Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStar

Wow. I thought we were done with Ronaldo back to United. Wow.
Seriously, wouldn’t be surprised if we saw this thread back again in 2/3 years and
potentially as a manager :lol:

He would completely disrupt the progress we have made over the last season and a half, and also the wage structure.

Our entire system has to change to supply him, just when we finally have multiple goal scorers across the team. And forget pressing from the front. Now just need someone to say that the shirt sales will make up for this wages...

IAmAWinner

If we had a chance, we should do everything possible to bring him back. Can easily still play at the top level for 3 years.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
That's the problem with Ronaldo fanboys. Frankly it's embarrassing how you have to resort to attacking someone personally just to make a point. Shameful.
I didnt attack anyone personally. I said his post was bad. It is.

Ironically, you're the one who has jumped to the personal attack here.

sHaMeFuL.

SwedishFish

Juventus want to free up his wages for a reason.

He earns half a million euros a week at Juve. As much as I'd want him back still it would have to be for a pay cut if it's going to be worthwhile.

We shouldn't be even close to matching that at his age. They really dropped the ball by buying him for 80 million. No progress 2 years later on their Champions League dreams with an aging squad. One of many bad decisions Juve made in the last few years.

cyberman

We would win the league with him. Cant see why signing Sancho wouldnt hold anyone back while a top 5 player would

Superunknown

He's a phenomenal player and a club legend. But I don't think we should sign him. It doesn't fit in with what we are trying to do as a club. We are looking to build players who could potentially have the same impact that he has had on us. We're looking for young, exciting, hungry talents who could become the next club legends. Signing Ronaldo again doesn't fit in with that.

It reminds me a lot of the Ghostbusters reboot. The fans don't really want a Ghostbusters reboot. They want "something" that gives them the same feelings that the original films gave them. Something new, fresh, exciting and different to what they have seen before.

We are finally getting somewhere post-Sir Alex and have some exciting players at the club again. We need to follow this path. It will bring us better longer term rewards.

M4YON

Strange. I don't recall it like that.He wanted to go to another club when we were Lords of Europe. His right of course but it doesn't endear him to me.
True he wanted to leave, however since leaving he has had nothing but great things to say about the club, his time here and Sir Alex. I remember reading something about him advising Bruno to come here too.

He annoyed a lot of people when he left and I understand why but he has huge respect for united, and Sir Alex and thats enough for many fans to still like him.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Unlike the previous two managers it’s good that Ole is not interested to make us a place for almost retired footballers.
As good as he was and still is, the club is moving in another direction.
And he won’t be interested in returning either.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
True he wanted to leave, however since leaving he has had nothing but great things to say about the club, his time here and Sir Alex. I remember reading something about him advising Bruno to come here too.

He annoyed a lot of people when he left and I understand why but he has huge respect for united, and Sir Alex and thats enough for many fans to still like him.
I have no problem liking him, hell I like him myself, but some Reds love him!
They positively fawn over him. They would have his babies by the looks of it.
Mystifying.

Classical Mechanic

Juventus want to free up his wages for a reason.

He earns half a million euros a week at Juve. As much as I'd want him back still it would have to be for a pay cut if it's going to be worthwhile.

We shouldn't be even close to matching that at his age. They really dropped the ball by buying him for 80 million. No progress 2 years later on their Champions League dreams with an aging squad. One of many bad decisions Juve made in the last few years.
They’ve actually gone backwards. It’s a beautiful thing.

M4YON

I have no problem liking him, hell I like him myself, but some Reds love him!
They positively fawn over him. They would have his babies by the looks of it.
Mystifying.
Yeah he's a fantastic footballer and I like the guy, he has my respect but have his babies? I wouldn't go that far xD

Red_toad

We would win the league with him. Cant see why signing Sancho wouldnt hold anyone back while a top 5 player would
We wouldn’t be signing Sancho if we brought Ronaldo back, his wages are astronomical, around €36 million per season. He’s a great player, but his time is past at United.
I’ve no idea Who would want to purchase him, China would have been an option before their government put in new regulation, I know he’s too good for there but his wages are just too vast for everyone now.

cyberman

We wouldn’t be signing Sancho if we brought Ronaldo back, his wages are astronomical, around €36 million per season. He’s a great player, but his time is past at United.
I’ve no idea Who would want to purchase him, China would have been an option before their government put in new regulation, I know he’s too good for there but his wages are just too vast for everyone now.
Ronaldo here for 2 seasons would be cheaper than buying Sancho. Hell with Sanchos contract he might be a stop gap until we sign him.

Traub

Also SAF wrote in his book that it always known we'd only get a few years from Ronaldo - i think Queiroz told him this.

EwanI Ted

I'd be very reluctant to be honest. He was always a hog but watching Juve this season he just seems to the worlds best goalhanger. Basically if there's a goal in it for him, he's on it. If not, he seems to amble around letting others get on with the game. He was never particularly defensive, even in his United days, but he was very involved in general play and would work hard in all the attacking phases. Now he really looks like his own goal tally is about all that matters to him.

If I was to highlight two areas Id like to see us improve on this season, it would be our coordinated pressing and being better in attacking possession. I think we'd go backwards on both with Ronaldo in the team. I dont doubt he'd score plenty of goals, but I think he'd arrest our progress in important areas and we'd go backwards overall.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

I'd be very reluctant to be honest. He was always a hog but watching Juve this season he just seems to the worlds best goalhanger. Basically if there's a goal in it for him, he's on it. If not, he seems to amble around letting others get on with the game. He was never particularly defensive, even in his United days, but he was very involved in general play and would work hard in all the attacking phases. Now he really looks like his own goal tally is about all that matters to him.

If I was to highlight two areas Id like to see us improve on this season, it would be our coordinated pressing and being better in attacking possession. I think we'd go backwards on both with Ronaldo in the team. I dont doubt he's score plenty of goals, but I think he's arrest our progress in important areas and we'd go backwards overall.
This is sadly true. Is it bad that I’d still do it just to see him in United Red again? :(

Mihai

If we had a chance, we should do everything possible to bring him back. Can easily still play at the top level for 3 years.
We shouldn't. We should improve our squad long term, not try to kick the can further down the road.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

If I was to highlight two areas Id like to see us improve on this season, it would be our coordinated pressing and being better in attacking possession. I think we'd go backwards on both with Ronaldo in the team. I dont doubt he'd score plenty of goals, but I think he'd arrest our progress in important areas and we'd go backwards overall.
Agreed.

1974_Fergie_Time

Be amazed if that happens - where is Ronaldo going to sail his new boat he bought the Manchester canal - he has four kids umpteen cars and loves the sun and mediterainean way of life - can only see him going to Paris and flying home after every game if he leaves Juventus

DarkLord

I didnt attack anyone personally. I said his post was bad. It is.

Ironically, you're the one who has jumped to the personal attack here.

sHaMeFuL.
Just because someone rates Neymar over Ronaldo so you have to call his post the stupidest post. No need to be so aggressive and condescending. This is what I meant when I said I dislike Ronaldo fans. Every thing that is rated over Ronaldo is taken so personally. And what's up with the mix of capitalization and small letters of shameful? Are you like what 12?

romufc

Love Ronaldo but this is a transfer we need to stay clear of at all costs. His wages are way too high for us to look at him.

Offsideagain

Another transfer window, another ‘Should we sign Ronaldo?’ thread. No because he wouldn’t want to come anyway plus he’s getting on a bit. China can afford his wages. I bet Becks would love him to go to Miami.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We mustn't.

The last time it would have made any sense at all was when he went to Juventus, but even then it was a ludicrous fee.

Leave it alone, remember the superb spell he had, rather than risk tarnishing it, and going for a stopgap. We've learnt to move away from this sort of signing recently.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Not saying we should but IF we did, we’d win the league. He’d drag those draws into wins
How, with his 19 goals from open play like this season?. Let Martial shoot 13 penalties in the EPL and he nails the same goals as Ronaldo but in less minutes.

The guy is 35 and has been skipping the final games of the season for almost 5 years now to focus on the biggest stage, he's not turning back the clock and, yeah, maybe he'd want to play the 38 fixtures if United are out of the UCL on R16, but that's not why you sign a player like him when you're playing in a competition that demands more from your players than Spain or Italy over 38 games.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
How, with his 19 goals from open play like this season?. Let Martial shoot 13 penalties in the EPL and he nails the same goals as Ronaldo but in less minutes.

The guy is 35 and has been skipping the final games of the season for almost 5 years now to focus on the biggest stage, he's not turning back the clock and, yeah, maybe he'd want to play the 38 fixtures if United are out of the UCL on R16, but that's not why you sign a player like him when you're playing in a competition that demands more from your players than Spain or Italy over 38 games.
He’d score more and be more of a threat than Ighalo.
Age didn’t stop ibra from scoring.
Not saying he’d play every single game either
Could you imagine choosing a different front 3 from Rashford-Martial-greenwood-Ronaldo
Not to even mention the learnings they’d get from training with him

CG1010

He’d score more and be more of a threat than Ighalo.
Age didn’t stop ibra from scoring.
Not saying he’d play every single game either
Could you imagine choosing a different front 3 from Rashford-Martial-greenwood-Ronaldo
Not to even mention the learnings they’d get from training with him
There is no way Ronaldo isn't first choice if he comes. It would have to be Rashford, Martial and Greenwood fighting for 2 places. Plus with 3 young strikers, I wouldn't mind an experienced top player which would really complete the attack. Of course the biggest issue being his wages of course.

ROFLUTION

Would he want to play on the right, and also track back a fair bit?

I dont think so. It makes no sense playing him up top, if it stalls Martial's amazing development.

I'd love to have him back on the left or right, but it stalls our future stars' development. Ronaldo doesnt play second fiddle.

Id like to see Greenwood play regularly next season as well.

I just watched a video of Messi passing his penalty to to Suarez.
Has Ronaldo ever passed a penalty to a team mate ?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Whether someone would want him here or not is one thing (I would, mainly due to nostalgia) but this is completely false. Just look at Juve's last game. He was dribbling past players and scored from 20 yards. He would be a goalhanger if Sari had decent tactics.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

I dont think so. It makes no sense playing him up top, if it stalls Martial's amazing development.

I'd love to have him back on the left or right, but it stalls our future stars' development. Ronaldo doesnt play second fiddle.

He's not coming but realistically he'd take Rashfords spot.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Love Ronaldo but this is a transfer we need to stay clear of at all costs. His wages are way too high for us to look at him.
Someone made the classic quip about him paying for himself via shirt sales as a joke, but the reality is his wages here would not be an issue as the sponsorship and elevation he brings with him would enable us to sign on the dotted line with partners who currently won't look our way again until we're top of the pile.

Ronaldo is a commercial juggernaut not just for himself but also the teams he plays for. The status quo would not remain and we would not be digging deep from our coffees covering his wage.

Of the concerns about a return, his wages would be some way down the list compared to the potential unrest and noses put out of joint across our whole offensive line.

Like it or loathe it, we'd become team Ronaldo with him back here as the only player with anything like a profile contrasted to Ronaldo's is Pogba and even his is dwarfed in comparison.

Funny, in this hypothetical, it going belly up and you could have our entire attack, inclusive of midfielders, reduced in status in one or another by a single player. Even if this were viable it's wrought with potential pitfalls that could prove, shall we say, problematic.

With Ronaldo is always polemic.

Eddy_JukeZ

I agree.

I would much rather bring in Sancho than Ronaldo.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Was asking the other day. Is he a #9 at Juventus? He seems like a free roaming second striker to me.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Football is in real danger of imploding.

Bale is on 600k a week and not making the match day sqaud some games.

Ronaldo is apparently on even more than that and have seen it said he's on as much as 800k a week. No wonder they want him gone if that's what he's earning. Crazy if true.

And Messi is apparently on even more still and that's bringing up everyone else's wages up so much at Barca that it's killing them financially.

I don't care how good someone is. Nobody is worth anything like 600k a week nevermind nearly 1m. Football wages have always been mental but right now I think they are beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.