Alisson

TAA Ramos VVD Robertson

Casemiro Verratti

KDB

Messi Lewandowski Neymar

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Since when is Kimmich the best anything in the world?
Well I'm also suprised about the amount of mentions, but he absolutely deserves it.
He said for several years now, that he wants to be played as a central midfielder. This year especially under Flick he only played in the centre and he had an amazing season. His season may be part of the reason that Thiago wants to leave, because while Thiago was injured Kimmich and Goretzka stepped up their game and when Thiago was fit again, he was benched. The game against Chelsea (and probably the coming matches in the CL) are an exception because Pavard is injured and Kimmich has to help out on his old position.

He is as complete as it gets:
- Good defensive contribution
- Good positioning
- High work rate
- Good dribbling skills for a CM
- Excellent long passes
- Excellent vision
- Very good short passes
- Quite a few goals and assists
- and...insane mentality

He is already regarded as one Bayerns leaders and the future captain of Bayern and the german national team. It's also only a matter of time when he will succeed Kroos as the dominating player in the national team.
He is definitely the more complete player compared to Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

Take a few minutes and watch this video:

Or take a look at some of these passes (starting at 3:16):

For me he is also among the best CMs right now, but as i said I'm suprised (but glad) about his good standing around here.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
No such thing in football. The only unsung heros that are there are those that don't play on the pitch. If a player is an unsung hero he's probably not that good.
Please take a look at the videos i posted above.
I would be really interested if your opinion about Kimmich afterwards is as bad as it is now.

Baneofthegame

Currently:

Ter Stegen
TAA
VVD
Laporte
Alaba
Casemerio
Kimmich
KDB
Messi
Lewandowski
Neymar/Ronaldo

Future:

Oblak
TAA
De Ligt
Laporte
Davies
Tonali
FDJ
Kimmich
Sancho
Greenwood
Mbappe

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
According to the OP, I'm free to choose a formation of my own choosing. I chose to interpret that as I'm free to pick my own system. In which case, I've decided to create what is in my view, an upgraded version of Roberto De Zerbi's Sassuolo.

First and foremost, it was important to identify full backs that would be reliable for ball retention in the build up phase. A full back that makes several assists in the course of a season wasn't quite what I was looking for, nor a player that makes an overwhelming amount of crosses which rules out the likes of Alexander Arnold. I didn't quite want full backs masquerading as wingers. For this reason, I've gone with Leeds' captain, Luke Ayling. Instead of operating as a winger, he's very much integral to the build up phase by being a playmaker in the first phase in the build up. Sassuolo have a patient and sustained build up, utilising the full backs in deep areas. In the case of Liverpool, the full backs are quick to make long balls over the top to the likes of Mane, and Salah. I'm looking for a more patient approach especially since playing centrally is a key part of Sassuolo's playstyle whereas Liverpool have a strong emphasis on creating from the full backs and relying on the offensive quality of their attacking trident. The experience of playing in Biesla's system is why I've given Ayling the nod here. The other full back I'd choose is Alex Sandro. I struggle to think of a full back better at getting out of tight situations deep into ones own territory. He's also a very capable passer from deep areas. Therefore, I think he would adapt well to the role I have in store for him.

In central defence I wanted two ball playing defenders as Sassuolo patiently work their way to get a spare man on the ball capable of making a progressive pass. The name that immediately stood out to me for this purpose is Alaba. I haven't seen a CB more gifted on the ball than him. For the right side of defence, I wanted someone that actually plays on the right side which rules out the likes of Ramos and Van Dijk. For this reason, I went with Pique whose used to taking responsibility on the ball. He also has the confidence, and personality required for the role. Behind the sticks, Ter Stegen I wanted a keeper that maintains his composure when the team is being pressed, as well as having the technical ability to make passes which breaks lines.

My answer to Locatelli from Sassuolo's midfield is K.Phillips due to his role in Biesla's system. Similar players in my view. Partner in midfield is Verratti due to his experience, ability on the ball when pressed, as well as his demeanour and personality. On the occasions I watched Sassuolo, I never quite got the feeling that the advanced midfielder Djurcic is the heartbeat of every attack like say a De Bruyne is for Man City. Djurcic is also has a very slight figure, as opposed to having that robustness of a KDB or Muller. Therefore, the player I've gone for is Di Maria. Slight figure, but highly technical, and plays in a system which the burden of creativity isn't heavily placed on his shoulders.

On the left, Sassuolo play with Boga who has one of the highest volumes of successful dribbles in Europe. In my attempt to adopt a somewhat similar team to Sassuolo, there was no other option than Neymar whose one of the most prolific dribblers in Europe. However, he'll be resigned to a role closer to that of Barcelona where he stretched the pitch as opposed to the freedom he gets with Tuchel. On the right it was important to have a left footed player that can stretch the pitch, plays in a system which he himself is prolific, and plays in a system where the main #9 is also prolific. That rules out the likes of Salah who has Firmino playing a sacrificial role. In contrast, Mahrez managed to get very respectable numbers in a team which Aguero and Jesus are prolific themselves. The two highest scorers in the Sassuolo side is the right inside forward and number nine respectively.

Speaking of number nine, looking at the top 10 scorers in Europe's top 5 leagues the players which Caputo is more comparable with, in terms of individual skillet (peeling on the last man) is similar to that of Aubameyang, Ings, and Vardy. So that rules out the likes of Lewandowski. Given that Caputo managed to have around 6 assists, the option I've gone out of the three is Vardy.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Mane is in way too many teams.

Anyone that genuinely thinks he's better than Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, Lewandowski or even Salah is taking the piss.

KeanoMagicHat

Anyone that genuinely thinks he's better than Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Mbappe, Lewandowski or even Salah is taking the piss.
Mane has never performed as well as Salah did in that first season. Since then it's been fairly even, slightly in Mane's favour, but I think Salah suffers from being having higher expectations and having to live up to them whereas Mane has lower expectations. Salah is known as selfish but often gets more assists than Mane. The other 5 are all better than Mane too and I would say Hazard before this season, but fair to say Mane is better right now.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'll go with a team that I think can play well together

Mbappe-Neymar-Sterling
Kroos-De Bruyne
Kimmich
Davies-Ramos-Van Dijk-TAA
Ter Stegen

So I'll leave out Messi and Ronaldo.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I haven't watched a lot of Davies, but surely less than 30 games at LB is too little to be named the best LB in the world and better than someone like Robertson, who's been good for a few years?

Skills

Snitch
I'll go with a team that I think can play well together

Mbappe-Neymar-Sterling
Kroos-De Bruyne
Kimmich
Davies-Ramos-Van Dijk-TAA
Ter Stegen

So I'll leave out Messi and Ronaldo.
You've almost got that bang on for me but I'd swap Davies for Robertson and Sterling for Messi. You can't leave out Messi, shit don't work.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's a brilliant talent. Yes hes still young and a lot to learn, but I have no doubts he will be the best left back in the world in the next couple of years. Incredibly hard to get past. I've never seen someone recover as quick as he does. I would not be surprised if he was recorded to be faster than Mbappe. This kid is insanely quick. He's actually a winger converted into a left back. He's been running the whole of the left side for Bayern on his own this season.

Why we never find these players? He cost something like 10 million.

Honestly, we either have the most useless scouts ever, or we just don't listen to them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Why we never find these players? He cost something like 10 million.

Honestly, we either have the most useless scouts ever, or we just don't listen to them.
We had a scout who is recently quoted as having said we should definitely buy him, a no brainer. We didn't.

Revan

Assumptionman
We had a scout who is recently quoted as having said we should definitely buy him, a no brainer. We didn't.
Probably, I think it was the same for De Ligt a few years ago.

I mean, we more or less sign exclusively overpriced players who cost a shitload (and Dalot for big money and then we didn't play him). I wonder, do you actually need a scouting system for the likes of AWB, Maguire, Bruno, Sancho etc. Everyone had seen them play.

I guess Mejbri is the only young player we signed recently for whom we have high hopes.

But what I find weird is that we don't have a single regular player in our team who didn't sign that much (or came from the academy). The likes of Robertson for Liverpool, for example. Thank God our academy is brilliant though!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Probably, I think it was the same for De Ligt a few years ago.

I mean, we more or less sign exclusively overpriced players who cost a shitload (and Dalot for big money and then we didn't play him). I wonder, do you actually need a scouting system for the likes of AWB, Maguire, Bruno, Sancho etc. Everyone had seen them play.

I guess Mejbri is the only young player we signed recently for whom we have high hopes.

But what I find weird is that we don't have a single regular player in our team who didn't sign that much (or came from the academy). The likes of Robertson for Liverpool, for example. Thank God our academy is brilliant though!
Yeah, I think it's a matter of how the club is run. Those scouts have probably recommended plenty of players who have proven to be stars elsewhere. The way we've been run in the last 7 years, I'd be surprised if we could get anywhere near the same price as other clubs, because people know we're incompetent.

That Robertson signing is probably one of the best value for money signings in recent years, by any club.

We have improved our youth recruitment though, it seems. That's hugely encouraging.

Eddy_JukeZ

You've almost got that bang on for me but I'd swap Davies for Robertson and Sterling for Messi. You can't leave out Messi, shit don't work.
Yeah you could throw Messi in there obviously.

I just think him and Neymar are both high usage players and need the ball a lot. They're very similar in style and I opted for Neymar because of his known link-up with Mbappe.

Panther

May as well put Ozil and De Gea in some of these teams if Pogba is getting in on the accord of "what he's capable of", because he definitely hasn't performed consistently well enough for United to be considered. I'd even say Matic has a better case for a world XI than Pogba.

My team though would be (mostly based on the past 12 months);

Jan Oblak
Trent - Van Dijk - Ramos - Robertson
De Bruyne - Casemiro - Toni Kroos
Lionel Messi - Lewandowski - Neymar
Players aged 23 or under team (based on past 12 months);

Dean Henderson
Hakimi - Gomez - Zagadou - Davies
Locatelli - Ndidi - Odegaard
Greenwood - Haaland - Sancho​

Web of Bissaka

So far it's just...

GKOblak or Ter Stegen or Alisson
CBVVD or Ramos or Laporte (or Alaba or Varane)
RBTAA
LBRobertson or Davies (or Alaba)
CDM/CMVerratti or Kimmich or Casemeiro or Fabinho or Kroos (or Ndidi)
CAMDe Bruyne (or Messi)
LWRonaldo or Neymar (or Mane)
RWMessi or Mbappe (or Sterling)
CF/STLewadowski

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Alisson

TAA - Van Dijk. - Laporte - Alaba

Thiago

De Bruyne - Verratti

Messi - Lewandowski - Mbappe​

subs: Ter Stegen, Varane, Davies, Kimmich, Fernandes, Hazard, Martial

I’ve gone for technical ability above all else. I feel this team, as well as the subs that can cover ever position, is set up to retain the ball, and would be extremely cohesive. Just the right blend of technical ability, pace, and physicality.

Suedesi

<> Marc Andre Ter Stegen <>
TAA <> VVD <> Ramos<> Davies
De Bruyne <> Verratti <> Neymar
Messi<> Lewandowski<>Mbappe

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

I don't see how you can compare him to Ronaldo and Lewandowski as they are strikers while Mane is a winger, while Salah and Mane play on opposing wings and Salah is essentially up against Messi.

I can certainly understand questioning him over Mbappe and Neymar. The issue I have with Mbappe and Neymar is 1) Neymar's injury record and 2) Lack of European success for Neymar and Mbappe compared to Mane.

Would be fair to have either above Mane to be honest, but my judgment is also based on just how better PSG are compared to the rest of Ligue 1 and what advantage that gives Mbappe/Neymar.

Jabocaster

Supports
Everton
Ter Stegen
TAA - Van Dijk - Ramos - Robertson/Davies
Casemiro
De Bruyne - Kimmich
Messi - Lewandowski - Aubameyang

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I'm not sure about using the word "best" but if I was to make a team at the moment this is the XI I would pick.

.......................Ter Stegen...
Trent Alexander Arnold...Van Dijk...Alaba....Alfonso Davies...
............................Kimmich.................
...................Kevin De Bruyne....de Jong............
......................Messi.................................Neymar.....
.......................Lewandowski............

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I don't see how you can compare him to Ronaldo and Lewandowski as they are strikers while Mane is a winger, while Salah and Mane play on opposing wings and Salah is essentially up against Messi.

I can certainly understand questioning him over Mbappe and Neymar. The issue I have with Mbappe and Neymar is 1) Neymar's injury record and 2) Lack of European success for Neymar and Mbappe compared to Mane.

Would be fair to have either above Mane to be honest, but my judgment is also based on just how better PSG are compared to the rest of Ligue 1 and what advantage that gives Mbappe/Neymar.
Mane and Mbappe can be a debate even though I still think Mbappe is a better player and would do even better than Mane for that Liverpool team.

Mane and Neymar however is just insulting for the Brazilian. He's levels above him
The worst season Neymar has ever had In Europe would still be better than the best Mane has to offer.

And Neymar is a lot more CL proven than him, Mane doesn't have a game comparable to Neymar's Remontada.

mancan92

Seeing the line ups here, world XI is pretty gash compared to past.

If this thread was made in 2001, you'd have

Buffon
Cafu Nesta Cannavaro R.Carlos
Vieira Nedved
Del Piero Zidane
Ronaldo Henry

Shoulder and neck ahead imo
Yeah it's not even close in terms of talent. I guess it's a cycle.

MrEleson

Mane and Mbappe can be a debate even though I still think Mbappe is a better player and would do even better than Mane for that Liverpool team.

Mane and Neymar however is just insulting for the Brazilian. He's levels above him
The worst season Neymar has ever had In Europe would still be better than the best Mane has to offer.

And Neymar is a lot more CL proven than him, Mane doesn't have a game comparable to Neymar's Remontada.
That's just not true. Neymar was hardly pulling up any trees in his debut season (13/14) for Barca. No way was it "better than the best Mane has to offer."
Yeah Neymar is very clear of him at his best but let's not go overboard.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
------------------------Oblak-----------------------------
TAA---------Van Dijk---Hummels---Robertson
---------------------Roy Keane--------------------------
----------DeBruyne-----------Bruno-----------------
Messi---------Lewandowsky---------Mbappe

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
------------------------Oblak-----------------------------
TAA---------Van Dijk---Hummels---Robertson
---------------------Roy Keane--------------------------
----------DeBruyne-----------Bruno-----------------
Messi---------Lewandowsky---------Mbappe
Hummels? What year is this?

edit: missed your roy kean. You fecker :lol:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

It's not a direct comparison but rather a list of forwards that are better than him and should be named before him.

Ronaldo-Lewandowski-Messi, for example, would be entirely fair and logical. As much as Ronaldo is a striker he can still play that inside forward role on the left.

edit: and PSG are so far ahead of the rest largely due to to the quality of Neymar and Mbappe. Plus we've already seen what Neymar can do in Spain so the idea that he just looks the part because he's in France is unfair.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Seeing the line ups here, world XI is pretty gash compared to past.

If this thread was made in 2001, you'd have

Buffon
Cafu Nesta Cannavaro R.Carlos
Vieira Nedved
Del Piero Zidane
Ronaldo Henry

Shoulder and neck ahead imo
That might be the case, but in 2020 you have a partial knowledge of the players careers in the lineups in this thread and a complete knowledge of that 2001 team.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Team based on the Barcelona-team of 08-12.

Yes, a couple of players are "out of position" but I'm dead certain that Bale could play a Maicon-role and Mane could definitely play a Dani Alves-role. And I'm certain they would be better at it than your TAA, Kimmich or whoevers.

Kroos is playing the Xavi-role, Messi in the Iniesta-role. Mbappe and Neymar play as wingers, inverted wingers and shadow strikers - free to wreck havoc and help Lewandowski whenever. Only change I might consider is swapping Bale for Alaba so he could tuck in and play in the Abidal-role, i.e. LWB/CB.

On paper as below (although severely skewed on the pitch with Mane playing higher up than Kroos and approximately as high up as Messi)

Neymar-----Lewandowski-------Mbappe
--------------Messi----------Kroos-----------------
-----------------------Busquets----------------------
Bale/Alaba------Ramos---van Dijk---------Mane
-------------------------Allison-----------------------------

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5f35a6be4e5ac404cc46e5ef