Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

Can you send the video which confirms your claims? All i know is that journos speculated all summer on why he's missing out on the season tour.

It takes two to tango, why doesn't Ronaldo respect the manager? Just because he's a prick or is there more to the story? We don't know how Ten Haag acted around Ronaldo. According to Ronaldo he's been made the black sheep, doesn't have to the truth, but Ten Haag could have also treated him unfairly, who knows. Personally, i wouldn't dismiss everything Ronaldo says.
:lol:
This is just incredible.

Tell me, will you follow him into his new club?

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Ten Hag should fire one back via the media before the world cup. Put him in his place.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I am not comparing like for like. However you do agree that a manager role in the middle of a crisis is to rally the troops not to feck off to a holiday. Which leads back to what I said. Most people in football see their role as a job. Its naïve to think otherwise.
I agree they see it as a job, but what Ronaldo did is beyond unprofessional. Ole took a break during an international break, I mean I don't see how things would have worked out differently even if he didn't.

Fair enough if you weren't equating the two things.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You're comparing him to one of the most incompetent managers this club has ever had. Fans were angry Ole ran off like that but looking back it wasn't surprising, he had bottled it. A proper manager wouldn't have done anything like that and neither should a player.
Because he was bambi on ice,he had given up.

The point im trying to make is that Ronaldo did kick up a fuzz to go to Real Madrid to spend his best years there, Man Utd were never his dream just a stepping stone. He kicked up a fuzz to leave Juventus and now the same on a interview with that awful gasbag of a Arsenal supporter.

Lets not forget the summer "transfer" drama or walking off in the Spurs game. Its all about him.

Ronaldo fanbois loves him more than they love Manchester United club facts.
My point is that for the vast majority of players/managers etc this is a job. Sure some are more proud in doing their job then others but its still a job for them. As custodians of the club, fans need to be less naïve. Sure let's applaud those who are doing well but let's not be afraid in criticise those who do not meet the high standards set. Ultimately we are Manchester United supporters not this or that player supporter.

CallyRed

I'd love Portugal to get knocked out at the group stage with him not scoring a single goal.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can you send the video which confirms your claims? All i know is that journos speculated all summer on why he's missing out on the season tour.

It takes two to tango, why doesn't Ronaldo respect the manager? Just because he's a prick or is there more to the story? We don't know how Ten Haag acted around Ronaldo. According to Ronaldo he's been made the black sheep, doesn't have to the truth, but Ten Haag could have also treated him unfairly, who knows. Personally, i wouldn't dismiss everything Ronaldo says.
1. We all know he wanted to go in the summer.
2. We all know he left without approval and was disciplined with a couple others during pre season. This was addressed by ETH in the press conferences.
3. We know he refused to come on at spurs. Again videos on YouTube and Ten Hag confirmed.
4. We know he gave a feck wit interview.

You cannot seriously claim that he gives a shit. There's likely 10% truth in his words and 80% absolute steaming BS. You can see all the shit he's done that was disrespectful and for him to have the audacity to say he doesn't get respect would be fecking hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Woodzy

Ten Hag should fire one back via the media before the world cup. Put him in his place.
Nah there’s no point escalating to that level. The best and probable response will be a club statement that doesn’t give too much away and then working behind the scenes to make sure Ronaldo is no longer in that dressing room after the World Cup.

TheLiverBird

If Mason is still a United player then no? It’s not as if he’s legally done anything wrong here, you don’t have to back your club 100 percent in everything they do.
you’d think the nature of Greenwood’s situation would be a bye bye moment wouldn’t you but his situation is entirely different to that of Ronaldo, Greenwood is awaiting a verdict of Guilt in a court of law for something he’s done separate to the club (still think he should have been booted too though)

Ronaldo has slammed his club publicly making accusations which surely goes against policies on speaking out against club matters in house

that should be automatic bye byes

supernaniskill

Terminating his contract would cost too much money so I sure as hell hope he has a team lined up for the Jan window. I honestly don’t feel an ounce of empathy for him, he’s tarnished his legend status for sure with this. :mad:

jameyzane

How selfish, self centred and disrespectful do you have to be that a day after a young academy graduate who basically worships you scores a fergie time goal and we all trying to enjoy the euphoria of it, you drop a nasty interview to take the focus of off that. There are not many people left who will be Ronaldo fans after this, many at Madrid don't like him anymore because of his toxic attitude and now the greater portion of united fans as well. What a knobhead ending an eventful career in this shameless fashion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I agree they see it as a job, but what Ronaldo did is beyond unprofessional. Ole took a break during an international break, I mean I don't see how things would have worked out differently even if he didn't.

Fair enough if you weren't equating the two things.
Most of the players weren't called by the national team for an obvious reason so he could have worked with those players. He still preferred to feck off to Norway instead. That doesn't mean I am using this story to defend Ronaldo. He's beyond redeemable and way worse to what Ole did. Ole might come across unprofessional by abandoning what felt as his sinking ship. Ronaldo on the other hand is trying to sink the darn thing.

Trex

That would be coming down to Ronaldo's level.....I'll never say a word of the situation publicly if I was ETH, any question I get I'll divert back to the team ethos and performance.

wolvored

as I truly do not believe that last season would've gone so badly wrong for Ole had Ronaldo not been signed.
That last bit, I wondered about that as well at the time. Although we won by counter attacking, we then had to change to accommodate Ronaldo. When it wasnt working and Ole dropped him, Fergie put his oar in and Ole toed the line, and it all fell apart.

Real Name

So, you can't come up with a video from summer in which Ronaldo clearly states that he wants out? Just moving goal posts?
Did he miss the preseason?
Did he leave the game in preseason at HT?
Did he refused to be subbed on and left the stadium vs Spurs?
Did he decided not to be available for Villa and Fulham games?
Did he give the interview?

Also the summer was all about the news him wanting out, I guess it was all made out.

I'm not moving goalposts, he could have set Old Trafford on fire yet you and the like would find and excuse. Oh he probably played with the matches and set the fire accidentally.

Highfather_24

But surely the point is that he shouldn't have protected Maguire and Ole. That's when he failed to do his actual job, not when he criticised Ronaldo.
I think that's debatable, but yeah you're right. He should have picked a lane, either way. If he draws a line at slagging his ex teammates on a public forum, I wont blame him at all.

AngliaRed

I will never forget the good old days in 2003 onwards when we would all stand up when he got the ball. The trophies he won, the memories he gave us in the SAF era.

BUT…

SAF has gone, Manchester United is a business and youve just slagged your boss and directors off so this will only end up one way. He will leave after the world cup.

What confuse me is after refusing to come on, leave the ground early, ETH makes him captain last week. What alot of fans/pundits dont see is him during the warm up/off camera moments like us match going fans see and Ronaldo is still very popular with his team mates despite the issues with his form and conduct of late.

Ladron de redcafe

:mad:
You do realize that all you're doing is speculating there, don't you? While the only facts of the situation is that Ronaldo did act like a prick, as you put it. Nobody made Ronaldo the black sheep but himself. Nobody made him disrespect his teammates. Nobody made him throw tantrums and leave stadiums in mid-match while refusing to come on.

stoinz

I lost whatever good will I have for him. The sooner he goes the better. The worry I have now is his influence on the players like Dalot and Garnacho. They seemed very close and hopefully won't impact their decision to stay.

romufc

I hope all those people who thought it was the club that forced him to stay now can shut it and realise that it was him who couldn't find another club.

How can a player talk about respect when:-

1. He said he wants to leave 1st day of pre season - disrespecting the club and new manager
2. Didnt turn up to pre season
3. Expects to start - doesn't come on as a sub
4. comes out with a disgutsing interview.

No fan should sing Viva Ronaldo when he is on the pitch again. He has not only disrespected the manager, but us fans too.

Real Name

I lost whatever good will I have for him. The sooner he goes the better. The worry I have now is his influence on the players like Dalot and Garnacho. They seemed very close and hopefully won't impact their decision to stay.
I dont think they'll let all that compromise their careers. Also seems Garnacho made a Messi celebration yesterday. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.