Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What the feck, are you playing this on a toaster? I remember that scene, it's Lizzie's Bar and those girls did not look like... that on a PS4.
Surely this is just when it fails to render in time. It probably loaded after a second or two.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
On that mission right at the start, is this how it looked for everybody?

I can't upload the image to Xbox live directly so had to take a photo on my phone.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Real cnut's trick to sneak it out in that state for the base consoles.

I can't see them doing much to rectify it either because that gen is the past now. PS5/XSX will be prioritised.

Balljy

The digital foundry footage is incredible on a top spec rig.

I'm on ultra at 1080p looks decent and runs well but the guys on the 3090's may as well be playing a different game to me judging from the footage captured by digital foundry it looks incredible.

Be surprised if the consoles get close to that throughout the whole new generation
I'm seeing exactly the same graphics at 4k Ultra as that video on my 3080. The only difference is I've had to set one of the shadow bars to Medium in the settings which jumped me up from 55fps to around 62. I have DLSS set to performance so it's the same as on their footage with that set.

The problem for the consoles will be ray tracing. I can see them hitting that sort of quality but without all the RT features turned on.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'm seeing exactly the same graphics at 4k Ultra as that video on my 3080. The only difference is I've had to set one of the shadow bars to Medium in the settings which jumped me up from 55fps to around 62. I have DLSS set to performance so it's the same as on their footage with that set.

The problem for the consoles will be ray tracing. I can see them hitting that sort of quality but without all the RT features turned on.
Yep, the only difference is the ray tracing which makes a huge difference. I have it on, and lighting set to ultra and I'm seeing pretty much the best the game has to offer on my 3070.

Balljy

Yep, the only difference is the ray tracing which makes a huge difference. I have it on, and lighting set to ultra and I'm seeing pretty much the best the game has to offer on my 3070.
By the way, I went through the settings last night and found that setting "Cascaded Shadows Resolution" from High to Medium gained me an immediate 7 to 10fps with no real noticeable loss of quality. Everything else was minor fps differences apart from that (and RT obviously, but we want that on).

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I still haven’t finished the first main mission involving Dex and Evelyn, doing side missions and NCPD crimes. Bought a new OS for more RAM and looted/bought a few mods too.

I think I’m close to doing missions again as I don’t have enough street cred or high enough level. Will prob keep staggering like that depending on my cred and level

Siorac

I still haven’t finished the first main mission involving Dex and Evelyn, doing side missions and NCPD crimes. Bought a new OS for more RAM and looted/bought a few mods too.
Yup, I'm doing the same, over 10 hours now and still haven't progressed the main story.

Redlambs

By the way, I went through the settings last night and found that setting "Cascaded Shadows Resolution" from High to Medium gained me an immediate 7 to 10fps with no real noticeable loss of quality. Everything else was minor fps differences apart from that (and RT obviously, but we want that on).
Yes, you can change that in Nvidia settings too to force it.

As I said previously, this game does not handle shadows well. Even at the same framerate, the game can run a lot smoother if you turn some of those options down. In fact, a lot of the options are bugged anyway, it's best just to ignore them and push higher resolutions (even super sampling, for example I'm using a weird 1570p resolution on my 1080p monitor and it's gained me about 5fps) with RTX and DLSS on.

Redlambs

I think I’m close to doing missions again as I don’t have enough street cred or high enough level. Will prob keep staggering like that depending on my cred and level
I've just spent at least an hour jumping around the balconies outside the apartment seeing where I can jump to and how far I can fall.

I might have a problem :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Apart from the woefull technical difficulties on the PS4 base version, I think it's a pretty decent game so far. However I havn't been able to figure out what the story is really about so far and I don't feel the quality of the writing and atmosphere is up there with the Witcher 3. Still it's a fairly unique hybrid of a game. Reminds me of a mixture of GTA and Deus Ex.

Vitro

I’m not at all fussy when it comes to graphics, but when I first booted it up on my PS4 I couldn’t believe how terrible the graphics were, everything more than 5m away from my POV was so blurry; unplayable. I played around with HDR, gamma and contrast on my monitor (also switched off motion blur and film grain) and it has much improved, just about playable now, and although the resolution is below 1080p it has a somewhat cartoonish/Borderlands vibe.

Had 1 crash in about 3 hours of gameplay, and some glitches but nothing too awful. FPS drops a couple of times, but again manageable. I really can’t wait for a patch to increase FPS stability and bump up resolution a little.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I just couldnt stand male V any more, restarted as a street kid female, taking my time now I know the mechanics and Im enjoying it a bit more.

Also has anyone heard about the boat that recently docked called "kujira" or the whale as its known here?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
How far can patches go in enhancing in game visuals ?
Bear with me, I'm abit of a novice when it comes to game tech and what can be achieved through patches and what cant.

Kaos

This really should have been a next-gen exclusive. In fact, they were just better off delaying this well into 2021 and releasing it solely for PS5/XSX/PC. Would have been a much better game IMO.

I'm still having a blast on my PC and I love the immersion factor. But funny enough part of me is more excited with what they could do with the franchise going forward. This probably isn't the 'game of the generation' we hoped for, but hopefully it gives CDPR a base to eventually create a phenomenal next-gen cyberpunk game. A bit like how the first two janky Witcher games paved the way for the masterpiece that was Witcher 3.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
How far can patches go in enhancing in game visuals ?
Bear with me, I'm abit of a novice when it comes to game tech and what can be achieved through patches and what cant.
There are a myriad of factors such as the game engine and how easy it for developers to changes things around. As I understand CDPR built the engine themselves so you would expect they could go pretty far. I wouldn't expect much in the way of visual upgrades on PS4/XBONE, they'll primarily look to stabilize frame rates and fix visual bugs. It will likely be months before we see anything beyond them making the game as stable to play as possible.

Siorac

I just couldnt stand male V any more, restarted as a street kid female, taking my time now I know the mechanics and Im enjoying it a bit more.

Also has anyone heard about the boat that recently docked called "kujira" or the whale as its known here?
I'm concerned some might want to harpoon it.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Yup, I'm doing the same, over 10 hours now and still haven't progressed the main story.

Ya, I think it probably suits to slow it down a peg or 2. Need to graft a few quid and build up what you can at first. I'm sure they dont allow you to graft and unlock everything too early, prob why the levels and cred is there. So it's no harm playing it out that way!

I've just spent at least an hour jumping around the balconies outside the apartment seeing where I can jump to and how far I can fall.

I might have a problem :lol:
I'm sure cd projekt devs will love you. They working on core game features, and there's you jumping roof to roof and prob finding more bugs :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Started as a streetkid. Seems like a good one to play a first play through on

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There are a myriad of factors such as the game engine and how easy it for developers to changes things around. As I understand CDPR built the engine themselves so you would expect they could go pretty far. I wouldn't expect much in the way of visual upgrades on PS4/XBONE, they'll primarily look to stabilize frame rates and fix visual bugs. It will likely be months before we see anything beyond them making the game as stable to play as possible.
Sadly I think the fixes to the PS4 and XBONE will come before any patch for the new generation of consoles.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sadly I think the fixes to the PS4 and XBONE will come before any patch for the new generation of consoles.
Why is that sad? They released it specifically on these consoles, taking endless amounts of pre-orders knowing how janky their game was running on these systems. Fixing the base console gameplay is the very first thing they must do.

Kaos

That first proper mission you get from Dexter

Where you pick up the spiderbot from the Maelstrom, loved how tense it was. My exchange led to a mexican standoff which I smooth talked my way out of. More of those please :D

Redlambs

Ya, I think it probably suits to slow it down a peg or 2. Need to graft a few quid and build up what you can at first. I'm sure they dont allow you to graft and unlock everything too early, prob why the levels and cred is there. So it's no harm playing it out that way!

I'm sure cd projekt devs will love you. They working on core game features, and there's you jumping roof to roof and prob finding more bugs :lol:
It's called exploring the limits of my in-game ankles.

;):lol:

Kaos

Also nice one on the FPS optimisation suggestion @Redlambs. Turned off RT, and jumped up to 1440p, dlss set to quality, with everything on high/ultra (shadows turned down, motion blur, film grain and lens flare turned off). Getting a steady 60fps now :)

Eriku

I’m 15 hours in, only just getting a bit deeper into the Evelyn thing. Have also spent a fair bit of time figuring out crafting, upgrading, taking out random gang members I spot, etc. I also feel bad for not paying Vik back yet should really start stacking some eddies soon.

ShinjiNinja26

What’s people’s opinion of the game so far without giving anything away obviously? I’ve seen a few folk on Twitter saying the games pretty boring but it might just come down to their preference right enough, just wanted to know a bit before buying the game.