Custis and The Sun can f**k off (again)

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1438851.ece

Printing a story based on a dodgy Norewegian website.
That's quality journalism right there.

And then you get the BBC wading in printing the story:

""We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through," Ferguson told The Sun newspaper. "

No, he fecking didn't tell The Sun anything. Since when does Fergie give exclusve interviews to The Sun?

Custis just digs up stuff from this forum!

This has actually caused United a lot of grief. All the Spurs fans are rightly pissed off and calling Fergie a hypocrite. Now Spurs will have to be seen playing hardball and the whole deal could drag out and cots United more money.

charleysurf

Cant see that happening on the strength of that article myself.
If you enrage all the Spurs fans, then you will end up with the Spurs board wanting to save face by playing hardball with United.

If Fergie really did give those quotes to the Norwegians then he should never give them an interview again. I can't believe he would say something like this unless he thought it was off-the-record.

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
What Spurs fans say on message boards means little. If Tottenham are going to play hard ball they will play hard ball regardless and if the quotes are fake im sure they will find out as well. If they want to save face for their fans then their two best players should not be up for sale in the first place should they.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
Why would this make him a hypocrite? If you mean in comparison to Real's dealing concerning Ronaldo, it's not even related. If we had lodged a bid, there'd be nothing wrong with SAF talking about it. Have Real lodged a bid? No.

charleysurf

Why would this make him a hypocrite? If you mean in comparison to Real's dealing concerning Ronaldo, it's not even related. If we had lodged a bid, there'd be nothing wrong with SAF talking about it. Have Real lodged a bid? No.
These quotes are damaging to United. There is no way around that.

Do you think the general public will see any difference between Fergie talking about Berbatov like he as good as signed, and what Calderon and Schuster has been saying about Ronaldo which United have complained about?

There is no way United.no got these quotes from Fergie without them being "off-the-record". They can probably forget about any interviews with Fergie in the future after this.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There is no way United.no got these quotes from Fergie without them being "off-the-record". They can probably forget about any interviews with Fergie in the future after this.
I reckon that's exactly what happened, hence the article got pulled, almost immediately. Right now, somewhere out there, is one seriously hairdryer-scorched Norwegian, still shaking from the wrath of SAF.

I wonder if it was CnutofCnuts? He's been very quiet this week.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

Do you think the general public will see any difference between Fergie talking about Berbatov like he as good as signed, and what Calderon and Schuster has been saying about Ronaldo which United have complained about?

I agree. If it's bullshit and it probably is the suns way of saying we told you so, then it's like their paper. crap...apart from page 3

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08

First of all, I doubt these quotes are true. But even if they are, they are not in any way similar to what Real have been doing, and you know it.

Of course the general public won't understand that, but most of them hate us already anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

DocRockter

Did anyone actually think that The Sun would be the first place to read Fergies own views of the situation?? The Sun - pathetic yet again

Mr. Wood

Circle Jerkin' Wannabe

Stop being a drama queen. Fergie bid for Berbatov, then told the media about it. It happens all the time. I can't see how they're damaging to United.

And I highly doubt a few whiny Spurs fans on the internet won't have any effect on our ability to sign him / the price.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
So you think this will be a cause of Berbatov being more expensive then?
I don't think it helps. It might not change anything but it's just one of those things you don't need. I also agreed with the sentiments ;). The sun is shite and if we do get berbatov, we know how they'll act. We told you!

Actually, I don't think it would raise the price, I just find it an irritation because clearly we didn't name anyone for a reason and now they're trying to say Sir Alex said this

charleysurf

BBC have very slightly changed their story.
It's now

"Ferguson was quoted in The Sun saying: "We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through..."

At least they're no longer implying that The Sun got the quotes directly from Fergie.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I'm sure Cuntis keeps a low profile when or if he ever goes to games... I'd love to see some one smack the geordie cnut

charleysurf

Nice one United.no, printing those quotes from Fergie has screwed up the Berbatov transfer.

The only reason Spurs can get hardcore about United "tapping up" Berbatov is those quotes in The Sun. They were the only quotes that have been directly attributed to Ferguson about Berbatov this summer. All the real quotes from Fergie were about United bidding for an unknown player.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
The good people at united.no obviously fecked up. Morons. They're on here all the time. Forpulte amøber. Suck on that!

Drifter

American
Neil Custis this morning said that the quotes did come from fans.

reddev07

So if the quotes came from fans, I would love to know why Custis claimed SAF spoke to the sun.

charleysurf

So if the quotes came from fans, I would love to know why Custis claimed SAF spoke to the sun.
The didn't. They were clever. They just dumped out the quotes without giving the source. It was only the BBC, Levy and Spurs fans who thought it was an actual interview.

If Custis has said in the original piece that he got the quotes from a norewegian fan-site then nobody would have taken it seriously.

Feedingseagulls

It seems SAF always gives an interview that appears in the supporters' club newsletter - in it he certainly indicated he'd made a bid for a player (the one who will add a great deal or whatever).

That bit of news appeared in the website teaser - yet the name Berbatov appeared as well - perhaps that was an editorial slip rather than something Fergie actually said.

charleysurf

Originally Posted by SirAF
The Norwegian Supporter Club have now admitted that they fecked up with the quotes, Ferguson never mentioned Berbatov to them. Will translate parts of the article now:

http://www.dagbladet.no/sport/2008/07/21/541369.html

"We have learnt a proper lesson from this and it was a frightening experience" said Steinar Madsen who is the editor of www.united.no.

"Ferguson was interviewed by one of our journalists, but Ferguson never mentioned Berbatov. Our journalist was certain that he was talking about Berbatov and made a conclusion that he had no grounds for."

After this the supporters club was phoned by english journalists and the supporters club withdrew their article on united.no, realizing that they might had made a mistake.

"Our journalist quickly realized that he probably had made a mistake, even though he was the only journalist who had conducted the interview, it was difficult for him to understand Ferguson because of the noise at their location (lol)"

"Manchester United's press secretary called us and wanted to know what was going on and we explained that a mistake had happened. Ferguson realized that what was in the papers had originated from our meeting with him two days earlier. Now we just hope that this will clarify that Sir Alex never made those comments and that it will take the edge of Tottenham's complaint."

Not a 100% translation, just threw it toghether but it shows the gist of it.
Well, well, well.

OK all you noggies on United.no. You've been a bit foolish but I forgive you.

It's Levy and The Sun that have been the tossers in all of this.

reddev07

Absoultely embarissing for Levy and the sun (especially Custis)

Apparently, he was on SSN today and didn't have a clue what to say when asked where the quotes came from as SAF said they were false

charleysurf

People should e-mail the guys at United.no to say that it's not really their fault that the likes of The Sun and Levy are so desperate to use something so trivial against United.

These lads are United fans like the rest of us.