Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I agree, I think Ronaldo is still the heavy favorite. Modric is still fatigued from the WC and Salah has been good but not great to start off this season.

By the way, I'll be seeing you main man Ronaldo in Udinese in 2 weeks. I'll also be making the pilgrimage to Camp Nou next weekend and then catch Napoli vs Liverpool. My first taste of European football.
That sounds great. Italian stadiums will probably be a bit of a let down but you’ve picked some great matches.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
That sounds great. Italian stadiums will probably be a bit of a let down but you’ve picked some great matches.
Yeah the Napoli stadium looks very rundown although the fans seem great/insane

AaronRedDevil

Uefa has opened disciplinary proceedings against Ronaldo and European football's governing body will deal with the case on 27 September.
Thanks. I hope he plays, I'm going to the match. He was the only reason I considered going to the match. To see one of the best players live. While I still can haha

steffyr2

That vid looks like he scratched his scalp vs pulling his hair. Still violent, but ..........

It's a man's game, but that seemed to be a girl's catfight move.
It looks like one of the players at the top of the screen grabbed the other players arm, and maybe scratched him. Can he be retrospectively red carded?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The whole of Naples is quite tatty tbh. Camp Nou is way uglier from the outside than you expect too.
Yeah I’ve heard Naples is quite grimy but I imagine that CL match should have a great atmosphere

Surprised to hear that about camp nou, hopefully the inside looks great in person

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yeah I’ve heard Naples is quite grimy but I imagine that CL match should have a great atmosphere

Surprised to hear that about camp nou, hopefully the inside looks great in person
Camp Nou is a concrete monster. The Spanish mega-stadiums are weird- they don't look that big from outside, then you go in and realise the pitch is way below ground level and they are colossal. Bernabeu looks crappy from outside too.
I saw Ajax at both grounds in the UCL- atmos not amazing cos they were both easy wins. Atmos at PSG in UCL and Amsterdam Arena was amazing though- was surprised by PSG, but it was great with the two stands bouncing a chant off each other- never seen that work as well anywhere tbh.

kidbob

If Rashford can get sent off for putting his forehead against another players forehead then Ronaldo more than deserves a ban. I don't agree with it but what he done was worse than what Rashford did by far. Plus I sure as hell hope it's a 3 match ban so we so't have to deal with him in our games. One homecoming was more than enough for me. Anyway football has become too soft, I've seen worse in an under 10s GAA game than what someone gets sent off for now.

tedketterman

I am yes. Went to 2 games before. Arsenal, where Wenger got sent to the stands. Was a couple of rows behind him. And Blackpool when Utd lifted the 19th PL trophy
So Ronaldo was the only reason you considered going to a United game? As someone who can't afford to go to every game, that irks me. It irks me good. To each their own or whatever, but I find that irksome.

The Firestarter

Hope you aren’t sat high up, some videos going round on Twitter today make it look like a death trap :lol:

Edit: here you go

If that was the Coliseum during Roman times they would've closed for being too dangerous. How the feck is this allowed in 2018?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Hope you aren’t sat high up, some videos going round on Twitter today make it look like a death trap :lol:

I have seen that before haha can’t believe a 1990 World Cup was hosted there

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
So Ronaldo was the only reason you considered going to a United game? As someone who can't afford to go to every game, that irks me. It irks me good. To each their own or whatever, but I find that irksome.
Ronaldo is the only reason I’m going to a match in Udinese and I don’t even like the guy!

AaronRedDevil

The reason is going to see United play aswel. I'm going to see United and Ronaldo in the same match (hopefully)so it's a win win. What's hard to understand....

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nothing come out yet?

Or is it just a case that it's the standard 1 match ban for the red, and they're not even reviewing it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Needs a massive "Mind the gap" sign there!
The whole structure looks like it's fragile as can be too.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
GOAT he is adapting to Juve slowly finding his form.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Jesus. I kind of thought Camp Nou and Bernabeu are a bit dangerous too as they're so damned steep and high-sided. If you fell over the edge you'd be fecked.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Holy shit, how are they getting away with this level of "safety"?!?!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
3 goals 1 assist in 5 games, 100% win record. New league, new country and new teammates. Not a bad start.

enigmista

Supports
Juventus
It is not the super competitive league it was in the 90s but scoring in Italy is always difficult. Most teams when playing Juventus park the bus, and they know how to do it properly. Take a look at the last 30 minutes of Valencia vs Juve. When Juventus decided to just defend the spaniards had no idea how to break through, because they are not used to it.

Now that Ronaldo is here, this is even more accentuated, teams take pride in not being scored by him. Hopefully as the season goes on, the novelty effect will fade and we will be able to see some decent football.

Status
Not open for further replies.