Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trizy

Funny that people doubted him. I also feel he's just getting warmed up.

If they can avoid City they'll win it outright.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
I still think, we are not using him to his full potential. Yesterday, he was isolated for large periods of the game, but when the ball was in him, he almost always created something. What I am most impressed with him is how often he takes the right decision compared to our other players.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
Funny that people doubted him. I also feel he's just getting warmed up.

If they can avoid City they'll win it outright.
if it was possible I would rather get city sooner rather than later actually.Ronaldo is a beast, of course I knew it but seeing how is playing for the team goes beyond my own expectations

Aloysius's Back 3

Just win the CL for Juve & finally shut up the Messi is the greatest nonsense.

Ronaldo is pure & utter success at every level. Said it before - if I had a child I'd tell him to idolise Cristiano over Lionel any day.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Going to juventus appears to have shed 4 years off his body

How do they keep doing it :houllier:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Going to juventus appears to have shed 4 years off his body

How do they keep doing it :houllier:
I agree! the last 3 years or so in Madrid his play was a lot more stagnant and focused on putting the ball in the next. At Juve now tho he seems to be having "fun" again he is much more involved with the play he's dropping back, going out wide, creating chances for his teammates, and of course still scoring goals. He seems quicker as well! he does not look like a player about to turn 33 at all. Its remarkable really how a player his age can still keep this level a play. 10 goals and 6 assists in 16 games is a great start considering a new league and team he is adapting too.The crazy thing is he still seems to be in second gear will be curious to see what happens when he goes up a gear like he did ;last year.

youmeletsfly

I agree! the last 3 years or so in Madrid his play was a lot more stagnant and focused on putting the ball in the next. At Juve now tho he seems to be having "fun" again he is much more involved with the play he's dropping back, going out wide, creating chances for his teammates, and of course still scoring goals. He seems quicker as well! he does not look like a player about to turn 33 at all. Its remarkable really how a player his age can still keep this level a play. 10 goals and 6 assists in 16 games is a great start considering a new league and team he is adapting too.The crazy thing is he still seems to be in second gear will be curious to see what happens when he goes up a gear like he did ;last year.
It looks to me he lost quite a bit of muscle mass, he's much leaner each year. That's why he's a bit quicker.

And yeah, he's still in the 2nd gear and his team is still not capable to supply him with those deadly balls. When these two missing ones mix together, Juventus will be quite the team.

Deleted member 101472

Juve’s problem is city. Think they’ll walk over them to be honest.

SirAF

Ageist
It looks to me he lost quite a bit of muscle mass, he's much leaner each year. That's why he's a bit quicker.

And yeah, he's still in the 2nd gear and his team is still not capable to supply him with those deadly balls. When these two missing ones mix together, Juventus will be quite the team.
Yup. There was a few articles a couple of years ago that stated he was slimming down a bit of his muscle mass on his upper body to preserve his pace.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

I Agree I don't think the understanding is quite there yet tho it it getting there. With that being said though...when it does get their it will be deadly and fantastic to see.

MrEleson

Every time I see him in a Juve shirt he just seems so electric...akin to his days at United or earlier Madrid years. He was the oldest player on the park for them last night next to Chiellini but if you were new to the game you’d think he was a 24-25 year old in his prime with the pace and intensity he kept driving forward with the ball on that LW. He’s managed to do it again and improve, I don’t know how.

I still feel Juve aren’t maximising his full capabilities though. They have some shortages in midfield and I believe they’re a top midfielder short of conquering Europe unless they have a good draw and manage to avoid a team like city. But then again City haven’t been utterly convincing in Europe.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
His role changed, he wasn’t as involved for Madrid because the team needed him to be different, not because he couldn’t do it. Playing next to Mandzukic and Benzema are very different things so to make that work he has to be a different player.

Mandzukic is on 7 goals this season. Last 3 seasons for Juve he scored 10, 11 and 13 which shows how much has changed. He’s now playing as a striker rather than as a defensive winger

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
As for Juve winning the Champions League, they're up there for sure but it still feels likely that they need an extra year to work some things out. They'd need an easy draw playing the way they're playing. That midfield is not up to standard, especially with Pjanic being run to the ground.

Costa, Bernardeschi and Dybala still need to find a way to be at their best in this team too.

MrEleson

His role changed, he wasn’t as involved for Madrid because the team needed him to be different, not because he couldn’t do it. Playing next to Mandzukic and Benzema are very different things so to make that work he has to be a different player.

Mandzukic is on 7 goals this season. Last 3 seasons for Juve he scored 10, 11 and 13 which shows how much has changed. He’s now playing as a striker rather than as a defensive winger
Do you think his role has changed for the better though? Personally, I think Ronaldo would rather be the one scoring the goals himself than having to lay it on a plate for Mandzukic every time. I know he’d take not scoring if his team wins but deep down he’d want to be scoring at least close to the rate he was at Madrid. Juve’s style of play doesn’t help either where they go on the defensive after going 1-0 up. He probably gets only 1 real chance at scoring per game whereas at Madrid he’d get an infinite amount of opportunities until the clock ran down. Also, will his current wing-play style be sustainable in the long run in terms of keeping fresh for the long seasons as he’s practically 34 in a couple of months. His defensive work-rate seems to have gone up a bit aswell so he does more running. He’s definitely more enjoyable to watch this year than previous years though.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Do you think his role has changed for the better though? Personally, I think Ronaldo would rather be the one scoring the goals himself than having to lay it on a plate for Mandzukic every time. I know he’d take not scoring if his team wins but deep down he’d want to be scoring at least close to the rate he was at Madrid. Juve’s style of play doesn’t help either where they go on the defensive after going 1-0 up. He probably gets only 1 real chance at scoring per game whereas at Madrid he’d get an infinite amount of opportunities until the clock ran down. Also, will his current wing-play style be sustainable in the long run in terms of keeping fresh for the long seasons as he’s practically 34 in a couple of months. His defensive work-rate seems to have gone up a bit aswell so he does more running. He’s definitely more enjoyable to watch this year than previous years though.
He's more involved and it's more enjoyable to watch but I'm not sure if it's changed for the better, especially because it will make longevity tougher to achieve. As he's getting older he should be playing more and more inside the box, that's what I was expecting at Juve but it's been the exact opposite.

He's not going to score as much as in Madrid this way but out of the 10 goals he's scored, none of them have been when Juve have a 2, 3 or 4 goal lead, they've all been important. If he scores 10 less goals but the goals he loses are the 4-0 against Eibar at home type of goal then there won't be a problem.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

And he can still be better, if he gets rid of that scoring anxiety (I know, it's not bad, it has fueled one of the best careers ever) he'll find a lot more options and his numbers might go up, bot assists and goals.

The moment his "cut inside to shot" fades even more as his main option and defenders have doubts about which way he'll go, he's going to look a hell lot better on his day to day production for Juve.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus

well that is true but Mandzukic did not play as a centreforward in the last 3 seasons, he played wide on the left with lots of defensive responsibilities. He has been brought back to partner with Cristiano

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
That is what I thought too, and so far he surprised me for the exact opposite reason his generosity. He has been playing for the team way more than I ever saw him with madrid. It must be said that is also part of Juve ethos since that has always been the cases for all our top players including Del Piero, Zidane, Platini and Sivori and those for whom it was not second nature like Baggio did not last long

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Well maybe after scoring 500-600 goals in his career plus winning 5 Ballon D'or, he just wants to simply enjoy playing football, and do some catch up with his assists stats.

He is basically playing left winger role this season, scoring 10 goals 6 assists in 16 games, is great return.

Suedesi

Juve’s problem is city. Think they’ll walk over them to be honest.
Lyon says hi. The overrating of City in Europe has to stop. No one won the CL in November, let's see in what shape and form teams are around March-April. I would count Juve and City among the favorites and I would not forget Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid.

Suedesi

Every time I see him in a Juve shirt he just seems so electric...akin to his days at United or earlier Madrid years. He was the oldest player on the park for them last night next to Chiellini but if you were new to the game you’d think he was a 24-25 year old in his prime with the pace and intensity he kept driving forward with the ball on that LW. He’s managed to do it again and improve, I don’t know how.

I still feel Juve aren’t maximising his full capabilities though. They have some shortages in midfield and I believe they’re a top midfielder short of conquering Europe unless they have a good draw and manage to avoid a team like city. But then again City haven’t been utterly convincing in Europe.
Barcelona, Real? When did city became the all-conquering European team?

Deleted member 101472

Lyon says hi. The overrating of City in Europe has to stop. No one won the CL in November, let's see in what shape and form teams are around March-April. I would count Juve and City among the favorites and I would not forget Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid.
I really hope so, but the games i've watched them in europe they just seem to be doing enough to make sure they qualify. It wasnt a difficult group, they've qualified with relative ease (probably gonna finish top). Lyon have showed somewhat of a blueprint though which is encouraging.

MrEleson

Barcelona, Real? When did city became the all-conquering European team?
Real aren’t the same team they were in previous seasons. Lack of motivation, desire, hunger or whatever you call it and Juve now have the obvious X Factor they had before. Barca are probably the next favourites after City for me, I just didn’t mention them partly due to their coach who hinders them imo. City haven’t proven anything yet but they do look generally stronger than any team out there and they haven’t been at full strength throughout with the absence of De Bruyne.

James Peril

We also have to stop putting too much emphasis on the group stages. Those games mean much more for Lyon than City, they are motivated as underdogs. When Lyon scores, City strike back immediately. Same with Real Madrid and Spurs last season, for Spurs it’s their biggest games the last fifty years, for Real it’s basically the same as playing Rosenborg or Astana.

Let’s see how it goes in the QF’s, that’s when the best teams start to care. Saying that, City have not delivered at all in the Champions League... but who knows what happens if they don’t get that wrongly disallowed goal against Liverpool last season.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
totally agree the CL in Spring is a different tournament and we will have to see what is the form in March-April, injuries etc, not forgetting referee blunders that have affected all the last few competitions

Suedesi

Real aren’t the same team they were in previous seasons. Lack of motivation, desire, hunger or whatever you call it and Juve now have the obvious X Factor they had before. Barca are probably the next favourites after City for me, I just didn’t mention them partly due to their coach who hinders them imo. City haven’t proven anything yet but they do look generally stronger than any team out there and they haven’t been at full strength throughout with the absence of De Bruyne.
I heard this exact talk last year when Real were struggling to get out of the group, and then come Feb-Mar-Apr whooped PSG, Bayern, Juve and then finally Liverpool to lift the CL for a 3-peat.

RM might not win it, but they have to be considered amongst the favorites.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Nice to see him finally be able to get some rest, first derby for him vs Inter on Friday should be fun

Utdstar01

Do we think he was carrying too much muscle mass at Real? I think his physique is perfect as it is right now.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Through one way or another he’s involved in pretty much every goal Juve score, either by scoring, assisting, pressing, starting the move or his movement creating loads of problems. He’s working more for the team and being more selfless that I’ve seen him be in ages, especially in random league games.

This isn’t a team built around him like it was in Madrid but it’s easy to tell he’s enjoying every game and he feels well physically. He's going to be 34 in 2 months but he's playing like he's 24, it’s great to see.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
he really is incredible, if he can keep this level of fitness he will be setting records upon records considering that they are just starting to know each other. Probably he needed a move to find new motivations and enthusiasm, not that he did badly in the last couple of season at Real (unfortunately we know very well), but did not see him with this drive recently

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Do we think he was carrying too much muscle mass at Real? I think his physique is perfect as it is right now.
Think that's the case. Since the EC he seems to have travelled back in time. I like the "new" "old" Cristiano.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
https://www.football-italia.net/131615/mirabelli-cr7-and-auba-milan

Former Milan director Massimiliano Mirabelli reiterated he had a deal with Cristiano Ronaldo and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while Yonghong Li’s exit was “absurd.”

The ex-director of sport under the Yonghong Li era, which ended with default on a loan and passage of the club to US hedge fund Elliott Management, spoke to TeleLombardia about his experiences.

“I confirm what I said, that there was the possibility of signing Cristiano Ronaldo. We weren’t kidding ourselves: I can assure you that if the current owners had been in charge at the time, at this precise moment Cristiano Ronaldo would be wearing the Milan jersey. I can mathematically guarantee it.

“He didn’t mind not playing in the Champions League. He told us: ‘I’ve never won the Europa League, so I’ll win that too.’

“I sat down with his agent and my part of the deal was finished, everything had been defined, including the salary and the price of the transfer. I had no fear of anything going wrong, because when Silvio Berlusconi sold Milan to the Chinese group, he told us of a great man, with great lawyers and great banks behind him. Berlusconi said they would be able to do for Milan what he no longer could.

“All the players we signed were paid for. We also had Aubameyang and he wanted us. The regret is that we had a deal with him and Borussia Dortmund, but his father got in the way.

“When I was negotiating for Aubameyang, Vincenzo Montella’s first choice was Nikola Kalinic and I had to follow the instructions of my Coach. Before leaving, we spoke to Alvaro Morata, Ciro Immobile, Karim Benzema and started the negotiations with Gonzalo Higuain, getting him to speak to Gennaro Gattuso.

“With Andre Silva, we knew this was an important player and we’d have to wait for him, because he was from Portugal and arriving in an important club. In a few years, he’ll be one of the best in the world. If Sevilla buy him, Milan will still make a €15m profit.”

Ultimately, Yonghong Li defaulted on the loan from Elliott Management for just €10m.

“We were always a little tense when waiting for the payments to come in, but they always arrived. They arrived the last day, but they arrived,” continued Mirabelli.

“I don’t know what happened with Yonghong Li, but we always paid the bills, we never left an IOU. The craziest part was the few hours just before finding out if Elliott had received the money or not. It’s incredible, as we had these huge groups prepared to purchase Milan for millions, but the absurd thing is he lost everything when he had the chance to make a profit.”
:lol:

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
It must have been after going to Napoli to beg De Laurentis to buy him:D

Schneckerl

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/12/10/5c0e2e70e2704e578d8b4603.html

Adapting to life at Juventus

"It isn't right to name someone specific but I can say that this is the best group in which I've played. Here, we are a squad, elsewhere, some players feel bigger than the others, instead here, everyone is on the same level, they are humble and want to win.

"If Dybala or Mandzukic don't score, they are still happy and you see them smile. For me it is beautiful, to feel that difference. Also at Madrid they are humble, but here I feel that sense more. It's very different to Madrid, here it is more of a family.

Interesting opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.