Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 101269

This pretty much sums the whole Ronaldo situation up. He's not a football player, he's a media personality that created some amazing football records.

The fallout with united was interesting, i still don't understand what Ronaldo was saying. In part because he seemed to contradict statements, English isn't his first language and there were times he seemed to struggle and I'm not sure whether Portuguese native thought translates well to English. I'm also unsure the extent he's been affected by his family issues and burying them deeply, and whether united have offered counselling or other support for him.

I'm sure the Ronaldo haters and those without empathy will respond to that as being a fanboi etc.

Ultimately, for me, it's an ugly mess and the situation is unlikely reparable.

As an exec of united I'd be looking at comments made by Ronaldo and whether there is potential action against him on a personal level. I'd also be looking at PMs/ TalkTV comments as the same since there was zero question anything Ronaldo said and despite some backtracking they've used the initial statement.

Chief123

when the score was 6-3, being dominated, with no hope for any point. Like, what was actually the purpose?

Anyway, that was possibly the most expensive 3 minutes for any footballer, that cost him 1 million. He should've just came in and jogged around, like Rashford did last season against City, and most would just forgot about it.
He was never asked to come on against City.

dinostar77

Dont agree with the poll options other than the first one. What does messi have to do with it? Sigh.

1. Shouldnt be allowed to play for utd again.
2. Hes misjudged the situation badly and was badly advised.
3. Should be allowed to play for utd again if he publicly apologies to the club.
4. Hes right that standards have fallen and nothing has improved since fergie left, however he shouldnt disrespect the manager in public.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Dont agree with the poll options other than the first one. What does messi have to do with it? Sigh.

3. Should be allowed to play for utd again if he publicly apologies to the club.
4. Hes right that standards have fallen and nothing has improved since fergie left, however he shouldnt disrespect the manager in public.
It's called taking the piss (it's also true) and you have to pick the option you agree with.

Why the feck should he be allowed to play again? He's behaved like an absolute cnut and you cant have a bench player being one of the highest earners on the planet.

dinostar77

It's called taking the piss (it's also true) and you have to pick the option you agree with.

Why the feck should he be allowed to play again? He's behaved like an absolute cnut and you cant have a bench player being one of the highest earners on the planet.
Again if he publicly apologied which he wont. But its a better poll option than crap like "messi is a better player".

ryansgirl

Love Ronaldo, his stance on certain issues at Manchester United are more or less correct in themselves especially his identification of the lack of a winning mentality and desire to improve among certain younger players during much of his second spell and his defence of Ole essentially...................but he has gone too far in giving this incredibly provocative interview with Piers Morgan.

The interview was designed to publicly provoke and Ronaldo knows full well what he was doing. There is no way back for him as you can`t have players especially those with his status conducting media warfare with his employer and tearing into the present manager - done with maximum exposure. Ronaldo always has warm opinions to say about Sir Alex but this interview is an example of the kind of player power that Sir Alex never did and never would tolerate.

I`m sad Ronaldo has chosen this way to go as I think he should have chosen a more dignified way.

ryansgirl

Mason Greenwood is still taking a huge wage from Manchester United.
What has that got to do with the Ronaldo issue? Mason Greenwood hasn`t been found guilty in a court of law yet regarding the charges he is facing - regardless of how the club and fans may feel about the prospect of those charges being found true, he has the right to be presumed innocent until found guilty if that happens under the laws of the UK. United is still keeping to the relevant part of his contract regarding wage payment because of this.

Ronaldo could have kept his problems with United behind closed doors and been discreet but he clearly wants to play the media game and is ensuring all on his ownsome that there is no way back for him. Yes his wages are too much proportionate to his bench role and that really has nothing to do with Mason Greenwood`s situation.

Luka Mora

In the summer Perez dismissed the suggestion of re-signing him at 38 years old when a fan asked him if he would bring back Ronaldo. and their relationship ended on sour terms so I doubt Madrid will be bringing him back in a hurry in spite of Benezema's injury

NoLogo

In the summer Perez dismissed the suggestion of re-signing him at 38 years old when a fan asked him if he would bring back Ronaldo. and their relationship ended on sour terms so I doubt Madrid will be bringing him back in a hurry in spite of Benezema's injury
I would also be surprised if he would bring back a player he called an "idiot" and a "sick man".

MrEleson

I would also be surprised if he would bring back a player he called an "idiot" and a "sick man".
Perez disliked Ronaldo from the beginning before he even transferred to Madrid and did anything. I remember in 2009 when he won the presidential elections and rumours surfaced that he wanted to veto the Ronaldo deal simply because it wasn’t his own signing but the signing of the previous president Calderon.

He had much more affection for the likes of Benzema & Bale who he actually signed himself.

Ronaldo may have his own issues but so does Perez (as phenomenal as he has been as a president for Real Madrid).Their relationship ending on a sour note back in 2018 was probably inevitable.

Last edited:

Luka Mora

Perez disliked Ronaldo from the beginning before he even transferred to Madrid and did anything. I remember in 2009 when he won the presidential elections and rumours surfaced that he wanted to veto the Ronaldo deal simply because it wasn’t his own signing but the signing of the previous president Calderon.

He had much more affection for the likes of Benzema & Bale who he actually signed himself.

Ronaldo may have his own issues but so does Perez (as phenomenal as he has been as a president for Real Madrid).Their relationship ending on a sour note back in 2018 was probably inevitable.
Ronaldo was demanding Perez to put him on the same wages as Messi and then flouting offers he recieved from Juve thinking it was going to make him give in but then Perez told him to do one. The rest is history.

He's burned bridges with real, juve and now united. He's now going to be left to the wolves who are willing to pick up scraps.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Ronaldo was demanding Perez to put him on the same wages as Messi and then flouting offers he recieved from Juve thinking it was going to make him give in but then Perez told him to do one. The rest is history.

He's burned bridges with real, juve and now united. He's now going to be left to the wolves who are willing to pick up scraps.
100% and if SAF wasn't in charge of United he probably would have burned bridges with United and forced a transfer in 2008 instead of waiting for 2009.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Messi has always been the better player. The only Ronaldo who matched his talent was the proper Ronaldo.
I was watching some clips of original Ronaldo today. Pre knee injury he was a completely different level of ability of Cristiano. In the era of super clubs, and without the knee injury he would have been something.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
I was watching some clips of original Ronaldo today. Pre knee injury he was a completely different level of ability of Cristiano. In the era of super clubs, and without the knee injury he would have been something.
300 mil pounds in todays market

Spoony

The People's President
He's probably the second best player I've seen after Maradona. He was explosive, it's a shame injuries destroyed his career. CR is a level or two behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo but his determination to succeed is unparalleled.

Zlaatan

Parody Account

If the club has the smallest shred of integrity this can never happen, we might as well change the name of the SAF stand at Old Trafford to "Some player's are bigger than the club stand". Ronaldo won't apologize so it's a bit of a moot point but even if he did the most the club should do (after getting rid of him) is to give out a statement saying there are no hard feelings towards him and let's remember the good times and put everything else behind us.

lex talionis

I can see how it would look that way. But that's not what was actually happening.
What other “way” can one look at the fact that Ronaldo scored 18 goals in the PL last season than the fact that he was, by far, our leading scorer during a season when we struggled to score goals?

To be as clear as I can possibly be, I stand with ETH who I believed has managed the club brilliantly and has been more than respectful (perhaps too respectful, if criticism must be laid on him) of Ronaldo, I blame Ronaldo entirely for the shitfest we’ve seen over the last week and would be delighted if United terminated his contract as soon as the club’s lawyers work out the details.

But if honesty still has any relevance in today’s fukked up world, Ronaldo was by far our top outfield player last season and would have been at best at the top of the bottom half of the PL.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Again if he publicly apologied which he wont. But its a better poll option than crap like "messi is a better player".
No apology is going to get him back in the team. He attacked the coach, the youth and the players.

mshnsh

He's probably the second best player I've seen after Maradona. He was explosive, it's a shame injuries destroyed his career. CR is a level or two behind the likes of Messi, Ronaldo but his determination to succeed is unparalleled.
Maradona and Messi are probably neck and neck when it comes to pure ability: the same otherworldly close control and playmaking ability. When it comes to performances, Messi in his prime was Maradona of 1986 every 3 days while Maradona has Mexico 86.

I'd put Luis Ronaldo just behind them interms of talent. Very explosive and technical. But lacked that playmaking ability of the 2 Argentines and not as good at dribbling although better than anyone else I've seen. The other thing is that unlike Messi/Maradona, he drifted in and out of games producing moments of brilliance rather than sustained control like a typical no 9 although better than any other no 9 I've seen.
This notion of what could have been if not for crocked knee is not entirely true. Ronaldo was a typical Brazilian who loved to party and was a poor trainer. His career trajectory would probably have been the same regardless of injury.

As for Cristiano, he is not as talented as any of the others but definitely has unbelievable drive to be the best.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
What other “way” can one look at the fact that Ronaldo scored 18 goals in the PL last season than the fact that he was, by far, our leading scorer during a season when we struggled to score goals?

To be as clear as I can possibly be, I stand with ETH who I believed has managed the club brilliantly and has been more than respectful (perhaps too respectful, if criticism must be laid on him) of Ronaldo, I blame Ronaldo entirely for the shitfest we’ve seen over the last week and would be delighted if United terminated his contract as soon as the club’s lawyers work out the details.

But if honesty still has any relevance in today’s fukked up world, Ronaldo was by far our top outfield player last season and would have been at best at the top of the bottom half of the PL.
Because you or anyone else can't possibly know where we would've ended up in the table if someone else had played instead of Ronaldo. You can't just take away his goals and imply that the team couldn't possibly have played better or scored as many/more goals as a collective without him, that's not how football works.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The reason Maguire was misfiring? Crazy.
Clearly he felt personally undermined as the captain of a dressing room that Ronaldo's gigantic ego was destabilising. On the pitch though, Ronaldo made our midfield vulnerable to counter attacks by never tracking back, which then left the slow Maguire less protected and more vulnerable, thus destroying his confidence further. And finally, he scored goals but caused less goals to be scored overall, meaning teams felt more even confident to counter attack. How many break out goals did we see where Maguire was all over the place and Ronaldo was goal hanging?

Yes it would have been different with a decent holding midfielder. Yes it was a poor team to begin with. But Ronaldo broke it.

Status
Not open for further replies.