Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riz

I’d offer him a two year deal with option for 3rd. He’s quite clearly still one of the fittest athletes about. Against Lyon he looked nippy as hell for whatever the hell age that he is. Unless he gets a massive, career injury he’d probably break Rooneys record if he came back.
Rooney’s goal record? I think that’s probably beyond even him at this stage. He’d need 136 more. As good as he is, I don’t think he’s got 5 seasons of 30+ goals left in him, especially not in England for a United team which isn’t the top dog anymore.

mshnsh

Diabolical post. Part in bold is particularly bad.
Really? So in what aspect of attacking play is Cristiano better than Neymar?

Dribbling? Not even close, Neymar is better

Creativity? Not even close, Neymar is better

Passing? Not even close, Neymar is better

Goalscoring? Cristiano is better, unquestionably.

I understand that Cristiano once played for United but the exaggeration of his abilities on this forum (and in the press, solely due to his comparisons with Messi) is bewildering. The guy is a fantastic goalscorer but the rest of his game has never been at the level of what Neymar is capable of producing.

Jibbs

Ronaldo on a free would be amazing. He can still score 25 goals over 38 games in any league in the world for at least couple of years more.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would love him back. I was thrilled to see Ibrahimovic in person, one of the real highlights of recent years for me as a fan.

This would top that 10 times over. Sometimes football is just about memories and special moments. Might not be the smartest move, but if Sancho isn’t coming, I would absolutely love this.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Rooney’s goal record? I think that’s probably beyond even him at this stage. He’d need 136 more. As good as he is, I don’t think he’s got 5 seasons of 30+ goals left in him, especially not in England for a United team which isn’t the top dog anymore.
He’d need three and half seasons at the rate that he’s going now. I wouldn’t bet against him. He’s probably the fittest footballer to ever exist. He’s a freak of nature. The way that he is, he’d probably make it his mission. Imagine being a top goal scorer at Man Utd and Real Madrid. That would certainly not be repeated any time soon.

Edit: I’m not saying he’d definitely do it in 3-4 seasons but in 5 — definitely. I could see him playing for another 5 seasons easily. He’s just a beast.

Riz

I understand that Cristiano once played for United but the exaggeration of his abilities on this forum (and in the press, solely due to his comparisons with Messi) is bewildering. The guy is a fantastic goalscorer but the rest of his game has never been at the level of what Neymar is capable of producing.
Go to bed mate. The Ronaldo of 07/08 surpasses anything Neymar has ever done.

Red00012

We did the same with Sanchez, then De Gea and about to do with Pogba.
Sanchez is gone and there seems to be no major financial problems with Utd handing out the wages to DDG pre corona and probably Pogba post corona .

Would juve has bought Ronaldo if they knew what was going to happen to the world?

Riz

He’d need three and half seasons at the rate that he’s going now. I wouldn’t bet against him. He’s probably the fittest footballer to ever exist. He’s a freak of nature. The way that he is, he’d probably make it his mission. Imagine being a top goal scorer at Man Utd and Real Madrid. That would certainly not be repeated any time soon.
I don’t think you can compare the rate he’s going at now playing in Serie A for Juventus with playing for this United in the Premier League. I don’t think he’d be scoring 40+ a season if he joined us, definitely not for 3/4 seasons in a row.

Paxi

I don’t think you can compare the rate he’s going at now playing in Serie A for Juventus with playing for this United in the Premier League. I don’t think he’d be scoring 40+ a season if he joined us, definitely not for 3/4 seasons in a row.
I think he’d cope with the intensity of the premier league quite well if you let him conserve his energy. Granted, we’d have to have the whole team playing to accommodate one player but I’m confident he’d score bucketloads, considering the PL is a shambles defensively imo. He’d piss on the current PL teams from a great height, if Ibra could do it Ronaldo would have no problem. I would still put him as one of the fittest guys on the planet so I don’t really see a problem with him playing in the Premiership again.

Scholsey2004

Ridiculous. Ronaldo's one of the all time greats. Neymar isn't. It's just that simple. You're talking rubbish.

RedMilo

Wow you are being serious arent you! I had the pleasure of watching CR7 live on many occasions, and his partnership with Wayne Rooney & Carlos Tevez was breathtaking at times. I have never seen such a beast of a player from 2007-2009(he was the best I have ever seen, by a country mile and thats no exageration). His professionalism wanting to be the best sets him apart. Yeah Neymar has got loads of ability but his progress halted when he swapped Barca for PSG, the french league being piss poor. Any comparisons is just foolish, Ronaldo has done it at the highest level in the 3 best leagues in the world.

RashyForPM

At the moment, Neymar is better — that I agree. However, the last paragraph is just wrong. Never at the level of Neymar? You’re saying Neymar’s always been the better player? Insane.

CM

What's this talk of getting him on a free? Juventus aren't going to write off £100m after 2 years

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
This proves your blind bias towards Cristiano. In pure footballing terms Neymar is a far better allround footballer than Cristiano has ever been. The only reason why this has not translated into wider recognition is due to Neymar's immaturity and Cristiano's goalscoring ability (regardless of how simple the goal may be) and desire.

In any team, Neymar, because of his much superior vision, creativity and dribbling ability is more likely to improve the team than Cristiano who would rely on being spoon-fed to score or on blind shooting and would contribute little else. This applies to most of the seasons at Madrid, the last couple at United and now at Juventus. However, as I already pointed out, Neymar has so far lacked the maturity to carry his team and tbf has also had injuries at critical points in the last 2 seasons. PS I am not a Neymar fan for his antics.

This is the most stupid post in Redcafe history. Congratulations.

Honestly, I am impressed.

mshnsh

Wow you are being serious arent you! I had the pleasure of watching CR7 live on many occasions, and his partnership with Wayne Rooney & Carlos Tevez was breathtaking at times. I have never seen such a beast of a player from 2007-2009(he was the best I have ever seen, by a country mile and thats no exageration). His professionalism wanting to be the best sets him apart. Yeah Neymar has got loads of ability but his progress halted when he swapped Barca for PSG, the french league being piss poor. Any comparisons is just foolish, Ronaldo has done it at the highest level in the 3 best leagues in the world.
Granted that Cristiano was excellent in 06/07 in terms of all round play but in 07/08 how may games did you watch where his goals papered over an otherwise poor/average performance? . There were many! In 08/09 he was poor for most of the season and only came alive in March. I will repeat that interms of allround play, Cristiano's abilities have always been exaggerated; he has never reached the kind of level that Neymar did today. So, your statements clearly rose tinted. Ronaldo, to many United/Real fans is like an ex girlfriend dumped them who they simply cant get over.

CG1010

Forget Sancho, bring our CR7 back on the right wing :devil: (yeah I know he won't play there even if he came but one could dream)

Paxi

Granted that Cristiano was excellent in 06/07 in terms of all round play but in 07/08 how may games did you watch where his goals papered over an otherwise poor/average performance? . There were many! In 08/09 he was poor for most of the season and only came alive in March. I will repeat that interms of allround play, Cristiano's abilities have always been exaggerated; he has never reached the kind of level that Neymar did today. So, your statements clearly rose tinted. Ronaldo, to many United/Real fans is like an ex girlfriend dumped them who they simply cant get over.
Oh please stop. Go away now.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Age and wages aside, wouldn’t it be a smart move? He’s a man utd legend, a leader and a match winner.

Suedesi

it is €57m fee not to make Juve incur in an accounting loss + his €31m/year net wage, so he’s surely bound in golden handcuffs at this stage :rolleyes: .... or maybe a swap???:D
No dude, you're welcome to him.

And Higuian

And Ramsey

And Khedira

And all the other immondizia Juve bought on free at ridiculous salaries that are hard to shift now

talking robot

Age and wages aside, wouldn’t it be a smart move? He’s a man utd legend, a leader and a match winner.
He'd provide a short term solution to help us navigate the champion's league, would provide competition for places across the front three, and would serve as a leader and role model while here. We could really do worse.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How serious are they about wanting to shift him? Is it just ballbag having a jab at Messi's rival or concrete?

RedMilo

Yeah Im not biting. If your serious then you need to go back and watch all the games again, the guy was unbelievable. If you are on here to wind folk up then, I respectfully suggest you find something more productive to do with your life, you only live it once pal.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
“They have even offered him to Barca”:lol:. They are so broke they want to get rid of players’ wages. As if they are going to take on another player who makes 1m+ a week

Suedesi

How serious are they about wanting to shift him? Is it just ballbag having a jab at Messi's rival or concrete?
Pretty serious. He's completely fecked their wage budget / mercato for a few years at no real benefit. Juve could have won the scudetto without him, but the dream was always the CL which they're no closer to getting. In fact they're further.

RedStarUnited

Yeah when we finally have some sort of an attack with an identity, we go and get a old legend back for nostalgia.

Ronaldo is great, but the time to resign him has passed.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Pretty serious. He's completely fecked their wage budget / mercato for a few years at no real benefit. Juve could have won the scudetto without him, but the dream was always the CL which they're no closer to getting. In fact they're further.
So serious people reporting this and not just Guillem?

Would he lower his wages a tad and would they let him leave on a free... :drool:

Jibbs

I wouldn't mind de Ligt and Ronaldo in exchange of Pogba.

Suedesi

Can't compare Neymar to Ronaldo - one is a playmaker the other is a striker. They're both ridiculously talented let's leave it at that.

RDCR07

Would he lower his wages a tad and would they let him leave on a free... :drool:
I doubt he would lower his wage demand. Question is if it goes tits up at Juve will he be willing to move to China? That’s prolly the only place that can match if not better his wages even at this age.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ronaldo, played as an out and out #9 still has 3 maybe 4 season of absolutely top class strike GPG ratios in him. You're kidding yourself if you think his output would slow down in the PL. It is, however, wholly dependent on the supply lines to him as he's a box player more than not if you want to optimise and preserve him.

His wage and the potential noses he'd put out of joint that are the biggest issues, not what you're going to get from him on the pitch. Ronaldo's 35 is the normal great players' 30; him coming down is still above the apex of all but the top few players in the world.

Hypothetically, him coming to United would wreck Rashford's trajectory and put Martial back out on the wing. It's a lot of disruption considering those are supposed to be two stars for us, now and well into the 2020's.

But there's no doubt, no doubt at all, you're getting yourself an elite performer for your money, now and for a number seasons yet.

I actually think the club would go for it because the PR aspect and marketing etc. would blow literally any other player we could land out of the water. I doubt Ronaldo would come back to England, however.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I doubt he would lower his wage demand. Question is if it goes tits up at Juve will he be willing to move to China? That’s prolly the only place that can match if not better his wages even at this age.
He's not going to go off the map. He needs way more attention than that. He'd be more likely to join Becks, even though that would spell retirement.

We could do this for two seasons. Having an absolute winner in the dressing room would be incredible for our team.

I think we should do a poll...

Suedesi

I wouldn't want him at United

Makes 1m a week, transfer fee + agent fee you're looking at 150m quid easily.

Could use that money elsewhere.

RDCR07

He's not going to go off the map. He needs way more attention than that. He'd be more likely to join Becks, even though that would spell retirement.

We could do this for two seasons. Having an absolute winner in the dressing room would be incredible for our team.

I think we should do a poll...
I wouldn’t mind having him but not for 1m a week in wages. We can’t sustain that. We are a significantly rich club but we aren’t that rich and I’m sure the likes of Barca and Madrid cook the books a little bit and not show their exact wage structure. It’s easier to do that in countries like Spain or Italy than in the US or UK.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
The young forward line have achieved alot of self belief and coherency now and to put a dampener on that potential developing even further to go for the insanely selfish ego oldboy in the form of a 35 yr Ronaldo,who lets be honest aside from the goals (penalties) has looked very patchy this year interms of all-round play, would be such a backwards move from United and would merely illustrate the lazy opportunistic nature the club has been criticised for in the past in signing over the hill individuals still rings true today .

Grateful for what Ronaldo achieved with us,which seems like a lifetime ago, but cant we move on from this guy already.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wouldn't want him at United

Makes 1m a week, transfer fee + agent fee you're looking at 150m quid easily.

Could use that money elsewhere.
Well, he guarantees a ton of goals, more so in our setup than Juve's I'd assume. As @Fortitude says, would be somewhat of a challenge for Rashford's development in terms of game time, but I think overall he'd be a hugely positive impact on our younger players, not least in terms of mentality, which is gold. We wouldn't need to spend maybe 20-30m on a backup striker once Ighalo's loan finishes (if those rumours are true, that Ole wants another striker then). Marketing money would surely increase. He would obviously improve us quite a lot. The fans would love it.

If Juve are desperate to shift him, they might just have to do a cheap deal, we could of course sweeten it by sending a player or two the other way that we're actively looking to shift (making more room in our wage bill).

Status
Not open for further replies.