Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Balljy

What's the point of character customisation if you can't see your character. It makes all those choices completely pointless. The Least they could have done, was do it like witcher where your character shows up in the dialogue parts. You only see character for 5 seconds at the start and that's it for the rest of the game.
Agreed, that's something that I find a bit weird considering the amount of effort they've gone to in customisation. It's possible something comes along later in the game, but not sure.

As a work around I've taken to using motorbikes to go anywhere as you can see your character in 3rd person view then.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I've seen loads of posts and articles about the ps4 and Xbox and pc versions...

How is the stadia?

AaronRedDevil

Agreed, that's something that I find a bit weird considering the amount of effort they've gone to in customisation. It's possible something comes along later in the game, but not sure.

As a work around I've taken to using motorbikes to go anywhere as you can see your character in 3rd person view then.
Really? I haven't used a motorbike yet. Only 5 hours into it. I'm enjoying it, but yeah.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is there a patch on the base ps4 and does it make it better ? I've ordered the game, will receive it tomorrow but the reviews are putting me off tbh
There was a 17GB patch last night, I haven’t played yet but it sounds like it fixed a fair bit.

Siorac

There was a 17GB patch last night, I haven’t played yet but it sounds like it fixed a fair bit.
Most noticeable improvements for me were menu responsiveness and driving framerates. Both definitely felt better.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What's the point of character customisation if you can't see your character. It makes all those choices completely pointless. The Least they could have done, was do it like witcher where your character shows up in the dialogue parts. You only see character for 5 seconds at the start and that's it for the rest of the game.
I remember there was a bit of backlash about t that about that and I agree. In principle, it makes no sense but I guess they had to do it to optimize their game

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah I don’t understand that at all. I played a game a few years ago that had you build a character and to never see them. It was baffling when you’d unlock clothing items :lol:

Siorac

Yeah I don’t understand that at all. I played a game a few years ago that had you build a character and to never see them. It was baffling when you’d unlock clothing items :lol:
I spend a lot of time on the inventory screen, admiring my V. Would have been nice to see her in a couple of cutscenes, too.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I swear I read car customisation was meant to be in too, so hopefully that will come.
Yeah, they had to remove it because it wasn't working the way they had hoped. It makes you wonder if there's a lot that people feel is missing that just ended up on the cutting room floor.

Last year the decided to make the game entirely first person, instead of your character showing up in cutscenes. So there's another change. At the very least it gives hope that they can give you these two things at a later date since they had them working at one point.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, they had to remove it because it wasn't working the way they had hoped. It makes you wonder if there's a lot that people feel is missing that just ended up on the cutting room floor.

Last year the decided to make the game entirely first person, instead of your character showing up in cutscenes. So there's another change. At the very least it gives hope that they can give you these two things at a later date since they had them working at one point.
It's got Bioshock Infinte written all over it sadly :(

BTW here's a doozy, I can't update it via GOG as the update on it is 500mb and I apparently don't have enough space (ssd with 54gb spare). The excuse is "the game needs to fix lots of files you you need 60gb spare!" :lol: This is an absolute mess all round :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I couldn't care less about any of this personally. Always felt these little minigames in GTAs were there to distract from how boring and awkward feeling the main gameplay and combat feels in those games. The lack of NPC behaviour more of a mark against the game for me, it's definitely shallow. Night City feels alive through its visuals and sounds, but definitely not as a result of its NPCs.
That's fair enough mate it's obviously subjective but I find those details add up to something that feels very lived in.

Alock1

You can deffo use vending machines. There’s even one in your apartment as well. You can buy food too from some shops. I went in to one and gave the guy some shit about his dodgy food before buying some. The boxing you do at different spots around the city after talking to that guy.

I agree it could certainly be better mind. They’ve definitely not pushed any boundaries in this regard.

The lack of tattoo and hair changes is frankly baffling. Have to assume this will come in an update. I swear I read car customisation was meant to be in too, so hopefully that will come. I don’t mind the feel of them, in fact it’s better than I expected. Agree it isn’t very fun to drive though.

One thing I’d really like is the ability to upgrade/change things in your apartment. I always like the idea of doing some less intense side stuff and then seeing the fruits of your labour in your base.
I knew there'd be some stuff I missed or hadn't got to yet but you get my overall point.

If they had another 12 months to release the game I'm sure they would have done all this stuff and I'm sure it was part of their 'vision' based on everything they'd said about the game to date and how we see snippets of these things.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's got Bioshock Infinte written all over it sadly :(

BTW here's a doozy, I can't update it via GOG as the update on it is 500mb and I apparently don't have enough space (ssd with 54gb spare). The excuse is "the game needs to fix lots of files you you need 60gb spare!" :lol: This is an absolute mess all round :lol:
Oh wow, that's...really crap. I really want to play this but at the same time I also don't. The police spawning in randomly is something that they'll definitely be unable to patch as well, surely. Thankfully Mrs Claus is stuffing my stocking with it this year.

Redlambs

Oh wow, that's...really crap. I really want to play this but at the same time I also don't. The police spawning in randomly is something that they'll definitely be unable to patch as well, surely. Thankfully Mrs Claus is stuffing my stocking with it this year.
If that is actually true with how they update, it sounds as bad as Epic with Fortnite (notorious for it).

It'll be carnage on twitter when the console gamers get to that point :lol:

Alock1

If they could patch it 3rd person at some point that'd be huge. Perhaps they could drop it with the next gen update.

I really think that decision is the most harming. You don't benefit from all the customisation options. But I also feel that the clunky movement and combat feels a lot worse due to the first person pov where it's harder to be forgiving of that stuff.

Stactix

I've seen loads of posts and articles about the ps4 and Xbox and pc versions...

How is the stadia?
I played it briefly as brought it with the deal that includes the chromecast/controller. Playing it on gog now as new PC, couldn't really tell the difference.

Girlfriend is now using it via family sharing on her old laptop via wifi. Considering we struggle with video calls sometimes, she's said aside from the odd lag it's been really good.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If they could patch it 3rd person at some point that'd be huge. Perhaps they could drop it with the next gen update.

I really think that decision is the most harming. You don't benefit from all the customisation options. But I also feel that the clunky movement and combat feels a lot worse due to the first person pov where it's harder to be forgiving of that stuff.
Hopefully they do. They said they took it out because they wanted to improve immersion, and it wasn't because of any issue they were having with it. That's what they say, anyway, but it's probably true since they flat out admitted that they removed vehicle customisation because it wasn't working.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I played it briefly as brought it with the deal that includes the chromecast/controller. Playing it on gog now as new PC, couldn't really the tell the difference.

Girlfriend is now using it via family sharing on her old laptop via wifi. Considering we struggle with video calls sometimes, she's said aside from the odd lag it's been really good.
Man if Google were a up-start company they'd be running ads showcasing that's it's better than PS4 and Xbox left right and centre.

Assuming it is

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just you wait until I can actually play it! (well apart from the ~5 hours I've already spent jumping around rooftops and sniping people rather than playing the actual game to see what the limits are)

:lol:
I bet devs hate people like you :lol:

Redlambs

I bet devs hate people like you :lol:
On the contrary, I used to love our game testers to see what they came up with! Developers love seeing what people do with their games, especially sandbox ones :lol:

Besides, no chance the guys working on this game are happy with how it's released. They'll be even more bummed about the problems and cuts than anyone, trust me on that. You don't want to be working on a labour of love for all those years only for it to have to be forced out in half the state you envisioned it. As I've said before, look into what happened with Bioshock and why he dismantled the entire team and left the company even after they made a ridiculous amount of money,

MuFc_1992

I'm getting really low FPS on my 1060 even in medium but I feel like the game is really playable with 30fps. The story looks awesome so far and I've only encountered a few glitches here and there.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
On the contrary, I used to love our game testers to see what they came up with! Developers love seeing what people do with their games, especially sandbox ones :lol:

Besides, no chance the guys working on this game are happy with how it's released. They'll be even more bummed about the problems and cuts than anyone, trust me on that. You don't want to be working on a labour of love for all those years only for it to have to be forced out in half the state you envisioned it. As I've said before, look into what happened with Bioshock and why he dismantled the entire team and left the company even after they made a ridiculous amount of money,
no to be fair I can believe that, I can’t imagine dedicating so much of my life just to release something half baked especially when you’re not one of the big earners and you had the chance to be part of one of the big games of the generation

I mean I feel bad enough when a warhammer model I spent an evening on doesn’t come up to my standards let alone this :lol:

Drawfull

I'm getting really low FPS on my 1060 even in medium but I feel like the game is really playable with 30fps. The story looks awesome so far and I've only encountered a few glitches here and there.
I had same problem on a GTX1080 (a bit faster, but), but made the following changes off a guide on Steam. I now get essentially 60fps at 1080p high/ultra*

Boot game
Set preset to Ultra
Change texture quality to medium (don't load a save or continue your game or else this option disappears)
FOV 80
Grain Off
Chromatic Off
DOF On
Lens On
Motion Off
Contact Shad On
Improved facial On
Anisotropic 16
Local mesh High
Local Shadow High
Cascaded range Medium (helped a lot)
Cascaded resolution Medium
Distant shad High
Vol fog res high
Vol cloud Medium
Max Dynamic High
Screen Space reflections Low
Subsurface scattering High
Ambient high
Color precision high
Mirror high
LOD high
All dynamic scaling off

VSync 60

MuFc_1992

I had same problem on a GTX1080 (a bit faster, but), but made the following changes off a guide on Steam. I now get essentially 60fps at 1080p high/ultra*

Boot game
Set preset to Ultra
Change texture quality to medium (don't load a save or continue your game or else this option disappears)
FOV 80
Grain Off
Chromatic Off
DOF On
Lens On
Motion Off
Contact Shad On
Improved facial On
Anisotropic 16
Local mesh High
Local Shadow High
Cascaded range Medium (helped a lot)
Cascaded resolution Medium
Distant shad High
Vol fog res high
Vol cloud Medium
Max Dynamic High
Screen Space reflections Low
Subsurface scattering High
Ambient high
Color precision high
Mirror high
LOD high
All dynamic scaling off

VSync 60
Nah, I'm playing on an overheating laptop that's almost 4 year old so, I'm just happy that I'm able to play this game even at low fps. I did go through an article on Tom's hardware that said which settings to lower to get the best performance. If you want some extra fps you could try lowering vol fog res as well.

Lyricist

Have to say, I'm starting to get hooked to the game. It's definitely got a stunning level of visual detail and I'm sure the story won't disappoint.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I love that game but I’m having serious issues with crashing on the PS5. I’m struggling to play for more than an hour or two at a time without crashing which is such a shame.

NJM78

Playing on PS5, have to say like many, very disappointed with visuals. I have changed settings on graphics and controllers as per YouTube guides so looks and plays a little better. Still have 8/10 npc mouths not moving when they talk. They are so useless as well and the amount of times a woman has told me to "kiss my tits, punk" stopped being funny ages ago!

Just a bland open world at the moment, and I can't believe how the PS4 remaster of GTA 5 looks and plays so much better than this game and that came out in 2014.

Pretty disappointed but will continue to play today and hope it gets better.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
In other news, I just got the mantis blades and boy oh boy are they fun. You can cut people down so fast. They are awesome.

marktan

I've brought this both on stadia ( due to the deal here )https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fr...google-stadia-3593595?page=36#thread-comments

and via gog on Ukraine VPN.

I'd definetly reccomend stadia, played for a little while and I couldn't tell the difference between that and my local game on gog which has been running nicely on my new pc.
Especially for those with lower end pcs/Consoles.
How good are the graphics for you on stadia? I tried it out last night on my macbook Pro connected to a monitor, it's pretty good but I was hoping probably unrealistically for something closer to the top rigs. Looks a little grainy and early 2010s at times for me. My Internet is 60mbps down so that might limit it, idk.

marktan

I've only played about an hour, does anyone know if choosing a different option between carpo / nomad / Street kid affect the game play significantly? Or is more to do with abilities?