Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEleson

Does anyone have the goal per shots stats of CR7 this season compared to oher strikers? Doesn't seem good, at all.
Meaningless stat considering Ronaldo notoriously takes shots from obscene angles and distances other players wouldn't even dare shoot from. He did this even at Madrid where he received stellar creative service so imagine how much more he'd be doing it at Juve where he's feeding off scraps all game.

Mcking

If you think Francesco Caputo would pass 15 goals if he played for this Juventus team then I need some of the weed you're smoking nevermind pass 30.

Statpadding? 63 goals for Juventus, only 4 of them when Juve had a 2 goal lead and 1 of them with a 2+ goal lead. Should score the 4-0 and 5-0 goals instead like all the other players who are apparently better than Ronaldo (Neymar, De Bruyne, Lewandowski, Sterling, etc.) but don't get called out for statpadding ever because they haven't had 1/100th of the success he's had and as a result don't have 1/100th of the amount of bitter experts criticizing them for every step they take.
Caputo has 19 goals, Ronaldo has 19 goals. The difference is Ronaldo has the penalties to boost his statistics.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Caputo has 19 goals, Ronaldo has 19 goals. The difference is Ronaldo has the penalties to boost his statistics.
:lol:

What even is this logic?

If Juve didn't get any penalties... they'd obviously have more open play goals. As would Ronaldo.

acnumber9

Quaglialera was 36 last season and scored 19 open play goals. Ronaldo currently has 19 too. Let's not pretend like he has done something no one has ever done.
And if he’d scored 735 career goals and every trophy he could possibly win then it would seem special for him too. When you see players like Wayne Rooney give up at 28 it’s remarkable that Ronaldo is still playing at the level he is.

Mcking

Meaningless stat considering Ronaldo notoriously takes shots from obscene angles and distances other players wouldn't even dare shoot from. He did this even at Madrid where he received stellar creative service so imagine how much more he'd be doing it at Juve where he's feeding off scraps all game.
I love how everyone is pretending like he isn't part of the scrap. Juve were very good without him. They aren't much better with him.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Or maybe he could try to, I don't know, create something instead of shooting? I'm pretty amazed to see how people tend to consider that it's The Amazing Cristiano + his bad team. He IS in the team, he IS part of the offense that barely functionned this season. I sometimes have the feeling that you guys don't watch the games and just look at the stats just to say how amazing he is. I have no problem saying that Messi troubles Barcelona's abilty to create nice plays because everybody want to give him the ball, i have no problem saying that Neymar can be very annoying when he feels he needs to dribble the entire opponnent's team, and i have no problem saying that CR7 had a season that shouldn't be considered great by his standards. For a 35 yo player it definitely is but its FAR from being GOAT level or god knows what.

Mcking

:lol:

What even is this logic?

If Juve didn't get any penalties... they'd obviously have more open play goals. As would Ronaldo.
How much more though? Every other Juve player would obviously have more open play goals too if that's how it works.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I love how everyone is pretending like he isn't part of the scrap. Juve were very good without him. They aren't much better with him.
That would be something to consider if over half the team he joined hadn't become semi-retired by now rather than the team being the same.

Maybe if he builds a time machine to bring Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Khedira, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Higuain, etc. back to their best the team wouldn't have declined but that might be beyond his abilities as a footballer

Mcking

And if he’d scored 735 career goals and every trophy he could possibly win then it would seem special for him too. When you see players like Wayne Rooney give up at 28 it’s remarkable that Ronaldo is still playing at the level he is.
He has scored 19 open play goals. If that's special, then cool. He has 31 goals though thanks to penalties.

MrEleson

Or maybe he could try to, I don't know, create something instead of shooting? I'm pretty amazed to see how people tend to consider that it's The Amazing Cristiano + his bad team. He IS in the team, he IS part of the offense that barely functionned this season. I sometimes have the feeling that you guys don't watch the games and just look at the stats just to say how amazing he is. I have no problem saying that Messi troubles Barcelona's abilty to create nice plays because everybody want to give him the ball, i have no problem saying that Neymar can be very annoying when he feels he needs to dribble the entire opponnent's team, and i have no problem saying that CR7 had a season that shouldn't be considered great by his standards. For a 35 yo player it definitely is but its FAR from being GOAT level or god knows what.
If anything; what you’re writing here is strongly suggesting to me that you haven’t watched Juve kick a ball in 2 years. Go to the Juve forums and read for yourself what their fans are saying. Without Ronaldo (and to some extent Dybala) this team struggles to finish 4th let alone win the scudetto. His goals have covered humongous holes in the team. The attack is THE only thing about this team (basically him & Dybala) with de ligt being formidable in defence. The midfield is completely non-existent and gets outplayed by relegation level sides. Someone has to be insane to watch this Juve team and not be able to easily identify where the glaring problems are.

MrEleson

He has scored 19 open play goals. If that's special, then cool. He has 31 goals though thanks to penalties.
That’s pretty special for a team that don’t utilise any of his strengths. They barely cross the ball and when they do it’s horrendously hit, never reaching anywhere near its intended target. They don’t play on the break. They don’t read or understand ANY of his intelligent movement. They play extremely narrow - no width, etc. Their best creative players outside of Dybala has no more than 5 or so assists this season (the man that usually starts on the RW has a shocking 1 goal and 1 assist all season).

I’m amazed he amassed 19 tbh.

Mcking

That would be something to consider if over half the team he joined hadn't become semi-retired by now rather than the team being the same.

Maybe if he builds a time machine to bring Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, Khedira, Mandzukic, Matuidi, Higuain, etc. back to their best the team wouldn't have declined but that might be beyond his abilities as a footballer
Maybe if Juventus were smarter they'd have better fits for the team, rather than Ronaldo and penalties.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Would you rate his season as being better if he had missed 5 penalties and scored 5 open play chances he's had?

MrEleson

Juve were barely “amazing”. They peaked around 2017 and have been gradually declining ever since. They’ve barely signed anyone noteworthy since their 4–1 drubbing by Real Madrid in that final (apart from Ronaldo himself and De Ligt if you like). But nothing substantial has been added to the team or midfield. Instead, key players have aged and some have even stopped playing altogether (Khedira) despite still being part of the “team.”

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Maybe if Juventus were smarter they'd have better fits for the team, rather than Ronaldo and penalties.
Yes, signing Ronaldo has clearly massively restricted them in the market. What are you even talking about? :houllier:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
If anything; what you’re writing here is strongly suggesting to me that you haven’t watched Juve kick a ball in 2 years. Go to the Juve forums and read for yourself what their fans are saying. Without Ronaldo (and to some extent Dybala) this team struggles to finish 4th let alone win the scudetto. His goals have covered humongous holes in the team. The attack is THE only thing about this team (basically him & Dybala) with de ligt being formidable in defence. The midfield is completely non-existent and gets outplayed by relegation level sides. Someone has to be insane to watch this Juve team and not be able to easily identify where the glaring problems are.
I've watched almost all the games, i don't need somebody else's opinion to tell me what's wrong. Yeah, the midfield is the worst that had in years, but Cristiano could be more involved in the build up of offense phases instead of focusing on finishing. Maybe he'd have 5 goals less but Juventus could have scored 10 more. The thing is, he can't do that anymore so most of the time he just looks for a shot, from any position, without much success (thus terminating the play). He could have tried to build a better synergy with Dybala but it never worked (also Sarri's fault obviously).

I'm not implying that Cristiano isn't a very good player, but this season he's just the best of a very bad bunch (even if Dybala had some really good games). He didn't do anything special, nor did Immobile. They just scored 30+ goals against the worst Serie A defenses i've seen in my lifetime with a lot of pens. The mere fact that Immobile could be best scorer ever in Serie A (considering the legendary players that used to play in Italy) is totally ludicrous.

Mcking

That’s pretty special for a team that don’t utilise any of his strengths. They barely cross the ball and when they do it’s horrendously hit, never reaching anywhere near its intended target. They don’t play on the break. They don’t read or understand ANY of his intelligent movement. They play extremely narrow - no width, etc. Their best creative players outside of Dybala has no more than 5 or so assists this season (the man that usually starts on the RW has a shocking 1 goal and 1 assist all season).

I’m amazed he amassed 19 tbh.
Juventus have scored 62 goals from open play this season. Ronaldo has scored 30 percent of them having started almost every game. That's closer to nothing special to me.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
All this Penalty talk :lol::lol: Anything to diminish a man scoring 46 goals in a season at 35 I guess.

You lot have a weird problem of discrediting goals. First national team goals don't count and now penalties don't count.

It kills people to still see Ronaldo at the top of the mountain when at this age he should have fallen off.

SportingCP96

Supports
Juventus have scored 62 goals from open play this season. Ronaldo has scored 30 percent of them having started almost every game. That's closer to nothing special to me.
46 goals at 35 years old is nothing special?

Are you Hellen keller?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Penalties are a goal 75% of the time. He had 13 penalties which would lead on average to 8/9 goals. He scored 12.

If he missed 3/4 more penalties and scored 3/4 other open play chances, the outcome would be the exact same. Juve would have the same amount of points, the same amount of titles, his contribution would be the exact same... and you'd rate his season as being better. Because that's how incredibly stupid this argument got.

SportingCP96

Supports
Penalties are a goal 75% of the time. He had 13 penalties which would lead on average to 8/9 goals. He scored 12.

If he missed 3/4 more penalties and scored 3/4 other open play chances, the outcome would be the exact same. Juve would have the same amount of points, the same amount of titles, his contribution would be the exact same... and you'd rate his season as being better. Because that's how incredibly stupid this argument got.
They dont have any more arguments against him once they realized he could not be caught by there beloved hero so they make up new arguments.

The newest addition to the argument is saying goals don't count.

SportingCP96

Supports
They spent 100m on Ronaldo to score as much as Caputo. Don't try to blame everybody else.
:lol: :lol: 35 goals for Juve and 46 in all comps is like Caputo?

You should find a new sport to watch because you know nothing about football my friend.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Do De Bruyne's assists from corners also count less because he's the designated corner taker or does that only work for penalties. Reckon we should put an asterisk next to those.

Does he even assist as much as Luis Alberto when you take out the ones that don't count for me?? Fraud. Just statpads because City score a lot of goals

MrEleson

Cristiano could be more involved in the build up of offense phases instead of focusing on finishing. Maybe he'd have 5 goals less but Juventus could have scored 10 more.
And who would score these goals? Matuidi? Bernardeschi? Costa that is barely fit? No one in that team is capable of scoring goals apart from him and Dybala (and Higuain to some extent). And he’s actually dropping deeper and wider to collect the ball than his last seasons at Madrid. Don’t believe me? Check his heat maps.

0le

They spent 100m on Ronaldo to score as much as Caputo. Don't try to blame everybody else.
Ronaldo is absolutely sensational. What he is doing at his age is phenomenal. Sorry to say it but you have to be absolutely delusional to deny this. I can tolerate people having preferred players, maybe you prefer Messi or Best or whoever over Ronaldo, but we should not undermine his achievements.

Mcking

Would you rate his season as being better if he had missed 5 penalties and scored 5 open play chances he's had?
I'd rate his season exactly the same if Dybala took the pens and scored over 20 goals with Ronaldo scoring 19.

SportingCP96

Supports
Stop feeding the troll guys.

I refuse to believe someone can be this daft so the only conclusion is he is trolling.

For his sake I truly hope he is trolling :lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I'd rate his season exactly the same if Dybala took the pens and scored over 20 goals with Ronaldo scoring 19.
That's a fantastic way of not answering at all a simple yes or no question

One scored 36 goals, the other 63... did the bitterness make you dyslexic?

Hopefully someone at United reads your points and they have the decency to cut the 2008 CL trophy in half to share it with Chelsea. Should probably give up this year's 4th place to Leicester too. Justice!

Mcking

:lol: :lol: 35 goals for Juve and 46 in all comps is like Caputo?

You should find a new sport to watch because you know nothing about football my friend.
Where has the 35 goals come from though? He has been lucky enough to have his teammates winning loads of pens. Caputo would have a few more than the 21 he has if he was in the same position.

SportingCP96

Supports
Scoring 30 percent of your team's goals as the leading forward is closer to nothing special.
If you can find another 35 year old in Europes top 5 leagues that scored 46 goals this season then come talk to me.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Where has the 35 goals come from though? He has been lucky enough to have his teammates winning loads of pens. Caputo would have a few more than the 21 he has if he was in the same position.
Only someone that hasn't watched either Sassuolo or Juventus play football all season could come up with this.

Sassuolo have more open play goals in Serie A than Juventus by the way :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
2020 truly is a bizarre year.

At this point I think I have heard it all.

Mcking

Only someone that hasn't watched either Sassuolo or Juventus play football all season could come up with this.

Sassuolo have more open play goals in Serie A than Juventus by the way :lol:
Not quite a few more I reckon. I wouldn't be head over heels for Caputo though for what it's worth.

acnumber9

Yeah, they’re still goals. I think continuing to score goals at that level after 14 years of playing at that level is special. You don’t. Good for you. You’re wrong.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Not quite a few more I reckon. I wouldn't be head over heels for Caputo though for what it's worth.
Of course, who needs Messi when you have Danny Ings, Ronaldo when you have Caputo and De Bruyne when you have Luis Alberto?

Seriously though, surely you realize just how incredibly stupid it is to divide goals between penalty goals and non-penalty goals??

90th minute of a title deciding match... a player goes past 3 challenges wins a penalty, buries it top corner. Team wins the league.

90th minute of a 8-0 win over Brescia... rebound in the box and it falls for a tap-in. 9-0 win.

Goal 2 still counts more than Goal 1?

Doesn't the fact that on your 'Caputo vs Ronaldo 19 goals count' you have Caputo's 5-0 goal against Genoa today but you don't have Ronaldo's winner vs Genoa in the 97th minute show you just how incredibly bad your argument is? The goal that was more important, took more skill and had an actual impact on the game doesn't count while the one that didn't counts.

Mcking

Ronaldo is absolutely sensational. What he is doing at his age is phenomenal. Sorry to say it but you have to be absolutely delusional to deny this. I can tolerate people having preferred players, maybe you prefer Messi or Best or whoever over Ronaldo, but we should not undermine his achievements.
What he is doing is commendable, but he has scored 12 of his 31 goals from penalties of which he was fouled for only two of them.

He has scored 30 percent of his team's goals. That's normal for a team's leading forward. There is no reason to go over the top.

Mcking

Of course, who needs Messi when you have Danny Ings, Ronaldo when you have Caputo and De Bruyne when you have Luis Alberto?

Seriously though, surely you realize just how incredibly stupid it is to divide goals between penalty goals and non-penalty goals??

90th minute of a title deciding match... a player goes past 3 challenges wins a penalty, buries it top corner. Team wins the league.

90th minute of a 8-0 win over Brescia... rebound in the box and it falls for a tap-in. 9-0 win.

Goal 2 still counts more than Goal 1?

Doesn't the fact that on your 'Caputo vs Ronaldo 19 goals count' you have Caputo's 5-0 goal against Genoa today but you don't have Ronaldo's winner vs Genoa in the 97th minute show you just how incredibly bad your argument is? The goal that was more important, took more skill and had an actual impact on the game doesn't count while the one that didn't counts.
You may need to go back to the first post I replied to.

Ronaldo's teammates would probably feel a bit hard done by having won him penalties in double figures but have some people wondering how he scored so much in an apparently poor team. If this Juve team is as poor as we are being made to believe, then Ronaldo has scored 19 goals in a poor team, not 31.

A few players in Juve's team probably could have scored those penalties of which they did well to win. Then no one would be talking about him carrying a poor team.

How has Ronaldo scored so much in a team as poor as Juve? They won penalties in double figures, and let him take them. That's as good an answer as you'd get.

Status
Not open for further replies.