Crying with laughter: British soldiers joked about mother’s ‘murder’ on Facebook

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
This is a whole other level of fecked up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
How the feck are they not on trial? This seems ludicrously blatant and out in the open.

stevoc

What the absolute feck, how are they not locked up?
It would reflect badly on the British Army I'd imagine. Same reason they cover up and protect other soldiers who have murdered/killed people.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It would reflect badly on the British Army I'd imagine. Same reason they cover up and protect other soldiers who have murdered/killed people.
I get that line of thinking, but surely what emerges now looks way worse? Absolute vile scum

fergosaurus

It takes a special kind of sick to laugh and joke about this together openly. Disgusting people.

GeorgieBoy

fecking sickening.
Evil cnuts. Surely this is getting looked into?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Get ready for justice for Soldier X campaigns on SocMed and Boris and Priti moving to ensure that British Soldiers get “adequate protection” for anything that happens “during the stresses of duty”.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He should be on trial for this, in Kenya, and should receive the harshest possible sentence. His oppos are fecking demented, sick bastards. His superiors need to be court-martialed and sent to Colchester for a very long time. Sickening stuff.

Paxi

This is what happens when you let in a bunch feckwits - whom are clearly not mentally fit to be soldiers - whom are trained by a generation of corporals who are immature in the first place. They’re all dumb fecks really — top to bottom.

Hope this gets much more coverage than that of that bootneck sergeant who executed a Taliban fighter.

Paxi

Get ready for justice for Soldier X campaigns on SocMed and Boris and Priti moving to ensure that British Soldiers get “adequate protection” for anything that happens “during the stresses of duty”.
All too predictable unfortunately. We’ll have the line being trotted out: “But they defend this county so they’re allowed to behave like absolutely vile cnuts” as if it’s a mitigating factor..

Guys and girls in uniform should be held to a much higher standard than a civilian in my opinion. After all they do go out on peace keeping missions and a lot of time it’s hearts and minds with the local population, when they’re in a theatre, so empathy should be a prerequisite in a soldier. We just have a bunch of psychopaths.

Sweet Square

This is what happens when you let in a bunch feckwits - whom are clearly not mentally fit to be soldiers - whom are trained by a generation of corporals who are immature in the first place. They’re all dumb fecks really — top to bottom.
Does stuff like this and well the massive amount of history showing the British army doing similar crimes make you question that the problem isn't feckwits in the army but rather these awful acts are the goal of the British army ?

Like the army isn't simply full of bad apples that need kicking out but rather as an institution the army produces rotten people ?

Paxi

Does stuff like this and well the massive amount of history showing the British army doing similar crimes make you question that the problem isn't feckwits in the army but rather these awful acts are the goal of the British army ?

Like the army isn't simply full of bad apples that need kicking out but rather as an institution the army produces rotten people ?
I’m not sure to be honest. I served in the British military and I can’t speak highly enough of the guys that I served with. I was actually taught to have integrity first and foremost. So it’s a difficult question for me to answer as I’m going to have biased views based on my experience. Though, there is no doubt; certain elements of the institution need to be changed like accountability and coverups.

Sweet Square

I’m not sure to be honest. I served in the British military and I can’t speak highly enough of the guys that I served with. I was actually taught to have integrity first and foremost. So it’s a difficult question for me to answer as I’m going to have biased views based on my experience. Though, there is no doubt; certain elements of the institution need to be changed like accountability and coverups.
Ah fair enough then.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's scary that he felt able to walk into the pub and tell his friends what had happened, that they happily joked about it afterwards and that the guy who actually reported it was just told to shut up. For that dynamic to exist a lot has to have gone wrong. As a group you go from zero to covering up a murder.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Hope this gets much more coverage than that of that bootneck sergeant who executed a Taliban fighter.
You can change ‘soldiers’ to ‘police officers’ & your missive would be equally as true.

Paxi

It's scary that he felt able to walk into the pub and tell his friends what had happened, that they happily joked about it afterwards and that the guy who actually reported it was just told to shut up. For that dynamic to exist a lot has to have gone wrong. As a group you go from zero to covering up a murder.
This type of stuff happens because it you go over someone’s head, especially if they’re a higher rank — you report him up to chain of command but then that Warrant Officer will try to cover it up anyway. What makes the matter worse is that it’ll all come back to that person whom will be in for a world of hurt and that will get covered up too.

The Firestarter

On another note, all social media has done is show how a massive portion of people have totally skewed value systems, what can be referred as "psychopatic". I wonder, is this skewing somehow occurring due to training in the specific institution or you have to be a morally depraved person in the first place - meaning it's probably your parents' fault.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Nah that's reserved only for NI.

If people don't think this kind of shit hasn't gone on for centuries then they are fools.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That’s what struck me too. Not just one sick guy and some others brushing it under the carpet, but a load of them openly taking the piss.

Paxi

Well probably not every crime. I guess it depends on jurisdictions.
I honestly don’t know but if I were to make a guess I’d say any crime has to be reported from a legal stand point.

diarm

Sickening but sadly, not surprising.

The British military has been celebrating this sort of behaviour for centuries.

stevoc

I get that line of thinking, but surely what emerges now looks way worse? Absolute vile scum
Yes this looks way worse but only because the cover up failed. Which makes you wonder how many cover ups have been successful over the years.

Covering up murders has been standard practice for the British Military for a long time.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The 'defend the troops at all costs' bunch also never seem to think of the possible results of allowing people who get away with cold blooded, senseless murder back onto the streets of the UK later. Obviously justice for the victims should be the primary concern, but even for the racist, nationalist crowd it doesn't make any fecking sense.

LoneStar

If the British or the US troops commit murders, it's swept under the rug. If it's someone who's not their ally, it's treated as a war crime and abuse against humanity.

Just look at how Saudi Arabia is treated compared to other countries. They have so many crimes documented, but it's all good cause they help us. It's just bullying at a global scale.