Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

marktan

He was really poor today - gave the ball away a lot, failed to control it etc. I don't know if it's because he's been overplayed a lot but that was really bad.

I think he has to transition to a striker now, no top team can accommodate both Morata and Ronaldo starting. They had almost no width.

That said though the coaching was non existent, I dont think there was a single overlap by the full back when one of the wide players had the ball. It's basic stuff. If juventus came up against someone like Bayern or City they would get schooled.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Spend multimillions contracting one of the worlds best players and then sign an absolute amateur coach who doesn’t know what he is doing to manage them.

Sounds about right.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The move hasn't worked out for either party. Time for change

bakalhau

He didn't have his best game today. He's dragged his teams out of the mud in the CL countless times and no player can do that every single game.

What frustrates me is Juventus themselves. Barely any ball for the forwards in 120 minutes. Everyone is gonna go down hard on Ronaldo but if he's hired at 36 years old to score goals and no one provides the chances (I've watched every single game Juve for the last 3 years, and this year has been so bad for them when it comes to creating chances for their goalscorers), what the hell more can he do anyway?

His move out of Real Madrid only hurt himself and RM itself. And Juventus too.

el3mel

Imo neither him nor Juve benefited from each other. This wasn't a successful business for both sides despite his great numbers there.

He didn't manage to make a push for another CL with them and at the same Juve didn't win anything that they weren't winning before. It just looked like they bought for the Serie A or something.

Juve need to rebuild the whole squad and they're paying ton of money for one world class player surrounded by mediocrity. At this point they'll neither manage to rebuild the team nor he will be able to win a significant European trophy again.

Best for all parties to part away. Selling him will provide Juve with some money and free wages to rebuild the squad and Ronaldo joining a team like PSG for example will give him a better chance to win the CL for one last time.

At the moment it just feels like it's a transfer that neither parties benefited that much from it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Imo neither him nor Juve benefited from each other. This wasn't a successful business for both sides despite his great numbers there.

He didn't manage to make a push for another CL with them and at the same Juve didn't win anything win that they weren't winning before. It just looked like they bought for the Serie A or something.

Juve need to rebuild the whole squad and they're paying ton of money for one world class player surrounded mediocrity. At this point they'll neither manage to rebuild the team nor he will be able to win a significant European trophy again.

Best for all parties to part away. Selling him will provide Juve with some money and free wages to rebuild the squad and Ronaldo joining a team like PSG for example will give him a better chance to win the CL for one last time.

At the moment it just feels like it's a transfer that neither parties benefited that much from it.
120%%%%%

Bringing in Ronaldo but then having players in the squad that there peak level is Southampton is just ridiculous.

Ronaldo can score 30+ in his sleep but at least put decent players and a coach would be nice too.

I can only imagine the goals he would score in Bayern or PSG. He would be pissing goals.

SwedishFish

Can't stand in a wall, flaps with his legs.

Abysmal performance but he's not helped that Juventus midfield is absolute shite.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
It was always the wrong move. Juve needed to rejuvenate their squad, but they didn't. Ronaldo alone can't cover the increasing flaws in the squad at his age.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I cant see PSG making a move for him, especially in the likelihood of offering bigger contracts to their two main stars in Neymar and Mbappe.

There's only two teams who I think Ronaldo could potentially move to. One of them is us the other, maybe slightly left-field, is Chelsea.

Pocho

I want him playing along Messi at PSG, United or Barça. With a team playing for them.

Wayne's World

That was one of his worst performances, in terms of decision making, movement and his lack of control on the ball. Every second touch was a tackle.

Wonder is it all over the big man, which is no surprise at his age, can't going on forever

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He will still be good for a couple more seasons, i reckon, but mostly in the league, CL-knockouts isnt the place for older players to excell at.
We have seen the best of him in the CL, and i suspect the same is true for Messi, new generation is taking over, with Haaland leading the charge.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Well one thing is for sure. Ronaldo does not know how to build a wall.

Surely the caf can give advice?

marktan

I wouldn't be so sure... There's a young fella called Halaand that has just scored 20 goals in this first 14 CL games at 20 years of age.
Ronaldo had about 10 years of reaching the semi finals and finals in the CL consecutively between 2008 and 2018, and scoring consistently in every knock out round. Halland will struggle to match that imo.

Kazi

Juve would have won today if he was a top 5-6 player all time

Unfortunately for Juve, he’s only about top 9-10

Luke1995

At the end of the day, it was Ronaldo himself who asked Madrid to let him go to Juventus.

Where should he go ? I think he should stay. He doesn't need more champions leagues, he's got 5 already.

MrEleson

He’s 36. How many top 5-6 players were even still playing at this level at his age?

SportingCP96

Supports

He's top 3. In reality 1. Thats the irony of thus post.

wr8_utd

:'(
Absolutely awful transfer for all those involved. Juve anyway used to walk the league and now that's become more of a struggle than before, they were making CL finals before and now can't make the QF. It's been a bad transfer for Madrid, Juve and Ronaldo. He deserves a better club as well in the final years of his career.

Machine Elements

:lol::lol: no one bite on this silly bait
Obviously it was a tongue in cheek comment but seems it hurt your feelings. The reality is though Ronaldo's play has gone to shit in years. When you watch him his passing, dribbling etc. is shit now. It's only stat padding that's bailing him out now.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Knocked out by mid table level teams like Lyon and Porto. Massive mistake for Ronaldo to go to Juventus. He’s now suffering from what Messi suffered where he’s on an incompetent team. Ironically he’s been very mediocre this CL campaign but he’s far from an issue for Juventus. He should have never left Madrid. He’s just wasting his twilight years if he’s serious about CL

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Most shocking wall I've ever seen at this level. What on earth is Ronaldo doing?
I thought that Mastecard logo was shopped in as a joke about Ronaldo. Couldn’t quite figure it out though

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you honestly believe that Ronaldo is the best footballer on the planet at this moment in time? Serious question.
Right now? No I would say its Lewa but that's also credit to the team he plays in.

Ronaldo in Bayern scores the same if not more.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Go to PSG with Messi. Win the UCL after assisting a diving header for Messi who in return assists a long slalom run by Cristiano. Hold both your shirts up high and make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.