Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Funny he mentions others smile at Juventus if they dont score cause at Madrid he was the one who often wouldn't smile if he didn't score. :)

I dont know about the subject enough but it seems like he didn't left Madrid in the best of terms?

JSArsenal

Can you blame the Madrid players? That club is a pressure cooker. Managers win the league and get sacked for not playing good football, or they win the league and get sacked for ONLY making the semi-finals of the Champions League. Players know if they don't play at their best they will be replaced sharpish. I mean players can put in great performances week in week out and still get replaced by the newest galactico the club wants to buy. I can't think of another top club who loses so many world class or great players and still manages to perform.

If you can be successful at Real Madrid, you can be successful anywhere.

TheScriptwriter

Supports
Juventus
Can you blame the Madrid players? That club is a pressure cooker. Managers win the league and get sacked for not playing good football, or they win the league and get sacked for ONLY making the semi-finals of the Champions League. Players know if they don't play at their best they will be replaced sharpish. I mean players can put in great performances week in week out and still get replaced by the newest galactico the club wants to buy. I can't think of another top club who loses so many world class or great players and still manages to perform.

If you can be successful at Real Madrid, you can be successful anywhere.
You either have to play good or be Benzema!

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
"At Juventus it does not matter who scores. We are happy for each other"

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
"At Juventus it does not matter who scores. We are happy for each other"

Do you actually believe he purposefully got called offside so that Dybala didn't score? :lol:

Catalan insanity was meant to stop when he left Madrid

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
No, but I do believe that he purposely moved his head towards the ball to get the final touch.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
No, but I do believe that he purposely moved his head towards the ball to get the final touch.
Like every other player would, as soon as it was obvious it was going in he ducked and let the ball in. He jumps initially but his head goes down to avoid touching the ball, I'm not even sure that should have been disallowed.

Implying that he was trying to take the goal away from Dybala is incredible, really. Not surprising though.

Deleted member 101472

Like every other player would, as soon as it was obvious it was going in he ducked and let the ball in. He jumps initially but his head goes down to avoid touching the ball, I'm not even sure that should have been disallowed.

Implying that he was trying to take the goal away from Dybala is incredible, really. Not surprising though.
I’m prettt certain that when players blast the ball towards goal, particularly at that height, their teammates don’t bother going for it and actively try to avoid the ball not fecking head it in.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I’m prettt certain that when players blast the ball towards goal, particularly at that height, their teammates don’t bother going for it and actively try to avoid the ball not fecking head it in.
Every half decent goalscorer would be looking to deflect a ball going in that direction. He didn’t try heading the ball either, did the opposite of that.

Deleted member 101472

Every half decent goalscorer would be looking to deflect a ball going in that direction. He didn’t try heading the ball either, did the opposite of that.
I just watched the video from 3 angles. He very, very clearly tries to get his head to the ball. He doesn’t duck under it?

Deleted member 101472

The last angle, that’s the neck movement of someone trying to flick the ball with the back of their head.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I just watched the video from 3 angles. He very, very clearly tries to get his head to the ball. He doesn’t duck under it?
What do you call this then?

He jumps and ducks his head to avoid touching it... if he wanted to hit the ball he would have hit it, obviously. The ball passes barely above his head even if he hadn’t jumped ffs.

Not like it even matters in the slightest anyway given the amount of bias necessary to believe he made a conscious decision of stealing Dybala’s goal there. He jumps initially to try to deflect it in, as soon as it's obvious it's going in he avoids touching it.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
The last angle, that’s the neck movement of someone trying to flick the ball with the back of their head.

Yup, he clearly tried to nick it. Nothing to blame (even though i usually hate on him), it was a close offside call and most strikers try to deflect the ball if they can because it makes it much harder, if not impossible, for the goalkeeper to safe.

And of course, egos want their goals. :p

Deleted member 101472

At this point, the ball is past the 12 yard spot and travelling at 50mph plus. Are you seriously suggesting that in this millisecond window, he was able to jump AND deliberately duck? No, he didnt. He jumps in the first place because his intention is to get a touch on it with the back of his head.

Sorry mate but you’re wrong. You’ve took a freeze frame of the part where his head is down and it’s looked like he’s ducked. He didn’t. He actively tried to head the ball. His head goes forward, the ball approaches and then he flicks his neck back. It’s the movement of someone trying to glance the ball with the back of their head.

I don’t think he was trying to “steal” a goal from dybala, his instincts just made him try and get a touch on it.

Jericho

He jumps and ducks his head to avoid touching it... if he wanted to hit the ball he would have hit it, obviously. The ball passes barely above his head even if he hadn’t jumped ffs.

Not like it even matters in the slightest anyway given the amount of bias necessary to believe he made a conscious decision of stealing Dybala’s goal there. He jumps initially to try to deflect it in, as soon as it's obvious it's going in he avoids touching it.
That's the problem right there.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

At this point, the ball is past the 12 yard spot and travelling at 50mph plus. Are you seriously suggesting that in this millisecond window, he was able to jump AND deliberately duck? No, he didnt. He jumps in the first place because his intention is to get a touch on it with the back of his head.

Sorry mate but you’re wrong. You’ve took a freeze frame of the part where his head is down and it’s looked like he’s ducked. He didn’t. He actively tried to head the ball. His head goes forward, the ball approaches and then he flicks his neck back. It’s the movement of someone trying to glance the ball with the back of their head.
You think the ball is going at 50mph plus and he's trying to move his head backwards to hit the ball with the back of his head? What the hell are you on about, that's literally impossible. Do you think he can move his head at over 50mph backwards? The ball doesn't even go directly above his head for fecks sake... it passes to the side of him despite that angle making it look differently.

He jumped and at the same time he was ducking his head, it's not 2 separate movements, I literally showed you a pic ffs. Here's the picture again:

Are you honestly with no shame in the slightest claiming he's not ducking his head here for fecks sake? He's either ducking his head or he really needs back surgery.

I don’t think he was trying to “steal” a goal from dybala, his instincts just made him try and get a touch on it.
Of course, initially he went for it which is obviously the wrong decision considering he was offside. The fact that it was a bad move is not what's being argued here, it's the fact that someone argued he was consciously trying to steal Dybala's goal which is just obviously not true.

It was a wrong decision but definitely not a selfish one which is what that Barcelona fan was clearly implying.

Deleted member 101472

@Peyroteo he was trying to head the ball :lol::lol:

After you duck the natural body movement isn’t to bring your neck back.

I’m not sure why you can’t see it, to me it’s very obvious he’s trying to get a flick on it and doesn’t duck at all.

mu4c_20le

It looks like he did it out of instinct, kinda reminds me of the time when RvN took a swipe at his shot, its just a striker's natural instinct to try and help the ball into the goal.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

I’m not sure why you can’t see it, to me it’s very obvious he’s trying to get a flick on it and doesn’t duck at all.
What is the natural body movement after ducking your head then? To remain continuously with a bent neck for hours? Is that how you do it?

His head came back up because he turned around to see if the ball had gone in.

I'm not sure how to argue with someone who just simply refuses to accept something obvious has happened. I can show you pictures and videos of it, if you just go on to pretend it's showing something completely different then there's no point really.

Deleted member 101472

What is the natural body movement after ducking your head then? To remain continuously with a bent neck for hours? Is that how you do it?

I'm not sure how to argue with someone who just simply refuses to accept something obvious has happened. I can show you pictures and videos of it, if you just go on to pretend it's showing something completely different then there's no point really.
:lol: He tries to flick it with his head. Everyone else is seeing that except you, which means you’re wrong. Try admitting it for once, it’s a character building Moment.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
:lol: He tries to flick it with his head. Everyone else is seeing that except you, which means you’re wrong. Try admitting it for once, it’s a character building Moment.
Ah so not only are you pretending to be clueless enough to see something completely made up, you're also pretending to have the opinions of everyone else too despite literally noone else having told you their opinion. Wondeful stuff as usual, who cares about what the actual truth is anyway?

Don't think there's any need for a character building moment to judge something like this, a pair of eyes and a brain to process the information would do.

Deleted member 101472

Ah so not only are you pretending to be clueless enough to see something completely made up, you're also pretending to have the opinions of everyone else too despite literally noone else having told you their opinion. Wondeful stuff as usual, who cares about what the actaul truth is anyway?

Don't think there's any need for a character building moment to judge something like this, a pair of eyes and a brain to process the information would do. You can think about character later.
The last paragraph couldn’t be more appropriate advice for a person to give themself.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The last paragraph couldn’t be more appropriate advice for a person to give themself.
Right, I see what this is about now.

You tried tagging me yesterday to get a response, didn't happen so it got to this. Sent me a PM a while ago for the same reason.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you constantly feel the need to chase me around this place and say something beyond stupid to get an argument going. Simply replying wasn't enough so you start tagging me in random crap and PMing me now... don't know how this started but there's clearly something wrong here

Deleted member 101472

Right, I see what this is about now.

You tried tagging me yesterday to get a response, didn't happen so it got to this. Sent me a PM a while ago for the same reason.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you constantly feel the need to chase me around this place and say something beyond stupid to get an argument going. Simply replying wasn't enough so you start tagging me in random crap and PMing me now... don't know how this started but there's clearly something wrong here
The PM you just sent me was deplorable. I shan’t be engaging with you again.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Hahahaha he obviously tried to head it give me a break.

Juventus have looked terrible in back to back CL games now

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Now I was arguing the ref’s call :lol:

I must be really shit at explaining myself. Either that or an incredible number of people here can’t read

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who

Wow, he was obviously trying to get at the end of that shot, not sure why go in that length defending him. He's no doubt egocentric and that's part of his game, doesn't mean that he's less of a player admitting it. :)

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Yep, looks like he clearly tries to get a little flick/glance on it. Just a bit of instinct I guess. The speed the ball was traveling and all.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wow, anyone remembers this Ronaldo fan from Vancouver who was convinced Ronaldo wanted i tentionally irritated the defense when he couldn't reach the ball right before Marcelo scored his screamer last season against I believe Bayern? With all these screenshot analyses etc? Reminds me of this discussion.

Ronaldo obviously wanted to head this ball/deflect it but was a little too late. Correct call, not necessarily egocentric of Ronaldo but at the very least it leaves the impression. Amazed by the level of bias some display here.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Using still images to ascertain whether someone actively tried to head a ball is completely stupid, most of the time it'll prove both arguments. Every video I've seen has Ronaldo clearly make a jump and attempt a flick. Shit happens, it was probably instinctive on his part.

EDIT: From about 5 seconds into this one you can see it

This one makes it even clearer

Status
Not open for further replies.