Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
It was well reported that there was a meeting at the beginning of the season with Ronaldo, his agent, SAF, Ten Hag and people from the board. SAF and Ten Hag were trying to persuade him to stay and get with the project. Apparently Ronaldo still said he wanted out.
I don't remember that at all. It was endless links to other clubs and diplomatic answers from ETH when asked about him.

R'hllor

Oh he was a set up, is this where its headed, attempting to turn him into naive victim of this evul guy called PM :lol:, take a bow

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes, and if United don't have an iron clad case against him, they won't unilaterally terminate the contract. Risking anything with regard to this just isn't worth it either football wise (the distraction) or publicity wise. If they don't have a water tight case, they'll surely attempt to reach some kind of agreement with the fecker (as annoying as this may be).
If they can't reach an agreement all they could do is ban him from the training ground. Then lets see who wants to buy a past it 37 year old who hasn't played for months. Although if it came to no agreement I would be tempted to just let him continue spitting his dummy out and keep fining him. We will soon have the money for a new striker.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
if it alienates the internet fanboys away from the club? even better.

Revaulx

Yes, and if United don't have an iron clad case against him, they won't unilaterally terminate the contract. Risking anything with regard to this just isn't worth it either football wise (the distraction) or publicity wise. If they don't have a water tight case, they'll surely attempt to reach some kind of agreement with the fecker (as annoying as this may be).
They might go down the settlement route in any case; it might be quicker and easier than taking time to build up a a watertight case. Pay him a month’s notice and issue a statement saying he’s left by mutual agreement.

Whatever they do, I’m pretty certain that on balance United have the upper hand. Unless Woodward and Judge watered down the terms of the standard contract; though it may well be against PL rules to tinker with it.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They might go down the settlement route in any case; it might be quicker and easier than taking time to build up a a watertight case.
Yes, that's a fair point.

In fact, I'd rather they get this over with as quickly as possible (rather than throwing the book at him, even if he deserves it).

In the cold light of reason, United have little to gain from going overboard with trying to punish him for his behaviour - at least that's how I see it.

Just get rid of him and move on.

Revaulx

It's why I mostly ignore YouTube content.
This. Even the ones with reasonable points of view (e.g. United People’s TV) are tedious windbags who take twenty five minutes to say stuff that could easily be covered in ten.

Edit: why does twenty five written in numeric format change to Googleplex?

Last edited:

Revaulx

Yes, that's a fair point.

In fact, I'd rather they get this over with as quickly as possible (rather than throwing the book at him, even if he deserves it).

In the cold light of reason, United have little to gain from going overboard with trying to punish him for his behaviour - at least that's how I see it.

Just get rid of him and move on.
Yup. Completely agree. We could do without the drama.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
All of that is true- but the problem with Ronaldo is that he has managed to continue to score a pot load of goals even into his late 30s. He will actually do well in a team that creates chances for him, and doesn’t need him to press in a proactive way.

Much like Portugal will play in the WC. So ETH will come under immense pressure at United if Ronaldo does perform!
We are creating a lot of chances for him and he has done the square root of feck all

Josh 76

We are creating a lot of chances for him and he has done the square root of feck all
Exactly.
I can see just see it now. Ronaldo scores a goal at the WC and this place going mental with Ronaldo fans saying he’s not finished and ETH is the problem, not the GOAT!

Deery

Dreary
Exactly.
I can see just see it now. Ronaldo scores a goal at the WC and this place going mental with Ronaldo fans saying he’s not finished and ETH is the problem, not the GOAT!
You know that’s going to happen though, thing is a good chance Ronaldo might not score a goal..

Was stupid enough to think he, like Zlatan at AC, was coming to a place he really enjoyed playing to finish out his career.
The absolute nutjob appears to have expected not to see out his career, but be first choice until he’s 40.
Such a shame, would’ve been a lovely end to his career if he could’ve accepted winding it down here, instead he’ll likely end up at a club he has no affiliation to, get angry again when they bench him, then move to a much lesser league like Saudi for money.

Jam

What does that mean?

“Not our hero” could be a reference to Madrid I suppose.

Or is it all just pretentious bollocks?
It’s a quote from the film The Dark Knight.

Context is Batman is Gotham’s hero, but obviously is doing Batman things. There’s a Prosecutor who is cleaning up the streets the “right way”, but he then becomes Two Face and kills some people (the public don’t know this) - Batman in order to protect the reputation and legacy of the prosecutor of the City doing the right thing and operating legally and doing things by the book then takes the blame essentially for Two Face’s crimes.

Batman is the real hero, but not the one it “needs” (vigilantism). Commissioner Gordon is aware of all the events but goes along on this premise, he knows they won’t catch Batman but also they’re better off having a legacy of legal recourse than a legacy of relying on a man dressed as a Bat as the one protecting the city.

Goldbridge probably hasn’t applied any critical thought to the quote because he’s a total clown. But an incredibly generous reading is him implying Ronaldo is taking a hit in his legacy in order to target the Glazer’s and faults with the club.

Cloud7

What does that mean?

It's a quote from the movie "The Dark Knight" where it actually fits the context of what happened and makes a lot of sense.

It does not fit the context of the Ronaldo situation at all but I bet he felt really proud of himself after wheeling that out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its weird I think most of the guys doing the fan channels on YT have less wild takes than Merse and the gang on Sky Sports.
it’s more a fact they’re leading blind sheep. whatever they say as an opinion people follow and use as their own.

people take no notice of sky sports pundits.

You’ve got people on here repeating goldbridges opinion word for word as their own!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
“Because he's the hero Manchester deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero.

- Mark Goldbridge on Ronaldo
Ramblings of a mad man. This is the kind of text you see Town NPC talks in video games. It means feck all but it's there for you to read it.

Last edited:

jeepers

Can’t he be punished by placing him in the reserves? Otherwise he needs to go.

Ronaldo thinks he is bigger than the club, Ten Hag disagrees and this is the result.
Uh, no? It would be a terrible move to place a toxic man-child with the kids. It would be far better to make him train alone without supervision until his contract is up. Make him sit away at the furthest corner during team meals. Slowly phase him out and forget about him even though he’s still under a contract at the club, like a forgotten toy left in the attic.

But is his son any good? Would be a shame if he was a top talent and he leaves with Cristiano.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What does that mean?

Nope. He rambled about us deserving a top player like Ronaldo but he would likely leave because united need to move on. Really his argument doesn't make sense

sugar_kane

I really hope we pull the trigger this weekend, sick of wondering about when we're going to sack him off.

Revaulx

Context is Batman is Gotham’s hero, but obviously is doing Batman things. There’s a Prosecutor who is cleaning up the streets the “right way”, but he then becomes Two Face and kills some people (the public don’t know this) - Batman in order to protect the reputation and legacy of the prosecutor of the City doing the right thing and operating legally and doing things by the book then takes the blame essentially for Two Face’s crimes.

Batman is the real hero, but not the one it “needs” (vigilantism). Commissioner Gordon is aware of all the events but goes along on this premise, he knows they won’t catch Batman but also they’re better off having a legacy of legal recourse than a legacy of relying on a man dressed as a Bat as the one protecting the city.

Goldbridge probably hasn’t applied any critical thought to the quote because he’s a total clown. But an incredibly generous reading is him implying Ronaldo is taking a hit in his legacy in order to target the Glazer’s and faults with the club.
Thanks! I lost interest in Batman after they stopped showing the Adam West TV series in the 60s.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Goldbridge had stuck his banner to Ronaldo's camp far too early which made it difficult for him to do a 180 without looking an idiot.If there is anything I learnt on social media is to raise your hands and say I messed up.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Terminate his contract whilst he’s at the World Cup. It would be a distraction I’m not sure his Portugal team mates would be happy with.

Eddy_JukeZ

His worshippers on Twitter are all hilarious.

Hopefully they all stop viewing our games after he's gone.

Revaulx

It's a quote from the movie "The Dark Knight" where it actually fits the context of what happened and makes a lot of sense.

It does not fit the context of the Ronaldo situation at all but I bet he felt really proud of himself after wheeling that out.
Yeah. What a tosser.

Does he understand that if we had the proper owners he so yearns for, rather than the Evil Glazers, we would never have re-signed Ronaldo?

Status
Not open for further replies.