Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEleson

First bolded sentence is answered by the second one and you used the same logic in your previous posts. That a reduction of the complex scenario that you alluded to, it also doesn't Ronaldo since he added nothing compared to the players that you happily considered as has beens or below par.

And I'm not conflating a thing, if you say that something is provided to something/someone you are saying that it's made for that person, that's the meaning of that term.
I didn’t reduce it to just that though. I acknowledged there were a multitude of factors that contributed to Juve not being up to par and just listed one. I didn’t say that reason was the be all and end all. Just indicated that it have strong evidence for.

Also, supporting a player with a competitive team is hardly indicative that you are providing for said player alone. The whole club benefits

RedCheekz

I appreciate and respect everybody opinion in reply to my previous post.

I just think we should be more open and not act so hastily till the dust has settled and we can reflect better.

Nobody is perfect and I doubt there’s a single person here who can hand on heart say that every time ever been upset / angry that we have reacted the appropriate way and upon reflection we wish did things differently.

We are obviously all hurt by this and it’s hurt more because it’s Ronaldo. We wouldn’t be having this discussion if for eg was Diallo or Pellistri.

Always in life a girl who you love will always have the capacity to hurt you more then a girl you never cared for.

GreatDane

I just think we should be more open and not act so hastily till the dust has settled and we can reflect better.

Nobody is perfect and I doubt there’s a single person here who can hand on heart say that every time ever been upset / angry that we have reacted the appropriate way and upon reflection we wish did things differently.

We are obviously all hurt by this and it’s hurt more because it’s Ronaldo. We wouldn’t be having this discussion if for eg was Diallo or Pellistri.

Always in life a girl who you love will always have the capacity to hurt you more then a girl you never cared for.
No one is 'hurt' by this. He chose to act like a dick so we are treating him like one.
I don't hate him or am hurt, I just want his fecking circus gone.

Eli Zee

dude.. your hero is kind of an asshole, probably.

you can make excuses while we all live in reality. He's a regressing player that managed to let the world know he's a spoiled brat in the process.

no one is Hurt by this as we understand the team would be better offf replacing him and we aren't all fan boys of ronaldo like you. We're on a Manchester United forum, not a cr7 one.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

This wasn't a reaction to being angry, don't be fooled by the scripted words.

You are correct that people have done and said things when angry or upset that they wouldn't normally do, it's human nature - it's also generally accepted in law too, see premeditated murder as opposed to voluntary murder, this was planned for weeks, not a sudden outburst, there should be no benefit of doubt for this narcissistic cnut.

Long and short is that Ronaldo has burned his rickety bridge with most sane United fans (and a lot of football fans in general) with this interview.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

What would you like us to do.

Football is a cruel master when it comes to the actual performance on the pitch. Time catches everyone and in this case it has caught Ronaldo, and instead of doing his utmost for the game and more specifically the club that gave him his platform for success he decides to drag the club through the tabloid media with this frankly disgusting interview where everyone and everything but him is responsible for his inevitable decline due to age.

So no matter what reflection one may do we are still left with a once superstar player that time has simply caught up on. He isnt Ronaldo at 29. He is done at elite level. He may have flashes here and there but even a broken clock is right twice a day! He is simply a pro that age has caught. He cant accept that so he tries to deflect. So what if the pool has the same tiles, it matters not a jot. Last time I checked a pitch still looks the same too, and what he does out on that is what matters, and lately its not alot.

His disgusting interview and attitude is toxic, that wont change so the sooner his departure is made official the better. United as a club will go on without him and he can go off and court the Kardashian type glare of celebrity that he clearly craves.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I notice Morgan waited until arsenal are on the up until he performed this kind of trick. I bet he couldn’t believe his luck that Ronaldo doing an interview with him. He’ll no doubt be happy at the unrest he’s contributed to at United just as it looks as they are turning a corner. Odious creatures the pair of em. Not surprised they got on well.

Herman Toothrot

I'm not hurt. Not in the slightest. I might be hurt if it was a rising star instead of a faded one. I might even be hurt if this was an older player who I had any affection or respect for. This player is done and it was as clear as day he was an absolute bellend in his first stint here, take away his ability and you are left with this horrible husk that's devoid of any charm or personality. This prick is just getting in the way and needs to feck off as quickly and quietly as possible.

MrEleson

I'm not hurt. Not in the slightest. I might be hurt if it was a rising star instead of a faded one. I might even be hurt if this was an older player who I had any affection or respect for. This player is done and it was as clear as day he was an absolute bellend in his first stint here, take away his ability and you are left with this horrible husk that's devoid of any charm or personality. This prick is just getting in the way and needs to feck off as quickly and quietly as possible.
No offence and you have all rights to be (as does everyone in this thread) but this reads pretty hurt.

DavelinaJolie

This isn't a spur of the moment thing, he had time to agree to an interview, arrange an interview and film the interview. There's plenty of time there to think again.

I'm not hurt. I'm frustrated, frustrated that the club brought him back when he wasn't at all what they needed. I'm also frustrated that I'm here as a fan watching him drag the club I support for no other reason than he wants to leave and thinks he can use the issues I have with the club as a shield to protect him from the consequences of his selfish, petulant behaviour.

Fooza

Redcheekz spotted in the crowd leaving the Argentina game

Vidic178

This wasn't a reaction to being angry, don't be fooled by the scripted words.

You are correct that people have done and said things when angry or upset that they wouldn't normally do, it's human nature - it's also generally accepted in law too, see premeditated murder as opposed to voluntary murder, this was planned for weeks, not a sudden outburst, there should be no benefit of doubt for this narcissistic cnut.

Long and short is that Ronaldo has burned his rickety bridge with most sane United fans (and a lot of football fans in general) with this interview.
It's pretty obvious that any player who publicly critisizes the manager like that has to go. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

But a lot of people are acting like he doesn't have a legacy here anymore when he achieved more between 2006-09 than this club has done in the past 10 years. Far more actually.

We don't win those 3 Premier League titles without Ronaldo in the team. Or the Champions League trophy. It feels like people are trying to rewrite history because of the interview.

Jericho

The comparison of him to a girl is really cringe. But if you're going to make that comparison then you have to complete it.

The 'girl' has long been known to be an over-the-hill gold-digging whore offering herself up to any passerby, all the while slagging us off. Regrettably we married her.

Vapor trail

Not sure why sentimentality is mentioned so much. Ronaldo has done a disservice to himself and has come across unprofessionally. If anyone conducted themselves in a similar fashion be it corporately or commercial the result is obvious with suspension / dismissal.

People can complain about Pogba for example but even Paul used the intermediary of his agent to annual his disagreements openly. The fact that Ronaldo has fallen below even that questionable standard is a really bad reflection on himself. If I was a business partner / liaison it would make me question the integrity in the character of the individual when things go through difficult periods or unforseen circumstances arise.

Rolaholic

He just posted a 500m followers thank you reel on Internet and has images zoom in on his time at Real and Juve but not at United...
Well he did achieve more history at Juve than United, helping end their almost decade long run of dominance and all :lol:

nakpodiareuben

It's pretty obvious that any player who publicly critisizes the manager like that has to go. I don't think anyone is disputing that.

But a lot of people are acting like he doesn't have a legacy here anymore when he achieved more between 2006-09 than this club has done in the past 10 years. Far more actually.

We don't win those 3 Premier League titles without Ronaldo in the team. Or the Champions League trophy. It feels like people are trying to rewrite history because of the interview.

Ronaldo was a key member of that squad but not sure of that your statement. Ronaldo left and we were in the champions league final twice in 3 years as well as winning the league. I am one of those who still feel Rooney was more important to us during that era.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

Well this will just turn into a pointless argument of opinions so I'd rather not get into what we would or wouldn't have won with or without Ronaldo (would he have developed into the player he did if he had went to Arsenal?).

Point is that you can't compare this interview to people being angry, what Ronaldo did was cnutish to the highest level, and has thrown is already tenuous legendary status here in the fire.

His status was tenuous as he had previous, comparing himself to a slave, criticising SAF, Gill etc, he may have been a part of a great team, but that alone doesn't grant legendary status as this club is littered with talent and characters that are way more deserving of that status than Ronaldo, especially after the interview.

lex talionis

Perhaps, but there's no way having Ronaldo around didn't compound their issues. Wherever he's gone, especially in the last few years, the rest of the front line struggle. So you can't isolate last season from a pattern that has been demonstrated again and again
But there's actually no evidence that, at least prior to this season, that Ronaldo caused his teammates at Real and Juve to perform poorly. I'll grant you the undeniable fact that Rashford, Martial and Sancho all performed very poorly last season (the first two were poor the prior season as well), but there is no causal connection between their poor play and Ronaldo's play. In the absence of factual evidence to support the argument, that Ronaldo compounded the issues surrounding Rashford and Martial.

It is possible that Ronaldo's existence contributed to Sancho's poor performances last season -- and I'm just hypothesizing now -- as it's hard enough for a new player who comes in with as much expectation as surrounded Sancho to perform to expectations, and then all the media attention given to Ronaldo in some way could have caused psychological shock to Sancho (although he played with Haaland so I'm not sure my stretch of a theory makes any sense). But if that's the case, and there is an argument to be made that Sancho is mentally weak, that says more about Sancho than about Ronaldo, who is anything but mentally weak. He's in physical decline, and I'm the first to acknowledge here that he has disgraced himself this season in various ways, but last season he was mentally and physically our strongest player, although I gave De Gea the edge as United player of the season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It is possible that Ronaldo's existence contributed to Sancho's poor performances last season -- and I'm just hypothesizing now -- as it's hard enough for a new player who comes in with as much expectation as surrounded Sancho to perform to expectations, and then all the media attention given to Ronaldo in some way could have caused psychological shock to Sancho (although he played with Haaland so I'm not sure my stretch of a theory makes any sense).
I doubt this had a big effect on Sancho. Even with Haaland arriving it was still Sancho who was the most crucial player for Dortmund, Haaland often finishing moves initiated by Sancho. So that wasn't a problem for him in Dortmund and I doubt that it was in Manchester. If I had to guess the abuse Sancho got after the EURO had a much more severe effect on him than Ronaldo's arrival.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
"The interview wasn't bad asides from all the bad parts. You're all just being manipulated for not overlooking them". I'm sorry but this is a nonsense allegation, he spent more time talking about personal battles than the glazers. You'd think it was the other way round.

Ronaldo mostly got flack because of his comments about the manager. Ten Hag is the best thing at the club right now. If he cares so much about the club progressing why is he dissing the one person trending us upwards? It's like any progress that doesn't cater to his interest doesn't count. The obvious selfish motive behind the interview is why most people are smart enough to not back it.
Are you a journalist? The way you misquoted me would make me think you work for the Sun. As for the rest, seems like your counter argument is to say what I said? You really got me there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zed 101

But there's actually no evidence that, at least prior to this season, that Ronaldo caused his teammates at Real and Juve to perform poorly. I'll grant you the undeniable fact that Rashford, Martial and Sancho all performed very poorly last season (the first two were poor the prior season as well), but there is no causal connection between their poor play and Ronaldo's play. In the absence of factual evidence to support the argument, that Ronaldo compounded the issues surrounding Rashford and Martial.

It is possible that Ronaldo's existence contributed to Sancho's poor performances last season -- and I'm just hypothesizing now -- as it's hard enough for a new player who comes in with as much expectation as surrounded Sancho to perform to expectations, and then all the media attention given to Ronaldo in some way could have caused psychological shock to Sancho (although he played with Haaland so I'm not sure my stretch of a theory makes any sense). But if that's the case, and there is an argument to be made that Sancho is mentally weak, that says more about Sancho than about Ronaldo, who is anything but mentally weak. He's in physical decline, and I'm the first to acknowledge here that he has disgraced himself this season in various ways, but last season he was mentally and physically our strongest player, although I gave De Gea the edge as United player of the season.
Do you mean the 20-21 season where Rashford scored 21 goals and had double stress fracture of his spine?

Chief123

Good riddance!! Best news of the season!

Close every single thread about him!

Status
Not open for further replies.