Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Bosws87

I couldn't play the console version, some people enjoying a game running at 19fps its madness :lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Right there with you honestly. I'm getting a ton of enjoyment from it. There's getting excited, then there's expecting The Best Graphics Ever along with The Best Writing Ever along with The Best Setting Ever along with The Best Gameplay Ever. It seems like some were hoping for/expecting a GTA and Deus Ex mashup that outstrips every entry in those franchises at all the things those franchises are best at.
Well then these "people" must surely be the most disappointed.

As it fails at all of those things, in some cases rather drastically too :lol:

Redlambs

I think what bothers me the most, and this is far from exclusive to CDPR, is that more and more consumers are being treated as beta testers for games released too soon. You only ever get one first play through of a game, and when you’ve waited years and have paid top dollar for a AAA game I think people deserve a better experience. You can play again months later but it’s not the same.
Yup.

caid

Don’t shill for them.

They could have easily not released it on these consoles. But they saw the 100m plus PS4 user base and decided to release it on that. So they should release it in acceptable state for these consoles.

And no idea what you mean by modern game. Game doesn’t do anything new that’s not been done before. The AI certainly doesn’t look modern.
Its in a genuinely shit state on base consoles, so i agree. Just wondering whats acceptable at this point for a base ps4?
I think the vertacility is a huge issue and the deal breaker vs a red dead or gta. I dont know if the game does it but it should probably be heavily prioritising ground floor. Assets 2 foors above you being slow or not loading in isn't going to be as obvious (unless your redlambs). I think you can forget about driving not being a huge issue for it, that just looks beyond what either of them can deal with. But dragging most of the game up to 30fps seems achievable.
Act 2 seems really strong story wise but i feel like i should do some more side jobs and maybe wander about and explore. Just got a sniper rifle so doing a redlambs sounds fun.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There’s the crowd of “I find no issues, I love it” and the negative crowd. It happens with a lot of games. The truth is that both can be true but we also have to look at why they didn’t allow reviews for console versions and why they have to drop 18gb updates. Surely that’s because there’s obvious problems with the game and no amount of “people are just complaining because they have too high expectations” will make it less true.

There’s still time for them to sort the game out. Hopefully it won’t be like mafia 3 when they sorted the game way after the player base moved on

Redlambs

Its in a genuinely shit state on base consoles, so i agree. Just wondering whats acceptable at this point for a base ps4?
I think the vertacility is a huge issue and the deal breaker vs a red dead or gta. I dont know if the game does it but it should probably be heavily prioritising ground floor. Assets 2 foors above you being slow or not loading in isn't going to be as obvious (unless your redlambs). I think you can forget about driving not being a huge issue for it, that just looks beyond what either of them can deal with. But dragging most of the game up to 30fps seems achievable.
Act 2 seems really strong story wise but i feel like i should do some more side jobs and maybe wander about and explore. Just got a sniper rifle so doing a redlambs sounds fun.
No tag and incorrect use of your.

(I'm enjoying running around rooftops, you can find some fun spots to mess around with mate!)

caid

They should really change it to an early access or beta release on consoles and offer refunds too.
I stopped buying games on release ages ago and the few times i make an exception i expect a fair few bugs. But this is especially poor even on pc which seems to be faring a hell of a lot better.

Redlambs

I think what bothers me the most, and this is far from exclusive to CDPR, is that more and more consumers are being treated as beta testers for games released too soon. You only ever get one first play through of a game, and when you’ve waited years and have paid top dollar for a AAA game I think people deserve a better experience. You can play again months later but it’s not the same.
I couldn't play the console version, some people enjoying a game running at 19fps its madness :lol:
There’s the crowd of “I find no issues, I love it” and the negative crowd. It happens with a lot of games. The truth is that both can be true but we also have to look at why they didn’t allow reviews for console versions and why they have to drop 18gb updates. Surely that’s because there’s obvious problems with the game and no amount of “people are just complaining because they have too high expectations” will make it less true.

There’s still time for them to sort the game out. Hopefully it won’t be like mafia 3 when they sorted the game way after the player base moved on
It's a silly argument anyway: the box says PS4 so it should run well on the PS4, regardless of anything else.
@Walrus @Bebe I'm not having a pop at you guys, I'm making a point, so let's get that clear before I post the next question :)

Have any of the above ever said any of the things you are talking about? That's they were hyped up and expected "Deus Ex mixed with GTA only much better" and all that? In fact, have I?

Or can you find other examples on here of what you are talking about? I'm interesting to see who "they" really are.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah agree with this big time. So many games need extra time and testing. Their reasoning will be money related, obviously, yet these companies releasing the big games are making insane money. I’m sure they could spend another year on it and not feel it that much

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Xbox patch is out now. I’ll load it up later and see how it looks.

caid

No tag and incorrect use of your.

(I'm enjoying running around rooftops, you can find some fun spots to mess around with mate!)
I wasn't having a pop and can be pretty lazy or just wrong on you're. I thought it was funny and clever idea, figured you'd see it regardless of the tag.

Redlambs

Yeah agree with this big time. So many games need extra time and testing. Their reasoning will be money related, obviously, yet these companies releasing the big games are making insane money. I’m sure they could spend another year on it and not feel it that much
Yep.

As much as I like the concept of early access, it's opened the doors to situations like this now more than ever. People just shrug their shoulders and accept it.

Bojan11

Get it to stable 30 FPS would be a start. Fix the crashing issues for people and make driving playable. I don’t expect to see major changes to the graphics or even crowd/car density on the old consoles.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm enjoying it, apparently loads of people bought a modern game on 7 year old technology and are surprised it doesn't run well *shrug*
You've got a point. It's damning when you look at games like GTA V and RDR2 with their police AI that actively look for criminals, patrol the streets, ask if you know anything about a nearby crime etc, before seeing how far we've come with this incredible next gen presentation of magically popping-in cops who seem to come from the mirror verse.

The regular NPCs are proper next gen as well. Who needs things like having a conversation, reacting to your illegal activity, running for cover when things go bad? Real people don't act like that. Cyberpunk has got that shit locked down with their mannequins who walk from one corner of the street to the next.

Old games on old hardware like *insert pretty much any open world game from 2013 onwards* are no match for the NEXT GEN spectacle that is this unfinished pile of shit.

Bebe

@Walrus @Bebe I'm not having a pop at you guys, I'm making a point, so let's get that clear before I post the next question :)

Have any of the above ever said any of the things you are talking about? That's they were hyped up and expected "Deus Ex mixed with GTA only much better" and all that? In fact, have I?

Or can you find other examples on here of what you are talking about? I'm interesting to see who "they" really are.
Honestly I haven't been active on this forum for years and cba to go through the thread. @Alock1 had made a post about how the game lacks GTA style minigames for bowling alleys and the like, that's probably where my GTA comment came from. I find some of the "meh, underwhelming, boring" type reactions hard to understand personally as I find that the game is genuinely a lot of fun, when its working.

To be clear, I've no issue with the complaints regarding performance. Most of what you quoted there about gamers paying to be beta testers etc I agree with wholeheartedly. I'd want a refund if I'd bought the game for ps4/xbone. It's shambolic and I don't think CDPR deserve a free pass on selling a broken product.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Honestly I haven't been active on this forum for years and cba to go through the thread. @Alock1 had made a post about how the game lacks GTA style minigames for bowling alleys and the like, that's probably where my GTA comment came from. I find some of the "meh, underwhelming, boring" type reactions hard to understand personally as I find that the game is genuinely a lot of fun, when its working.

To be clear, I've no issue with the complaints regarding performance. Most of what you quoted there about gamers paying to be beta testers etc I agree with wholeheartedly. I'd want a refund if I'd bought the game for ps4/xbone. It's shambolic and I don't think CDPR deserve a free pass on selling a broken product.
But that's not because of hype that's because of the expectation set by a game with this budget, this marketing, the previous game by the same dev, and being constantly told how immersive, engaging and interactive it is. It's also an expectation of an open world game that is looking to be so ambitious as this one.

I also posted how the NPRs walk from a to b and have no life, that their interactions tire almost immediately and that the police AI is horrendous (spawn and multiply, but be thwarted by driving round the corner)

Games that are much older but equally ambitious and varied have done a number of things a lot better and I called it out.

Bebe

But that's not because of hype that's because of the expectation set by a game with this budget, this marketing, the previous game by the same dev, and being constantly told how immersive, engaging and interactive it is. It's also an expectation of an open world game that is looking to be so ambitious as this one.

I also posted how the NPRs walk from a to b and have no life, that their interactions tire almost immediately and that the police AI is horrendous (spawn and multiply, but be thwarted by driving round the corner)

Games that are much older but equally ambitious and varied have done a number of things a lot better and I called it out.
Apologies if it seemed like I was singling you out mate, I don't disagree with any of what you called out and I think you're correct. NPCs walking around seem to basically only do that, walk around. Other open world games have done more in that regard. Personally, I don't care much about these issues. They take it down from "best game ever" type consideration for me, but that's about it. I'm getting a lot of enjoyment from the setting (Night City is much more visually interesting than what I've seen from a GTA or WatchDogs, and far more vertical) and the different ways to approach combat/missions the game allows for. Add in a story that's been strong so far for me (I've only just finished the Heist mission, so its early days admittedly) and I'm pretty set.

Redlambs

Yeah, people are equally allowed to like it. What got me was the whole laughing at people who have issues with it, then carrying on about "they".

That's the thing, if you want to debate then do it. But if you are talking about what "they" say then provide examples. I'm not saying those kind of people don't exist, they clearly do, but at least read the room before trying to appear above it all and as if anyone who doesn't agree all full into the same category. This forum, and all social media, has enough of that kind of debating already. Plus in the game industry, they get away with shit like this (publishers and management, not the devs themselves), because people somehow see it as different so just accept the shit.

Honestly, the only thing I laugh at here (and I mean genuinely laugh out loud at) at the inevitable ones who actually claim they have the perfect copy that never goes wrong. The perfect console that somehow has no issues that anyone else has.

Now on that last point:
obvcious joke that I only put in after seeing you replied, so don't get your xbox thong in a twist! (also pics!)

Absolutely. There's not a single aspect of this game that hasn't been done before and better. That's the issue here, that whilst it sets out to be all things to all men, it's that failure that's on them not on us as the gamers.

I accept and have referenced that people haven't all played the same games, so they may not see it the same as me. But this is so blatantly inspired by some great games in their own right and it has hamstrung them.

Redlambs

Are the graphics slightly better with this XSX update or am I imagining it?
They probably are mate.

On PC, I'm getting much better frames so I'm pushing higher graphics. I'd imagine they've upped some things for the console too.

*WARNING NERD ALERT* One of the big issues is clearly the texture streaming was fecked. Going between the PS4 with it's fast memory, to Xbone and that trash "bridge", to the S which has less memory than the X and finally the PC with...well...feck knows what archaic systems the likes of me has, it seems they didn't set up the level loading/texture streaming to be more specific. Hence the trash performance across the board, hence why this update is different on all systems. *WARNING NERD ALERT*

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Right.

I've decided to do this

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fr...google-stadia-3593595?page=42#thread-comments

Buy Cyberpunk £49.99 - £10.00 = £39.99

Get Cyberpunk on Stadia which seems to be the 2nd best way to get it at the moment... and also a Stadia Premier Edition... which is currently going on ebay for £50 but will probably go down to like £25 but who cares. Sell Stadia, playing Cyberpunk for like £15.

Talk me out of it or I'm doing it.

Alock1

Right.

I've decided to do this

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fr...google-stadia-3593595?page=42#thread-comments

Get Cyberpunk on Stadia which seems to be the 2nd best way to get it at the moment... and also a Stadia Premier Edition... which is currently going on ebay for £50 but will probably go down to like £25 but who cares. Sell Stadia, playing Cyberpunk for like £15.

At least credit the guy in this thread who gave you the idea

I've been looking at this last few hours too. More just because it's a cheap way to get Stadia Premiere. I hope xCloud ends up working on the Chromecast Ultra at some point with it being Android.

Though it is off-putting that it could be a month from now before I get a code to claim the free Chromecast.

rcoobc

At least credit the guy in this thread who gave you the idea

I've been looking at this last few hours too. More just because it's a cheap way to get Stadia Premiere. I hope xCloud ends up working on the Chromecast Ultra at some point with it being Android.
No idea who that is. I found it organically.

Redlambs

Right.

I've decided to do this

Get Cyberpunk on Stadia which seems to be the 2nd best way to get it at the moment... and also a Stadia Premier Edition.

Good luck. They are massively struggling and Google WILL pull out at some point. You also will always get input lag, that's not even in question, but you also will not be getting close to the performance stats they claim to put out. Much like when you enable the netflix shite on the top corner.

Great idea - trash execution that they will definitely dump.

rcoobc

Good luck. They are massively struggling and Google WILL pull out at some point. You also will always get input lag, that's not even in question, but you also will not be getting close to the performance stats they claim to put out. Much like when you enable the netflix shite on the top corner.

Surely if/when they pull out they'll give refunds.

Alock1

They have made some pretty big decisions in the marketing space built around future proofing Chrome and it's products, and they called out Stadia's potential and importance to their strategy a lot during that process.

That they have then let the ball drop on it like they have seems strange to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped it either.

They can still turn it around though if they do refocus. The challenge for them is that Microsoft have jumped on streaming so quickly and can match them for cloud infrastructure, and already have an established roster of studios, IP and audience.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
@Redlambs what’s the deal with curves being so difficult? Circles especially looking like octagons. I’m guessing the more points, the more resources needed? I thought this would have improved more by now.

It’s always very noticable for me. The corners in the road look rubbish because of this when you’re on foot.

Drifter

American
Cyberpunk 2077 Review Bombed, CDPR Execs Take Blame! Journalists Attack & Gamers Upset With Launch!

Bojan11

Deadly serious. I fully expect Google to give up on Stadia (give their track record of giving up on everything else)

But for purchases, I would expect them to give refunds. Not for subscriptions, but purchases.
They won’t give refunds to purchases. That money has gone to the publisher of those games. If they close it down then you will lose all your purchases. But they won’t close it down within a minute. They will give the usual 6 to 12 months time limit.

Alock1

They won’t give refunds to purchases. That money has gone to the publisher of those games. If they close it down then you will lose all your purchases. But they won’t close it down within a minute. They will give the usual 6 to 12 months time limit.
Probably longer to be honest. They would just leave the servers up to facilitate continued access but stop subscriptions, adding content etc. For Google Cloud to have some continued servers on the back burner for stadia purchases for 3 years wouldn't be an issue for them in the slightest.

Bojan11

Cyberpunk 2077 Review Bombed, CDPR Execs Take Blame! Journalists Attack & Gamers Upset With Launch!

Journalists attack? Most of them gave it a 9.

Unless the title means Journalists are attacked, then that’s true because one was for giving it a 7 and was ridiculed.