Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimalist

LOL at that red card.

He could have killed the boy...

Just wish these things were more consistent - definitely seen players get away with worse than that.

Should appeal that and win easily.

Karappa

I have been critical of Ronaldo this season but this red card was absolutely ridiculous... German referee trying to stamp his mark on the match - and it has to be said Ronaldo has a very bad reputation in Germany and that referee team bought into it. If anything it's a yellow and even that is a reach, if we send people off for stuff like this games end 7 versus 7... Never a red card, German refs are among the worst in the world - and it's no surprise this one got only one game at the World Cup...

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
It looked like the defender made a meal of it, and it was a pretty tame red card. However, when you've rolled around on the floor so many times during your career:

I believe the expression is...what goes around comes around.

TommiHelm

Looked like he kicked out at the Valencia player with his left foot to begin with. Looked pretty deliberate to me, although not nearly enough to go down the way he did in my opinion. But it's not like Ronaldo (or most professional footballers today) wouldn't have done the same if he was on the receiving end. If that's the one the referee gives the red for it's violent conduct and he'll miss the game at Old Trafford I guess.

cyberman

Its his own fault. A kick out, a bit of an elbow and hair pulling is pure stupidity.
The terrible camera angle would even work against an appeal.

SirAF

Ageist
You don’t reckon Juve might fancy appealing that?
I’m not up to date on those rules, but I’m fairly certain it’s quite difficult to have it overturned.

In other news, the gloating in here is pretty pathetic :lol:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I have been critical of Ronaldo this season but this red card was absolutely ridiculous... German referee trying to stamp his mark on the match - and it has to be said Ronaldo has a very bad reputation in Germany and that referee team bought into it. If anything it's a yellow and even that is a reach, if we send people off for stuff like this games end 7 versus 7... Never a red card, German refs are among the worst in the world - and it's no surprise this one got only one game at the World Cup...
The ref had his back to it. It was given by the one on the goal line, probably.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Weak red card. That's the ref showing who's boss and showing he isn't "afraid" to send off CR7. As much as I don't want to face him, I do want to see his return to OT and a part of me hopes it gets rescinded...

AgentP

Red card in CL is a 3-match ban? I hope it doesn't get rescinded. It would be nice to see Ronaldo back at OT but nothing is more important than United doing well.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
People here defending the ref’s decision :lol::lol::lol:

You can’t make this up. That was a red directly from the German media.

He obviously won’t get suspended any game.

marktan

That wasn't even a yellow, ridiculous decision.

I feel for him, got sent over at the start of last season against Barca and ended up missing 5 games for absolutely nothing, and now has to miss 3 games in the CL because of more incompetent refereeing. It's ridiculous really.

MrEleson

My god, crying for getting sent off... I thought it was bad crying when losing a game but for getting sent off! Man up!!!
Should be praising him for this. Shows how much he lives for the game despite the countless amount of records he's broken and awards he's won.

Status
Not open for further replies.