Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green_Red

If Rooney didn't fulfil his potential then I would love to see what he would have achieved had he.

In my humble opinion the ONLY thing missing from his glittering career is a Balon D'Or which considering he played in the Messi / Ronaldo era is understandable not to have won it.

But brilliant career from a brilliant player. Anyone that says otherwise needs their head checked.

Luke1995

Is Martial that young though ? Isn't he 25 now ? Think they all potentially can get better but I don't see Martial getting much better, and I have been a big fan of his. He has great technical ability but his movement isn't great.

Also, why can none of our strikers head a ball ? Its basically nailed on that no forward will score a header.
Yeah, but he just turned 25 a few weeks ago. I can see him potentially improving until 27 or 28 years of age but these improvements need to start coming right now in his case.

Well, I think heading is not something that can really be trained. Unless the player has a crazy mindset of ''I must learn to head'' like Ronaldo himself did after his first few seasons here, most players just believe they can win games with their feets.

Romario wasn't very tall but heading came naturally to him when he had the chance. The brazilian Ronaldo was super tall but it was never a quality of his.

Our forwards... I think they just couldn't develop that early on and it's harder now.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The brazilian Ronaldo was super tall but it was never a quality of his.
Super tall...
181-183 cm seems to be the concensus
So around or just under 6ft ... I mean super tall is subjective so if you think 6ft is super tall ok... but you would be in the minority with that I think

https://www.celebheights.com/s/-Ronaldo-50041.html

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ronaldo/profil/spieler/3140

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronaldo_(Brazilian_footballer)

Martial listed as 181 cm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Martial

Rashford must be super super tall at 185 cm... surprised he's not in double figures with headers alone by your metrics

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Marcus-Rashford-50259.html

Or perhaps brazilain ronaldo wasn't super tall based on you know his actual height

Luke1995

Super tall...
So around or just under 6ft ... I mean super tall is subjective so if you think 6ft is super tall ok... but you would be in the minority with that I think

Martial listed as 181 cm

Rashford must be super super tall at 185 cm... surprised he's not in double figures with headers alone by your metrics

Or perhaps brazilain ronaldo wasn't super tall based on you know his actual height
6ft is tall. Maybe not super tall. But it still gives him a good chance to score plenty of headers. I think he scored less than he could.

Luke1995

Anyway, just to put the thread back on topic, would this market impacted by covid change the price Juventus would demand for Cristiano before the pandemic ?

Kyonn

Anyway, just to put the thread back on topic, would this market impacted by covid change the price Juventus would demand for Cristiano before the pandemic ?
I think the rumored Pogba swap deal makes sense for both teams on some level. And its more than fair value for Juventus. That said I can't see it happening. Think Ronaldo will see our his contract and sign for a team like PSG

If he were to return to United would love to see him move back to RW. Instead of scoring 20-30 goals it would be more like 10-15 goals plus 10-15 assist. Would solve a lot of problems in this current United team and bridge the gap to Diallo/Pellestri.

Luke1995

I think the rumored Pogba swap deal makes sense for both teams on some level. And its more than fair value for Juventus. That said I can't see it happening. Think Ronaldo will see our his contract and sign for a team like PSG

If he were to return to United would love to see him move back to RW. Instead of scoring 20-30 goals it would be more like 10-15 goals plus 10-15 assist. Would solve a lot of problems in this current United team and bridge the gap to Diallo/Pellestri.
I think a extension was triggered on Pogba's contract for a further year, so it's not like there's a rush to sell him. At least, it seems like Ole wants him for the long term.

Kyonn

I think a extension was triggered on Pogba's contract for a further year, so it's not like there's a rush to sell him. At least, it seems like Ole wants him for the long term.
Pogba can sign with Juventus/PSG for free in a little over 12 months. It's sell him this summer or never.

davidmichael

Wasting his time at Juventus. Come home Ronnie.
Has Ronaldo got 18 months left on his contract ? It’ll be nice to see someone else win Serie A this season and hopefully AC Milan as I hate seeing them struggle unless it’s against us, I think Ronaldo will be off to MLS after Juve to either play for LA Galaxy or Beckham’s team.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Still 35 years young. This man will thrive in this team. We create more chances per game than all past 3 seasons combined now.

dinostar77

If he leaves Juventus then it will be for MLS i think or maybe PSG. Too old and expensive to bring back to Utd. Plus it would ruin his legend at Utd if he his return turned out to be rubbish. MLS at Inter Miami with Messi. Jesus could you imagine the media coverage and the sellout crowds for that.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This is gaining a bit of traction online in recent days, Ronaldo to United.

Pogba + 20million would probably do it given his age?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If he leaves Juventus then it will be for MLS i think or maybe PSG. Too old and expensive to bring back to Utd. Plus it would ruin his legend at Utd if he his return turned out to be rubbish. MLS at Inter Miami with Messi. Jesus could you imagine the media coverage and the sellout crowds for that.
Highly unlikely - but imagine the scenes. It would complete a wonderful battle between the two, for them to play with each other for a season or so.

Irrational.

He is a physical freak of nature and could definitely do a job for us for at least the next couple of years, even as a rotational option like Ibra. It would be a great swansong for him.

Would take him at the right price.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pogba +20m is a bit of a joke tbh. His wages are astronomical and he's 36.
He should be a free signing.

Hughes35

I would absolutely love us to sign him. No way it should be for a big fee though considering his age.

dinostar77

Wouldnt go anywhere near CR now. Too much of a commitment as a financial pacakge. Wont accept a rotational role. Hes Ronaldo, he starts every game. Period.

We dont need him. Money better spend on other parts of the team.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wouldnt go anywhere near CR now. Too much of a commitment as a financial pacakge. Wont accept a rotational role. Hes Ronaldo, he starts every game. Period.

Why would we bring him home for a rotational role. He would be the star of the team the moment he arrives.

that ship sailed a long time ago.

if we had a team that needed a ‘final piece of the jigsaw’ type signing for a year, then maybe. But we are Growing a team.

I know it’s Ronaldo, and love him, but we would have to change too much to accommodate him.

Oranges038

Ah, The bi-annual he's coming home transfer news. It feels like this is kind of a running joke in the media at this stage and will be reported every 6 months even when's he's long retired.

January 2035
Cristiano Ronaldo to come out of retirement to rejoin Man Utd. (That's if he's retired by then)

After 10 years of this I think I've finally accepted it's not going to happen.

lsd

The Oracle

2 goals from Martial would suggest we need him immediately

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
No way he's leaving this January. They have a good shot in the CL given that most top teams are struggling to keep any kind of consistency.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ah, The bi-annual he's coming home transfer news. It feels like this is kind of a running joke in the media at this stage and will be reported every 6 months even when's he's long retired.

January 2035
Cristiano Ronaldo to come out of retirement to rejoin Man Utd. (That's if he's retired by then)

After 10 years of this I think I've finally accepted it's not going to happen.
This is the first time since he's left that I see a slight chance of it happening. It's still unlikely, but for the first time I think he'd be tempted as long as our current up-turn in form continues and we at least compete for the title. The question for the first time is more whether we would want him back at this stage.

Nobody else in Italy can afford him, I doubt Bayern would go for him and I don't think he'd go anywhere else in England or Spain other than ourselves and Real. That leaves staying at Juventus for another year (although rumours are they want to sell), going to PSG (I expect they'll try to sign either Ronaldo or Messi), or going 'home' to either Man Utd or Real. The first two options are certainly the most likely, but there's a chance he goes for the latter.

I guess there's also a chance he goes to America, but I think he'll want another couple of years in Europe first so he can try to win another CL and Ballon d'or.

Oranges038

This is the first time since he's left that I see a slight chance of it happening. It's still unlikely, but for the first time I think he'd be tempted as long as our current up-turn in form continues and we at least compete for the title. The question for the first time is more whether we would want him back at this stage.

Nobody else in Italy can afford him, I doubt Bayern would go for him and I don't think he'd go anywhere else in England or Spain other than ourselves and Real. That leaves staying at Juventus for another year (although rumours are they want to sell), going to PSG (I expect they'll try to sign either Ronaldo or Messi), or going 'home' to either Man Utd or Real. The first two options are certainly the most likely, but there's a chance he goes for the latter.

I guess there's also a chance he goes to America, but I think he'll want another couple of years in Europe first so he can try to win another CL and Ballon d'or.
Only a week ago there were reports he was extending his contract to 2023 with them. He has as good a chance to win the Champions League with Juve this year as any other team left in it. He's not going to come to Utd to have a chance to win the Premier League or Europa League.

I think, there's more chance of my dog that disappeared 25 years ago suddenly reappearing.

piesel

A few days ago reliable Juventus journalists like Luca Momblano and Romeo Agresti said that renewal (to 2023) talks are ongoing.

Raredaredevil

He is almost 36, turns 37 next summer when his contract ends but he keeps defying age is just a number with his goals output. If he can reduce his salary wage, I think we should go for him. In another news, good on him for turning down £5.3 million from Saudi Arabia to be the face of their country's tourism.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He is almost 36, turns 37 next summer when his contract ends but he keeps defying age is just a number with his goals output. If he can reduce his salary wage, I think we should go for him. In another news, good on him for turning down £5.3 million from Saudi Arabia to be the face of their country's tourism.
People will still be posting this in 5 years when he's in the US.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
People will still be posting this in 5 years when he's in the US.
Easier to do in easier leagues. The PL is a completely different beast to Serie A, he would still be a top player if he came back to the PL but he isn't going to put up his past freak numbers anymore. He will likely have to drop down in league difficulty and intensity in the next few years if he wants to play into his 40's. MLS is perfect for this. His global popularity is well suited to America. Making a lot of money in a place like California, allowing him to expand his career past football.

beingshe7don

Super tall...

Martial listed as 181 cm

It's not even about the height. I just think Martial has plateaued. I don't see the desire to better oneself. Rashford may not be naturally gifted as Martial but you can clearly see that desire to get better although he's far from perfect. At some point, it would make sense to move Martial on and get someone in whose far more consistent. People may argue that Martial is just having an off season and that he did well last season. But how much longer can we expect these topsy turvy performances? If we are to win the league, we need consistent performances and that stems from the consistent performances the players put in.

beingshe7don

he spent the best part of his career elsewhere and he’d be our highest earner while we play him into retirement. Wouldn’t surprise me at all
Although I would love to have CR7 but I just think we wouldn't be improving as a team with him brought back. I mean CR7 would definitely score us goals and all but from a team perspective, I'm not sure he'd help us achieve our vision and then again the crazy wages. If Messi ends up at City, I would consider going all-in for Grealish, Sancho, and perhaps even Haaland. Those 3 players along with a decent DM would put us on equal footing with City.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Although I would love to have CR7 but I just think we wouldn't be improving as a team with him brought back. I mean CR7 would definitely score us goals and all but from a team perspective, I'm not sure he'd help us achieve our vision and then again the crazy wages. If Messi ends up at City, I would consider going all-in for Grealish, Sancho, and perhaps even Haaland. Those 3 players along with a decent DM would put us on equal footing with City.
we need to stop being top players backup option or the name they use to get a new contract. The only way we can do that is by finding our own players who are on the way up who are happy to spend their best years with us. We also need to stop ignoring positrons that are crying out for an upgrade for years and then getting upset when we are aren’t able to match the best teams come crunch time

Last edited:

beingshe7don

we need to stop being top players backup option or the name they use to get a new contract. The only way we can do that is by finding players who are on the way up who are happy to spend their best years with us and not ignoring positrons that are crying out for an upgrade for years and then getting upset when we are aren’t able to match the best teams come crunch time
I agree. I think Grealish and Sancho would offer us that Bruno-esque mentality and possibly consistency in performances and both of them would love to play for United. Yes, yes.... Sancho and consistency have been a divorced couple this season but I think the transfer falling out dented his performances which in turn impacted his confidence as well. Sancho in a United shirt would recapture his form with the likes of Rashford, Greenwood, and Bruno around him.

SAFMUTD

Ship has sailed with him, would be a really poor decision to take him at this moment. He would have virtualy no resale value, would cost 50M at least and he's earning around 575K per weej which is around 30M per season. We are talking about a 110M millon on a player that will last no more than 2 years at top level and after that you got no one.

Actually I think Juve fecked up big time with him, of course he's been amazing with them but paying 117M for a 33 year old player is just a stupid move no matter how you look at it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I agree. I think Grealish and Sancho would offer us that Bruno-esque mentality and possibly consistency in performances and both of them would love to play for United. Yes, yes.... Sancho and consistency have been a divorced couple this season but I think the transfer falling out dented his performances which in turn impacted his confidence as well. Sancho in a United shirt would recapture his form with the likes of Rashford, Greenwood, and Bruno around him.
yeah sancho would have been winning us points this year no bother. Martial and Rashford need taking out for a few games when they walk around like they did last night the problem is we’ve currently put all our eggs in that basket and a saver on Cavani and it’s not enough

lsd

The Oracle
We need Cavani in the first 11, and Haaland in 2022. Living in the past will do us no good.

You seriously saying Martial is better than Ronaldo right now? as i have no doubt Ronaldo playing in this side wins us the league this season

Status
Not open for further replies.