Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Bosws87

I turned off ray tracing completely while it is fantastic it’s not worth the performance cost I’d rather have all the other bells and whistles.

Stactix

At least credit the guy in this thread who gave you the idea

I've been looking at this last few hours too. More just because it's a cheap way to get Stadia Premiere. I hope xCloud ends up working on the Chromecast Ultra at some point with it being Android.

Though it is off-putting that it could be a month from now before I get a code to claim the free Chromecast.
I've had my code and been dispatched eta 15th for arrival.
Now I did order a few weeks before release, probably should of waited and used that £10 in conjuction to it (couldn't for the preorder)

While reading the hotuk thread, some ordered and recieved within a few hours from what I gather. Guess it will largely depend on stock.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Is there a way to turn off the screen going dark around the edges when you crouch?

Is there a reason for that? I assume it's not just to remind you that you're crouched..

Bosws87

Is there a way to turn off the screen going dark around the edges when you crouch?

Is there a reason for that? I assume it's not just to remind you that you're crouched..
visual cue to show your in stealth mode making no noise, but the AI is that thick it’s irrelevant

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
visual cue to show your in stealth mode making no noise, but the AI is that thick it’s irrelevant
So a reminder that you're crouched ;)

Not a big deal just a little annoying as I find the lighting in this off already and that makes it worse.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
They have made some pretty big decisions in the marketing space built around future proofing Chrome and it's products, and they called out Stadia's potential and importance to their strategy a lot during that process.

That they have then let the ball drop on it like they have seems strange to me, so I wouldn't be surprised if they dumped it either.

They can still turn it around though if they do refocus. The challenge for them is that Microsoft have jumped on streaming so quickly and can match them for cloud infrastructure, and already have an established roster of studios, IP and audience.
I agree, it is odd how badly they've fecked it. But then again Google do have plenty of previous.

I did call it before though, cast your mind back to years and years ago. I know my sense of humour has always got in the way of me making sense with you, but remember when talking about signing up to the services I kept saying some have worse ideas than others? That things planned by some are way worse for gaming than even EA breaking down games to sell in parts? That there was a reason EA pulled out of buying the Xbox division (I spoke about that on here a bit too much!) and that things could get a lot worse? Well a lot of that was to do with what these guys were talking about even way back and the future of streaming services.

Kind of odd now that EA are in the gamepass isn't it? Except it's not, they fecked up. It's simply because they, like google, have fecked up in thinking it would all happen a lot sooner and put a lot more faith in the sign ups and being able to dictate how gamers receive their games. They pulled out of buying Xbox because they figured hardware was done and that even back then the future was streaming and the publishers having total control.

Of course it will still happen one day like that, but for now both reached too far. It's not surprising EA fecked up as they haven't a clue about either software or hardware, they just know grifting/marketing. With Google it's a little more surprising because they have talent in both areas, but look at the people running the ship. They not only pulled an MS with getting the worst possible marketing people to run their campaigns (Xbone rings a bell), but they still have out of touch morons publicly speaking for them. It's no surprise that it's MS, the software company behind the hardware all around the world who actually understands these things, have done it the right way. And I applaud them on that. Whilst the gamepass isn't the be all and end all some make out (there's a hell of a lot of games that are on other services, or have been free on them for example), it's undeniable it's cracking value and a great introduction to new gamers.

Shame they made the same old having to do a hardware mistake with the S and the memory (though the machine itself is insane for power to value ratio), but that's another conversation!

Bojan11

Imagine CDPR just abandoned it after a few months?
They have multiplayer and DLC to release.

The next gen patches will make some difference, but I don’t see them making a massive difference to the gameplay or whatever. Just added ray tracing and better visuals, I guess.

According to DF, the best way to play it on consoles at the moment is Series X via quality mode, which is 30 FPS.

They will definitely need to have a relaunch when the DLC is out. But the problem is when you release a broken game at launch, people tend to forget about them even when they fixed after a year. They move onto other stuff.

I also don’t like all the rubbish they did to hide console reviews. They should have taken a leap out of 343 studios book and delayed the game if it wasn’t ready. 343 got ridiculed when they showed Halo in June. If CDPR were straight up and showed the footage of it running on PS4, I am sure the negative reaction would have caused them to delay it just like MS did with Halo. The only gameplay console footage that they shown is the Xbox version and that was last month plus it was running on the Series X. It is a slide show currently on the original Xbox.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
20 mins into stadia game... all going well. One bug so far. Took a long time to get the controller settings right. Graphics were terrible (really bad) on high framerate mode. Seems 30 fps locked on visuals mode.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t really mind it in its current state if they can just fix the crashes. I’ve probably had 20 plus crashes now on ps5. Can’t seem to go an hour without one.,

marktan

20 mins into stadia game... all going well. One bug so far. Took a long time to get the controller settings right. Graphics were terrible (really bad) on high framerate mode. Seems 30 fps locked on visuals mode.
Is it much better for you on the visual mode vs the high framerate? I'm playing on stadia too (macbook) and graphics are ok but ideally would've wanted better, don't really see much off a difference between visual and high framer rate.

But I guess expectations have to be somewhat lower with paying nothing for the hardware vs thousands for a high end pc.

Irwin99

So many little things (and big things like crashes) marring the game. Just in the past hour I've had:
  • An important character (no spoilers) was giving me some dialogue in the street when my phone rings and automatically answers; I have two dialogues going on at once and I miss the more important one :rolleyes:
  • PlayStation one graphics suddenly appear looking at a character and items are floating in mid-air
  • Characters get stuck in walls during combat
  • Massive slow down in combat
  • Another crash
It's really hard to believe they could have released this game as it is. There's a genuinely exciting and really good game buried beneath this. I've only just begun Act 2 and i'm half tempted to just put this away for 6 months until it's hopefully playable.

Redlambs

This is the disappointing thing for me...there's not actually a really good game buried beneath it. It's ok at best.

I invite anyone to tell me a single gameplay element that is either new, or not been done a lot better before....go!

evil_geko

Journalists attack? Most of them gave it a 9.

Unless the title means Journalists are attacked, then that’s true because one was for giving it a 7 and was ridiculed.
It was ridiculed for a reason, not because of the score itself, but the actual review, the reviewer skipped tons of content, barely played any side quests in an RPG. She shouldn't be given any RPG/Open World game to review again with this kind of approach. A terrible reviewer with horrible past reviews.

On the other hand, CP 2077 deserves that 7 because of horrible state it is in, it probably deserves a 4/10 on last gen consoles. But I am playing it on PC and enjoying the heck out of it.

Redlambs

Pubic hair coloring.
Not a gameplay element, and you can't even pick your own colour past the presets. 2/10.

It was ridiculed for a reason, not because of the score itself, but the actual review, the reviewer skipped tons of content, barely played any side quests in an RPG. She shouldn't be given any RPG/Open World game to review again with this kind of approach. A terrible reviewer with horrible past reviews.

On the other hand, CP 2077 deserves that 7 because of horrible state it is in, it probably deserves a 4/10 on last gen consoles. But I am playing it on PC and enjoying the heck out of it.
Care to elaborate? For a start, how do you know she skipped a ton of content?

Early on in Cyberpunk 2077, there's a series of side quests that has you tracking down rogue taxis run by faulty AI. You have to talk one of the taxis down from suicide as it contemplates driving off a bridge, while another needs to be brute-forced into behaving, and a third is an obvious reference to a famous video game AI that manipulates you as you chase it down. It's one of the best minor questlines in the game, an intriguing and surprisingly human substory that rewards you with lots of much-needed cash. It's also an excuse to send you to every corner of Night City, a clever introduction to all the areas you haven't yet been.

I spent a lot of my playtime following side-quest threads like this one, excited about the premise and hoping to find something as interesting or fun or rewarding at the end and, in many cases, I did.

evil_geko

Not a gameplay element, and you can't even pick your own colour past the presets. 2/10.

She admitted in an youtube interview and in another place. It's a well known fact at this point.

Bojan11

Kallie played Cyberpunk 2077 for 50 hours, completing a variety of side quests and character arcs as well as one ending for the main story. She played a female Nomad V and specialized in hacking. Review code was provided by CD Projekt Red.
Past terrible reviews, I am presuming Geko doesn’t agree about her giving last of us 2 a 8/10, which is bizarre as his whole stick was to hate on the game. Strange.

She played 50 hours of the game and that’s more than enough to forge a opinion.

evil_geko

Links and context please.
I can't be bothered to chase videos just so you can believe me, basically she rushed the story, she never changed her gear, never got cybernetics, felt the open world was too overwhelming, was overwhelmed by skill trees, some side quests and decided they were meaningless despite many other reviewers confirming the side quests are integral to the game and even intersect with the main story.

Terrible review, this is not her kind of game and that is fine, so it is basically Gamespot's fault for giving the review to her.

@Bojan11 you can spam TLOU2 all you want man, that want change that she is a terrible reviewer.

Redlambs

Past terrible reviews, I am presuming Geko doesn’t agree about her giving last of us 2 a 8/10, which is bizarre as his whole stick was to hate on the game. Strange.

She played 50 hours of the game and that’s more than enough to forge a opinion.
He knows that. He is hiding behind the fact he hasn't actually posted what he means and where he gets it from..

For example...

I can't be bothered to chase videos just so you can believe me, basically she rushed the story, she never changed her gear, never got cybernetics, felt the open world was too overwhelming, was overwhelmed by skill trees, some side quests and decided they were meaningless despite many other reviewers confirming the side quests are integral to the game and even intersect with the main story.

Terrible review, this is not her kind of game and that is fine, so it is basically Gamespot's fault giving the review to her.
You can't and you won't because you already know I have seen those videos and know what you've watched and will absolutely destroy both you and the piece of shit slurring that review. The very fact he ignores way worse reviews from the off to focus on her should tell you his point, then it only gets way worse from there.

Stop being a coward. If you have something to say then say it. If you can pick apart a single piece of that review for yourself, then do it.

Hey, I'll even help you...lets take what she said about not doing the cop quests. Now do you disagree that they just aren't that important and you have better things to do or not? And does the time you have to play affect that decision?

evil_geko

He knows that. He is hiding behind the fact he hasn't actually posted what he means and where he gets it from..

For example...

You can't and you won't because you already know I have seen those videos and know what you've watched and will absolutely destroy both you and the piece of shit slurring that review. The very fact he ignores way worse reviews from the off to focus on her should tell you his point, then it only gets way worse from there.

Stop being a coward. If you have something to say then say it. If you can pick apart a single piece of that review for yourself, then do it.

Hey, I'll even help you...lets take what she said about not doing the cop quests. Now do you disagree that they just aren't that important and you have better things to do or not? And does the time you have to play affect that decision?
Who ignores what? Which piece of shit? Are you ok? Do you need some help? You are literally not making any sense, I mean I know you like to create your own narratives and go with it, but this is too early for that to be honest.

I was talking about her youtube interview and you are mentioning god knows what, fecking psycho. :lol:

Bojan11

For example...

Oh his buddy the quartering.

Saw a lot of reviewers on my timeline telling him to go feck himself. Funny how the morons who were targeting this reviewer have now done a uturn and moved onto targeting the company itself judging by the userscores on metacritic.

Redlambs

Who ignores what? Which piece of shit? Are you ok? Do you need some help? You are literally not making any sense, I mean I know you like to create your own narratives and go with it, but this is too early for that to be honest.

I was talking about her youtube interview and you are mentioning god knows what, fecking psycho. :lol:
Post "the other place". Post the video and explain exactly what she says that leads you to your views. You can't be bothered to, but you have time to ramble on and once again not answer any questions? You can't answer exactly what about her reviews is the problem?

Do that, then let's talk about what exactly your problem is, because as always you can't and won't answer. You'll keep trying to turn it on me, you'll keep posting your smilies, but you'll never answer. The sad thing is people will just see this as us two arguing again, when in fact it should be about your incredibly questionable views that no one else asks even simple questions about and why you refuse to answer.

Redlambs

Oh his buddy the quartering.

Saw a lot of reviewers on my timeline telling him to go feck himself. Funny how the morons who were targeting this reviewer have now done a uturn and moved onto targeting the company itself judging by the userscores on metacritic.
That's definitely one of his sources, though not his only one.

I'm right about that geks aren't I? That it's not just that ignorant piece of shit you follow, is it?

Actually, don't bother answering. Your reply is irrelevant. What's not is why so many can see what you post yet can't put it together. Why you are even allowed to attempt to hide who you are on a site that's apparently better than that, when you've made yourself clear over and over again.

Coward.

evil_geko

Post "the other place". Post the video and explain exactly what she says that leads you to your views. You can't be bothered to, but you have time to ramble on and once again not answer any questions? You can't answer exactly what about her reviews is the problem?

Do that, then let's talk about what exactly your problem is, because as always you can't and won't answer. You'll keep trying to turn it on me, you'll keep posting your smilies, but you'll never answer. The sad thing is people will just see this as us two arguing again, when in fact it should be about your incredibly questionable views that no one else asks even simple questions about and why you refuse to answer.
No, I can't be bothered to, I am way past answering your fantasies, I answered until I saw how stubborn with your predefined narratives you are. That is the real sad thing, you thinking you got everything figured out and spewing some random shit, mentioning random people, I just checked Quartering Bojan mentioned, he is one of those gossip drama channels which I don't waste my time watching. But you are doing good old you, thinking you know everything, cheers!

I am "hiding what I am" and I am "coward". :lol: You are a gift that keeps on giving! You should maybe write a novel, your imagination is one of a kind, bright future!

Redlambs

No, I can't be bothered to, I am way past answering your fantasies, I answered until I saw how stubborn with your predefined narratives you are. That is the real sad thing, you thinking you got everything figured out and spewing some random shit, mentioning random people, I just checked Quartering Bojan mentioned, he is one of those gossip drama channels which I don't waste my time watching. But you are doing good old you, thinking you know everything, cheers!
Exactly on script. You won't answer a single question, yet repeat over and over your little buzzwords like "narrative".

And @Bojan11 hit you hard with the Quartening mention didn't he? I didn't even need to, funny, What's also funny is you seemed to watch that whole thing rather quickly and want to now distance yourself despite him exactly describing your views...Funny that.

Post your other sources, post your reasoning for her bad reviews. Literally post anything to back yourself up. Otherwise, you'll continue to be a plain simple coward just like all who think like you do.

evil_geko

Exactly on script. You won't answer a single question, yet repeat over and over your little buzzwords like "narrative".

And @Bojan11 hit you hard with the Quartening mention didn't he? I didn't even need to, funny, What's also funny is you seemed to watch that whole thing rather quickly and want to now distance yourself despite him exactly describing your views...Funny that.

Post your other sources, post your reasoning for her bad reviews. Literally post anything to back yourself up. Otherwise, you'll continue to be a plain simple coward just like all who think like you do.
Ooooh yeah, he hit me real hard, I am shivering over here, I don't know what to do man, I am donezo!

Him exactly describing my views? Hmmmm....what could it be, I don't know, I didn't watch his video but could it be? COULD IT REALLY BE? That he watched that interview too describing same thing? Good lord! You are on to something here! Don't give up!

Bojan11

I don’t even know what’s going on to be honest. Do me a tl;dr? Are you both on the beers?
Can’t remember the whole of it. But Geks was saying weird stuff in the last of us 2 thread and lot of people on here called him out over it and he was refusing to answer. Just kept repeating himself. He wasn’t just specifically moaning about the gameplay because if he was @Redlambs would have agreed with him because the gameplay on those games is average.

Just check his posts in that thread.

Redlambs

:lol:

Ooooh yeah, he hit me real hard, I am shivering over here, I don't know what to do man, I am donezo!
Another predictable coward response.

You still haven't answered a single question btw, just like last time. Let's start simple:

She admitted in an youtube interview and in another place. It's a well known fact at this point.
We'll ignore your issues with the "interview" for now, what's the other place?

I'm going to actually laugh in your face if it's only that bearded prick you are getting your opinions from btw :lol:

Redlambs

Can’t remember the whole of it. But Geks was saying weird stuff in the last of us 2 thread and lot of people on here called him out over it and he was refusing to answer. Just kept repeating himself. He wasn’t just specifically moaning about the gameplay because if he was @Redlambs would have agreed with him because the gameplay on those games is average.

Just check his posts in that thread.
Let's not forget the very fact his "agenda" posts was around the time of the original leaks. That part is important too.