g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I wonder do they have to play a certain % of games for sponsorship purposes
That I don't know. But from what I read about Kobe case I think he had his relations with the sponsors temporarly frozen untill the case was solved. Maybe it will happen the same here, don't know if they can terminate before there is any sort of conviction. Complicated issues with lots of money and interests involved around.

pensionator

Supports
Juventus
Its strange actually. In most other jobs that I know you’d be suspended on pay until it’s cleared up. But not in football
Because that depends entirely on the employer.
Since most employers are afraid of collateral damages they just drop the employee.

In this case he’s the biggest star of the entire league, so pretty much no one wants him out of the show.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Evra on Ronaldo (translated from Italian):

Evra: "If Cristiano Ronaldo invites you to dinner, do not accept!"

If Cristiano Ronaldo invited you to dinner, would you accept? Rhetorical question for the vast majority of football fans, but not for Patrice Evra. Okay, the former Frenchman Juventus proved to be quite out of the box, but in an interview with ITV Sport he said that no, he would not go to dinner at Ronaldo. In fact, it would not go any more, because it is precisely a precedent that convinced him.

"Do this advice to all: if Christian invites you to eat with him, you say no. One time I went there (the two were teammates in Manchester, NDR), was after a workout and we were tired. A table only chicken salad and water, I thought that later something else would come, but nothing ... " . Evra, however, does not just make it a culinary issue, rather: "As soon as I finished eating, he started playing with a ball, he asked me to dribble, then go swimming, I wondered if I was there because tomorrow we had a game or just to eat, that's why I tell you: he's a machine and never stops working out. "

Evra then unveils another anecdote linked to CR7's desire to win: " He was playing ping pong with Rio Ferdinad and Rio beat him ... We started to cheer but we noticed that Cristiano was very annoyed." Then he sent his cousin to buy a table tennis, it was two weeks to train and he challenged Rio Ferdinand again: he beat him in front of all of us.This is Cristiano Ronaldo - concludes Evra - and it does not surprise me that he wants to win more balls of gold.
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/evra-se-cristiano-ronaldo-vi-invita-a-cena-non-accettate

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
EA and Nike have already stopped promoting anything to do with him

If he’s a rapist he’s going to be banished from all the major leagues obviously

SirAF

Ageist

This probably belongs in the Current Events thread.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

:lol:

Keep on dreaming.

EA removed some pictures of him from their website for a grand total of 2 days... that’s literally all they did.

You really can’t help yourself, can you?

SirAF

Ageist

Keep on dreaming.

EA removed some pictures of him from their website for a grand total of 2 days... that’s literally all they did.

You really can’t help yourself, can you?
If I go to Nike Football I see the CR7 range splashed all over.

LoneStar

I have a bad feeling about this. With the current state of our defense, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored some 4-5 goals against us across the 2 matches.

Be funny if he was sent off in the 8th minute for a tackle on Fellaini.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
You’re really gonna support him even if he gets convicted won’t you?
What the hell is that for a reply... If he's guilty then he's guilty. Until then he isn't. You really have problems

And no sign of Ronaldo on the main Fifa 19 page:

https://www.easports.com/fifa
https://www.easports.com/fifa

Yeah, besides being all over the website and on the freaking cover of the game. You literally open their website and a video with Ronaldo is the first thing that shows up.

The worst part about this rape thing is the people like you who actually want it to be true so much that you're willing to believe anything.

VP

Kobe Bryant, Ronaldo, all the GOAT's go through rape claims. Social Justice Warriors will continue to make allegations and allegations. The world is round.
Nice. Using a rape allegation to big up your hero.

Ronaldo fanboys are essentially the equivalent of Trump supporters.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's an experienced footballer! He should had known that tackles from behind are always dangerous.

SirAF

Ageist
What the hell is that for a reply... If he's guilty then he's guilty. Until then he isn't. You really have problems

Yeah, besides being all over the website and on the freaking cover of the game. You literally open their website and a video with Ronaldo is the first thing that shows up.

The worst part about this rape thing is the people like you who actually want it to be true so much that you're willing to believe anything.
Looks like a Barcelona fan who is obsessed.

Anyway, this belongs in the Current Events thread, like I said.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

Exaggerating something to make generalizations about a whole group of people.

You're pretty much the redcafe equivalent of Hitler.

Fantastic logic right here.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite

No, what I said was that rape allegations are nothing new to GOAT's. You haters really want to believe everything negative about him. Go watch the nightclub video and see for yourself how she was all over him. Then this is the same girl who said he was a "creep and loser". Really, he wasn't a creep and a loser when you were all over him.

Shinjch

No, what I said was that rape allegations are nothing new to GOAT's. You haters really want to believe everything negative about him. Go watch the nightclub video and see for yourself how she was all over him. Then this is the same girl who said he was a "creep and loser". Really, he wasn't a creep and a loser when you were all over him.
I know you are more partisan than most for whatever reason, but maybe best to wait until a full investigation is carried out before throwing stuff like that about. You have no more of an idea of what went on than these "haters".

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kobe Bryant, Ronaldo, all the GOAT's go through rape claims. Social Justice Warriors will continue to make allegations and allegations. The world is round.
Kobe Bryant outright admitted he raped that woman. Disgraceful post.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Kobe Bryant outright admitted he raped that woman. Disgraceful post.
But so did Ronaldo according to that article

Either way, probably best to keep this discussion to other thread dedicated to it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But so did Ronaldo according to that article

Either way, probably best to keep this discussion to other thread dedicated to it.
Kobe Bryant literally admitted in person, right after being acquitted, that he was guilty

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
No more off-topic posts!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
First player to score 400 goals in Europe's top 5 leagues.

You can tell he's already fully adapted. He seems highly motivated, if Juve actually attacked he'd have more than one. Having Dybala, Costa and Bernardeschi on the bench is probably the best long term decision but it's making the game very dull.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
First player to score 400 goals in Europe's top 5 leagues.

You can tell he's already fully adapted. He seems highly motivated, if Juve actually attacked he'd have more than one. Having Dybala, Costa and Bernardeschi on the bench is probably the best long term decision but it's making the game very dull.
And everyone on the Cafe was wrong assessing Cancelo. Easily top 5 fullback in the world.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
And everyone on the Cafe was wrong assessing Cancelo. Easily top 5 fullback in the world.
Have to admit, Cancelo's performances at Juventus have come as a bit of a surprise. Really liked him back in the day — wanted United to sign him, but he was shunted at Valencia and wasn't particularly excellent at Internazionale — and was showing signs of stagnating with inconsistent decisions, but fair do's for raising his game. Was pretty confident Dalot would surpass his level in the short to medium term — not so sure any more unless the boy delivers special performances on a consistent basis after supplanting Valencia and Young. André Silva seems to doing reasonably well at Sevilla, too — should bode well for your national team with Neves and Bernardo.

P.S. On a tangential note, how would you guys rate Vinagre? Liked the look of him with Dalot in the U-17 tournament and caught the eye this summer for the U-19 team as well, but haven't diligently followed his progress at Wolves. Could he possibly reach Guerreiro's level in the future?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
That draw was 100% on Allegri, rested a bunch of players and then the substitutions worked terribly.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
How's Juventus looking this season? Serie A and La Liga isn't shown on Norwegian tv this year.

SATA

I know i may seem harsh or silly, but i think Juve having Ronaldo currently seems more a detriment to them than reaping the benefits of having him. The team is being set up to accomodate him scoring rather than the whole team playing freely to their strengths and ability

Status
Not open for further replies.