g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Bosws87

20 mins left on download on PC sold my ps4 copy to my dad.

wonder what i can push on a 2070 super at 1080p

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just had my second crash. Trying to use the mirror at the end of the first main mission. The mission itself was super buggy. Seemed a bit all over the place with floating corpses, things not picking up and guards walking straight past Jackie not even noticing him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've read the NPCs are basic as feck, is that true? Just kinda walking around doing nothing. Something like RDR2, as disappointing as the game was, had an interesting NPC system were people seemed to be doing stuff in the game world, jobs etc rather than moving from A to B and back again.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I've read the NPCs are basic as feck, is that true? Just kinda walking around doing nothing. Something like RDR2, as disappointing as the game was, had an interesting NPC system were people seemed to be doing stuff in the game world, jobs etc rather than moving from A to B and back again.
They are even more basic so far for me. Lots of them don't even move their mouths when talking.

I'm assuming that last part is a bug that will be fixed though.

Siorac

feck me, the fistfighting mission... I might lower the difficulty just for the Kabuki part.

caid

I'm more bothered by how good or bad the characters are. It'll be long time before npc's in a game of this scale are anything more than target dummies.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I've not played the game, only watching it on a stream. But I can confirm, the NPCs are very basic and do dumb shit. On top of that, very low vehicle density makes the roads feel very deserted and empty. No traffic issues in 2077. :p

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Aren't all NPC's usually repetitive and dull aside from the ones you interact with? Haven't played it yet mind you.
To a degree, bit when you see multiple NPC's who look exactly the same on the same screen it spoils any immersion that the Devs tried to create.

caid

Seems a bit underwhelming from what I’ve read so far?
Depends on expectations i guess. And willingness to overlook bugs.
Its not doing anything especially new and isn't doing it spectacularly well (gunfights are solid but not titanfall good or anything). I like the setting a lot and its early days but it feels like they've done a good job there which goes a long way for me.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Gamespot only gave it a 7/10. I'm playing on base PS4 and I'm somewhat dissapointed. I think i'm about 10 hours in. I think if I were playing it on a high end machine without the glitches i'd give it 8/10 so far.

Bojan11

Seems like some people owe some reviewers apologies. Don’t know how reviewers can give it a 9 in its current state unless they enjoy their cyberpunk goodie bags. It could turn into a 9 when they fix all the shit, but struggling at the moment to see how any reviewer can give it that.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MushyEasyNoodleTheTarFu

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There was just a scene in the game where i wish I wasn't just pretending to be
Johnny( Keanu Reeves.)

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
RDR2 was anything but disappointing.

Delano

The last game I played was Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 pro and I was blown away by the graphics. By the sounds of it, I'm going to keep this in the packaging until a proper fix is released.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Goes down to 15 fps in some scenario. Driving basically not possible. This should not have been released on last gen consoles especially base ones. This is just complete rip off

Bojan11

Pro version is hitting a whooping 19fps..

That’s embarrassing. Crazy to think this game was supposed to come out in April and there wasn’t much talk of a PS5/Series X version then.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Shame everything else about that game was genuinely horrible
I loved it. Maybe I loved the second one even more actually. But back then it was ground-breaking stuff.

Many people are expecting Cyberpunk to do the same, give us a glimpse of next gen just like Flight Simulator has I guess. But to me it's a last gen game polished for the PC. The only ground breaking part for me is the city environment and small details.

Irwin99

4 and half hours in and i'm intrigued. Lot of information to take in already but i'm sure it'll stick eventually. I've had one crash, the world is a bit blurry at times and I'm terrible at driving but the world is immersive.

caid

Shenmue managed it in 1999
True enough. The initial town is relatively small though and im not convinced the docks count really.
The map on cyberpunk looks very, very, very different. No game has gotten within a million miles of having a city sized population thats anything more than puddle thin. Fill it out with enough actual characters and it serves its purpose of making it feel like you're in a busy environment though.
It really isn't a groundbreaking game, its pretty derivative really, it just feels well produced (bugs excluded obviously)

Tiber

4 and half hours in and i'm intrigued. Lot of information to take in already but i'm sure it'll stick eventually. I've had one crash, the world is a bit blurry at times and I'm terrible at driving but the world is immersive.
I assume we will get better (more fun) cars later in the game, but yea the driving isn't amazing. GTA V did it better 2 generations ago

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I honestly think it should've just been released as a PC gaming experience for the time being. That's where you're going to see the best performance for this game, playing wise and obviously in its visuals.

Irwin99

I assume we will get better (more fun) cars later in the game, but yea the driving isn't amazing. GTA V did it better 2 generations ago
I accidentally car jacked someone but didn't mean to so I got out straight away. I wonder if different cars have a different feel? I'm playing as a more honorable Nomad so don't want to do too much bad stuff...yet

I'm playing on hard difficulty and it doesn't seem too bad so far but maybe I should have gone with normal while i adjust to the game. Some enemies have been bullet sponges.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It honestly is mental how these bugs are being forgiven for the most part in the reviews. I know they'll be patched out but the ones in ME: Andromeda were fixed quickly and yet that game got slated for them.

I mean, that game was also really shit but that's besides the point.

RDR2 had some bugs when it launched but not nearly as much as this one, right?

Balljy

I honestly think it should've just been released as a PC gaming experience for the time being. That's where you're going to see the best performance for this game, playing wise and obviously in its visuals.
Yeah, it's difficult at the moment because I feel like I'm playing a different game by the comments about the visual quality and lack of crowds etc. I'm really enjoying it so far but am only around 3 hours in but can feel it grabbing me as I get immersed in the world. I've spent half the time looking over balcony's at the city so far. I haven't seen any game breaking bugs so far so am probably quite lucky there.

CDPR could have done themselves in here if the base consoles are that bad as will people try it out again in a few months ? It could turn people off the game before they've even played the upgraded versions.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Pro version is hitting a whooping 19fps..

That’s embarrassing. Crazy to think this game was supposed to come out in April and there wasn’t much talk of a PS5/Series X version then.
Think its pretty disgusting to be honest. Surprised CDPR aren't getting more criticism, with reviewers pretty much tip-toeing around the issue to some extent.

You get the feeling that PS4 owners, Base and Pro, should just sit down and happily accept this mediocrity because the product is no longer made for their consoles in mind

Reminds me slightly of the early previews of A: Colonial Marines and the final product to some extent.

In a nutshell I think they (CDPR) are taking the piss out of the consumer.

Tiber

Haven't seen the other 2 paths, or how it develops later in the game; but the start of the Corpo path was very interesting.