g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm on about 7 hours in and I'm not going to lie its been a very "meh" experience. I guess 8 years of hype will do that.
For me it's because I've played this game before. And in better versions.

And I'm really trying to love it, but when it has clearly borrowed so much of it's parts and misses what made the Witcher 3 great (unique story, setting, characters), I think meh does kinda sum it up at the moment.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah it's not bad as such, but clearly they wanted to do more. I just wonder what games people have been playing to think it's deep in any way.

Still think it's the dick thing, or even people seeing a vagina for the first time even if it's on a 3d model :lol:
I swear the vag was just flush like an action man

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just stole a sick motorbike after killing some gangsters, but I couldn’t ride it out of the small square I was in. Just had invisible walls everywhere. And because people seem to be magnetised towards my wheels the police got involved and shot the shit out of me.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Played about 8 hours on Xbox One today. Two crashes, both linked to answering a call then crashing to the dashboard. Some facial animations don’t load in time with the NPC showing up on screen and some other graphical issues too. It doesn’t feel like this game is able to fully run on the Xbox One/PS4.

The story is ok but I would agree with the ‘meh’ sentiment. It doesn’t wow me and I’m not all that interested in the story. I’ve only just finished Act 1 though so i’ll wait and see how it expands out.

Started as a Corpo which has had its perks so far.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Some cool pics from photo mode.

Baring mind they’re edited and film grain is added. Think it really suits this game.

I really want that guy’s shiny blue pants.

Last edited:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The more I watched my housemate play on PS4 last night the more it feels like not giving reviewers console codes was a massive scam

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The more I watched my housemate play on PS4 last night the more it feels like not giving reviewers console codes was a massive scam
Yeah couldn’t agree more with that. It’s just a complete joke they have got away with that. I’m one of the lucky ones that gets to play this on ps5 and get acceptable performance but even then I’ve had 4 crashes and they have had to limit the graphical performance because it’s been held back by last gen.

TrustInJanuzaj

Some cool pics from photo mode.

Baring mind they’re edited and film grain is added. Think it really suits this game.

I really want that guy’s shiny blue pants.

That’s very cool. Particularly the last one!

C3Pique

Looks and runs great on XSX so far, but I can't comment on the gameplay. Just left the apartment for the first time about 2 hours in.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Yeah couldn’t agree more with that. It’s just a complete joke they have got away with that. I’m one of the lucky ones that gets to play this on ps5 and get acceptable performance but even then I’ve had 4 crashes and they have had to limit the graphical performance because it’s been held back by last gen.
Crazy it’s held back by last gen, which it runs like shit on, despite being what it was meant to be released on. The crashes must be infuriating especially when being on console should mean they know the specs they’re developing on.

My plan was always to play next year when I get a PS5 but I’m kinda sick of giving money to devs for AAA games that seem to have become acceptable to release in a buggy mess.

TrustInJanuzaj

Crazy it’s held back by last gen, which it runs like shit on, despite being what it was meant to be released on. The crashes must be infuriating especially when being on console should mean they know the specs they’re developing on.

My plan was always to play next year when I get a PS5 but I’m kinda sick of giving money to devs for AAA games that seem to have become acceptable to release in a buggy mess.
The issue is while the crashes are annoying I can’t help but think what a special game it is too. In a way I’m getting the same vibes as a Skyrim or a Fallout (which both played buggier for me). In 6 months I think we are looking at a one of a kind game that even if you jump in now is still a hell of an experience.

I think I’d still lean on rewarding the devs of a game like this where they have clearly spent a lot of time on the game rather than buying a quick cash grab game like Fallout 76 or Anthem for example. It’s just a shame about last gen.

Siorac

I'm going around the city, doing small jobs without progressing the story.

I'm getting the hang of the stealth + quickhacking gameplay and you can really do some fun things with it. Does feel a lot like playing the modern Deus Ex games. Hopefully the story amd characters are more HR than MD. The first few bits were dripping with cyberpunk atmosphere so that was a good start.

Haven't had a crash for about four hours now. It's a disgrace that this is a positive though. I don't mind the mediocre graphics but releasing a stable product that works and remembers my settings is really the bare minimum.

Siorac

Oh, and I'm trying it to do it non-lethal - so far V hasn't killed anyone, the big softie that she is.

It means a lot of reloading though - I'm not doing the 'welp, stealth failed, let's massacre everyone' trope of stealth games - which is basically a coffee break on a base PS4. And I don't drink coffee.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
The issue is while the crashes are annoying I can’t help but think what a special game it is too. In a way I’m getting the same vibes as a Skyrim or a Fallout (which both played buggier for me). In 6 months I think we are looking at a one of a kind game that even if you jump in now is still a hell of an experience.

I think I’d still lean on rewarding the devs of a game like this where they have clearly spent a lot of time on the game rather than buying a quick cash grab game like Fallout 76 or Anthem for example. It’s just a shame about last gen.
I can’t totally understand that, and if we are being honest once I have a ps5 I’ll end up buying it

rich of mean to moan too considering I loved xenoblade chronicles 2 on switch which in parts ran at about 4fps in 1p :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Not gonna lie, I was low level dreading this game for fear of it being disappointing. Seeing people describe it as "meh" is keeping my money in my wallet. That, and the fact that I've not got a PS5 and I don't want to run the game on my RX570 on the PC.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is why I never buy into hype about games and barely read about them barring the genre and setting. Some people are now disappointed whereas I’m taking for what it is and enjoying it.

b82REZ

This is why I never buy into hype about games and barely read about them barring the genre and setting. Some people are now disappointed whereas I’m taking for what it is and enjoying it.
Exactly this.

I kept up with news but I've managed to temper my expectations in the lead up.

For me so far it's an excellent game. It obviously needs a patch or ten but it has that feel that there's something truly special under all the bugs and crashes.

Grpahically I think the game is fine (PS5) and I'm surprised at how many people are complaining about that, although admittedly I haven't looked at any old gen footage. Mainly because I always assumed it wouldn't run well on those machines.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Same here. I have found it amazing so far.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Exactly this.

I kept up with news but I've managed to temper my expectations in the lead up.

For me so far it's an excellent game. It obviously needs a patch or ten but it has that feel that there's something truly special under all the bugs and crashes.

Grpahically I think the game is fine (PS5) and I'm surprised at how many people are complaining about that, although admittedly I haven't looked at any old gen footage. Mainly because I always assumed it wouldn't run well on those machines.
It looks fine. Honestly it could be prettier but it wouldn't make much of a difference to me. The world design is fantastic.

Bosws87

The digital foundry footage is incredible on a top spec rig.

I'm on ultra at 1080p looks decent and runs well but the guys on the 3090's may as well be playing a different game to me judging from the footage captured by digital foundry it looks incredible.

Be surprised if the consoles get close to that throughout the whole new generation

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Gah I've had the same mission crash 4 times now.

Siorac

The digital foundry footage is incredible on a top spec rig.

I'm on ultra at 1080p looks decent and runs well but the guys on the 3090's may as well be playing a different game to me judging from the footage captured by digital foundry it looks incredible.

Be surprised if the consoles get close to that throughout the whole new generation
Well, neither console gets anywhere near the 3090 in raw power. That card is a beast.

Bosws87

Well, neither console gets anywhere near the 3090 in raw power. That card is a beast.
Obviously spec wise but normally the closed platform and optimisation by the end of the generation has them punching well above what is expected.

The gap in this game looks so huge its crazy on a small 24inch monitor at 1080p everything ultra it looks nothing close to what i'm seeing on their footage normally the gap isn't that big the small monitor usually helps with the lower resolution.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Obviously spec wise but normally the closed platform and optimisation by the end of the generation has them punching well above what is expected.

The gap in this game looks so huge its crazy on a small 24inch monitor at 1080p everything ultra it looks nothing close to what i'm seeing on their footage normally the gap isn't that big the small monitor usually helps with the lower resolution.
The game was made for PC user, and underdeveloped for console, especially the last gen stuff (easily the games biggest market). This game should look and play MUCH better on the last gen machines.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I feel like they always intended it to be for PC and next gen, but had to cater to the last generation purely for extra sales.

I guess it gets a bit messy when you're slap bang between 2 consoles like that.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Im a little further in, just finished one small early mission which had some cool twist on how hacking/spying can be done that I hadnt had before in a game. Made me look forward to the next time I fire the game up.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Has anyone figured out crafting yet? It sometimes tells me I’ve picked up iconic guns that have crafting elements or something but it’s not really told me how to do that. I can see I can make guns in the crafting menu.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has anyone figured out crafting yet? It sometimes tells me I’ve picked up iconic guns that have crafting elements or something but it’s not really told me how to do that. I can see I can make guns in the crafting menu.
I can’t even settle on a gun to level up or put attachments on, because 5 mins later I’ve picked up a better one

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
This just happened to me. When I went to the crafting menu everything was greyed out as if there was nothing I could do. Why feckin tell me then.

Siorac

This just happened to me. When I went to the crafting menu everything was greyed out as if there was nothing I could do. Why feckin tell me then.
Click on the recipe in the crafting menu. It tells you what components you need. Get components from disassembling stuff. You can also find some in the world.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
When people in here show surprise at the comments about graphics it makes me wonder if I'm playing an outdated version because some of it is really bad :lol:

I think being first person does the game a lot of harm. The clunkiness and clumsiness can be much better hidden and is more forgivable in first person. Maybe the world wouldnt feel so immersive to those that feel that way though (I don't yet.. but not long hit the open world)

Does anybody find the camera shake whilst walking / running annoying and is there a way to turn that off?

TrustInJanuzaj

The only thing I’ve used the crafting for so far is ammo. I’ve done a couple of basic updates but most of my gear is rare or above so it’s hard to find the parts. I r era s one review which said the crafting isn’t great but I’m still going to try and use it abit.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’m just running round with a katana at the min. Going for a stealthy, guns/sword nomad role. Next play I will do the corp one and be really techy. Resisting the urge to use many hacks this play through.