Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

He was really poor today - gave the ball away a lot, failed to control it etc. I don't know if it's because he's been overplayed a lot but that was really bad.

I think he has to transition to a striker now, no top team can accommodate both Morata and Ronaldo starting. They had almost no width.

That said though the coaching was non existent, I dont think there was a single overlap by the full back when one of the wide players had the ball. It's basic stuff. If juventus came up against someone like Bayern or City they would get schooled.
Pretty sure Cuadrado and Chiesa mostly did very well..... from these wings that we're apparently non-existent according to your post. Sandro too.

Though undoubtable helped by Porto going to 10.... a forward 2 in 2021 or Morata-Ronaldo is pretty goddamn insane though, however you look at it, I agree.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Obviously it was a tongue in cheek comment but seems it hurt your feelings. The reality is though Ronaldo's play has gone to shit in years. When you watch him his passing, dribbling etc. is shit now. It's only stat padding that's bailing him out now.
"stat padding"

This must be another tongue in cheek cause thats almost as bad as the first post.

Red00012

Take him on a free at the end of the season? Who’s in

he can replace Cavani

gibers

Right now? No I would say its Lewa but that's also credit to the team he plays in.

Ronaldo in Bayern scores the same if not more.
Fair enough.

Disagree. Ronaldo would make Bayern worse. Bayern work extremely hard for 90 minutes and have no passengers. Bayern would be worse overall as a team . There would be no added benefit but a few more drawbacks if you swapped him with Lewa.

KeanoMagicHat

I’m not sure what people actually expect of Messi and Ronaldo these days, they’re old and past their best and they have already won multiple CLs. Keep winning CLs for eternity? Ronaldo is 36, can’t expect the all action play of when he was 26. If he retires tomorrow he’s already the best CL record of all-time so what exactly do you expect him to add to that?

The one thing left in Ronaldo’s career to actually make a big difference on his legacy would be to win Golden Ball or Golden Boot at a World Cup. His CL legacy is secure.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Obviously it was a tongue in cheek comment but seems it hurt your feelings. The reality is though Ronaldo's play has gone to shit in years. When you watch him his passing, dribbling etc. is shit now. It's only stat padding that's bailing him out now.
How can you be shit and still stat pad? Reminds me of that moronic Bruno thread.

He was poor today and an embarrassment in that wall.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
With Cavani going it wouldn't Be insane to think there might be a situation where he could come here.

2 year deal. Have him retire after the 2022 World Cup season. Teach the young players how to be professional - maybe have an outside chance at a CL.

Who knows

TrustInOle

Go to PSG with Messi. Win the UCL after assisting a diving header for Messi who in return assists a long slalom run by Cristiano. Hold both your shirts up high and make out.
I would have loved to see them both line up as a striking pair before they go. 3-5-2 with Messi and Ronaldo upfront would have been tasty.

SportingCP96

Supports
Fair enough.

Disagree. Ronaldo would make Bayern worse. Bayern work extremely hard for 90 minutes and have no passengers. Bayern would be worse overall as a team . There would be no added benefit but a few more drawbacks if you swapped him with Lewa.
You would get a better and more clinical goal scorer. Lewa does not exactly do a lot of pressing.

Respect your answer and opinion though.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Remember his stans would say what put him above a certain other player was the Champions League stuff? Since he left Real Madrid he's been put out early by Ajax, Lyon and Porto. And they had the audacity to claim it was he who shall not be named that was reliant on a specific set of teammates! :nono:

SportingCP96

Supports
Remember his stans would say what put him above a certain other player was the Champions League stuff? Since he left Real Madrid he's been put out early by Ajax, Lyon and Porto. And they had the audacity to claim it was he who shall not be named that was reliant on a specific set of teammates! :nono:
How does this help your opinion. He went to a significantly worse team. He essentially shot himself in the leg before the race started. This Barca team is miles on miles better then this Juve team and they are on the same situation.

There is no better or bigger Champions league player in the entire history of the CL then Cristiano Ronaldo and that’s not even a debate.

JJ12

You would get a better and more clinical goal scorer. Lewa does not exactly do a lot of pressing.

Respect your answer and opinion though.
Lewandowski is currently better than Ronaldo, comfortably.

Ronaldo is ageing and it is remarkable it has taken this long to see a drop off. He’s still a decent top level player, just not at the very top anymore.

bakalhau

He was poor today no doubt. However this Juve team is god awful. Ramsey and Rabiot are pins in the midfield.

Bernadeschi? Morata? Bentancur?

Literally a clown show of a team. He is wasting away his years at thus club.
Yeah.

Before going on, I've also admitted in previous page he didn't really play well today.

With that said, I'm sorry for sounding harsh but this team plays so, so badly. I know Ronaldo isn't the issue here. In fact, I've been constantly blown away of the numbers he's put up this season.

I have little doubt he'd still be banging 50 goals in any DECENT attacking team. This is part of a striker's life. Can't always have the best around you. Don't be fooled though, this guy is on track to nearly 40 goals this season which is nothing short of amazing, considering how bad Juve are.

He truly is wasting away his last years there.

A malta da Juventus da direcção não têm vergonha no que vêem meu :( é incrível...

JJ12

Nothing to do with him being in his mid 30’s?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
80million a year going for his salary could have gone for at least 2-3 very good players. But hey at leas they have a goat in their ranks

SportingCP96

Supports
Lewandowski is currently better than Ronaldo, comfortably.

Ronaldo is ageing and it is remarkable it has taken this long to see a drop off. He’s still a decent top level player, just not at the very top anymore.
My rebuttal is he is scoring 30 in a dog shite team which creates the fewest chances out of Europe’s top teams, imagine if he was in Bayern with the players they have. 45-50 piece comfortably .

SportingCP96

Supports
I guess they think scoring goals is stat padding. Bruno is another of those awful stat padders.
The things you read on here make me scratch my head sometimes.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah.

Before going on, I've also admitted in previous page he didn't really play well today.

With that said, I'm sorry for sounding harsh but this team plays so, so badly. I know Ronaldo isn't the issue here. In fact, I've been constantly blown away of the numbers he's put up this season.

I have little doubt he'd still be banging 50 goals in any DECENT attacking team. This is part of a striker's life. Can't always have the best around you. Don't be fooled though, this guy is on track to nearly 40 goals this season which is nothing short of amazing, considering how bad Juve are.

He truly is wasting away his last years there.

A malta da Juventus da direcção não têm vergonha no que vêem meu :( é incrível...
In Bayern he would be scoring 50 goals. Same with PSG. People are blinded by how bad this team is.

wr8_utd

:'(
Not quite sure why people are suddenly choosing today to pick on Ronaldo's performance? This is how he plays but he usually has a goal or two to go with it. You've got to accept he won't be that good in game but he'll get you goals. Juve need better players around him if they really want to maximize his presence but I have a feeling they'll be happy enough to let him go and rebuild.

SwedishFish

My rebuttal is he is scoring 30 in a dog shite team which creates the fewest chances out of Europe’s top teams, imagine if he was in Bayern with the players they have. 45-50 piece comfortably .
I think you're underestimating the Bundesliga. He'd do well no doubt about that but not that well.

He wasn't playing a great team tonight but he was completely of the mark in both ties against Porto.

He just seems to have lost that bit of taking 2-3 players on to get into position, there were a few instances in the game tonight where he instead just played the ball on where in the old days he'd have a go and take a shot.

SportingCP96

Supports
I think you're underestimating the Bundesliga. He'd do well no doubt about that but not that well.

He wasn't playing a great team tonight but he was completely of the mark in both ties against Porto.

He just seems to have lost that bit of taking 2-3 players on to get into position, there were a few instances in the game tonight where he instead just played the ball on where in the old days he'd have a go and take a shot.
He’s a better finisher and scored then Lewa I don’t see how he does not go there in bang in 50. He is scoring 30 possibly 40 this season with players pole Ramsey and berna and morara. It’s a joke of lineup.

SwedishFish

Not quite sure why people are suddenly choosing today to pick on Ronaldo's performance? This is how he plays but he usually has a goal or two to go with it. You've got to accept he won't be that good in game but he'll get you goals. Juve need better players around him if they really want to maximize his presence but I have a feeling they'll be happy enough to let him go and rebuild.
Because it's the Champions League. This is what Ronaldo was brought to Juventus for and his only really good action tonight was setting up Chiesa for one of the goals but other than that he was bullied out of the game and didn't seem to have that desire we're used to seeing from him.

DaGOAT

Right now? No I would say its Lewa but that's also credit to the team he plays in.

Ronaldo in Bayern scores the same if not more.
Messi in Bayern also scores and assists more. Messi is still better than Ronaldo.

SwedishFish

He’s a better finisher and scored then Lewa I don’t see how he does not go there in bang in 50. He is scoring 30 possibly 40 this season with players pole Ramsey and berna and morara. It’s a joke of lineup.
He doesn't score them like Lewandowski does at the moment.

Yes, Juventus are not up for it, clearly. But they coasted the Italian league last year and Lewandowski was the better player then too.

He's 36 and hasn't put up the type of performances he did for Real Madrid the last three seasons, perhaps he's aging, or perhaps he needs to go someplace else. Perhaps a bit of both.

He's still a cracking player when he feels up for it, it's just not as common these days as it used to be.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's 36 and hasn't put up the type of performances he did for Real Madrid the last three seasons, perhaps he's aging, or perhaps he needs to go someplace else. Perhaps a bit of both.
He has. The only difference is it hasn't mattered

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its a strange one, my Juventus supporting workmates are quite indifferent to him. They don't care if he leaves

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Cristiano is easily the biggest disappointment in Juve's history (relatively to the expectations).

He gets paid €31m per season (by far the highest salary in Serie A).

When CR7 joined Juve, people said he would bring them UCL-titles like he did with Real Madrid.

After all, CR7 was the driving force of Real Madrid's UCL dynasty with 4 titles in 5 years.

But Juve haven't got past Round of 16 in last two seasons.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How does this help your opinion. He went to a significantly worse team. He essentially shot himself in the leg before the race started. This Barca team is miles on miles better then this Juve team and they are on the same situation.

There is no better or bigger Champions league player in the entire history of the CL then Cristiano Ronaldo and that’s not even a debate.
Ronaldo has never had a backline as piss poor as Messi has had in recent years. But I agree Juventus is shite, not Ronaldo's fault. He needs a midfield, and Messi needs a defense.

bakalhau

Glad to see I'm not the only one saying the same here. Of course, you're the guy's biggest fan I have ever seen and I am a big one too, but I know we both watch all of Juve's games and I know we are being extremely sincere when we say it's an actual achievement he's gonna score some 35 or 40 goals this season with such a bad attacking team, and that in a decent attacking team he'd have another 10 goals on top.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Name the 9 players that have been better than him.
This season?

Lewandowski, Haaland, Mbappé, Neymar. That's it i'd say. Likes of Messi, Suarez, Kane, Lukaku, Ibra, Grealish, Bruno have been on a similar level, but wouldn't say better

padr81

Supports
Man City
In Bayern he would be scoring 50 goals. Same with PSG. People are blinded by how bad this team is.
Nonsense. Lewa is currently the better player. Age catches everyone and it looks like while he's still phenomenal, he's not the player he was. No shame in that, he's one of the best of all time, still the best in Serie A and one of the top 4 or 5 players in the world. He's just not at Lewa's level. Lewa has improved, Ronnie has declined, its hardly a travesty relax.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

Are Juventus also "significantly worse" than Ajax, Lyon and Porto? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.