Current Best World XI

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm not sure about using the word "best" but if I was to make a team at the moment this is the XI I would pick.

.......................Ter Stegen...
Trent Alexander Arnold...Van Dijk...Alaba....Alfonso Davies...
............................Kimmich.................
...................Kevin De Bruyne....de Jong............
......................Messi.................................Neymar.....
.......................Lewandowski............
You think Messi and Neymar can still play in the same team in an effective manner since they both need the ball a lot? They don't play in a fixed position either.

They were excellent before as a duo, but I see Neymar as a different type of player now.

Strelok

For me

Ter Stegen
Kimmich VVD Laporte Davies
KDB De Jong
Messi
Salah Mbappe Neymar

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
You think Messi and Neymar can still play in the same team in an effective manner since they both need the ball a lot? They don't play in a fixed position either.

They were excellent before as a duo, but I see Neymar as a different type of player now.
I struggled with that a lot. I think Neymar will adjust once again once Messi is there. I put Messi in there because he is the best finisher in Europe. Also the formation will change to this when they have possession

...........Ter Stegen....

....Van Dijk......Kimmich....Alaba....

....Alexander Arnold............De Jong...........Davies..
...............................Kevin De Bruyne..........Neymar...
.................Messi..............................
......................................Lewandowski...................

With Messi basically playing in the left halfspace. If not I would remove Messi and put Raheem Sterling. I usually don't like lazy players in my team. Messi would be closer to the box so will be able to concentrate more of finishing.

Chief123

Why we never find these players? He cost something like 10 million.

Honestly, we either have the most useless scouts ever, or we just don't listen to them.
I think a big part of it is we don’t have the option at Utd to gamble on young kids and wait for one of them to pay off.

Clubs like Dortmund and Bayern can afford to take a punt on young players and a few of them will always pay off. What we never get to see is the ones that never worked out or didn’t make it.

You're overrating Davies and Kimmich.

I'd take Koke over Kimmich. And Alaba still gets in over Davies. There's a lack of Atletico players in some of these teams. Will definitely change when they get to the CL final this season.
Hopefully a bit more appreciation for Davies now. Incredible performance. Would take him over Alaba any day. Especially with Alaba playing centre back nowadays.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Ter Stegen
Taa --- Van Dijk --- Alaba --- Davies
Kimmich
KdB --- Muller
Messi --- Lewandowski --- Neymar

Revan

Assumptionman
I think a big part of it is we don’t have the option at Utd to gamble on young kids and wait for one of them to pay off.

Clubs like Dortmund and Bayern can afford to take a punt on young players and a few of them will always pay off. What we never get to see is the ones that never worked out or didn’t make it.
Why though? We have been waiting for Jones to turn good for a decade, Shaw for 6 seasons now. This kid looks twice the player Shaw or AWB will ever be.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's better than Thiago according to this thread.
When Pavard wouldn't be injured , Goretzka + Kimmich would start over Thiago . I am a huge fan of Thiago, but Thiago and Kimmich are different types of players. Thiago plays more spectacular and has the special ability getting past players 1v1, while Kimmich does way less mistakes though. Both are great, but saying Kmmich > Thiago is farm from delusional like you pretend ,especially considering the argument many Bayern fans have that he rarely perform in Champions league knockout games.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's better than Thiago according to this thread.
If you would ask 10 Bayern fans who was our best DM/CM this season, I think 9 would say Kimmich.

Kimmich played the whole season as a DM until Pavard got injured.

Kimmich is basically one of the best central midfielders and one of the best right full backs in one person :D

RooneyLegend

When Pavard wouldn't be injured , Goretzka + Kimmich would start over Thiago . I am a huge fan of Thiago, but Thiago and Kimmich are different types of players. Thiago plays more spectacular and has the special ability getting past players 1v1, while Kimmich does way less mistakes though. Both are great, but saying Kmmich > Thiago is farm from delusional like you pretend ,especially considering the argument many Bayern fans have that he rarely perform in Champions league knockout games.
Crazy stuff all round. Thiago is just made from different stuff. I mean, Barca players are probably still looking for him. That ability is rare. Kimmich's ability most certainly is not.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
If you would ask 10 Bayern fans who was our best DM/CM this season, I think 9 would say Kimmich.

Kimmich is basically one of the best central midfielders and one of the best right full backs in one person :D
Much like Lahm, who has been the best RB of his generation and when moved to DM by Guardiola suddenly was the best DM that year too.

RooneyLegend

Takes me back to the Spurs much when Kimmich played the first half In midfield, even scored a fantastic goal, but the control wasn't there. Thiago came on in the second and poor Spurs didn't look like having a chance in midfield. Hes a much better midfielder, imagine if Kimmich had played like Thiago tonight, you guys would have had 8 pages of posts already.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Manager: Pochettino
Assistant manager: Nagelsmann

Ter Stagen
Alexander Arnold - Van Dijk - Ake - Alphonso Davis
Kimmich - Thiago
Sancho - De Bryune - Neymar
Lewandowski

Subs: Oblak, AWB, Sergio Ramos, Camaviga, Messi, Ronaldo, Mbapppe/Mason Greenwood

Blackwidow

Different roles altogether, but Kimmich is more important than Thiago for Bayern imo.
Flick talks about his communication axis in which especially Alaba, Kimmich and Müller are the leaders on the pitch commanding everybody. It is not just about goals, passing and assists - it is taking the command. And it was one of his major achievement this season to bring this 3 players from the wings into the central axis of the team. Thiago (I love him, but because of that was he does on the ball and as a player with all his defensive work that many do not seem to appreciate so much) might be better in many aspects to Kimmich - but Kimmich brings in that leader mentality that a team needs, too.

That is why a Puyol was so great - and why Ramos is still that great!

Suedesi

Flick talks about his communication axis in which especially Alaba, Kimmich and Müller are the leaders on the pitch commanding everybody. It is not just about goals, passing and assists - it is taking the command. And it was one of his major achievement this season to bring this 3 players from the wings into the central axis of the team. Thiago (I love him, but because of that was he does on the ball and as a player with all his defensive work that many do not seem to appreciate so much) might be better in many aspects to Kimmich - but Kimmich brings in that leader mentality that a team needs, too.

That is why a Puyol was so great - and why Ramos is still that great!
Kimich - Goretzka are Flick’s first choice in holding midfield.

Thiago is leaving because he's not a guaranteed starter, Kimmich is. He's poised to emulate Bastian with Bayern and Germany imho.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Takes me back to the Spurs much when Kimmich played the first half In midfield, even scored a fantastic goal, but the control wasn't there. Thiago came on in the second and poor Spurs didn't look like having a chance in midfield. Hes a much better midfielder, imagine if Kimmich had played like Thiago tonight, you guys would have had 8 pages of posts already.
Don't you think that Bayern fans who watch every game of the season can judge their players better than you? I'm far from the only fan that rates Kimmichs season higher than Thiagos.

Don't get me wrong, Thiago is an absolute terrific player and I would/will miss him very much. But the the truth is also that that in his 7 years with us he wasn't able to show the level that he showed today for a complete season. Not even for a half a season, because unfortunately he is quite injury prone.

He also has quite a few to many mistakes playing as a DM because he sometimes fancies the spectacular pass instead of the simple one.

Again, I love Thiago, but in his first season as a central midfielder Kimmich arguably had a better and especially more consistent season than Thiago managed in his 7 years with us.

Blackwidow

Kimich - Goretzka are Flick’s first choice in holding midfield.

Thiago is leaving because he's not a guaranteed starter, Kimmich is. He's poised to emulate Bastian with Bayern and Germany imho.
That is still very open - when Thiago leaves cannot be proven. Before Corona ist was always Kimmich and Thiago - after Corona Thiago was injured and was on the track of coming back. It was only 2 matches in which he did not start but got minutes - you do not rip apart a functioning team for a player that cannot be in shape because of lack of match practise especially if it is a Cup final.

Suedesi

Manager: Pochettino
Assistant manager: Nagelsmann

Ter Stagen
Alexander Arnold - Van Dijk - Ake - Alphonso Davis
Kimmich - Thiago
Sancho - De Bryune - Neymar
Lewandowski

Subs: Oblak, AWB, Sergio Ramos, Camaviga, Messi, Ronaldo, Mbapppe/Mason Greenwood
But of course

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Kimmich is the heartbeat of Bayern's game. You don't know what you're on about. Losing Thiago is sad, losing Kimmich would be devastating.

Chief123

Why though? We have been waiting for Jones to turn good for a decade, Shaw for 6 seasons now. This kid looks twice the player Shaw or AWB will ever be.
What I mean is Bayern and Dortmund can afford to experiment with young players and give them a run of games without it having major consequences in the league. Bayern know they will win the league virtually every season. Dortmunds strategy is to try and nourish young talent and profit from the ones that succeed.

If Utd were to take the same approach and buy young potential, it would be risky to give them extended runs in the team because literally 1 or 2 losses can mean your out of a top 4 spot or out of a title race due to the highly competitive nature of the premier league. Its always a crisis if Utd lose a game. I'm sure our scouting could definitely improve, but the risks are less by throwing them into a bayern/Dortmund team than it would be at Utd.

Revan

Assumptionman
What I mean is Bayern and Dortmund can afford to experiment with young players and give them a run of games without it having major consequences in the league. Bayern know they will win the league virtually every season. Dortmunds strategy is to try and nourish young talent and profit from the ones that succeed.

If Utd were to take the same approach and buy young potential, it would be risky to give them extended runs in the team because literally 1 or 2 losses can mean your out of a top 4 spot or out of a title race due to the highly competitive nature of the premier league. Its always a crisis if Utd lose a game. I'm sure our scouting could definitely improve, but the risks are less by throwing them into a bayern/Dortmund team than it would be at Utd.
Says who?

We had 8 losses and 12 draws this season. We won less matches that we didn't win and still finished top 4.

Let's please come back to reality instead of the usual cliches on ow unforgivable is EPL.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Much like Lahm, who has been the best RB of his generation and when moved to DM by Guardiola suddenly was the best DM that year too.
This.

Kimmich is basically the attacking reincarnation of Phillip Lahm. We were really lucky to have him when Lahm went out. Otherwise we would still talking about how bad we miss Lahm.

Future Bayern and Germany captain, for sure.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ter Stagen
Ramos - Van Dijk - Laporte
TAA ---- Kimmich -- Casemiro -- Robertson
De Bruyne
Messi -- Lewandowski​

Last edited:

diarm

Oblak
Trent Ramos VanDijk Davies
DeBruyne Thiago
Muller
Messi Lewandowski Mbappe​

Chief123

Says who?

We had 8 losses and 12 draws this season. We won less matches that we didn't win and still finished top 4.

Let's please come back to reality instead of the usual cliches on ow unforgivable is EPL.
You didn’t understand the point. Of course “1 or 2” losses in a whole season isn’t going to cost you top 4. I’m talking about if your in a run of form and you lose one or two in a critical period that would cost you massively. For example the run we had at end of season. Any loss would have cost us top 4 at that point.

Bayern can lose 3 in a row and still win the league. Huge difference between the two leagues. It’s not hard to see that.