTED HIM

fecking so sick of these professional pundits saying this same old bollocks. We would not have stopped him leaving if there had been an offer.

Did he expect Ten Hag to say 'He's for sale, we don't want him'?

What a bellend. Take your Scouse digs and stuff them up your fecking bollocks. Twat.
I like the cut of your jib, sir, if I could I’d give you a “like” for this.

RedDevil@84

In what accent?! Mandarin?
:lol:
I don't know. The word rats doesn't make any sense in the context. Just trying to find what else the word could be.
I mean it was a different thing if Piers brought up Rooney's critcism and he said "Rooney is a rat". That would be clear, but nothing happened at that point of the interview.

But this was much later in the interview and in the context of what they were talking about when he used the word, it doesn't make any sense to bring a rat into the conversation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't know. The word rats doesn't make any sense in the context. Just trying to find what else the word could be.
I mean it was a different thing if Piers brought up Rooney's critcism and he said "Rooney is a rat". That would be clear, but nothing happened at that point of the interview.

But this was much later in the interview and in the context of what they were talking about when he used the word, it doesn't make any sense to bring a rat into the conversation.
The word is rats and it makes perfect sense. It's a fairly normal use of the word.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Few and far between to be fair.
Well very rarely do you see one this narcissistic imo. And I don't think he's always has yes men around him for 20 years. At United he had plenty of people ensuring he was as grounded as possible. That was 13 years back and I doubtthink he was a different person. His nature is probably just getting exposed now due to the situation.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I won't be surprised if the contract is terminated immediately and sue Ronaldo for thrashing the club's image .

500m lawsuit coming .

RVN1991

Sure, but Ronaldo has zero leverage. His only valid threat is that he can create a bad atmosphere with his whining. Not exactly compelling stuff.
That version of Rooney was 10X the player this version of Ronaldo is.

Spoony

The People's President
Well very rarely do you see one this narcissistic imo. And I don't think he's always has yes men around him for 20 years. At United he had plenty of people ensuring he was as grounded as possible. That was 13 years back and I doubtthink he was a different person. His nature is probably just getting exposed now due to the situation.

He's not the bloke who played at United. This one's Real's leftover.

dave2528

Take note of all the pundits criticising Ten Hag over this, they are the ones never worth listening to again. It was probably obvious already with most of them, but this seals it.

My absolute favourite though right now is Graeme Souness and his imaginary scenarios discussed as fact.
It's a sad state of affairs if this is what makes people finally realize that Graeme Souness is a terrible pundit. The man's been out in the open for years just shitting on everything associated with Manchester United, out of sheer hatred and spite.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The feckin replies to that. It's not parody??? :lol:

These bellends watching a team they don't really support in the hopes that Ronaldo comes onto the pitch at some point. It's a bit pathetic.
They won't be celebrating a trophy if Ronaldo stays in the team. In fact, forget even the top four.

RedDevil@84

I won't be surprised if the contract is terminated immediately and sue Ronaldo for thrashing the club's image .

500m lawsuit coming .
I don't have such high expectations from the club. At best they will reject all claims by Ronaldo that the infrastructure is outdated and will come up with "factos"

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How did I miss this? :lol:

Ah yes, Greame "I have no information BUT I BELIEVE that this happened..." Souness. I never knew pundits could just present their conjecture and imaginary events.

RedDevil@84

Take note of all the pundits criticising Ten Hag over this, they are the ones never worth listening to again. It was probably obvious already with most of them, but this seals it.

My absolute favourite though right now is Graeme Souness and his imaginary scenarios discussed as fact.
Wait a min. Did you think Souness was a great pundit till now?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ah yes, Greame "I have no information BUT I BELIEVE that this happened..." Souness. I never knew pundits could just present their conjecture and imaginary events.
I've noticed a rise in this, pundits making guesses or assuming things are happening with zero evidence and getting cross.

Irwin99

Souness believes he should be treated differently because he's "arguably the greatest player that's ever kicked a ball".

never happened under Sir Alex :lol: This was the man that got rid of Ince, RVN, Beckham and perhaps most brutally of all Roy Keane. Looked as if he was close to getting rid of Rooney too.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Imo it was a backhanded reference to Gary Neville.

Revaulx

Would be very funny. Have a feeling he’ll be at Chelsea or Arsenal though..
Arsenal? They’ve just undergone a lengthy cultural reset to rid the squad of ageing, overpaid primadonnas. No way would they let Ronaldo anywhere near them. And I very much doubt Piers has a hotline to the owners.

Chelsea though? Potter hasn’t exactly accumulated a lot of Brownie points since he’s been there, so his power of veto over Boehly might not be very great. Bring it on :drool:

Gavinb33

The whole Souness thing bothers me so much its irrational on my part.

At some point he was saying they had a meeting etc and maybe he was told he was going to play and he isn't playing now and feels betrayed, he doesn't mention his form once in fact no one does its pissing me off so much, yeah I could say at the start of the season your in my plans and you're going to play but when you start stinking the place up no one is guaranteed a place in the 11.

Yeah I'll just blindly play you, ten Hag made Maguire captain and as soon as he played like shit he was out of the team and on the bench ain't no one crying for Maguire.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It's a very common term in English to call people rats.

It can either be used as somebody who tells secrets behind somebodys back, or just in general as a mucky, low life person. Somebody who's only good enough for the sewer etc.

He knows EXACTLY what he is saying, but why he used that word? probably just a generic curse he likes. He obviously sees them as rats or peasants, people beneath him essentially.

Godfather

Good riddance. I hope all his fans follw him out.
Just thought about this the other day. Probably one of the best things to come out of this. All these assholes following and watching us just because of him (which is fecking weird anyway) will piss off again. I cannot wait.

Zippycup

The attack on ten Hag is gaining pace on social media. Funnily enough many of the accounts attacking ten Hag have lots of numbers after their name

RedDevil@84

It is almost ridiculous that absolute liars like Piers and Souness drive the narrative. People actually start believing stuff thes so called journalists and pundits say.
They are not accountable for anything. They needn't check their facts and can straight up lie.

dave2528

Depends on the individual. We've seen many sporting icons come out as stable and down to earth too.
I completely agree.

Ronaldo wasn't forced into being what he's become or to take on those he's surrounded himself with. At a certain point he's chose this because under it all, he's a child starving for attention.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The whole Souness thing bothers me so much its irrational on my part.

At some point he was saying they had a meeting etc and maybe he was told he was going to play and he isn't playing now and feels betrayed, he doesn't mention his form once in fact no one does its pissing me off so much, yeah I could say at the start of the season your in my plans and you're going to play but when you start stinking the place up no one is guaranteed a place in the 11.
So many of the ex pro's just blindly ignore how bad he has been for the whole season. I remember Alan Shearer before Newcastle was saying "how can you drop a 50 goal a season man?!, he's scored 700 goals in his career! "

Like his old scoring records have ANY impact on what he is doing now? he is living purely on reputation at this point.

Godfather

NOBODY WANTED HIM GRAEME.

NOBODY WANTED HIM

fecking so sick of these professional pundits saying this same old bollocks. We would not have stopped him leaving if there had been an offer.

Did he expect Ten Hag to say 'He's for sale, we don't want him'?

What a bellend. Take your Scouse digs and stuff them up your fecking bollocks. Twat.
Bang on. But don't get worked up about him. Souness is mentally challenged mate.

Spoony

The People's President
I've yet to tell my son that Ronaldo's a cnut. He's still doing the siuuu thing. When should I break it to him?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, because you can stop paying someone but also stop them for seeking employment elsewhere. If only. :lol: :houllier:
I think you will find you can under certain circumstances. It worked for Mainz with Tuchel, when he unilaterally decides to quit. He couldn't get new employment until someone (BVB) paid Mainz a contract termination fee, even though he was no longer the manager and not getting paid.
Obviously I'm not a lawyer and neither do I know what's the fine print of Ronaldo's contract. But I could imagine contracts have a basic clauses where an action like that - an unsanctioned interview bringing the club in disrepute and displaying unwillingness to work with the supervisor - warrants suspension without pay. Suspension doesn't mean he an sign a contract anywhere else, he's contracted to Man United. Let him have it.

Where on earth is the fun in that?
I think he understood, but I thought the same as him. EDIT: Yeah, I've now seen he misread, but anyway...

What Ronaldo did was extremely harmful to Manchester United, in real terms, that's why it was so grave. I think a few in here are being fooled by thinking Ronaldo only hurt himself with his stupidity. Even I was thinking that at the start, as I was following the issue primarily here. Maybe it's a bit eco-chamberish? Most here understand what he is doing because you're United fans. Ouside, I think some elements of his game are working, and he's doing harm to the club's reputation.

At least in Portugal most people think he's on the right. Of course nationality plays a big part, but I saw other people on here saying reddit soccer forums are backing him, etc...

Pronlonging that as you suggested, whilst ethically reasonable, might not be beneficial for United.
Obviously the most important thing is that he doesn't get another pound from the club. But I think on top of that, it would be in the interest of the club to make an example out of this type of behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.