Cuphead (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch) | 28th July: Out today on PS4

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
A quick search revealed that this gem of an upcoming game doesn't have a thread of its own, so damnit, I'm making a Cuphead thread!

What is it? A collection of bosses all done in an early 20th century cartoon style!
What's it for? Xbox One and PC!
When is it coming? 2016!

They've just revealed T-shirts and Posters for the game - Even at $35-40 per poster, I'm bloody tempted.

Excited?!

JackXX

Ye one of my most anticipated games. Visually it looks amazing.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
That just triggered some massive nostalgia, looks so similar to how I remember Mickey's Wild Adventure if anyone remembers that?
Was it on the PS1? I remember my younger brother had a MM game on the PS1 that was alright.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Had to turn it off after the first two, because I really want some surprises when I go into it, but damn... The game looks better every time I see it :drool: So damn pretty.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
@Alock1 you played it. Just bought it after seeing the good reviews it has gotten.
I haven't no but do plan to grab it. Let me know what you think.

I was surprised the reviews were as high. Minus the fantastic art style, how good can a game like that be?

Sweet Square

@Alock1 you played it. Just bought it after seeing the good reviews it has gotten.
I haven't no but do plan to grab it. Let me know what you think.

I was surprised the reviews were as high. Minus the fantastic art style, how good can a game like that be?
Played about 20 minutes(On the second boss stage)and its brilliant, Contra with cups.

Well worth getting.

ovoxo

This game would be too rage inducing for me. Either you guys are skilled as hell, or mellow as they come.

The game looks awesome though! No taking away from that!

Minkaro

This game would be too rage inducing for me. Either you guys are skilled as hell, or mellow as they come.

Yeah, I think it's one I'll watch Let's Plays of. I'm OK with games upsetting other people, but I'd prefer them to be kind to me!

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I have just run into the trailer and think it looks incredible. Don't know anything about gameplay but the attention to detail in reproducing that look is amazing. It's uncanny, like they've downloaded Ub Iwerks' mind from 80 years ago.

Sweet Square

Yeah, I think it's one I'll watch Let's Plays of. I'm OK with games upsetting other people, but I'd prefer them to be kind to me!
It's a tough game but part of the fun(Well for me anyway)is getting to the patterns of the boss's and finally beating them. Although I should say that I'm the sort of person who really doesn't care how many times I've died.

Nickosaur

Can't wait to get back home at Christmas, and be reunited with my Xbox, this will be the first thing I download.

ovoxo

That’s what I’ve been doing!:lol:

I couldn’t handle the rage, I’d break my controller.

ovoxo

It's a tough game but part of the fun(Well for me anyway)is getting to the patterns of the boss's and finally beating them. Although I should say that I'm the sort of person who really doesn't care how many times I've died.
You’re a very mellow person. But surely you get a little angry especially when it comes up and shows you were close to finishing that boss battle?

Last edited:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You’re very mellow person. But surely you get a little angry especially when it comes up and shows you were close to finishing that boss battle?
Not who you quoted, but I feel learning a pattern is absolutely boring, if you know it after 5 times, then it's repetitive. It has to be sort of random but with a sign to keep you interested. So you see something, know what's coming and react to it. The same thing 50 times is just monotonous. Don't know which way this game Plays, but it looks way too busy for me anyway, too much on the screen at once.

Blind

Really tempted to get it, thought I'd wait until it's on sale but for the sake of a few quid I might as well buy it now.

Blind

I've finished the first world, so far I wouldn't say it's brutally tough, it's all about learning attack patterns and dodging but there is a hell of lot to keep your eyes on at all times. It's remarkably polished, the animations are sublime and it never feels like a chore to play.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Oh my God this looks amazing, I love a hardcore 2D platformer. What's the situation with co-op, local and online or what?

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I'm halfway through world 3 and really enjoying it. The difficulty has plateaued somewhat and the toughest bosses for me were at the start of world 2 so far. Once you get the rhythm and more power ups progression speeds up. The most enjoyable game I've played in a while.

ovoxo

Apparently it's unplayable.
I saw this on Reddit:lol:

Apparently the brown shoes are his ass kicking shoes.

The more I watch it, the more I think I could play it.

AaronRedDevil

That game should go straight back to hell where it came from.

Last edited:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I have it on my Switch watchlist. Was planning on getting it when I complete Hollow Night but at the rate I'm going, that'll probably never happen :lol:

AaronRedDevil

yeah, feck this game. I got more annoyed with this after watching a speed-run for it.
My friend got it for me knowing I wouldn't be able to beat it. I finally beat it after 2 weeks. I don't play HARD games like the souls or sekiro games. I like to enjoy playing games, not get annoyed. It broke my soul, my mind, my sanity. I'm not kidding but I must have died at least 500-600 times till I beat it, by pure stupid luck at the end.