Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
PR spin how he was offered to us but we said no, so he had no choice but to sign for City, its gonna be great, sheep gonna eat that shit up like a good boys they are.

Also, why the feck you would put a name of that prick on new United merch, what the feck is wrong with these weirdos.

Maybe this cnut has a point, maybe some of them think he is on loan and he will come back home one day

100%

JB7

our rivalries with those clubs is bigger than the manufactured rivalry with City. People are up in arms about it because City is a force these days and we have that has-been glow to us. Hopefully bagging a few trophies will go a way at remediating that. But ultimately, I think the uproar is rooted in United being synonymous with “Manchester” and success for so long, but these days it feels like things are going more and more the other way. City signing Ronaldo, even at his age, makes it feel like United is finished out here, but I’m sure we’ll be alright.

The same way you’re saying those players having legend status at the clubs we bought them for is debatable, the same could be said about Ronaldo at United. To me, he’s a United legend, but there’s plenty people that feel otherwise. I’m sure that prior to us bagging RvP or Sanchez there were Arsenal fans that felt they were legends there already. I think us signing them was worse from a perspective of those clubs as we bought them directly from them, most in their peak. Meanwhile Ronaldo has played at Madrid for like a decade and then Juve. Guy is in his twilight years.
“Manufactured rivalry”

Tell me you’ve never been to Manchester without saying you’ve never been to Manchester.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I can’t believe we aren’t trying to sign him. I honestly think we have tried to buy Ronaldo but he doesn’t want to risk his last few years with Ole as Ole has never won anything. I think this is the major reason why he is going to go to city and play under Pep. If Ronaldo came back to us and we won the league could you imagine how much we would love him? I’m just glad he’s going to city and not Liverpool. I don’t think I could deal with him going to Liverpool.
He isn't the same player he was when we had him. He barely leaves outside the pen box nowadays. We already have Cavani for this. And its worth a debate that Cavani would be better within this United than the current version of Ronaldo.
We would be wasting financial resources.

Ixion

This goal didn't relegate United, despite the myth it did, but Law's reaction is genuine. It's not this fake apologetic thing you see now, this is a guy who is taking no pleasure in what he just did

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yesterday I felt it would be an unnecessary signing, but after hearing about Cavani missing out quite a few games + considering his record with injuries i'm getting second thoughts.
He is the wrong player for us and we rather keep our financials in check. Let him go to City

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Hopefully pisses people off enough to protest Glazers again - that's the positive spin on things.
I hope we're not protesting not signing a 37 year old on massive wages.

The fans have many reasons to protest but this is not one of them.

arthurka

Messi leaving Barcelona and Ronaldo playing for Manchester United rivals. Messi playing with Ramos and Ronaldo playing for Pep. This window is bizzare
Is it? This is what you get when half of the clubs are broke due to the fact that oil and Russian retirement funds have inflated the game beyond saving. All the old big clubs are struggling to keep up and some of them have even accepted they're new status. This problem will only get worse if the ones running the game won't step in and try to fix this.

Nobody should be paying a 37 year old Ronaldo over 300k and Messi shouldn't be getting anywhere near 35-50m a year as a 34 year old. And the thing is nobody can do it except?

Gurtej

Again stop sulking guys and care about him…

Focus on Ourselves… like I said before, when and if next year we sign Halland, no one will care about Ronaldo!!

Spoony

The People's President
This goal didn't relegate United, despite the myth it did, but Law's reaction is genuine. It's not this fake apologetic thing you see now, this is a guy who is taking no pleasure in what he just did

He was genuinely gutted. He'll always be one of our biggest legends.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I hope we're not protesting not signing a 37 year old on massive wages.

The fans have many reasons to protest but this is not one of them.
I agree but Ronaldo seems to tug on heartstrings so could provoke more strong protests, particularly if the season starts poorly.

tomaldinho1

These are the types of signings we want City to make in fairness, older, expensive and past their peak players. The United connection is the only reason this is generating so much news and judging by the reactions on here, very few seem that bothered given he is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago & he was never really planning on staying at United.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Is it? This is what you get when half of the clubs are broke due to the fact that oil and Russian retirement funds have inflated the game beyond saving. All the old big clubs are struggling to keep up and some of them have even accepted they're new status. This problem will only get worse if the ones running the game won't step in and try to fix this.

Nobody should be paying a 37 year old Ronaldo over 300k and Messi shouldn't be getting anywhere near 35-50m a year as a 34 year old. And the thing is nobody can do it except?
Its like watching the great-granddads known as the Rolling Stones on tour this year.

SeanyC

These are the types of signings we want City to make in fairness, older, expensive and past their peak players. The United connection is the only reason this is generating so much news and judging by the reactions on here, very few seem that bothered given he is nowhere near the player he was a few years ago & he was never really planning on staying at United.
Still think he will bag double digit goals for city though…just very sad to see but that’s football for you

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
I can’t believe we aren’t trying to sign him. I honestly think we have tried to buy Ronaldo but he doesn’t want to risk his last few years with Ole as Ole has never won anything. I think this is the major reason why he is going to go to city and play under Pep. If Ronaldo came back to us and we won the league could you imagine how much we would love him? I’m just glad he’s going to city and not Liverpool. I don’t think I could deal with him going to Liverpool.
Yeap defo the lesser evil.

TrueRed79

Ronaldo is a dick. Has always been one, and if he joins City he'll just be a bigger one. I also think he's a weirdo of the highest order. Ship has sailed. Have never wanted him back here personally.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
The losses to Ajax, Lyon, and Porto in his time there were definitely not part of the plan. He then lost the league in his 3rd season with barely making the top 4. His time with Juve has been a massive failure, it's one of the reasons he wants to bail out now.
Sure, but same goes to Messi at Barca on recent years,:

Ronaldo at Juventus 18-21:
- 2 league titles
- 1 domestic cup
- 2 super cup

Messi at Barca 18-21:
- 1 league title
- 1 domestic cup
- 1 super cup

And when you consider Juventus pay Ronaldo around 1m per week in salary, whereas Barca pay Messi over 2m per week… it’s even worst.

Danish Wizard

We should remember that 99% of all players sees their career as an opportunity to earn as much money as possible, and add personal glory.
We rarely see a Maldini & a Giggs these days. Not just speaking quality wise. Money talks.

Players should remember this as well, when they give these interviews and state the huge love they have for a certain club etc. It will come back to haunt them later on. Just like Ronaldo now.

And I repeat what I have always said. I have never understood the huge love for Ronaldo from the United-fans.

GlasgowCeltic

Dont understand this from Peps perspective, feels like he's throwing away his "philosophy" in a last crack at old big ears

Oranges038

Ronaldo is a dick. Has always been one, and if he joins City he'll just be a bigger one. I also think he's a weirdo of the highest order. Ship has sailed. Have never wanted him back here personally.
What makes him a weirdo in your eyes?

Born2Lose

There's a real irony on here of how many posters will regularly crap on the club and it's history but throw their toys out of the pram when Ronaldo proves to be "disloyal" and disrespects the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.