Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Ronaldo really is the king of headers. Probably the best ever. Probably also the modt athletic footballer ever

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He did his job, wasn't enough this time around. In Madrid the penalties get called and everything changes. Disappointing to go out like this, but 3 more years to go to attempt to get the record 6th CL title. Hopefully Juve don't have half their team out injured next time and actually buy some midfielders that aren't Aaron Ramsey or Emre Can.

Time for the all the bitterness that's built up throughout the years to come out in celebration now :lol:

Gehrman

Well you can't blame him. Ronaldo and Messi are CL beasts. Unfortunately I don't think Ajax is going to win it. It's going to be City or Liverpool isn't it.

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
He did his job, wasn't enough this time around. In Madrid the penalties get called and everything changes. Disappointing to go out like this, but 3 more years to go to attempt to get the record 6th CL title. Hopefully Juve don't have half their team out injured next time and actually buy some midfielders that aren't Aaron Ramsey or Emre Can.

Time for the all the bitterness that's built up throughout the years to come out in celebration now :lol:
I agree that he's done his job but Chiellini was the only big absence they had. Mandzukic hasn't scored since December and Costa has one goal and zero assists all season.

Ajax also had both of their staring fullbacks out for the second leg

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I agree that he's done his job but Chiellini was the only big absence they had. Mandzukic hasn't scored since December and Costa has one goal and zero assists all season.

Ajax also had both of their staring fullbacks out for the second leg
Mandzukic is good even without scoring. Costa has been injured pretty much all season but he completely destroyed Ajax when he came on in the first leg and would have most likely started tonight if he was fit. You're right that Chiellini was the big miss by a mile though, it's like Liverpool without Van Dijk or Madrid without Ramos, more than losing a great centreback they lose leadership, mentality and aggressiveness.

Selling Benatia and keeping Bonucci and Rugani was the stupidest decision I've seen Juve make in years. It was painful to watch them defend tonight, every clearance was a pass to the attacking Ajax players.

It was obvious this team wasn't ready nevertheless though. They'd have needed Spurs to go through in order to have chance of winning it all, City were going to spank them if that tie happened.

Renegade

What’s happened to Dybala? 5 league goals all season is pathetic for a Juventus forward in serie A.
His playing like Mata. Another natural gifted number 10 struggling to find a position?

Hoof the ball

Ronaldo cannot really be blamed for this; at least not in terms of goal-scoring influence. There is an argument to be made for a greater influence in the game in terms of general play. Ronaldo isn't as dominant outside the 18 yard box than he used to be. In the buildup he plays very simple five yard passes and goes for the easy option almost 95% of the time. He doesn't have much influence in terms of forcing the play with passing and dribbles, however, he's still very much the same forward in the box he's always been. His instincts haven't deserted him, as evidenced by the amount of headed goals he's scored.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Ronaldo cannot really be blamed for this; at least not in terms of goal-scoring influence. There is an argument to be made for a greater influence in the game in terms of general play. Ronaldo isn't as dominant outside the 18 yard box than he used to be. In the buildup he plays very simple five yard passes and goes for the easy option almost 95% of the time. He doesn't have much influence in terms of forcing the play with passing and dribbles, however, he's still very much the same forward in the box he's always been. His instincts haven't deserted him, as evidenced by the amount of headed goals he's scored.
He set up more chances than any other Juventus player in this tie too and was on the few Juve players who could actually keep the ball under pressure. Even his hold up play and playing with his back to goal was excellent tonight which wasn't really the case in the first leg.

He could have done more as it's always possible to do more but I'm not sure what you expect him to do in general play that he alone could influence how the game went. It's not a forward that will stop the lack of ability of the defenders and midfielders to escape the opponent's pressing.

el3mel

100m for Ronaldo to not win CL or even the Cup, only the league. Terrible from Juve.

VanKenny

100m for Ronaldo to not win CL or even the Cup, only the league. Terrible from Juve.
Thats harsh, he still has at least next year to try again.

Wont happen of course unless Juventus make 2 or 3 world class signings to support him though. CR7 alone wont ever get this Juventus team close to CL glory.

el3mel

Thats harsh, he still has at least next year to try again.

Wont happen of course unless Juventus make 2 or 3 world class signings to support him though. CR7 alone wont ever get this Juventus team close to CL glory.
Luckily they bought him for more than one year.
It's not on Ronaldo. It's on Juve. They're wasting him with their terrible set up.

Gehrman

What’s happened to Dybala? 5 league goals all season is pathetic for a Juventus forward in serie A.
His playing like Mata. Another natural gifted number 10 struggling to find a position?
His potential ability on FM 18 is 186. Obviously something is not right. I judge players by their FM stats. 5 league goals for a forward in the top top team of serie A is mind boggingly low.

gibers

His potential ability on FM 18 is 186. Obviously something is not right. I judge players by their FM stats. 5 league goals for a forward in the top top team of serie A is mind boggingly low.
All you need to do is watch Juve play. Dybala would be great under an attacking manager with a more cohesive team. Juve have a shite mf and al;l they do is cross into the box for Ronaldo to head.

Dybala under Pep would be a monster.

Gehrman

All you need to do is watch Juve play. Dybala would be great under an attacking manager with a more cohesive team. Juve have a shite mf and al;l they do is cross into the box for Ronaldo to head.

Dybala under Pep would be a monster.
Unfortunately I don't really watch many games apart from United. I should try to more, just in general lack the tv channels to follow football. I'm sure Dybala would a monster if he played to his potential and was in the right system. As you say, he could become a beast under Pep.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
No chance for Ronaldo getting a ballon d’or this year but maybe Juventus can retool over the summer

Charles Miller

I saw in another site his heatmap from the last three seasons and every year he is playing more and more deep. They should use him close to the box as a second striker.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal

PSG bought Mbappe and Neymar for nearly 400€ million (Neymar in his prime), surely not to win the French League. And they got elimanted from a United B-/C-Team. You can't play to win the CL.

Just watch the first 11 from Juve today:
Wojciech, Alex Sandro (on his best), Pjanic and Ronaldo are good enough to win the CL. Dybala maybe.

Chiellini is carrying the Juve defense year for year. No surprise Bonucci was that bad for Milan.

Jinn

Now is the time to buy him...even if it's only for a year or so.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
PSG bought Mbappe and Neymar for nearly 400€ million (Neymar in his prime), surely not to win the French League. And they got elimanted from a United B-/C-Team. You can't play to win the CL.

Just watch the first 11 from Juve today:
Wojciech, Alex Sandro (on his best), Pjanic and Ronaldo are good enough to win the CL. Dybala maybe.

Chiellini is carrying the Juve defense year for year. No surprise Bonucci was that bad for Milan.
Well the truth is that Juve did buy him to try and win the UCL, because they’ve been very very close without Ronaldo, a couple times over the last 3 years or so.

But yeah, it’s also a bit of a lottery. This was their best chance, I think. Madrid is rebuilding, & they had Ajax and now Spurs to get to the final.

And I can’t see Juve spending big in the summer. Maybe I’m wrong.

RoyH1

Juve was betting it all in winning the CL this season. Big failure for them to not even come close.
Next season will be even harder. Expect Bayern and Real to rebuild and be up there again.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
He's not happy about this but he did what he could, 5 goals in 4 games in the knockout stages, he scored all the 5 goals Juventus scored in this stage.
Juventus has been pretty poor this year, even in Serie A Juventus has been winning games it should have lost.
If they want the CL they have to invest more in midfield (pretty poor for their ambition) and new CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.