Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Clearly there are two sets of rules.. 1 game ban just ain't enough when the ref showed him red..
Shame. Was hoping he'd be treated like everyone else.
Red card is a one game ban in european competitions... might want to actually check the rules before making comments like that.

Especially when it wasn't even a red card in the first place.

Issun

Red card is a one game ban in european competitions... might want to actually check the rules before making comments like that.

If he had been treated like everyone else he wouldn't have even gotten that red card.
Disgraceful comments for people that fancy themselves 'sport fans' those.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Bailly disagree's with you

Trizy

Delighted.

We're not gonna win feck all anyway so we might as well give Ronaldo one final hurray at Old Trafford.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Yeah, I know. Tongue in cheek. Was just hoping to avoid the goal machine.

If he had been treated like everyone else he wouldn't have even gotten that red card.
Disgraceful comments for people that fancy themselves 'sport fans' those.
That sir is an affront, I have never fancied myself a sports fan.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Clearly there are two sets of rules.. 1 game ban just ain't enough when the ref showed him red..
I don't get it either. I thought 2 yellow is minimum one game, and direct red card is two games minimum in CL?

Moonred

I don't get it either. I thought 2 yellow is minimum one game, and direct red card is two games minimum in CL?
No. A red is a one game ban. Potentially has the option to be extended if it’s serious. This clearly wasn’t serious and ruling makes sense as much as I would have preferred to face a Ronaldo less Juve.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
No. A red is a one game ban. Potentially has the option to be extended if it’s serious. This clearly wasn’t serious and ruling makes sense as much as I would have preferred to face a Ronaldo less Juve.
Weird. Two yellow card and direct red card are both one game bans.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I want him to play against us, so people have no excuse if we win. What if we lose you ask? well, we'll have more excuse. It's a win-win situation. :wenger:

UncleBob

Then why did he pay her $375000 NDA
The obvious reason would be that claims like that have the potential to do massive damage in regards to his general image, could lose a lot more money on loss of commercial activities. Doesn't imply anything else than Ronaldo not wanting this to go public. We'll see what happens, would surprise me a lot if Ronaldo told his lawyers that she said no

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Delighted.

We're not gonna win feck all anyway so we might as well give Ronaldo one final hurray at Old Trafford.
I can't understand this. I really can't. Cristiano "slave" Ronaldo basically made transfer request to leave and fans love him. Tevez who wanted to stay but was forced to leave is the most hated ex player. I don't get it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can't understand this. I really can't. Cristiano "slave" Ronaldo basically made transfer request to leave and fans love him. Tevez who wanted to stay but was forced to leave is the most hated ex player. I don't get it.
I put this together years ago and pull it out occasionally for completely misinformed posts like this.

After hearing Tevez spout off shit for so long I decided to put together a timeline of all that was said and done.

Here is why Carlos Tevez is a mercenary mary poppin that deserves no sympathy:

I still see alot of United fan's, blaming United and Ferguson for the loss of Carlos Tevez to our biggest rivals. If we take a look at the timeline of events, is it so clear?

August 2007 - Tevez signs for United. United's attack consists of Rooney, Saha, Tevez, Ronaldo.

May 2008 - United lift European Cup to compliment the Premiership trophy.

August 2008 -
Perenial Injury victim Louis Saha looks on his way out as a squad with just Rooney and Tevez as recognised strikers with Ronaldo (who it is now known was playing his last season with us, something Fergie already knew).

Ferguson knew he would need to add another striker and as he is a manager always looking to the future he felt another dimension
was needed which is why he felt he should bring in Berbatov.

August 2008 - Berbatov signs, seeing that we have Rooney - Tevez and Berbatov with a soon to be leaving Ronaldo as our attack.

December 5th 2008 -
There is no imminent prospect of Tevez signing a contract, despite a series of negotiations between the player's adviser Kia Joorabchian and United chief executive David Gill.

Having been through such difficulties many times before, not least with former captain Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand – who was famously heckled during a pre-season tour of Asia four years ago as he delayed signing a lucrative extension – Ferguson remains calm about the situation.

"It doesn't frustrate me," he said. "I have been used to it over the years. You just have to be patient.

"It is not as if we have been short of negotiations. But I think we all know they can take a long time, and this one is just going along.

"David has been talking to his agent, so it is best left to him."
So..... We weren't making any effort to sign him? December 2008 and Carlos and his agent are being "difficult".

December 16th 2008 -
“We have been talking about it and everything is very advanced, as a consequence I think it will be sorted soon.
I feel respected by my team-mates and by the staff.”
- Carlos Tevez.
January 4th 2009 -
“We have not started talks with Manchester United yet, though I am keen to stay. Sir Alex Ferguson has told me he wants me to remain a United player and that is certainly my desire too. My contract ends in the summer and we have agreed to sit down at the end of the season and discuss a new contract, nothing I have heard from the club suggests it will be otherwise. There is simply no reason to sit down now.
I have a great relationship with Sir Alex and I hope that will continue long into the future.”
- Carlos Tevez
April 2nd 2009 -
“From the moment I arrived, he has treated me with respect as a person. His greatest quality is that, for him, there are no star players - everyone is equal, whether they cost many millions or are a young player who hasn’t played many times for the team. When I see him work
he reminds me of Carlos Bianchi, who was my coach at Boca Juniors in Argentina. Both have had a big influence on my career,
and both know how to treat people.”
- Carlos Tevez.
May 10th 2009 -

"Now it's time for me to think about my future," Tevez says.

"It's not as if I feel I have walked out of Manchester United or done something wrong. I have done everything I possibly could at Manchester but they have not offered me a contract.

I have a great relationship with the fans and I think that everyone will understand that wherever I go I give 100 per cent – at United, like I did at West Ham, at Corinthians, at Boca.

I am leaving because the circumstances have created a situation forcing me to leave.I want to be very clear. In the two years I have been at Manchester United I have read that I have asked for '£6 million, £9 million, £12 million, £1 million, £2 million'. But I have never, ever asked [chief executive] David Gill or Alex Ferguson – nor have I had any
meeting with anyone about my contract – for money.

Therefore when I sign for another club if anyone says 'it was impossible for Carlos to sign for Man United because he was asking for too much money'
then it is not true. I know that maybe after, when I leave, people will say 'he left for money' but listen, no. Be very clear that there has not been
one single meeting about my personal contract. And now it's over."
- Carlos Tevez
So what changed Carlos? You were happy to wait until the season was over... "not about money"? No one has said it was.... could it be that City have offered you alot of money and you know the talk will soon start changing to that of money.....

Jun 27th - United are understood to have agreed a £25m deal for Carlos Tevez who's contract runs out on Jun 30th.

Jun 30th - Tevez understood to have agreed a deal 2 weeks ago with Manchester City.

July 14th 2009 - Tevez signs for City on a £150,000 a week contract for a reported £45m.

“I was there for two years and Sir Alex never called or sent any text messages in that time.
The only time he talked to me was after a match against Roma to discuss a situation about going to play for Argentina.
It doesn’t seem that this is the way to treat a player in two years at the club. It doesn’t seem there is a line of communication.”
- Carlos Tevez

So lets get this straight.

1. We talk contracts, Tevez and Joorbachin are impossible to negotiate with. Tevez is happy with how he is treated.

2. Tevez denys talk of any contract talks but says he has agreed with Ferguson to to talk about it after the season has finished...

3. Before the season is finished, he starts talking about how money is not an issue but they have never had any contract talks and this upsets him,
despite agreeing it is best to wait unitl the football is finished....

4.United then agree a deal with Joorbachin for Carlos Tevez, who is one of only three strikers at the club following the departure of Ronaldo to Madrid, but Tevez had already agreed a big money deal with City....

Of course it wasn't the money.

You are a mercenary mary poppin who took all the United fans for mugs, you disrespected Ferguson and still maintain that "you had no choice to leave United" and that we will regret not treating you better".

I hope you get run over by your own Bentley.

You and your crooked agent are an example of everything that is wrong with modern football, so it's more than fitting that you join City.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
@Pexbo, nice post( i didn't say that i believe in all that but it made me think).
Nevertheless, why not the same hate for Ronaldo? He basically forced move also

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Pexbo, nice post( i didn't say that i believe in all that but it made me think).
Nevertheless, why not the same hate for Ronaldo? He basically forced move also
Agree and I've never understood the love for Ronaldo after he left. Don't hate the guy but he chose to leave so why care so much?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Agree and I've never understood the love for Ronaldo after he left. Don't hate the guy but he chose to leave so why care so much?
It is not just that he left. Many good players left like RVP, Evra, Vidic, Rooney and they deserve respect when they come back at OT but this is player who forced move. And just to remind all of you;

“I completely agree with the FIFA president,” said the player. “The president is correct, but I do not want to say more.”- Ronaldo on "modern slave" comments.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Andycoleno9 I just think it's funny (or perhaps sad) the whole "I just want to see him one last time" and "United are shite anyway".

Status
Not open for further replies.