g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo: Set to leave by mutual agreement

Is Ronaldo justified to say that he “feels betrayed” by Manchester United?

• Ronaldo should be not be allowed to play for United again

Votes: 1,536 81.7%
  • He's always been a massive bellend

Votes: 884 47.0%
  • Messi has always been the better player

Votes: 574 30.5%
  • He should be begged to come back with double the salary and ten Haag should bow to his greatness

Votes: 126 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

I don't think Fergie will be happy with Ronaldo putting words in his mouth.

AdNani

It's a shame that ive come to hate a person who was so vital for our success in the past. but i cannot stand him. Hope we don't terminate his contract and make him train at the cliff with the u14's.

Josh 76

The biggest mystery is why the feck did Ten Haag make him captain at Villa last week?

BerryBerryShrew

Ironically the biggest example of us "not moving on" as a club was signing an ageing 37 year old striker from the glory days.

Ronaldo wouldn't give a toss and wouldn't be giving this interview if he was playing being pandered to with 90 minutes every week.
He's still played 90 minutes very frequently though. The problem is that his fanboys are making it seem like he is Donnie but the reality is that he has started for us more often than not in spite of his awful performances. In fact, he was only dropped when he had missed pre season and needed to catch up.

pauldyson1uk

It's a shame that ive come to hate a person who was so vital for our success in the past. but i cannot stand him. Hope we don't terminate his contract and make him train at the cliff with the u14's.
why poison you the kids with his bile ?
Suck it up pay him off and get him out of the club, the only time he should be allowed back on to club ground, is to tell him he is no longer and employee.

Zen86

He's still played 90 minutes very frequently though. The problem is that his fanboys are making it seem like he is Donnie but the reality is that he has started for us more often than not in spite of his awful performances. In fact, he was only dropped when he had missed pre season and needed to catch up.
If anything, we've pandered to him far too much. Then again we've not had a huge number of alternatives up front.

I imagine it's a case of ETH telling him to do as he says that's rubbed him up the wrong way. He's an ego who basically thinks he should be able to do what he wants.

Real Name

Paints that video in preaseason game where ETH was giving him instructions and Ronaldo was like I dont care in new light.

mctrials23

Well I think your IMO is 100% wrong. If I did the same to my manager and employer, I would no longer be in a job.
Yeah its a completely false equivalence. It always astounds me how immature footballers can be when they are mid thirties. I guess being paid obscene amounts of money to kick a ball around and generally indulged to the nth degree doesn't lend itself to creating mature well adjusted adults.

I can't help but feel that most of the people who idolise Ronaldo and hang off his every word like its gospel are probably quite young. I might be wrong but I struggle to see how anyone who has lived in the real world as an adult can think he is anything but an astronomical cnut.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Sounds like Trump
Goes to show the aggregators fecking it up yet again. All the aggregators are saying that Ronaldo said that he’s “better looking” rather than “looking better” than him. Ronaldo was clearly talking about his career/footballing ability than anything regarding attractiveness.

Either way, shocking and disappointing interview and he either humbles the feck up and sits his ass on the bench and plays for the team or he’ll feck off somewhere else where he can play for himself and break all the individual records that he so desperately desires. The team plays better without him anyway.

flappyjay

At least Lukaku had the balls to release his video even though he would face his teammates and coaches the following day. This coward waited until he knew he would be gone for weeks and probably won't return to Manchester after the world Cup.

LordSpud

SAF has a lot to answer for in this one too. God I wish he would just take his legacy and chill. Stop getting involved in all of it.

Ronaldo mentions that Sir Alex knows the problems, knows that the club is not at the level it should be. I wonder whether the club will come back on that too?

Just dragging everyone into his shitshow. SAF, ETH, Rangnick... I am pretty confident Maguire will be in the firing line too. If we talk about respecting ETH how the hell was Ronaldo meant to respect his captain who's had more relegations than trophies? The only people hes not had a direct shot at was the Glazers but maybe they controlled that bit of the interview.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Slept on it and not sure we should pay him off. That’s exactly what he wants. That’s exactly why Mendes turned up at training. They can’t find a club willing to pay his wages so they want us to pay them for him. feck him. Just don’t play him. If he’s so desperate to leave he can take a cut. We should release something saying exactly what went down this summer and say the position is he can leave if an offer comes in.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
really dislike seeing a player with so much pull take a public dump on your club when things seem to be getting back on track.
kind of thing, as cold as it sounds, you hope the club removes all "memory" of him being a player there... hard to know, likely impossible. but it'd be the ultimate revenge.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Word is that Ronaldo was robbed last night, lost all honour and respect.
Ronaldo will claim United made a deep fake video with him and Piers Morgan, and United payed Anonymous to hack Piers Morgans social media accounts to post the interview.

All of this was orchestrated by ETH to ruin Ronaldo's reputation

swissgenius

Agreed with you back then, the risk was too big with a low chance of success.
I got sucked in the hype last year as they seemed to fit him in properly and the whole OT was in SIUUUU mode, but it was quite obvious that he's gonna be a problem around February, and couldn't believe they got rid of him after that pre-season disaster.

...and to think how much some of the posters ridiculed you and couldn't stop laughing at that opinion is quite funny in hindsight.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I know to you guys he was/is a legend for your club but to me he has always been one of the most unlikable footballers since he broke into the game. A wonderful footballer no doubt but as a person, pretty horrible and not somebody to look up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.