Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

I don’t think people started hating Tevez until he left to be fair.

Heinze is probably next in line for hated players that were still at the club.
I didn’t hate him but I started to lose it a bit with Tevez after the celebration he did in one of his last games for us, against City at OT when he cupped his hands to his ears. But yeah I wouldn’t say I hated him, even after he left tbh, just wasn’t that bothered as I recall. More surprised that he’d rather play there than at United.

alexthelion

I don't think an interview like this can be interpreted as deserving of gross misconduct though. A heavy fine and suspension yes, but not enough grounds to terminate the contract?

I could easily see Ronaldo counter suing and winning if we sack him this way.
Why is it not gross misconduct?

Revaulx

Why is it not gross misconduct?
As long as he’s got a standard PL contract, I’m pretty sure it will be.
Why? You want him to carry on disrupting our season?
If we can cancel his contract and sack him without having to pay him off, which I very much hope is the case, I don’t see the point of suing him. I’m not sure the courts would like it either; they’d take the view that we’d received just recompense by being released from paying him and anything more would be vindictive. Unless we could somehow prove financial loss, such as sponsors’ deals being dependent on his continued employment.

Marcus

I do appreciate that Ronaldo has removed the dilemma of whether to play him or not. Now we can just focus on replacing him. Rather this than the Pogba lies.

alexthelion

What the hell is the point of this latest "statement"?

"Manchester United has this morning initiated appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.
We will not be making further comment until this process reaches its conclusion"
Why should they say anything else? It's to the point and all that's needed.

What do you want them to say? We're sorry Cristiano, please come back and we'll get rid of that nasty manager instead. How do you fancy being player/manager?

Revaulx

What do you want them to say? We're sorry Cristiano, please come back and we'll get rid of that nasty manager instead. How do you fancy being player/manager?
Don’t give them ideas. There’s a biggish and vocal minority who would love just that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I agree that he shouldn't have done it, he's obviously been deeply hurt by the alleged mistrust and disrespect. Now that he has, I look and what factual statements he's made (from his point of view) and ignore the slandering of individuals. The club hasn't shown the ambition of clubs like Real, nobody dares to talk about it publicly. The attitude of our players is also very accurate, just look at the likes of Martial and Sancho. I don't agree with the way Ronaldo did it, but he's right on this account...

And what good does it do to bring Ronaldo on with 3 minutes remaining? I agree with Ronaldo here that the manager at some point tried to make a statement, that he is the boss. I for one think ETH actually lacks capabilities in the emotional department. He's a good manager but man management capabilities is still very much TBD.
:lol:

Remember the geese

I agree that he shouldn't have done it, he's obviously been deeply hurt by the alleged mistrust and disrespect. Now that he has, I look and what factual statements he's made (from his point of view) and ignore the slandering of individuals. The club hasn't shown the ambition of clubs like Real, nobody dares to talk about it publicly. The attitude of our players is also very accurate, just look at the likes of Martial and Sancho. I don't agree with the way Ronaldo did it, but he's right on this account...

And what good does it do to bring Ronaldo on with 3 minutes remaining? I agree with Ronaldo here that the manager at some point tried to make a statement, that he is the boss. I for one think ETH actually lacks capabilities in the emotional department. He's a good manager but man management capabilities is still very much TBD.
The state of this!

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
According to the Athletic the dope didn't even run it by Mendes.
That's astounding if true. I always thought this was discussed with his advisors and they had something up their sleeve. He's gone full kamikaze and is completely out of control.

NK86

I don't think an interview like this can be interpreted as deserving of gross misconduct though. A heavy fine and suspension yes, but not enough grounds to terminate the contract?

I could easily see Ronaldo counter suing and winning if we sack him this way.
Let alone an interview by a massive football star, try putting up a LinkedIn post writing absolute shite about your current organization, your immediate supervisor and hierarchy and owners.
See, if that gets you anywhere apart from a one-way ticket out of the door the next day.

Luka Mora

People forget there was reports from the Athletic and ESPN last season about Ronaldo arranging meetings with a few senior players to confront ralf about tactics and that he threatened to leave in January if Execs where to hire Ralf on a permanent basis

''Insider Mark Ogden claims that the 37-year-old had 'made it clear by January' that he would quit if Rangnick was to stay as permanent manager.''

''Ronaldo sought talks with Rangnick over how playing two up front would benefit Manchester United''

The Athletic understands there have been talks on the subject behind the scenes, with Ronaldo expressing a view that a return to playing two up top would benefit him and the team overall.

Ronaldo attended a meeting with Rangnick after the home draw with Southampton on February 12 — when the mood around the club was tense following three successive 1-1s, including the FA Cup exit at home to Middlesbrough, of the Championship, on penalties.

Other senior players were there too, but Ronaldo spoke the most, especially on the idea of him having a strike partner.

Then there were murmerings this season of him not being impressing with ETH's pressing tactics

'' Cristiano Ronaldo is dismayed at stubborn Erik ten Hag's training and tactics with the Portuguese forward believing United would be better off playing a different way. ''

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-erik-ten-hags-training-and-tactics-mv8v26clp

Seriously anyone who supports this cnut who think's he's bigger than the manager and club needs to GTFH with him

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Are any of you who use facebook getting ridiculously high pro-Ronaldo posts from sources you never heard of? Seems Ronaldo's PR team is working overtime as a weak ago I was not getting anything related to him on FB and now I can't scroll past two stories without getting some sort of pro Ronaldo quote.
Well the youtube comments are mostly on Ronaldo side, not to mention Man Utd instagram page is also filled with #respect Ronaldo comment everywhere. There's no way we are going to win this thing on the internet, as we are up against biggest name in social media, with the biggest ever support too. Best we could hope for is to reach mutual agreement on termination of contract with Ronaldo, without any compensation. I am not sure if we can sue him for breach of contract, but if some clubs willing to take him in January, it might help us out too.

nakpodiareuben

I don’t think people started hating Tevez until he left to be fair.

Heinze is probably next in line for hated players that were still at the club.

Tevez gave his all for us during that 2 year loan deal. I was even disappointed we did not sign him but went for berba.

nakpodiareuben

Found this comment on the Stretford Paddock channel, thought I'd share it. All credits to Ch£ :

Ronaldo's album has dropped:

The Complainer

1. Give Me Penalty (Intro)
2. Ghosting
3. Warming Benches
4. Celebration (ft Piers Morgan)
5. Old Friends Become Enemies (ft Rooney & Gary Neville)
6. Washed
7. My Confession (ft Messi)
8. Disrespect (ft Ten Hag)
9. MLS Here I come
10. Smashing Phone (ft Little Kid)
11. Jealousy (ft Rooney)
12. Betrayal (ft Man-U)
13. Siuiii (Outro)
Rejected By Many Clubs (bonus track)

This album has been on top of the box office for days now. Don't know if it can win the Grammys anyway!

nakpodiareuben

He scored a goodly number of goals with very little service, but his total refusal/inability to put in any work at all off the ball had a terrible effect on our play.

This is the point people don't want to look at. When he plays, he limits others potentials as he wants to take all the glory. He scored 24 last season and the second highest goal scorer at the club scored less than 10. This season, we have scorers from all over the pitch. Football is a team sport. Exact reason he was dropped st Juventus that eventually meant he left jive.

We were so poor last season because we were carrying Ronaldo along.

mshnsh

To play devils advocate, the problem here is that for 25 years of his career Ronaldo has NOT been delusional. He's been the best player on Earth and has a following of what, 500 million people? The challenge is to remain grounded in those circumstances because MAN it must be hard to retain any semblance of sanity when there are 500 million people doting on you, telling you how great you are all of the time, like of course you're going to become narcissistic to some extent if you don't have the self awareness, or if you even thrive or rely on it, See:. Every politician ever, Elon Musk, Trump, you name it. It's people from humbler backgrounds that work hard to never forget where they came from that somehow have a shield against it, but I can't imagine surviving that level of intensity myself. So from that perspective maybe it's understandable, but it's nothing to applaud and it's not something you want near you..or in this case your football club!
Was unknown 25 years ago unless u are referring to Luis Ronaldo. Has been nowhere near the bpitw since 2018 and even prior to that he was considered the best only by his fanboys. You are probably one of them.

Becks had a huge following similar to Cristiano and in a similar way to Cristiano, people who never watched football ascribed all of United's success to him at the time.When he left, so did his fans and many said United will fail.
Yet it never got to his head. He always remained grounded.

Cristiano has a shite personality. Just accept it.

Ladron de redcafe

Honestly looking forward to binning his legion of acolytes as much as I'm looking forward to getting him out of the dressing room.

The Ronaldo superfans are much more zealous and fervent than any of the other player fanbase groups we've dealt with over the years. They legitimately don't live in reality, it's why you can see stuff like this

With zero irony
:lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So many of these wannabe Ronaldo sympathizers exposing themselves, its a shame really.

We always complained how the standards have dropped, the culture within the club going down the gutter, players not being professional enough. Whether it was Pogba or Depay or anyone else, we always wanted the club/manager to have a backbone and establish authority. Mourinho tried it but his methods were toxic, Ole lasted because he let players do whatever they wanted, LvG tried but his methods were outdated.

Today we have manager who is doing everything that we asked for - implementing a playing style, demanding the highest standards, command authority. In order to do that he realized that Ronaldo wasn't the answer and the guy just couldn't swallow the truth. Threw all his toys out of the pram and crossed too many lines. And yet, we have these fanbois who are now completely doing a u-turn and backing this egoistical past it player. Its shocking.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

No... you seemed to have missed the point completely. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I don't see the need to say anything yet

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
the fellow on the same side of the debate as Piers Moron and Graeme Souness is calling me daft now? It’s really not a big deal once you own it: you’re not alone, and cults of the individual have existed for hundreds and even thousands of years, you just belong to one of them.
I have virtually never been on the same side of Morgan (and by the way, I dreamed up "Piers Moron" in the 1990s) in my life and pay very little attention to Souness who spends 99% of the time being a horse's arse. Further more, never said Ronaldo should stay. but once again, you decide to make up crap

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yeah, outrageous. Totally disrespectful.

The reality is there is nothing to say yet but the media will want them to react to a massive bellend taking a shite on their doorstep.. So that'll suffice
There's no need to say anything ay this point - which is pretty much what the statement says so why bother. Mind you, with some people here if you say you like the month of June they'll tel you that that is backing Ronaldo

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What are you talking about? Sport director, technical director, director of football, or whatever we call it these days, is appointed by the club executive, not the manager.

I don't think so either...
Are we talking cross wires? I was saying the only place bringing in former players seems to have worked was Bayern. Of course they are brought in by the chief exec (who may also be an ex player). I don't believe I ever said the manager appoints directors. All I said was that ex players don't tend to automatically be good appointments - especially at manager level

Ish

Lights on for Luke
So many of these wannabe Ronaldo sympathizers exposing themselves, its a shame really.

We always complained how the standards have dropped, the culture within the club going down the gutter, players not being professional enough. Whether it was Pogba or Depay or anyone else, we always wanted the club/manager to have a backbone and establish authority. Mourinho tried it but his methods were toxic, Ole lasted because he let players do whatever they wanted, LvG tried but his methods were outdated.

Today we have manager who is doing everything that we asked for - implementing a playing style, demanding the highest standards, command authority. In order to do that he realized that Ronaldo wasn't the answer and the guy just couldn't swallow the truth. Threw all his toys out of the pram and crossed too many lines. And yet, we have these fanbois who are now completely doing a u-turn and backing this egotistical past it player. Its shocking.
Aye, can’t wait for him to leave and hopefully they all follow suuuiiiiiiT

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It is legal speak. It hints that the club is doing something. But does not commit the club to any course of action yet until a legal opinion is rendered on all possible courses of action. Also does not play into Ronaldo's hands that the club wants to get rid of him. Nicely done.
I know about legal speak - I just thought it wasn't particularly necessary: I mean, we didn't think they were doing nothing or ignoring things. We all know how this is going to end: he'll never play for us again one way or another. This doesn't add anything to the previous statement that they were "aware of the interview"

Status
Not open for further replies.