Cristiano Ronaldo

Zen

The longevity of Ronaldo might just be the tie breaker to settle the debate once and for all.
But Messi now > Ronaldo 2 years ago.... so who's to say he's gonna even win that?

Rojow

Ronaldo will play until his 40 if that's what he needs to hold or break some record. Meanwhile, i see the counterpart some day simply waking up and think about retirement to spend his time with his family.

BULB

Ronaldo would be a circus and he'd have it written into his contract that he has to start every game in his favourite position.

If he dropped his wage demands to 300k a week you might give it a few minutes thought, but we all know he won't want to come that bad.

RedRonaldo

All of Serie A’s top 6 have scored 60+ goals, only two of Spain’s top 6 have. Defensive Serie A stopped being a thing a long time ago
I think it’s more on team specific, whether the team is more open to attack, or more on defensive. For example, Barca has scored 80 league goal this season, by far the most in La Liga due to their traditional attacking style of play... but the 2nd most scoring team in La Liga only has 67, then 61, 58, 51.. last one is 26.

Whereas in Serie A, first team scored 79, then 74, 74, and Juventus has 67... while the last team has 37.

RedRonaldo

Ronaldo will play until his 40 if that's what he needs to hold or break some record. Meanwhile, i see the counterpart some day simply waking up and think about retirement to spend his time with his family.
I don’t if there’s any record he still need to break, maybe the international one? But he is only 6-7 goals behind so he is going to break it soon.
But true if Messi plays few years longer, he could still break Ronaldo’s record. So all he need to do, is to retire at about the same time as Messi, in order to hold his record.

Bebestation

I think it’s more on team specific, whether the team is more open to attack, or more on defensive. For example, Barca has scored 80 league goal this season, by far the most in La Liga due to their traditional attacking style of play... but the 2nd most scoring team in La Liga only has 67, then 61, 58, 51.. last one is 26.

Whereas in Serie A, first team scored 79, then 74, 74, and Juventus has 67... while the last team has 37.
Exactly it's the way the team plays and how important defense is a part of a team's performance which cant be looked at by goals scored stats.

Italy and England value defense the most out of the leagues in my opinion & that's with or without world class defenders.

RUCK4444

Ronaldo would be a circus and he'd have it written into his contract that he has to start every game in his favourite position.

If he dropped his wage demands to 300k a week you might give it a few minutes thought, but we all know he won't want to come that bad.
Think about it for a moment. Why wouldn't you want Ronaldo in the team over Martial and Cavani?

Now I love Cavani, he's been an awesome signing. But he's not Ronaldo. Martial is, well, Martial... who has done his best impression of a non-professional footballer all season.

Ronaldo on a two year deal would be brilliant for us imo (that's if we cannot get Haaland or Kane - which would be my first choice option.)

Ronnie still has the movement and timing, as good as anybody in the box. Which is how he still scores so many goals at his age.

We wouldn't have to channel every attack through him, we have other good attacking players in the team, if we could keep Pogba and field both him and Bruno behind Ronaldo with options like Greenwood and Rashford to put into the mix then it would be an excellent overall attack. We've kept pace with City in the amount of goals scored this season, put Ronnie in our attack this season and we would have done much better... just look at the amount of guilt edged chances we've missed all season (there are vids on youtube.)

Has any footballer in a major league ever has a ‘must play’ or ‘must play’ clause written into a contract?