Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

evil_geko

I don’t even know what’s going on to be honest. Do me a tl;dr? Are you both on the beers?
I used the word agenda in TLOU2 thread giving my opinion how I hated story choices and characters development etc. And because of that he thinks I hate lesbians. Basically a whole thing. It's fecking hilarious. :lol:

And from that moment, he is literally stalking me on the forum. Basically becoming a meme at this point.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Loving it so far. Getting lost in its world. Surprisingly no crashes for me a few hours in. On the graphic side, I do look forward to playing the next gen version that looks insanely good on the PS5 when I get it (hopefully around a year from now).

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Loving it so far. Getting lost in its world. Surprisingly no crashes for me a few hours in. On the graphic side, I do look forward to playing the next gen version that looks insanely good on the PS5 when I get it (hopefully around a year from now).
What are you playing it on? The update today worked well on all machines, but trust me they can improve it further as it's a machine specific issue imo.

Now, join me jumping around the rooftops!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m 17 hours in and not had a crash yet (XSX). Had a few other mostly minor issues though.

Im at the point where I can buy a new car but all the ones I’ve been offered so far are shite.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I don’t even know what’s going on to be honest. Do me a tl;dr? Are you both on the beers?
Escalated fast I'm lost aswel

Can't everybody be grown up and focus on the shit that actually matters

Like Xbox fecking Playstation

evil_geko

Sorry for the off topic lads, but he is always the one starting this shit and jumping on my posts. Maybe if I just ignored his psycho ass, I might be better off.

On the topic, I am really liking the game and I haven't had any serious bugs so far, the only thing that sticks really bad like a sore thumb is the Police AI and their teleporting bollocks. I don't know how that went through the QA.

After sorting the biggest priority which is old gen consoles, this should be next, Police AI seems like a fecking placeholder ffs.

Bojan11

After reading the spoilers, leaker actually saved me some money, cheers, I am skipping this, not going to be even close to the quality of the original. Plus all the agenda pushing in it...bloody hell.
Would be helpful if you told us what agenda pushing @evil_geko then we can move on. Like 10 people in that thread asked you the same question and you skipped around it.

That’s why people are suspect of your views because you just did not explain what agendas naughty dog are supposed to be pushing.

Redlambs

I used the word agenda in TLOU2 thread giving my opinion how I hated story choices and characters development etc. And because of that he thinks I hate lesbians. Basically a whole thing. It's fecking hilarious. :lol:

And from that moment, he is literally stalking me on the forum. Basically becoming a meme at this point.
Oh really? Considering I wasn't even the first person to pull you up?

I didn't find it "meh" per se, but when I read things about it like "Best Survival Horror game in last 20 years", I find it really fecking overrated, people forgot what actual "Horror Survival" is if that is "the best in last 20 years", it was good, but god people are going overboard.
After reading the spoilers, leaker actually saved me some money, cheers, I am skipping this, not going to be even close to the quality of the original. Plus all the agenda pushing in it...bloody hell.
First two posts. The second after certain leaks...

Don't act fecking dumb, everyone could see what you were implying by misinterpreting that word.
See above.

And I never misinterpreted anything, every single poster on here is free to look at the back and fourth and your refusal to answer a very simple question. But they won't, it's too uncomfortable.

Seriously mate, I respect you and know you won't end up siding with this coward, but this isn't the time. If people as a whole want to turn a blind eye to who geks is then fine, but it's not a joking matter.

Sorry for the off topic lads, but he is always the one starting this shit and jumping on my posts. Maybe if I just ignored his psycho ass, I might be better off.
Shocker. Funny you haven't ignored me eh? I wonder why that is?

Do it, put me on ignore. So you never have to ignore my perfectly valid questions again. You never have to see me call you out over and over and have to pretend to be someone else again. Put me on ignore, because that would be best for you.

But then again, you would have done that a while ago if I was wrong...eh?

Would be helpful if you told us what agenda pushing @evil_geko then we can move on. Like 10 people in that thread asked you the same question and you skipped around it.

That’s why people are suspect of your views because you just did not explain what agendas naughty dog are supposed to be pushing.
As I told you, pigeon and anyone else who questioned his views. He won't. He'll make a song and dance, he'll post his smilies and twist and turn it all around to make it look like a typical online argument and he will never once explain one little thing.

The only sad thing is it works too, clearly. That's how people like him get away with it, they can obfuscate (google it geks) discussions and people decide they don't want to read pages of bickering. Funny that, when it comes round to talk about what's right.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The new update has improved things a fair bit but I still think it looks off graphically. Had one NPC stuck in a T pose too.

I do enjoy playing it.

amolbhatia50k

What are you playing it on? The update today worked well on all machines, but trust me they can improve it further as it's a machine specific issue imo.

Now, join me jumping around the rooftops!
I'm playing it on a base PS4 and while i know it's the lowest end version and doesn't look like the PC version, I think the PS5 version will eventually look like that, and I'm fine with this for now as long as the game has me hooked, which it does.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It’s so tempting to build an all round character. Probably makes it less of a RPG when you do that though. Guess I’ll go with technical, reflexes and body mostly for my nomad. Cool for my street kid and intelligence for corpo. Not sure how much replayability there will be for 3 play throughs though.

Redlambs

I'm playing it on a base PS4 and while i know it's the lowest end version and doesn't look like the PC version, I think the PS5 version will eventually look like that, and I'm fine with this for now as long as the game has me hooked, which it does.
The PS5 version will never look like the PC, but the PS4 version can and will look a lot better.

As I've said, the problem wasn't the hardware it was that they rushed a product that wasn't tailored to each. That's why the last patch was at different sizes and times across those platforms, and at least they are fixing it! The devs, and the game, both deserve it to be better so let's all hope they get to realise it. If not now, I'll certainly take a sequel that smashes it!

Redlambs

It’s so tempting to build an all round character. Probably makes it less of a RPG when you do that though. Guess I’ll go with technical, reflexes and body mostly for my nomad. Cool for my street kid and intelligence for corpo. Not sure how much replayability there will be for 3 play throughs though.
I wouldn't. I've looked through the perks (I have 5 and have yet to spend a single one) and I think deciding what you want to be and going with it will be key in this game. But that's my own personal opinion, and I'm an idiot. I have 8 hours on record and literally all I've done is check the perks, break my ankles a lot and try to buy robot hookers (right @RedSky ? ;)) . I've only just got my first upgrades and got in debt, which I'm now informed is about 30mins into the game :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Random point on this - games like this should be able to have save folders, to keep different playthroughs organised better

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I wouldn't. I've looked through the perks (I have 5 and have yet to spend a single one) and I think deciding what you want to be and going with it will be key in this game. But that's my own personal opinion, and I'm an idiot. I have 8 hours on record and literally all I've done is check the perks, break my ankles a lot and try to buy robot hookers (right @RedSky ? ;)) . I've only just got my first upgrades and got in debt, which I'm now informed is about 30mins into the game :lol:
I’m definitely behind. 17 hours in but doing stuff that websites say is 5 hours in. That’s the beauty of these games though isn’t it?

Kaos

I've gone all in on the intelligence/hacking build, I love sitting far back in safety and setting goons on fire while their oblivious allies panic :lol:

Game really does pick up after the prologue too, I'm fully hooked in.

Redlambs

I’m definitely behind. 17 hours in but doing stuff that websites say is 5 hours in. That’s the beauty of these games though isn’t it?
It is.

Though it's a curse for the likes of me as I'm so easily distracted. I've already done some incredibly stupid things, like one of the first boxing missions I was about to fight then heard a gunfight nearby...long story short, I ended up in a river as I thought you could swim to boats and hijack them. I'm a moron.

Yeah. Would have to be within the game. Deffo no quicksave? On Xbox you press select and Y. Lifesaver
There probably is, but the game is absolute trash for telling you anything. Half the controls are hidden, especially on PC.

Like I've only just realised you can peak around corners! Why the feck can't you just have buttons to do that like any normal game???

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've gone all in on the intelligence/hacking build, I love sitting far back in safety and setting goons on fire while their oblivious allies panic :lol:
This is what I was thinking for a corpo play through. But I’ve already been hacking and stealthy loads with my nomad.

evil_geko

Oh really? Considering I wasn't even the first person to pull you up?

First two posts. The second after certain leaks...

See above.

And I never misinterpreted anything, every single poster on here is free to look at the back and fourth and your refusal to answer a very simple question. But they won't, it's too uncomfortable.

Seriously mate, I respect you and know you won't end up siding with this coward, but this isn't the time. If people as a whole want to turn a blind eye to who geks is then fine, but it's not a joking matter.

Shocker. Funny you haven't ignored me eh? I wonder why that is?

Do it, put me on ignore. So you never have to ignore my perfectly valid questions again. You never have to see me call you out over and over and have to pretend to be someone else again. Put me on ignore, because that would be best for you.

But then again, you would have done that a while ago if I was wrong...eh?

As I told you, pigeon and anyone else who questioned his views. He won't. He'll make a song and dance, he'll post his smilies and twist and turn it all around to make it look like a typical online argument and he will never once explain one little thing.

The only sad thing is it works too, clearly. That's how people like him get away with it, they can obfuscate (google it geks) discussions and people decide they don't want to read pages of bickering. Funny that, when it comes round to talk about what's right.
Oooooooh, you dug out my "evil agenda post", what am I to do now, it's out for the world to see. I explained several times in that thread through some of the posts, which wasn't enough for you because it wasn't what you wanted to "hear", yeah, I could write another lengthy post but your stubborn ass doesn't deserve that after all this crap from you, so I will NOT repeat myself again just to satisfy this charade of yours. Believe what you want. I don't give a flying feck.

Back to topic:

This might be useful for some AMD CPU users:

Might improve performance, did not in my case, backup exe before of course.

amolbhatia50k

I’m 17 hours in and not had a crash yet (XSX). Had a few other mostly minor issues though.

Im at the point where I can buy a new car but all the ones I’ve been offered so far are shite.
You're way way ahead of me. For some reason I've become a really slow gamer with age. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

The PS5 version will never look like the PC, but the PS4 version can and will look a lot better.

As I've said, the problem wasn't the hardware it was that they rushed a product that wasn't tailored to each. That's why the last patch was at different sizes and times across those platforms, and at least they are fixing it! The devs, and the game, both deserve it to be better so let's all hope they get to realise it. If not now, I'll certainly take a sequel that smashes it!
I'm still confident I'll love this one.

Maybe not as good as a top end PC but surely the PS5 version can reach somewhere close (80%) once they release a proper dedicated patch for it in 2021? Keep in mind that I'm talking about Aug to Oct 2021.

Redlambs

Oooooooh, you dug out my "evil agenda post", what am I to do now, it's out for the world to see. I explained several times in that thread through some of the posts, which wasn't enough for you because it wasn't what you wanted to "hear", yeah, I could write another lengthy post but your stubborn ass doesn't deserve that after all this crap from you, so I will NOT repeat myself again just to satisfy this charade of yours. Believe what you want. I don't give a flying feck.
Oh, but you do. That's why you read my response ages before you posted this, and still haven't blocked me.

And how is it you explained yourself "several times" yet no one else seems to see it?

Coward.

Back to topic:

This might be useful for some AMD CPU users:

Might improve performance, did not in my case, backup exe before of course.
This game isn't CPU driven no matter what the early tests say. It's more driven by the settings not actually working properly, and also by people not understanding the concept of forcing the GPU to take the brunt of the work.

The best way to get performance is to set the resolution up higher than you think (mine works best at above 1440 even though my monitor is 1080 @144hz) and force the GPU to work first. Then DO NOT set custom from the off, pick one of their set settings and adjust from there. Shadow cascades is the worst culprit, but also if you aren't running RTX then TURN OFF dlss if it's on for your card.

I've posted some settings in this thread to help people if you look back. The game is 100% at fault though, not the CPU or GPU you have.

Redlambs

Maybe not as good as a top end PC but surely the PS5 version can reach somewhere close (80%) once they release a proper dedicated patch for it in 2021? Keep in mind that I'm talking about Aug to Oct 2021.
I hope we both do! I'm still having fun in it.

It's just I can already see what it was supposed to be, but so can they. Hopefully they can get it up to scratch, then we all win :drool:

evil_geko

Oh yeah, one more thing I love about the game is parkour in it, I didn't follow the hype and videos so I didn't expect it. Very Dying Light-ish which I loved.

Kaos

One positive I'm taking from the game is hopefully it inspires more triple AAA cyberpunk themed games. Now if Eidos could pull their finger out and stop making awful Marvel cash ins and instead make the next Deus Ex game, that would be splendid.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal

When the next gen patch comes out I highly doubt it will reach 60fps on 4k upscaled. The textures will always be of lower quality compared to the PC version also. By 2021 I'm sure the PC version will run even better and look even better on top of that.

The PS5 is about 3/4 years behind compared to the PC in terms of graphical output. It's a shame consoles are always severely underpowered because it stagnates the gaming industry.

Playing spiderman miles morales on my PS5 is really annoying... looks great in the graphics mode but its on 30 FPS (or lower) and it gets really choppy sometimes when moving around the streets. Spidermans animations flying through the air are really off putting...

The PS5 pro needs to come out ASAP.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
One positive I'm taking from the game is hopefully it inspires more triple AAA cyberpunk themed games. Now if Eidos could pull their finger out and stop making awful Marvel cash ins and instead make the next Deus Ex game, that would be splendid.
Mankind Divided was great except it ended when I felt like it was barely half-way through.

amolbhatia50k

When the next gen patch comes out I highly doubt it will reach 60fps on 4k upscaled. The textures will always be of lower quality compared to the PC version also. By 2021 I'm sure the PC version will run even better and look even better on top of that.

The PS5 is about 3/4 years behind compared to the PC in terms of graphical output. It's a shame consoles are always severely underpowered because it stagnates the gaming industry.

Playing spiderman miles morales on my PS5 is really annoying... looks great in the graphics mode but its on 30 FPS (or lower) and it gets really choppy sometimes when moving around the streets. Spidermans animations flying through the air are really off putting...

The PS5 pro needs to come out ASAP.
Can't remember the last 60 FPS game I played so that shouldn't be an issue. And im not concerned about my future PS5 catching up with a PC. That's not expected but playing the game around the level of visual fidelity that is ideal /intended is more than enough.

I guess it depends on what you're used to. I haven't done high end PF gaming since I was 16.

justboy68

You're way way ahead of me. For some reason I've become a really slow gamer with age. :lol:
I'm right with you there. 12 hours played and not finished the prologue yet. I'm always confused how people get through games so fast. I crossed 110 hours on AC Odyssey and didn't even do the expansions (it was becoming far too much of a drag).

caid

I was doing main story missions pretty much exclusively and was thinking the game was absolutely fantastic. Spent the night doing side missions, murdering random gangs and just exploring and its a much, much weaker side to the game. I guess it makes sense that the main story is better tuned than the rest of the content.
The patch made driving a bit more playable and borderline enjoyable but still choppy and just ... weak really. Enemy ai is weak, i have 3 points in cool and no perks and feel pretty confident i stealth my way through pretty much any group of enemies. Find the readability of combat weak, I really struggle to tell the difference between a gunshot that flies past my head and one that hits me between the eyes and takes half my health. Theres other weak aspects, the sandbox, make your own fun elements of an open world game just arent there for me. I accept these games tend not to have that much depth but this seems particularly shallow really.
Its a bit bipolar, jumps between sublime and 5/10 forgettable crap from one minute to the next.

caid

Did meet a lovely vending machine named Brendan who called me a whore, that was quite fun

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Oh it's definitely there on PC, if you can afford a card powerful enough and with Ray tracing. I think it's the best looking game I've played. I'd be excited for the PS5 and Series X versions if I was waiting for them, hopefully by the time they're released they're well optimised.
ya, sorry was talking from a console perspective. I’m on Series X and it’s alright - I think as one said we are using a backwards compatible version (One X I think), so it’s just not using the power and benefits of next gen.

Im actually really enjoying the game anyway and not as annoyed as other people with it. I want this for the story, graphics and stuff will improve for my second play through.