Current Best World XI

Chief123

If you were a manager and money was no object and FFP was non-existent (as it is now), who would be the XI that you would go out and buy today?

Before i post mine, it would be interesting to see what your choice would be first. You can have any formation as long as its a balanced one. i.e. not a 2-2-6 formation.

:D

Paul_Scholes18

Ter Stegen
TAA Van Dijk Ramos A Davies
Kimmich Fabinho
De Bruyne
Messi Lewandowski Neymar

Davicho

If you were a manager and money was no object and FFP was non-existent (as it is now), who would be the XI that you would go out and buy today?

Before i post mine, it would be interesting to see what your choice would be first. You can have any formation as long as its a balanced one. i.e. not a 2-2-6 formation.

:D
------------------------Oblak-----------------------------
TAA---------Van Dijk---Ramos---Robertson
----------------------Kimmich--------------------------
----------DeBruyne-----------Pogba-----------------
Messi---------Lewandowsky---------Mbappe

Chief123

Very interesting so far!

Mine would be....

Oblak

TAA
Van Dijk
Koulibaly
Alfonso Davies

Fabinho
De Bruyne
Fernandes

Mbappe
Haaland
Sancho

Paul_Scholes18

Very interesting so far!

Mine would be....

Oblak

TAA
Van Dijk
Koulibaly
Alfonso Davies

Fabinho
De Bruyne
Fernandes

Mbappe
Haaland
Sancho
Interesting. I thought mainly about getting the best 11 for now. You going more with youth.

Chief123

Interesting. I thought mainly about getting the best 11 for now. You going more with youth.
Yeah. Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar are the obvious ones but I guess it depends on what your looking for. I like the idea of young, hungry and energetic.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
------------Ter Stegen------------
TAA---Pique---VVD---Alaba
------------Kimmich------------
---De Bruyne---Fernandes---
Messi-----Lewa-----Ronaldo

RyRoc

------------------------Oblak-----------------------------
TAA---------Van Dijk---Laporte---Robertson
------------Kimmich---Fabinho------------------
------------------ DeBruyne----------------------------
Messi---------Lewandowski---------Mane

Side note: LW candidate could have literally been a pick of around six players but went for Mane as I believe Liverpool have been the best club side over last 18 months

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Oblak
Alexander-Arnold / Van Dijk / Ramos / Robertson
Fabinho / Kroos / De Bruyne
Messi / Lewandoski / Sterling

Chief123

Since when is Kimmich the best anything in the world?
To be fair, he is an extremely good player and I can understand him being chosen by some.

He reminds me a lot of Schweinsteiger in that he has played in many different positions due to how good a footballer he is and technically brilliant. Schweiny used to play on the wings and forward positions in his eariler years before moving into a central position.

AshRK

Oblak
Taa/VVD/Laporte/Davies
Fabinho
Kdb Bruno
Sancho Mbappe Messi

Chief123

Amazing how quickly De Ligt's star has fallen.
Very true, I watched Juve a couple of times recently and didn't even notice he was playing. He was the bees knees a couple of summers back!

sp_107

4/5 Players from Liverpool, Klopp did really well in assembling such a good team.

Chief123

Varane too.
I would say thats harsh on Varane. He had an absolute shocker against City, but that was rare from him. Normally he is a beast. If I was able to sign any defender in the world, it would be him after VVD.

P.S. which reminds me, I should have chosen him ahead of koulibaly in my team!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
4/5 Players from Liverpool, Klopp did really well in assembling such a good team.
Yeah, it's phenomenal. Outstanding recruitment and coaching. 4/5 out of the back 5 alone are world class. 2/3 front players. Not sure I'd describe Fabinho as world class, but Thiago I would.

Revan

Assumptionman
Oblak
Alexander-Arnold / Van Dijk / Ramos / Robertson
Fabinho / Kroos / De Bruyne
Messi / Lewandoski / Sterling
Wanted to make one and then I saw this. It is pretty good.

Some possible changes I might have:

Ter Stegen or Alisson instead of Oblak, especially considering that both are miles better with playing wit the ball. These 3 are the best keepers though, so any of them can fit there.
The defense chooses itself, no debate there.
Not sure about Fabinho, is he really the best defensive midfielder in the world?
Lewandowski and Messi are default picks. But Sterling isn't. Ronaldo is still a beast (38 goals this season) and a big match player, so could challenge Sterling. Mane is also as good as Sterling. Neymar too. So that position is probably the most difficult to settle.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Christ. We had one of these a few months back. The number of pillocks who picked Pogba and I can see it's already going the same way this time. The level of bias and desperation is embarrassing to the point of nauseating.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Trying to keep the team age somewhat down so I'm mostly ignoring 28 year old players and older with the exception for KdB.

Oblak
TAA - Varane - Laporte - Robertson
Kimmich
KdB - Pogba
Silva - Mbappe - Sancho​

Alternatives: Håland, Sterling, Bruno, Verratti, Frenkie, Davies & De Ligt.

Going for the Mourinho transfers to just win right now I would buy:
Alisson
TAA - VvD - Laporte - Robertson
Kimmich
KdB - Pogba
Messi - Lewandowski - Mane​

RooneyLegend

To be fair, he is an extremely good player and I can understand him being chosen by some.

He reminds me a lot of Schweinsteiger in that he has played in many different positions due to how good a footballer he is and technically brilliant. Schweiny used to play on the wings and forward positions in his eariler years before moving into a central position.
Now I've heard it all, Bastian Schweinsteiger? The man is a poor man's Phillip Lahm and now he reminds you of one of the all time great midfielders? How? Mind you Bastian was a pretty mediocre winger/attacker.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
CR7 - Lewandowski - Messi
KDB - Kroos - Kimmich
Alaba - VVD - Ramos - TAA
Oblak​

Maybe Robertson for Alaba as he is mostly a CB now.

This should be World XI for the year, maybe GK is up for grabs and LB, rest should be set IMO.

Chief123

Now I've heard it all, Bastian Schweinsteiger? The man is a poor man's Phillip Lahm and now he reminds you of one of the all time great midfielders? How? Mind you Bastian was a pretty mediocre winger/attacker.
Im very surprised you think that! In his prime, Schweinsteiger was one of the best midfielders in the world. He was fundamental to Germany winning the world cup. Surprised you rate him so low! of course he was well past it when he joined us.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Ter Stegen
TAA Van Dijk Ramos A Davies
Kimmich Fabinho
De Bruyne
Messi Lewandowski Neymar
You're overrating Davies and Kimmich.

I'd take Koke over Kimmich. And Alaba still gets in over Davies. There's a lack of Atletico players in some of these teams. Will definitely change when they get to the CL final this season.

Cabin Clown

Oblak
TAA - VVD - Laporte - Alaba (if he's still LB, if not Robertson)
Fabinho (? not sure about this position)
De Bruyne Fernandes
Mane Lewandowski Mbappe

I'd be tempted to put in Martial for either of those wingers. Talent-wise he's just as good if not better.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Im very surprised you think that! In his prime, Schweinsteiger was one of the best midfielders in the world. He was fundamental to Germany winning the world cup. Surprised you rate him so low! of course he was well past it when he joined us.
Think he's talking about Kimmich being overrated. Schweinsteiger was one of the best to ever play.

RooneyLegend

That didn't come out right. I'm actually outraged at the mere mention of Kimmich in the same line as Schweinsteiger. He's the one I refer to as a poor man's Phillip Lahm.

Chief123

That didn't come out right. I'm actually outraged at the mere mention of Kimmich in the same line as Schweinsteiger. He's the one I refer to as a poor man's Phillip Lahm.
Ahh ok, I misunderstood. Of course, Kimmich has a long way to go as hes young, but honestly hes a brilliant player. I know its hard to judge players who play in foreign leagues and we dont get to see them as often, but hes always been quality every time I've seen him. Often an unsung hero.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Ter Stegen
Carvajal - VVD - Ramos - A. Davies
De Bruyne - Kimmich - Alaba
Messi Lewandoski Mbappe

Subs: Oblak, Ronaldo, Neymar, TAA, Mane