Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

And both were in games that he "needed" to play, from what I can remember he didn't show up in that Europe charity game at Old Trafford either. Isn't that telling you something? Maybe he simply doesn't care about United as some of you might think.
That 'Europe charity game' was Michael Carricks testimonial, held 4th June 2017, the CL Final 2017 which Ronaldo played in and won, was held 3rd June 2017. That's why he didn't play but sure, cause he didn't play in that game he doesn't love United.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
He's only crying because Messi is now 3 goals ahead of him and the suspension will seriously impact his chances of being top scorer in the competition
Messi doesn't score past the quarter finals so it's all good. Ronaldo will still top the CL as top scorer. Earth will still rotate.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Messi doesn't score past the quarter finals so it's all good. Ronaldo will still top the CL as top scorer. Earth will still rotate.
And Ronaldo won’t have Ramos or Marcelo to carry him when he only had one decent CL final in nearly ten years

Micky Targaryen

Does he actually pull a clump of the guy’s hair out??
Think it's not about whether he actually pulled a clump out. It's about the intention. Like how Scholes got sent off once for punching the air in the direction of Xabi Alonso. Whether it's deserving of a red or yellow card is another matter.

LolYo

Ronaldo missing the game is not a big deal. We'll still have to deal with Dybala and that cnut Mandzukic who always shows up in big games. Juventus are top 5 in the world, the only team that seems to be able to consistently beat them was Madrid so they decided to buy their best player :lol:

Hahahahahaha

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
And Ronaldo won’t have Ramos or Marcelo to carry him when he only had one decent CL final in nearly ten years
As opposed to who? To play well in Champions League finals you actually have to get to the Champions League final.

When Ronaldo didn’t have Marcelo and Ramos carrying him through, Eder did the job too. Lucky Ronaldo... now imagine if he was playing for the best team in football history. Maybe those could carry him to a few more titles too.

One would have thought that now that Ronaldo left Madrid, things would be different and the stream of incredibly bitter comments would at least slow down... you don’t actually support Barcelona, do you?

RoyH1

I think we should hope he does play in that game, clearly they are better without him.
I wouldn't go as far as saying as they are better without him, but they definitely don't lose a beat. Well drilled, compact team with lots of options. Buying Ronaldo was more about the PR effect and disarming Real Madrid who has been their nemesis in the CL

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
A final they would never even have sniffed without Ronaldo:) Its ok in the last 5 years Messi was in 4 CL finals and was top scorer for all of them....ohh....wait...

Dont say nonsense like that.

steffyr2

If this is a straight red card then Jesus Christ that Juve player is right is this a game being played by men or females ?
I'm waiting for the next game where the players all run around shrieking, "He touched my haaa-iiiirrrr!"

Note that female players don't do that.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm waiting for the next game where the players all run around shrieking, "He touched my haaa-iiiirrrr!"

Note that female players don't do that.
Aha I know but its a joke that that can even be considered a straight red in a contact sport its a joke.

gingerless

If this is a straight red card then Jesus Christ that Juve player is right is this a game being played by men or females ?
I don't think it's about how much damage you've done to the other player, rather the act of pulling someone's hair or intentionally attacking them in that way you just can't have people doing that during a match. That belongs in cat fights not football

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I don't think it's about how much damage you've done to the other player, rather the act of pulling someone's hair or intentionally attacking them in that way you just can't have people doing that during a match. That belongs in cat fights not football
I agree, at first it seemed stupid to me but that angle shows a nasty pull. Players get red carded for slaps in the face too and it's not like it does damage.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes but that "pull" wasn't even a pull and if you want to penalize him at LEAST a yellow but a straight red ? never is that a straight red.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
As for "men's game", that's just the same macho bullshit that criticizes Ronaldo for crying, which I think it's a stupid thing to criticize him for.

Point is it's not an acceptable behavior and you see players getting sent off for elbows, slaps, shoves and the like. This is no different at all. Had it been a yellow card we would have forgotten about it by now as it was nothing serious but you can't be surprised that it's a red card either.

Karappa

Well, time to get over the red card and focus on the facts:

CL goals 2018/19 by Mariano: 1
CL goals 2018/19 by Ronaldo: 0

:D

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I wonder how our current dressing room would react to 'no fouls' training? Just shows how much of a beast Ronaldo is when it comes to applying himself.

Suedesi

The mental gymnastics to conclude that he didn't go to that charity game because he doesn't give a shit about Manchester United is really incredible. He clearly cares. He played 6 years there, won everything and United obviously played a huge part in his life. He played 300 games for the club ffs. He does nothing but say great things about United every time he's interviewed.

Is it really that shocking that Manchester United fans want to see Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford one last time? Really? What's more shocking to me is how many people here seem to be offended by the idea. For every fan that is bitter at him leaving to a team that was paying him 4 times as much, there will be a thousand fans wanting to show him gratitude for playing such a big part in what was a beautiful era for the club.
I simply think after a relatively poor start in Serie A, Ronaldo wanted to have a strong start in the CL to save any chance he has to get the Ballon D'Or. He is not getting it now (Messi, Modric or Salah will probably get that now) and that's what's pissing him off to the point of crying. OT simply didn't enter his equation, let's get real.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Cham...ns-league-cristiano-ronaldo-30034507254.shtml

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I simply think after a relatively poor start in Serie A, Ronaldo wanted to have a strong start in the CL to save any chance he has to get the Ballon D'Or. He is not getting it now (Messi, Modric or Salah will probably get that now) and that's what's pissing him off to the point of crying. OT simply didn't enter his equation, let's get real.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Cham...ns-league-cristiano-ronaldo-30034507254.shtml
What poor start? Salah and Modric both started the season a lot worse than he did... it has been a good start in a Juve shirt for him. 2 goals in 4 matches isn't great but if you've watched the matches it's beyond obvious how quickly that will change.

He's the big favourite to win the Ballon D'Or still, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You say with absolute certainty that he's not winning it while he's the big favourite on every betting agency. Why would missing 2 CL group stage games due to a wrong sending off impact his Ballon D'Or chances at all?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
What poor start? Salah and Modric both started the season a lot worse than he did... it has been a good start in a Juve shirt for him. 2 goals in 4 matches isn't great but if you've watched the matches it's beyond obvious how quickly that will change.

He's the big favourite to win the Ballon D'Or still, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You say with absolute certainty that he's not winning it while he's the big favourite on every betting agency. Why would missing 2 CL group stage games due to a wrong sending off impact his Ballon D'Or chances at all?
Kicking and pulling someone's hair it's a wrong send off :lol:.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Kicking and pulling someone's hair it's a wrong send off :lol:.
Thinking that’s a correct sending off says it all about your opinions on Cristiano Ronaldo really...

Pulling hair involves actually grabbing the hair, not cupping someone’s head.

They’ll review it and they’ll agree which is why there’s absolutely no chance he’s going to get a 3 match suspension.

Look at the video... if he’s pulling Murillo’s hair then he must be the first human in history to be able to grab things without using his thumb or bending his fingers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClassicMessi10/status/1042523509992431617/video/1

Last edited:

Suedesi

Because it's the biggest effing club competition, and if he's not playing 2 games it affects his chances of winning Ballon D'or. That's what he ultimately craves for - the recognition.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Thinking that’s a correct sending off says it all about your opinions on Cristiano Ronaldo really...

Pulling hair involves actually grabbing the hair, not cupping someone’s head.

They’ll review it and they’ll agree which is why there’s absolutely no chance he’s going to get a 3 match suspension.
You can't pull someone's hair if it's too short and wet from sweat, you can actually try to pull it, and you're leaving outside that he also kicked him at the start of the action, or maybe you're just going to say that's his natural running motion?.

Would you say the same if Suarez tried to bite someone but missed? "This is a contact sport", "Biting involves actually getting meat between your teeth".

And my opinions on him are based on facts, he likes to gift some punishment every once in a while, that's something known for anyone that has followed him for more than a decade.

Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he gets caught and sent off, like most forwards who try to compensate the roughness of the defenders with some roughness of their own.

Murillo was trying to get into Ronaldo's head from the kick off, he achieved it and Ronaldo lost it for a moment, that's it. I don't get the drama either way, to crucify him for something that can happen to any player, or to say he didn't do/try to do something he obviusly did.

Giggsyking

I cant understand those who is trying so hard to justify the red card. He kicked a player on his leg and after the player fell he went and pulled his hair, multiple offences and defiantly will get a 3 match ban.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

I agree, I think Ronaldo is still the heavy favorite. Modric is still fatigued from the WC and Salah has been good but not great to start off this season.

By the way, I'll be seeing you main man Ronaldo in Udinese in 2 weeks. I'll also be making the pilgrimage to Camp Nou next weekend and then catch Napoli vs Liverpool. My first taste of European football.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
You can't pull someone's hair if it's too short and wet from sweat, you can actually try to pull it, and you're leaving outside that he also kicked him at the start of the action, or maybe you're just going to say that's his natural running motion?.

Would you say the same if Suarez tried to bite someone but missed? "This is a contact sport", "Biting involves actually getting meat between your teeth".

And my opinions on him are based on facts, he likes to gift some punishment every once in a while, that's something known for anyone that has followed him for more than a decade.

Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he gets caught and sent off, like most forwards who try to compensate the roughness of the defenders with some roughness of their own.

Murillo was trying to get into Ronaldo's head from the kick off, he achieved it and Ronaldo lost it for a moment, that's it. I don't get the drama either way, to crucify him for something that can happen to any player, or to say he didn't do/try to do something he obviusly did.
There’s drama because he was sent off for something that’s not a sending off and most people agree which is why he’s not going to be suspended for 3 games...

It’s also the second season in a row starting this way.

If that kick is worthy of a red card then I have no clue what sport you’re watching btw.
Giving the example of Suarez trying to bite someone as a comparison is just clueless. It’s one thing to attempt to hit someone with force and misshit, it’s another to hit someone while barely touching him which happens all the time in football... otherwise everytime a foul was made on purpose or a player pushed another they’d be sent off too.

Just because a player hits another on purpose doesn’t make it violent conduct or a red card.

Bringing up incidents from years go completely unrelated to the matter at hand is just silly and makes it even worse. You Barcelona fans were supposed to ease off now that Ronaldo left Madrid. What happened? Aren’t you supposed to be after Bale or Modric now? ;)

Seriously though, worst case scenario he should have seen two yellows, one for the kick and one for the head cupping. Never a straight red.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.