Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
Are any of you who use facebook getting ridiculously high pro-Ronaldo posts from sources you never heard of? Seems Ronaldo's PR team is working overtime as a weak ago I was not getting anything related to him on FB and now I can't scroll past two stories without getting some sort of pro Ronaldo quote.
I'm getting quite high amount of facebook suggestions from pages like "Viva Ronaldo", "Ronaldo Madrid" and some similar shite. My feed is sometimes littered with it, but after blocking couple of them, it is better.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I probably understand the circumstances from both sides. Everyone has their reasons in this case. However, from what I've fully read and listened to, I would say I'm on ETH's side.

ETH has gained a lot of respect from me over several months. He has dealt well with Ronaldo's complicated scenarios.

At the moment, Ronaldo's ego is too high and it's on a level unacceptable. He must listen to his managers not act like a 3-year-old cry-toddler.
When one person tells you it's raining, and the other that it's sunny, "understanding both sides" is not what you need to do to figure it out. Stick your hand out of the fecking window, and find out which one is lying.

And yes - you have the right answer. EtH is 100% right and Ronaldo is a petulant man-child and a self-absorbed asshole liar.

LuckyScout78

I will try to be objective as possible.

"Ronaldo claimed ETH provoked him by asking him to come in with 3 or few minutes left against 2-0 over Spurs. Ended up Ronaldo walk down to the tunnel early. "

From Ronaldo point of view. I understand it can create frustration and irritation when the team is up 2-0 and with only 3 or few minutes. It will not be 100 % sure you will not make big impact with those short of time left of the match. With 10 -15 minutes and more will be ok. Chance to make bigger impact on the game then. And with the how Ronaldo looks at things, how he is as a person, his ego and everything related to Ronaldo.
Even i am playing on the lowest level of football will get irritate and frustrate if the head coach want me to come in with only few minutes left.
Imagine just before you enter the pitch. The referee just blow the end of the match whistle.
But i recognized Eriksen and Elanga came on as subs at 87 minutes of the games.
So we clearly see how Eriksen and Ronaldo react and have different perspective and views on things. When it's about coming in as a sub at the end of the match. Eriksen accepted compare to Ronaldo refused it. But again Eriksen and Ronaldo see things different and their ego and status are different too. Eriksen have always been a silent and more down to earth than Ronaldo with all his top level of status and fame. It does influence Ronaldo personalities in some way.

So sum up. Ronaldo refused it and look at the negative side of coming on as a sub. And Eriksen was on a more positive way. But the late sub at the end of the match is always open for different reactions. It can have many different reactions. Not all the players will react the same way. Depend theirs background, personality and how they look at things.

And from ETH point of view. I don't know what was the intention of putting Ronaldo in with only few minutes with United 2-0. What ETH think Ronaldo can do with the time left of the match. Is just illusion of his mind. He think Ronaldo will make do this and that. And we will make impact. But it's only on ETH mind. In reality. It will be chance that will not happen like ETH was thinking and his intention.
Even ETH didn't mean to provoke Ronaldo. But with things happen like that. The factors. That is only few minutes left, United 2-0 up and big chance to see that result out. Ronaldo will not make any big difference. I think ETH is able to know it can provoke Ronaldo in a negative way. What Ronaldo did. Even he could react positive.

In one situation earlier with the journalist asking why ETH didn't put Ronaldo in during City lost or at a big loss match back. Then i think ETH will know it will create some negative feelings with such a big player with a big ego like Ronaldo. To bring him on with only few minutes left.

I like to joke with players coming on late as sub. Like only few minutes left. That they have to take a shower. Or do they really sweat. With those few minutes left. They do not even sweat.
And big players and with still big ambitions shall not be happy with only playing few minutes left of the game. When a team is 2-0 up and big chance to see it out.

So in the end. I think both Ronaldo and ETH with huge big egos will defend theirs decisions and actions. With a option to meet face to face and speak it out. Even ETH didn't had bad or negative intention with the late sub. Which Ronaldo look and handle in a negative way. Provoked and dissrespect.
It will be a hard and difficult conversation. But since Ronaldo calls out the owner too. Even it's true and the owner shall accept it. I think we human use to defend and stay on ours decision. More than to find a solution with a talking.
That conversation can happen. Never say never. But i think it's unlikely.

That's my view on the late sub against 2-0 Spurs win. And only on this case. Ronaldo claimed to got provoked by ETH.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I will try to be objective as possible.

"Ronaldo claimed ETH provoked him by asking him to come in with 3 or few minutes left against 2-0 over Spurs. Ended up Ronaldo walk down to the tunnel early. "

From Ronaldo point of view. I understand it can create frustration and irritation when the team is up 2-0 and with only 3 or few minutes. It will not be 100 % sure you will not make big impact with those short of time left of the match. With 10 -15 minutes and more will be ok. Chance to make bigger impact on the game then. And with the how Ronaldo looks at things, how he is as a person, his ego and everything related to Ronaldo.
Even i am playing on the lowest level of football will get irritate and frustrate if the head coach want me to come in with only few minutes left.
Imagine just before you enter the pitch. The referee just blow the end of the match whistle.
But i recognized Eriksen and Elanga came on as subs at 87 minutes of the games.
So we clearly see how Eriksen and Ronaldo react and have different perspective and views on things. When it's about coming in as a sub at the end of the match. Eriksen accepted compare to Ronaldo refused it. But again Eriksen and Ronaldo see things different and their ego and status are different too. Eriksen have always been a silent and more down to earth than Ronaldo with all his top level of status and fame. It does influence Ronaldo personalities in some way.

So sum up. Ronaldo refused it and look at the negative side of coming on as a sub. And Eriksen was on a more positive way. But the late sub at the end of the match is always open for different reactions. It can have many different reactions. Not all the players will react the same way. Depend theirs background, personality and how they look at things.

And from ETH point of view. I don't know what was the intention of putting Ronaldo in with only few minutes with United 2-0. What ETH think Ronaldo can do with the time left of the match. Is just illusion of his mind. He think Ronaldo will make do this and that. And we will make impact. But it's only on ETH mind. In reality. It will be chance that will not happen like ETH was thinking and his intention.
Even ETH didn't mean to provoke Ronaldo. But with things happen like that. The factors. That is only few minutes left, United 2-0 up and big chance to see that result out. Ronaldo will not make any big difference. I think ETH is able to know it can provoke Ronaldo in a negative way. What Ronaldo did. Even he could react positive.

In one situation earlier with the journalist asking why ETH didn't put Ronaldo in during City lost or at a big loss match back. Then i think ETH will know it will create some negative feelings with such a big player with a big ego like Ronaldo. To bring him on with only few minutes left.

I like to joke with players coming on late as sub. Like only few minutes left. That they have to take a shower. Or do they really sweat. With those few minutes left. They do not even sweat.
And big players and with still big ambitions shall not be happy with only playing few minutes left of the game. When a team is 2-0 up and big chance to see it out.

So in the end. I think both Ronaldo and ETH with huge big egos will defend theirs decisions and actions. With a option to meet face to face and speak it out. Even ETH didn't had bad or negative intention with the late sub. Which Ronaldo look and handle in a negative way. Provoked and dissrespect.
It will be a hard and difficult conversation. But since Ronaldo calls out the owner too. Even it's true and the owner shall accept it. I think we human use to defend and stay on ours decision. More than to find a solution with a talking.
That conversation can happen. Never say never. But i think it's unlikely.

That's my view on the late sub against 2-0 Spurs win. And only on this case. Ronaldo claimed to got provoked by ETH.
It has nothing to do with personality or background.

People choose their behaviours and Ronaldo decided he didn't want to come on. Only he knows why.

But his job is to be a professional footballer. He is paid to be a professional footballer. It's not his choice regardless of whether he wants to do it or not.

If the manager was asking him to do something totally unreasonable then that's different. But as you point out, two other players were in exactly the same position. In fact, this happens in all leagues all around the world every game.

It's a Ronaldo issue not the Manager's.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

People choose their behaviours and Ronaldo decided he didn't want to come on. Only he knows why.

But his job is to be a professional footballer. He is paid to be a professional footballer. It's not his choice regardless of whether he wants to do it or not.

If the manager was asking him to do something totally unreasonable then that's different. But as you point out, two other players were in exactly the same position. In fact, this happens in all leagues all around the world every game.

Spot on. All this “I can understand Ronaldo’s feelings or point of view” is bullshit. For someone so lauded and praised for his “professionalism”….go figure. Guy wants and expects to be the starter, main man and have the entire team built around him (“I don’t do pressing”), and he refuses to accept any other reality (where he’s declined due to age) or role. This is all on him and no amount of “playing devils advocate” crap changes anything. How professional to use an external source to call out your manager, club and teammates. Gosh, mind blowing how some still try and defend him.

LuckyScout78

It has something to say. Background, environment, how you been teaching as small kids at 2-3 age does impact your actions.

You can't expect peoples to react the same. We are not copy and paste peoples. With the status and big and huge ego of Ronaldo. Come in as sub can provoke. Even i can get angry if i come in with only few minutes on as sub for Sunday pub team and football.

I don't expect Ronaldo to react the same as Eriksen. We all human are different. Then you get to be open that peoples can react different way on everything.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It has something to say. Background, environment, how you been teaching as small kids at 2-3 age does impact your actions.

You can't expect peoples to react the same. We are not copy and paste peoples. With the status and big and huge ego of Ronaldo. Come in as sub can provoke. Even i can get angry if i come in with only few minutes on as sub for Sunday pub team and football.

I don't expect Ronaldo to react the same as Eriksen. We all human are different. Then you get to be open that peoples can react different way on everything.
Yeah some people are cnuts and some are not.

Going by some posts you'd think Ronaldo's the only 'high status' player to have ever existed.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
His last week at the club he started three games in a row vs West Ham, Sociedad and Villa, played the full 90 in all of them and was fecking dosghit in all of them too.

A fitting end.
Don't be so disrespectful. I suppose you'd bench him for being so poor as well would you?

LuckyScout78

What ETH think Ronaldo can do in the last few minutes will just be ETH illusion. Big chance that nothing of that ETH illusion will happen in reality.

In life. Most of times life will not appear like we are thinking and intend.

So no right or wrong here. When illusions thought will not might happen in reality. So why blame someone wrong or right in this situation?

When you first claimed someone is wrong. You migh be the one that is wrong.

Like i just said in the beginning. It's meant to happen. This case. The manuscript was already written. The story of Ronaldo and Manchester United.

Revaulx

It's net. It's the dirty not-so-secret that neither this forum nor the English media want to admit to themselves.
What? Do you think posters on here (which is what I think you mean by “this forum”) are all united in defence of Ronaldo?

The English media hates United. Transfer fees are frequently exaggerated to make the club look bigger mugs than they undoubtedly are. Why would they “not want to admit” Ronaldo’s wages are astronomically high?

Can you point to any evidence (eg the Employees note in the most recent accounts) that can back it up?

amolbhatia50k

What ETH think Ronaldo can do in the last few minutes will just be ETH illusion. Big chance that nothing of that ETH illusion will happen in reality.

So no right or wrong here. When illusions thought will not might happen in reality. So why blame someone wrong or right in this situation?

Like i just said in the beginning. It's meant to happen. This case. The manuscript was already written. The story of Ronaldo and Manchester United.
Of course there's a wrong here :lol:

phelans shorts

You’re telling a lot more about yourself than anything, here. What Cristiano did was nowhere near reasonable parameters of behaviour.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I think he is done after the latest club "statement". His contract will get terminated maybe.

LuckyScout78

Of course there's a wrong here :lol:
From ETH and Owner point of view.

Just like Owner and fans disagrements. The owner will never accept that they are wrong against the fans point of view.

And from peoples who are not relate Ronaldo and United. Neutral. Who cares. That is theirs business. Why shall i be involved?

Just like war. No one will accept they are wrong and defend their decisions, views and terroritum.

A sit down coversation between all parts would be unlikey. And we might need Mourinho and LVG as peacemaker if all parts will solve and come to a positive and happy end aggrement. And friends after that.

Again Welcome the "theatre of Dreams" house and place of Drama. Ronaldo is one of biggest actor at this theatre. Better than already written movie and theatre script. So call real life manuscript.

Doesn't we all want drama? It's a movie and theatre really boring without drama and climax? So be carefully for what we wish.

With Ronaldo. I don't think and it will take long time before we get such a huge drama, big big things happen around and relate to him.

And like everyting and everyone. Everyone's wife and husband have a negative side about it.

Ronaldo is just showing some of his so call "negative sides" with his human.

And with Ronaldo huge and big ego. Ronaldo is the most red devils of the player. Always thirsty and want a lot a lot. No angel with Ronaldo. Kind and silent as a sheep.

But in few years. Those things will be just become history. So whatever. It just happen like it shall happen.

amolbhatia50k

From ETH and Owner point of view.

Just like Owner and fans disagrements. The owner will never accept that they are wrong against the fans point of view.

And from peoples who are not relate Ronaldo and United. Neutral. Who cares. That is theirs business. Why shall i be involved?

Just like war. No one will accept they are wrong and defend their decisions, views and terroritum.

A sit down coversation between all parts would be unlikey. And we might need Mourinho and LVG as peacemaker if all parts will solve and come to a positive and happy end aggrement. And friends after that.

Again Welcome the "theatre of Dreams" house and place of Drama. Ronaldo is one of biggest actor at this theatre. Better than already written movie and theatre script. So call real life manuscript.

Doesn't we all want drama? It's a movie and theatre really boring without drama and climax? So be carefully for what we wish.

With Ronaldo. I don't think and it will take long time before we get such a huge drama, big big things happen around and relate to him.

And like everyting and everyone. Everyone's wife and husband have a negative side about it.

Ronaldo is just showing some of his so call "negative sides" with his human.

And with Ronaldo huge and big ego. Ronaldo is the most red devils of the player. Always thirsty and want a lot a lot. No angel with Ronaldo. Kind and silent as a sheep.

But in few years. Those things will be just become history. So whatever. It just happen like it shall happen.
A wall of nothing. You may as well not post on this topic. You're typing without being able to say anything.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Similar with Benzema I think he was more of a support striker to Ronaldo.

When you play with Ronaldo you basically have to have a player as a sacrifice to make the team function for him.

captaincantona

What a load of bollox. Illusion version my arse. If I am paying you a few hundred thousand euro a week, and I pay your boss to tell you what to do…I expect you to fuking bark like a dog if it’s part of your job and it’s on company time.

Let’s not lose sight of basic professionalism here. Ronny could have said everything he said negative about the club and ETH without having behaved like a spoilt kid.

stop with the “balanced views” when the truth is balanced enough. He is a selfish egotist that didn’t deserve playing time based on form. He then proceeded to act unprofessionally. End of.

Mas Risky

Are we talking cross wires? I was saying the only place bringing in former players seems to have worked was Bayern. Of course they are brought in by the chief exec (who may also be an ex player). I don't believe I ever said the manager appoints directors.
You said this:
I think a few of the other names you mention were brought in by the manager himself or because they had previously had a good working relationship.

None of that is true based on the example that I gave to you

All I said was that ex players don't tend to automatically be good appointments - especially at manager level
You never said that.
You said that we are the only club who give made up title for ex-player (you use Darren Fletcher, as an example, not Darren Ferguson as you mentioned later). This is patently false. It seems like you keep confusing yourself.
Of course, there is no guaranteee that an ex player could be successful in managerial role, but it also true for a non ex-player. In fact, recent history suggest that ex-players have been thriving in managerial and executive role. Van der sar, Maldini, Zidane, Guardiola, and Nedved have been instrumental for their former club's success.
Our problem is not that we hired too many former club's player, but rather, we have very few people in important positions who have knowledge of football and our club.
Most people here think that Ole is a massive failure. But as far as a former player goes, he was doing ok. Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus had hired a better former player (Lopetegui, Koeman, Pirlo respectively) with lesser result.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So we went full philosophy now? Right and wrong are illusory concepts. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

When you play with Ronaldo you basically have to have a player as a sacrifice to make the team function for him.
It's not sacrifice per se. Benzema and Rooney are complete players that leaned on a part of their skillset that benefitted them and the team when they had a superior player and specifically goalscorer in the team. Nowadays people seem to forget that Football is a team sport, too much glory is given to goalscorers and not enough to the process leading to said goals.

That's specifically true for the press because when people talk about Football and Football history it's easy to spot that people have a lot more fondness and pleasure to talk about the other players.

Stadjer

And that was worth it when he was good... old Ronaldo isnt worth it at all.

MrEleson

This is an old quote and actually not true. Only really in 08/09 could you say Rooney “sacrificed” anything for Ronaldo and even then it’s a stretch (some latter stage CL games when SAF played Rooney out wide). Otherwise, generally Rooney was in the box more than Ronaldo and on the ball less. People either forget or didn’t watch United back then but we played a basic 4-4-2 the majority of the time Ronaldo was at the club with him being on the left or right of the midfield and Rooney being in a two up front.

Ronaldo even assisted Rooney more times than vice versa.

phelans shorts

This is an old quote and actually not true. Only really in 08/09 could you say Rooney “sacrificed” anything for Ronaldo and even then it’s a stretch (some latter stage CL games when SAF played Rooney out wide). Otherwise, generally Rooney was in the box more than Ronaldo and on the ball less. People either forget or didn’t watch United back then but we played a basic 4-4-2 the majority of the time Ronaldo was at the club with him being on the left or right of the midfield and Rooney being in a two up front.

Ronaldo even assisted Rooney more times than vice versa.
This just isn’t true at all. By the time he kicked on the front 3 of Rooney, Tevez and Cristiano were very fluid, in fact I’d argue that the former two were actually in position on the right wing during the match than the latter.

Who got more assists is also irrelevant, if Rooney’s movement is creating the space for Cristiano to attack (as it did)

fallengt

Since when manager has to explain what he's thinking during the match?
It's clear that ETH wants a target man in his team, naturally Ronaldo would be that player, the other choices are McT and Harry Maguire. The minutes left is irrelevant, if he wants the team to sit deep and spam long balls then 3 minutes plus extra is the acceptable timeframe for that plan.

Plan changes from match to match. Did anyone ask why he play out of form Ronaldo for full 90 minutes in the 3 previous games ? Ronaldo already got superstar' treatment. Fred played very well in Spurs match then played badly in next one and he got benched again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I do love the Rooney revisionism in this thread.
Rooney played on the left wing every week and put all the effort in for all of Ronaldo's goals remember.
And was an exemplary pro who never once even suggested he might leave.

:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.