Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
The thing you are all missing is his "lack" of goals has nothing do with him but rather the team is god awful and dont create the chances that lets say a Bayern does.

Stick him in Munich and watch the rain of goals that start pouring in. The fact that he can get near OR 50 goals for a team that lacks any kind of creativity is nothing short of astonishing.

Penalties are penalties. You still have to put them away and MANY players can't do it. Never understood the hate for a penalty goal. He cant control that all he can control is putting it away when it comes.

Do you actually watch Juve play? They are by far and I mean BY FAR the WORST of the so called "Top clubs" this season. They are just horrid both defensively and offensively.

The fact that they are going to win the title this season (they still ,might not with there form) is an insane amount of luck I have not seen in a league season in a long time.

The amount of fortunate wins or last minute draws or Lazio dipping form.

Had Lazio not dropped form the past 2 week they would have a 5 point advantage.

I will even go as far as to say that IF and it is s very BIG If Juve win the CL (I highly highly doubt it) It would go down as his greatest club feat ever. This team has no business competing for a CL title and the only reason they are even considered is because his name is on the squad list.
Penalties are basically gifts usually earned by other players, that's why they're often mentioned along with the goal stats.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The thing you are all missing is his "lack" of goals has nothing do with him but rather the team is god awful and dont create the chances that lets say a Bayern does.

Stick him in Munich and watch the rain of goals that start pouring in. The fact that he can get near OR 50 goals for a team that lacks any kind of creativity is nothing short of astonishing.

Penalties are penalties. You still have to put them away and MANY players can't do it. Never understood the hate for a penalty goal. He cant control that all he can control is putting it away when it comes.

Do you actually watch Juve play? They are by far and I mean BY FAR the WORST of the so called "Top clubs" this season. They are just horrid both defensively and offensively.

The fact that they are going to win the title this season (they still ,might not with there form) is an insane amount of luck I have not seen in a league season in a long time.

The amount of fortunate wins or last minute draws or Lazio dipping form.

Had Lazio not dropped form the past 2 week they would have a 5 point advantage.

I will even go as far as to say that IF and it is s very BIG If Juve win the CL (I highly highly doubt it) It would go down as his greatest club feat ever. This team has no business competing for a CL title and the only reason they are even considered is because his name is on the squad list.
I'm not raining on your Ronaldo parade as I love him. But like you said yourself, he's not near 50 goals for this "club who don't create chances". Club and country 42. 32 for that club that is so hard to score for, as you put it. And I don't disagree, I think he'd be scoring a lot more (from open play) in a more fluid attacking league. I just don't think he chose the right league to join.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I'm not raining on your Ronaldo parade as I love him. But like you said yourself, he's not near 50 goals for this "club who don't create chances". Club and country 42. 32 for that club that is so hard to score for, as you put it. And I don't disagree, I think he'd be scoring a lot more (from open play) in a more fluid attacking league. I just don't think he chose the right league to join.
I agree 100%

Eddy_JukeZ

Which league should he have gone to?

bakalhau

30 or more goals in LEAGUE games in 8 different seasons.

Let that sink in for a minute!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Why does this forum have posters who constantly post “let that sink in”. Don’t need to.

Outstanding.
The streak is amazing, i'm far from being impressed by this year's performance though. He can thank VAR because he'd be far from 30 had it been the rules used 2 years ago.

bakalhau

Why does this forum have posters who constantly post “let that sink in”. Don’t need to.

Outstanding.
In my defence it's the first time I use it, although I don't have many posts! :p

Aand honestly I just can't believe he MIGHT just win the golden boot at this age.

Edit: he's so mad at hitting the crossbar there! He's SO pissed off. YOU JUST LOVE TO SEE HIM

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Been watching the game. Juventus is not a good team. They're just not good enough for what they have on the field. The style is genuinely an overcomplicated mess.

But Ronaldo, what a man, at 35, he looks 25.

Tell you what, I think he'd make a huge difference in that United team with Pogba and Fernando alongside him.

Man can still run.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
30 or more goals in LEAGUE games in 8 different seasons.

Let that sink in for a minute!
He is also the 3rd player in 17 years to score 30 or more goals in one season (Serie A). The other 2 are Luca Toni with 31 goals in 2005 and Higuain 36 (most of all time, i think) in 2015.
Before that Serie A had 18 teams.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
The amount of salt Ronaldo generates year on year is simply astounding. 15 years of same arguments being repeated ad nauseam while he keeps racking up trophies and setting new records.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The amount of salt Ronaldo generates year on year is simply astounding. 15 years of same arguments being repeated ad nauseam while he keeps racking up trophies and setting new records.
There's absolutely no salt in acknoledging a tremendous carrier while being honest about his performance this season. I didn't realize this thread was here to talk about fantasized games where he'd still be the best player in the world when it's pretty obvious to anyone who follows Juventus that he's not. He remains a top player at 35 and it's an unbelivable achievement, just not THE top player he could be in the past.

Kush

There's absolutely no salt in acknoledging a tremendous carrier while being honest about his performance this season. I didn't realize this thread was here to talk about fantasized games where he'd still be the best player in the world when it's pretty obvious to anyone who follows Juventus that he's not. He remains a top player at 35 and it's an unbelivable achievement, just not THE top player he could be in the past.
That post wasn't specifically aimed at you. But, go ahead and read the last few pages. People are still whining about penalties and tap-ins, as if they count any less than a 30 yarder. Also, its common sense that at his age he can't be the explosive player he was in the past. Still, he has managed to sustain 80-90% of the said output while jumping different leagues.

I couldn't care less if you or others think he is best player in the world or Top 5 or Top 10. I remember many posters doing mental gymnastics in 2014 where he wasn't even a T3 player anymore with trio of Messi, Suarez, Neymar or when Bale was ahead of him. His accomplishments have been downplayed for decades now with the same tired arguments being posted time and time again. How hard is it to give the player his due credit? Yet, many continuously act like 10 year olds writing 'Penaldo' 'LULz tap-in' every time he scores a goal. It wasn't funny a decade ago, it isn't funny now. It just brings the discourse down to gutter level.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Yup.

A wise man once said - "haters gonna hate".

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Funny how exactly a Juventus fan on this forum thinks the opposite.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Nowhere near as astounding as the Manchester United fans still sucking his balls, over a decade after he walked out of the club they support. Now that really is astounding.

Kush

Nowhere near as astounding as the Manchester United fans still sucking his balls, over a decade after he walked out of the club they support. Now that really is astounding.
This isn't 'gotcha' post as you expected, thanks for further re-enforcing my point. This thread is full of such takes, more drive-by posts and personal insults rather than actual discussion on said player.

It's also hilarious to see how bitter certain whoppers are or how worked up they get because an ex-player is generating discussion. Gate-keeping on a football forum must be a new low :lol:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Funny how exactly a Juventus fan on this forum thinks the opposite.
I'm not talking about a Juventus fan, are you counting on them to be objective? I'm talking about football fans with no specific attachement to him other than his performances. Of course a juventus fan will love him, he was the best player of the worst Juventus team i've seen in decades (even if Dybala had a very nice streak of games, i was benched so many times).

Who's been clearly better? :confused:
Lewandosky and it's not even close. In terms of influence on his team i'd add Messi, KdB, Benzema, and with an complete season Neymar, Mbappe and Bruno.

Son

Still the best player in the world at 35
He’s not though is he. He’s an outstanding player but there are better forwards these days.

I’d argue on current form Martial is probably the better player which is understandable now. If he played in Italy for Juve no less right now he would score more often and better quality goals.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He's easily the greatest player a lot of us have ever seen play for the club. It's hardly strange that people will still follow his career closely.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Well, if you were willing to pick 2020 CR7 over Neymar or Mbappé, there's not a lot I can do for you buddy. Mbappé scored 18 goals in 20 match without takings PKs. Ronaldo scored 30 in 31 games with 12 PKs...

Last edited:

bakalhau

Well, if you were willing to pick 2020 CR7 over Neymar or Mbappé, there's not a lot I can do for you buddy.
The guy just makes it happen, what can I say. I'd take him.

In all honesty I'd take all 3 of them. That'd be a freakish front 3.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Lewandosky and it's not even close. In terms of influence on his team i'd add Messi, KdB, Benzema, and with an complete season Neymar, Mbappe and Bruno.
Lewandowski 34 goals in 31 games in the Bundesliga, playing in a far more dominant Bayern side; compared to Ronaldo's 30 in 30 in Serie A.
Messi? Seriously? After losing in a one-horse race for the title? :lol: Anyway, there's a whole thread for this if you seriously want this argument again.
De Bruyne? This season? :eek:
Benzema has done very well this season, close to Ronaldo's level, but better? Not really
Neymar & Mbappe didn't even score at the same rate as Ronaldo before the shutdown, and PSG are far far more dominate in their league.
Bruno has done very well so far at United, but not at Ronaldo's level.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The guy just makes it happen, what can I say. I'd take him.

In all honesty I'd take all 3 of them. That'd be a freakish front 3.
I'd play Neymar behind Mbappé and CR7, almost as a number 10, yeah it'd be pretty fun to watch ^^

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well, if you were willing to pick 2020 CR7 over Neymar or Mbappé, there's not a lot I can do for you buddy. Mbappé scored 18 goals in 20 match without takings PKs. Ronaldo scored 28 in 30 games with 12 PKs...
If you're signing them for your club, age is certainly a big factor.

If you are choosing a side for a one off game, I'd stick with Ronaldo.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's easily the greatest player a lot of us have ever seen play for the club. It's hardly strange that people will still follow his career closely.
I find it weird as feck, personally. I support a club, not individual players. Couldn’t care less what happens to players at other clubs. Each to his own though. I think this whole “being a fan of individual players” stuff has leaked over from US sports. I can’t relate to it but am aware it’s a thing, so realise nothing I say will change anyone’s mind. I try to keep out of this thread as much as possible. Slow news day today!

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Lewandowski 34 goals in 31 games in the Bundesliga, playing in a far more dominant Bayern side; compared to Ronaldo's 30 in 30 in Serie A.
Messi? Seriously? After losing in a one-horse race for the title? :lol: Anyway, there's a whole thread for this if you seriously want this argument again.
De Bruyne? This season? :eek:
Benzema has done very well this season, close to Ronaldo's level, but better? Not really
Neymar & Mbappe didn't even score at the same rate as Ronaldo before the shutdown, and PSG are far far more dominate in their league.
Bruno has done very well so far at United, but not at Ronaldo's level.
Ok, so you're part of the "PK are real goals, it's as hard to score as a non-PK goal!!" crowd. But it's not, and we all know it. The same argument goes for Immobile.

That being said, i don't want to derail this thread so i'll leave you all to your opinions, apparently it can't be changed.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ok, so you're part of the "PK are real goals, it's as hard to score as a non-PK goal!!" crowd. But it's not, and we all know it. The same argument goes for Immobile.

That being said, i don't want to derail this thread so i'll leave you all to your opinions, apparently it can't be changed.
If penalties were so easy to score, I wonder why other players didn't think of scoring them.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If penalties were so easy to score, I wonder why other players didn't think of scoring them.

You do realize that Serie A had an INSANE amount of PK this year right? As I said, Immobile is (I think) tied with CR7 as top scorer, does it make him one of the best? It's not about scoring them, it's about getting them. Ramos is the best goal scorer for Real Madrid (or second, it might be close with Benzema) since restart only by taking PK's because they got a lot of them. Who can seriously think that scoring 30 goals including 12 PK's is as hard as scoring 30 non PK goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.