Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Some Man Utd(Ronaldo) fans upset at this decision because they won’t get to see him at OT. Mental. Brilliant news for us.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
People here defending the ref’s decision :lol::lol::lol:

You can’t make this up. That was a red directly from the German media.

He obviously won’t get suspended any game.
You care to tell me what the German media has to do with this? I have not seen the incident, but I really doubt German media leaking confidential information about Ronaldo's tax and legal dealings have anything to do with Ronaldo getting sent off in a match Valencia vs Juve, in Spain, with no German side in the group. Other wise I have no idea what you are on about.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
You care to tell me what the German media has to do with this? I have not seen the incident, but I really doubt German media leaking confidential information about Ronaldo's tax and legal dealings have anything to do with Ronaldo getting sent off in a match Valencia vs Juve, in Spain, with no German side in the group. Other wise I have no idea what you are on about.
Nothing to do with that, I didn’t even know German media had anything to do with that.

German media’s disdain for Ronaldo is well known, that’s all. I don’t actually mean that he got directly sent off because of it...

SirAF

Ageist
Nothing to do with that, I didn’t even know German media had anything to do with that.

German media’s disdain for Ronaldo is well known, that’s all. I don’t actually mean that he got directly sent off because of it...

You would have to be pretty defensive to think that’s actually what you meant.

Hamnat

A red for that is beyond harsh. Sure he shouldn't have touched him even though he had just flopped to the ground under no contact. But that isn't even a yellow

Nick7

Some Man Utd(Ronaldo) fans upset at this decision because they won’t get to see him at OT. Mental. Brilliant news for us.
One can think the decision was a joke but be happy he won't be playing against us.

Karappa

I can't remember a red card ever being overturned in a UEFA competition (unless it's mistaken identity) so he will 100% be suspended for one game. Nevertheless, the decision was a joke by a German refereeing team that has been lambasted for years in their media now how Ronaldo is an egocentric peacock... Truth is if it's the other way around no one would demand a red card but people would laugh about how someone dared to mess with Ronaldo's hair...

But when you see that Aytekin is back in the CL again one has to fear the worst. German refs, from Hoyzer to Stark to Aytekin to Brych have a tradition of being terrible or even worse (Hoyzer was a criminal, Stark just proved that even with TV pictures he can't get it right and was banned from being VAR ref, Aytekin was the one that gifted Barca their record comeback over PSG and is regarded as arrogant by players in the German league and Brych is just weak, that's why he melts away in games like today or at the World Cup).

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
It is going to be a 1 game ban 100%.
Just because a red card cannot be appealed otherwise we would have easily won that.

It is not violent conduct as nothing at all happened. It was a big mistake from the ref assistant, he will remember his mistake for quite some time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just saw a good angle of it

Yeah, feel the power of Florentino Perez :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

Terrible decision. Wasn’t even a yellow, never mind a red.

Both Rio & Scholes said it’s only a 1 match ban? Thought violent conduct straight reds are 3 match bans? Similar to Rashford @ Burnley

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The sending off was the least of the ref’s mistakes. Horrendous refereeing performance, don’t remember the last time I’ve seen such a poor ref performance at a stage like this.

Brych was the ref for Switzerland-Serbia at the World Cup too.

It’s time for the CL to get VAR

WhoAreYou?

Supports
Barcelona
So, there is a picture floating around of him grabbing the opponents hair. Cant post images so here is the link.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
So BT saying it’s one match unless UEFA decide to extended it - not an automatic three like in the Premier League. Given that, he’ll be available for Old Trafford; no way UEFA will want him missing that one.

Reddy Rederson

Just saw it. He’s went for a hair grab which is violent conduct regardless of how much effort he’s put into it. Maybe red is harsh, but what the feck is doing trying grab someone’s hair in the first place? Idiot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pretty sure violent conduct reds in european competitions are just one match bans unless Uefa specifically increase the suspension.

el3mel

Watching it now, it's surely a soft red but why the hell he did that from the start ? Completely unnecessary. You're not at Madrid anymore to escape these antics. It should have been a yellow but you don't give ref a chance.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Shouldn’t be a suspension at all but given the next match is against Young Boys at home, a 1 game suspension or no suspension at all is pretty much the same.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Against Valencia and Roma who are both struggling in their respective leagues. Didn't know it would be such a huge task for them without CR.
Madrid didn’t need him for the semi final or final either last year or 2014 CL final, neither did Portugal in the final

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Absolutely. At least for the KO stages. This red card was a farce, ref and assistants should not be allowed near another CL game
I don’t think they can justify using it only half way through the tournament.

After the WC success, it’s bonkers how they decided not to use it in the Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.