Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the United history with big names last years allways ends bad?

Louis van Gaal, left the club and said bad things about it.
Mourinho, left the club and said bad things about it.
Alexis Sánchez, left the club and said bad things about it.
Di María, left the club and said bad things about it.
Ibrahimovic, left the club and said bad things about it.
Lukaku, left the club and said bad things about it.
Pogba, left the club and said bad thing about it.
CR7, left the club and said bad things about it.

Are you noticing a pattern here?
I’m noticing a very good pattern of people who have failed to live up to the expectations of this club, struggling to deal with it afterwards and blaming anyone but themselves.
Those who succeed and a shit tonne mentioned above, tend to say extremely nice things.

Only Zlatan gets a free card there, cause he was a success before the injury and I don’t see his comments as “bad” at all, he just expected a different kind of club to the one he found but he thoroughly enjoyed his spell here.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If a minute where someone says virtually nothing new about the owners is that important to you and makes someone a hero then there is something properly wrong with the way you assess information.
Name one current player who has spoken out about the ownership. I'll be waiting

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
What are you banging on about man?

Doesn’t matter how the interview came out, talk shit about your manager and act like a massive victim despite fans seeing with their own eyes how you have disrespected your manager since pre-season and played utter shite in the many many minutes he’s given you, people will make up their minds that your a self serving dickhead who wouldn’t have said a word about the Glazers if you were playing every week.

I’d argue, the Glazer stuff he added to manipulate people like you, in reality he’s pissed he’s not playing is all, and wants out and to tell the World he’s a victim rather than a guy struggling to come to terms with the winding down of his career.
Like I said, I don't agree with everything he said, and the stuff about the manager seems very petty. Seems more like he's butt hurt because the manager isn't picking him every week so he's blaming it on lack of respect. Doesn't change the fact that most people made up their mind about the video before they watched it. Morgan sensationalized most of it by releasing the manager stuff first. I didn't say a word until the entire video was released because unlike most on here, I don't get manipulated by anyone. I take in everything and then make my decision. And after watching the video, yes he has to go. But most of it wasn't nearly as bad as the early clips made it seem it was going to be...

Withnail

No fan boy here. He's gotta go. Doesn't change the fact that you were manipulated by Morgan
Yes we're all sheeple and you can see the truth, oh wise one. Gimme a break. He talked shit about the club, the young players, the manager and the owners because he wanted out and he'll get his wish. He's behaved like a twat all season and the fact that he mildly criticised the Glazers changes feck all.

Waynne

Name one current player who has spoken out about the ownership. I'll be waiting
Current players are not stupid enough to get into any sort of legal turmoil with their clubs by doing this.

Bare in mind other clubs are watching so Ronaldo's professionalism is under the spotlight acting like he can say what he wants, when he wants to.

Rolaholic

Why would any current player speak out about the ownership?
Can't ever remember any player actively still employed by a team speaking out against their owners tbh, not just at United.

When Messi spoke about Barcelona's issues he had already had his farewell and was a free agent

el3mel

Are you noticing a pattern here? Maybe its not all the players fault, maybe there are huge problems to solve in the club.
Mourinho is the only one of this list who didn't really say anything bad about the club after he left. Most of his quotes about us after leaving came in a respectful manner.

BorisManUtd

Are you noticing a pattern here? Maybe its not all the players fault, maybe there are huge problems to solve in the club.
While they were/are all partly right when criticising the club, most of them also failed to deliver so are at fault as well. Ibra being exception.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Current players are not stupid enough to get into any sort of legal turmoil with their clubs by doing this.

Bare in mind other clubs are watching so Ronaldo's professionalism is under the spotlight acting like he can say what he wants, when he wants to.
Beyond legal implications what would be the reason for any player to speak out about the owners. Think about it this way, they are paid to do a job, they are well paid and doing it in conditions that are superior to almost any other club in the world. One of the issue here is that some seem to not realize that we are fairly spoilt, our issue with the Glazer only exists in comparison to the absolute best. Most Football players have spent a fair amount of time in smaller clubs that have objectively worse expectations and infrastructures. Even if one was to give any credit to the lesser infrastructures argument or that ETH is a nobody, the current version of United is the best that most players will experience.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

I never claimed otherwise

Greck

Like I said, I don't agree with everything he said, and the stuff about the manager seems very petty. Seems more like he's butt hurt because the manager isn't picking him every week so he's blaming it on lack of respect. Doesn't change the fact that most people made up their mind about the video before they watched it. Morgan sensationalized most of it by releasing the manager stuff first. I didn't say a word until the entire video was released because unlike most on here, I don't get manipulated by anyone. I take in everything and then make my decision. And after watching the video, yes he has to go. But most of it wasn't nearly as bad as the early clips made it seem it was going to be...
"The interview wasn't bad asides from all the bad parts. You're all just being manipulated for not overlooking them". I'm sorry but this is a nonsense allegation, he spent more time talking about personal battles than the glazers. You'd think it was the other way round.

Ronaldo mostly got flack because of his comments about the manager. Ten Hag is the best thing at the club right now. If he cares so much about the club progressing why is he dissing the one person trending us upwards? It's like any progress that doesn't cater to his interest doesn't count. The obvious selfish motive behind the interview is why most people are smart enough to not back it.

What does not nearly as bad mean? He’s the only player in my 3 decades supporting the club that has given an interview to a man who has interviewed the president, in order to talk shit about the manager and his club because he’s not a guaranteed starter. In fact, has any player from any other club pulled anything like this?

We have a vastly different definition as to what constitutes “bad”. It was feckwhiterey of the highest order. He didn’t need to call Ten Hag a bad cnut or McClaren silly dutch speaking weapon for it to be bad.
And when you claim people were manipulated because “it wasn’t as bad”, what the feck were you expecting? Him to literally say the manager’s a shitty nodoby?

RedCheekz

Picture this scenario …..

If ronaldo has an amazing World Cup, top goal scorer, wins the World Cup , states his love for United and he want to stay.

Would you forgive ?

Ronaldo is a human being just like us. All Humans make mistakes and we shouldn’t be so quick to judge / react negatively. With time we maybe all reflect different on this…….

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The only place willing to get this sociopath on board is Saudi Arabia imho.

Waynne

Beyond legal implications what would be the reason for any player to speak out about the owners. Think about it this way, they are paid to do a job, they are well paid and doing it in conditions that are superior to almost any other club in the world. One of the issue here is that some seem to not realize that we are fairly spoilt, our issue with the Glazer only exists in comparison to the absolute best. Most Football players have spent a fair amount of time in smaller clubs that have objectively worse expectations and infrastructures. Even if one was to give any credit to the lesser infrastructures argument or that ETH is a nobody, the current version of United is the best that most players will experience.
Obviously none since they're all paid employees and in doing so is surely a breach of contract.
The same way I won't go to the media to drag my boss, colleagues and company through the mud if I have any work related issues. Any grievances with your employer should be handled privately.
I'll be in a legal world of hurt and lose my job if I take my issues publicly. Worse still is jeopardizing my chances of getting rehired by another company.

I mean look at this latest press conference. He's stated he can say whatever he wants, when he wants to.
I'd be shocked if any of the European elite would be looking to sign him up after all this and with that kind of an attitude. He's blinded by his own ego.

sugar_kane

Why haven’t we sacked this prick yet?

His nonsense today about him being bullet proof, saying whatever he wants etc. makes us look like even bigger mugs than before.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Obviously none since they're all paid employees and in doing so is surely a breach of contract.
The same way I won't go to the media to drag my boss, colleagues and company through the mud if I have any work related issues. Any grievances with your employer should be handled privately.
I'll be in a legal world of hurt and lose my job if I take my issues publicly. Worse still is jeopardizing my chances of getting rehired by another company.

I mean look at this latest press conference. He's stated he can say whatever he wants, when he wants to.
I'd be shocked if any of the European elite would be looking to sign him up after all this and with that kind of an attitude. He's blinded by his own ego.
You exclusively went with the legal side of it which is exactly what I asked to put aside. :lol:

Waynne

Why haven’t we sacked this prick yet?

His nonsense today about him being bullet proof, saying whatever he wants etc. makes us look like even bigger mugs than before.
Just to feck him over more I hope the club times the announcement of his sacking just before a key game.
Let the subsequent press conferences be dominated by the subject. Silva and Bruno already appeared annoyed by the constant Ronaldo questions as the training camp started.
He does love the attention so he should be fine with it.

Kelly15

Wow! You have been manupliated by a narcissist. He couldn't be more transparent as to who he is. Ronaldo is a self serving narcissist. You have alot of reading to do. They are very charismatic and use word salad to make you think it's not that bad. But that interview was really bad. He takes no responsibility for his actions. It's everyone else's fault except himself. Thin skinned when it comes to perceived criticism. All hall marks of a narcissist. And what he said about Rooney is so embarrassing. Saying your better looking then someone is what a child does. It's very sad really. But that's what a narcissist is. A child trapped in a man's body.

Real Name

Prove me wrong
:lol:

You're beyond hope.

All the best part were online before the interview but when I saw it it was even worse so no fans haven't been manipulated. Ronaldo himself got manipulated and Morgan practically put the words in his mouth which he spouted readily. Bashed the manager, bashed the club, try to portray himself as a victim and proved again he's a huge cnut who'll say anything to serve him and his purpose only.

If he was so dissatisfied with the club where was he last year with the stuff he said. Of course nowhere cause he was playing every game. Now he's been marginalised and he even hasn't been totally and if anything played to much he threw his toys out of the pram and stepped on the manager who 10 days ago or so gave him an armband.

If anything he played you and his fans like you like a fiddle and manipulated you.

Last edited:

Glorio

Our forward line for the majority of last season was Sancho, Rashford and Elanga when you exclude Ronaldo since Cavani, Greenwood & Martial were completely absent after January.

Sancho was hot and cold last season at best with no standout performances while Rashford and Elanga had no business anywhere near a football pitch. That’s how poor they were.

Do you genuinely believe that frontline was anywhere good enough for top 4 last season even if we were to substitute Ronaldo with another forward?
Yes

Waynne

Wow! You have been manupliated by a narcissist. He couldn't be more transparent as to who he is. Ronaldo is a self serving narcissist. You have alot of reading to do. They are very charismatic and use word salad to make you think it's not that bad. But that interview was really bad. He takes no responsibility for his actions. It's everyone else's fault except himself. Thin skinned when it comes to perceived criticism. All hall marks of a narcissist. And what he said about Rooney is so embarrassing. Saying your better looking then someone is what a child does. It's very sad really. But that's what a narcissist is. A child trapped in a man's body.
Been saying since this interview aired and the one thing I have issue with the most.

Ronaldo would've gotten some form of respect from me if he was able to admit he fecked up somewhere. At least we know then he's capable of self reflection and criticism.

KeanoMagicHat

Our forward line for the majority of last season was Sancho, Rashford and Elanga when you exclude Ronaldo since Cavani, Greenwood & Martial were completely absent after January.

Sancho was hot and cold last season at best with no standout performances while Rashford and Elanga had no business anywhere near a football pitch. That’s how poor they were.

Do you genuinely believe that frontline was anywhere good enough for top 4 last season even if we were to substitute Ronaldo with another forward?
Ronaldo had a direct effect on Cavani and Martial not being there, and also an effect on Bruno Fernandes, who was our main scorer before Ronaldo arrived.

The more I see these stuffs, the more I think that it's the worst part of the interview. While I have an issue with the way he handled Football matters, the idea that he puts that much value on being followed by bots is shocking.
It makes a lot of sense though for Piers Morgan to push this narrative as important though because he himself has 8 million followers on Twitter - probably one of the highest "journalists" in the world. It pushes a narrative that most followers equals best. Even though Morgan is a cnut and a journalist with no principles, who sold his soul and integrity to get ahead in his early 20s and has never had any integrity to get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.